NE may get another break this week

faba

Rudi could miss Patriots game

Hamstring injury might put normally durable RB on Bengals' sideline

BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM

The injury curse that has ravaged linebacker and safety for the Bengals might be focusing on a third position: running back.

Rudi Johnson, among the most durable Bengals and the NFL leader with 1,039 rushing attempts the previous three seasons, might not play Monday night against New England because of a hamstring injury suffered at Seattle.

There was no official injury report Tuesday, but during a news conference Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said, "the guys who were banged up in the Seattle game who we're unsure about would be Caleb Miller and Rudi Johnson."

Miller, a linebacker, has a back injury.

Because the Bengals' actions often speak louder - and more candidly - than Lewis' words, proof that Johnson could be out for Monday's game came with the post-news conference announcement that the club had signed running back DeDe Dorsey, who was with the Bengals in training camp in 2006, to a two-year contract. They waived rookie tailback Clifton Dawson to make room for Dorsey, who played in 13 games on special teams with Indianapolis last season and earned a Super Bowl ring.

Rudi could miss Patriots game

Hamstring injury might put normally durable RB on Bengals' sideline

BY MARK CURNUTTE | MCURNUTTE@ENQUIRER.COM

The injury curse that has ravaged linebacker and safety for the Bengals might be focusing on a third position: running back.

Rudi Johnson, among the most durable Bengals and the NFL leader with 1,039 rushing attempts the previous three seasons, might not play Monday night against New England because of a hamstring injury suffered at Seattle.

There was no official injury report Tuesday, but during a news conference Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said, "the guys who were banged up in the Seattle game who we're unsure about would be Caleb Miller and Rudi Johnson."

Miller, a linebacker, has a back injury.

Because the Bengals' actions often speak louder - and more candidly - than Lewis' words, proof that Johnson could be out for Monday's game came with the post-news conference announcement that the club had signed running back DeDe Dorsey, who was with the Bengals in training camp in 2006, to a two-year contract. They waived rookie tailback Clifton Dawson to make room for Dorsey, who played in 13 games on special teams with Indianapolis last season and earned a Super Bowl ring.

It Figures... Not only are the Patriots Good, but they are lucky as well. It wouldn't suprise me if they do make a run at Miami's record & have Bounaconti & company wait quite a while for their "Toast".

faba, and the Jets are getting a break with half the Bills defense out this week. :)

I was looking at the stats through the first 3 games- Buffalo is just about worst in the NFL on offense and defense in yards per game so far. If there is any team ripe for a win for us on the road it is this week.

Garb, you forgot Seymour and Harrison in the first game. ;)

Yes, yes he did.

Though, I don't think Rudi would make much difference in theis game anyhow, the Bengals defense is absolutely horrid, the Browns scored 50+ on them.

Bengals aren't all that good, they are Colts light, all offense, no defense.

(except now the Colts defense is playing pretty well)

they aren't gonna need Rudi anyway if they want to win-it's gonna be an air-it-out-all-day high scoring fiesta-throw it long and often because that's the way NE is playing this year 48-43-something like that

Actually, I could see it going that way, but I don't think that they are gonna score that many points against our D.

It's gonna be a good game though

I was looking at the stats through the first 3 games- Buffalo is just about worst in the NFL on offense and defense in yards per game so far. If there is any team ripe for a win for us on the road it is this week.

I've always thrown out the stats sheet the week of the Bills/Jets game. We ALWAYS play each other tough regardless of the records. I just pray we win otherwise I'll never hear the end of it. :roll:

Yes, yes he did.

Though, I don't think Rudi would make much difference in theis game anyhow, the Bengals defense is absolutely horrid, the Browns scored 50+ on them.

Bengals aren't all that good, they are Colts light, all offense, no defense.

(except now the Colts defense is playing pretty well)

For the record douchy...Garbs not a he.

Whiney babies, that what you people are.

You played the Ravens without their starting QB. You played the 'Phin's without Zack Thomas and Sunday you play Buffalo without half their starters - including Losman.

I would rather have played against McNair, but it's not like we had our starting QB either. I guess you don't remember it being hailed as battle of the backups huh? And their backup started for like 3 years.

When we are injured nobody makes excuses for us, but when other teams are injured you guys make excuses for those teams. Where were our excuses everytime Chad was injured? What about 2005 period, when 75% of the team was injured?

Archived