Official "Hope Chad lays an egg vs the Eagles so Clemens can take over" Thread

Barton

This thread worked last week vs. the Giants, but apparently it wasnt enough for Mangini to bench noodle arm.

If Chad lays another egg vs the Eagles and we lose, he'll get benched. 99% guaranteed.

herehere! :cheers:

Your taking it way too far. Havent you realized nobody cares about you and what you post about. Root for the frekin starter whoever it is!

You guys who all want Chad gone, but dont want to deal with the results that cause it are hypocrites.

You cant have it both ways.

They dont have to cheer for those results, they will root for the Jets to win.

It must be a sad sight seeing you on a Sunday cheering for the opposing defence to mess up our starting QB, serioulsy, just sad.

Barton just hope for Chad to throw three INTs in the first half and get pulled for the second. That way Kellen can lead us to victory in the 2nd half, you don't need to root for us to lose.

Yeah, right. We're hoping that Chad throws 3 INT's so your boy Clemens (who I'm on the record as stating...SUCKS) can get in the game...like I've said numerous times, the Jets QB of the future is not on the roster at this time.

Barton just hope for Chad to throw three INTs in the first half and get pulled for the second. That way Kellen can lead us to victory in the 2nd half, you don't need to root for us to lose.

Thats a damn good idea. I think I will go with that. :)

Anybody who is rooting for Chad to have a great game and for the Jets to win is not a "true jets fan" in my eyes. It seems Mangini needs Pennington to REALLY fall on his face AGAIN, to bench him so he wont risk losing the team. So if Chad played well and we won this sunday, we'd be stuck with Chad for another 5 weeks. That would be a really bad thing. Really bad.

We need Chad to lay an egg, an egg so large and smelly that even Chads teammates will want him out and Mangini wont lose the lockeroom with the QB switch. That is the only reason I can think of why Mangini is not making the switch RIGHT NOW; he's afraid of losing the lockeroom. I dont know why he would think that, but thats the vibe I get. OR ecurb has sent letters to Mangini threatening to shoot him on the sidelines if he benches Chad.

You guys who all want Chad gone, but dont want to deal with the results that cause it are hypocrites.

You cant have it both ways.

You're actually excited about the Jets losing? I'm not. and I don't think any sane fan in their right mind would be.

I want Clemens to start, but I refuse to root against the team. that's crazy!

You're actually excited about the Jets losing? I'm not. and I don't think any sane fan in their right mind would be.

I want Clemens to start, but I refuse to root against the team. that's crazy!

You dont have to root against the team. Not at all. I'll be rooting for everyone but Chad.

But you have to root against Chad. Root against him hard.

But the thing is, even if he lays an egg and we WIN, it might not get him benched. Thats what worries me. But if he lays an egg and we LOSE, then I am almost positive he gets benched.

You dont have to root against the team. Not at all. I'll be rooting for everyone but Chad.

But you have to root against Chad. Root against him hard.

But the thing is, even if he lays an egg and we WIN, it might not get him benched. Thats what worries me. But if he lays an egg and we LOSE, then I am almost positive he gets benched.

You need the Chad wheel of doom in your thread :lol:

mspin.gif

At 1-4, we still have a chance to have a respectable season if we just get on a bit of a roll. At 1-5, it doesn't matter if Clemens comes in, this team is going into the tank, nobody is going to try. What's the difference between starting Clemens at 1-5 and at 1-7? 2 more losses and at least he gets a bye week to come in. Still a ****ty situation though.

If Mangini isn't going to make the change after 2 consecutive stinkers to two of the worst teams in the league, how is another loss going to change anything? You act like Pennington didn't have a string of 7 awful games in his career, news flash, he had it last year and Mangini didn't care. If you're serious about a QB of the future, you start him towards mid-season or late in a season where things are going okay. Like Shanahan did with Cutler, like Coughlin did with Eli. Or you start them early on in the season while you can still turn things around. Like Cowher with Roethlisberger, BB with Brady, Parcells with Romo, Fisher with VY. Or you start them as soon as you draft them. Like Peyton Manning, Troy Aikman, Matt Leinart? Or you get rid of your starting QB and hand your young QB the job, like Schottenheimer did to Brees for Rivers.

What you DON'T do, is wait until about a third of the season when the team is all but mathematically eliminated, and then throw a young QB into the fray with no room for error and with the team packing it in. I don't know of any HC that has done that and gotten a quality starting QB out of it in the NFL.

Thats a damn good idea. I think I will go with that. :)

Anybody who is rooting for Chad to have a great game and for the Jets to win is not a "true jets fan" in my eyes. It seems Mangini needs Pennington to REALLY fall on his face AGAIN, to bench him so he wont risk losing the team. So if Chad played well and we won this sunday, we'd be stuck with Chad for another 5 weeks. That would be a really bad thing. Really bad.

We need Chad to lay an egg, an egg so large and smelly that even Chads teammates will want him out and Mangini wont lose the lockeroom with the QB switch. That is the only reason I can think of why Mangini is not making the switch RIGHT NOW; he's afraid of losing the lockeroom. I dont know why he would think that, but thats the vibe I get. OR ecurb has sent letters to Mangini threatening to shoot him on the sidelines if he benches Chad.

Like how Parcells lost the team for pulling Bledsoe for Romo? Or how about Shanahan losing the team for pulling Plummer for Cutler in the thick of a playoff race? Or perhaps it was when Coughlin pulled Warner for Eli during a playoff race? Or maybe you mean like when Schottenheimer dumped Brees after an MVP type season for Rivers? Oh yeah, NO WAY YOU CAN KEEP THE TEAM AFTER PULLING YOUR QB!!! LETS JUST LOSE GAMES INSTEAD THATLL MAKE EM HAPPY!!!

Like how Parcells lost the team for pulling Bledsoe for Romo? Or how about Shanahan losing the team for pulling Plummer for Cutler in the thick of a playoff race? Or perhaps it was when Coughlin pulled Warner for Eli during a playoff race? Or maybe you mean like when Schottenheimer dumped Brees after an MVP type season for Rivers? Oh yeah, NO WAY YOU CAN KEEP THE TEAM AFTER PULLING YOUR QB!!! LETS JUST LOSE GAMES INSTEAD THATLL MAKE EM HAPPY!!!

You are preaching to the choir. If it was up to me, I would have yanked Chad mid way thru last year.

I am just giving you an opinion on what Mangini's thought process might be. I really dont understand what he is waiting for other than what I have already explained, and fwiw he doesnt have the clout of Parcells or Shanahan. He doesnt get a mulligan if Clemens flops.

I want the jets to lose as many games as they can, they might as well get a good a pick as possible from this abortion of a season. There is no way the Jets do better than 7-9 anyway so why not just go for a top 5 pick while you're sucking. The Jets can't even lose right.

Yeah, right. We're hoping that Chad throws 3 INT's so your boy Clemens (who I'm on the record as stating...SUCKS) can get in the game...like I've said numerous times, the Jets QB of the future is not on the roster at this time.

Ok even if what you say is true about my boy sucking thats fine. I'd still rather him play than Chad so that way we can see if he sucks or not. If he does we still need to find a franchise QB. Chad clearly isn't one and letting him keep playing just prolongs how long it will be till we find one.

You are preaching to the choir. If it was up to me, I would have yanked Chad mid way thru last year.

I am just giving you an opinion on what Mangini's thought process might be. I really dont understand what he is waiting for other than what I have already explained, and fwiw he doesnt have the clout of Parcells or Shanahan. He doesnt get a mulligan if Clemens flops.

You should call the FO and see if they need a coach. I'm sure they would hire you..

Plus it would give me a target to throw **** at. :smilies2_3some:

I want the jets to lose as many games as they can, they might as well get a good a pick as possible from this abortion of a season. There is no way the Jets do better than 7-9 anyway so why not just go for a top 5 pick while you're sucking. The Jets can't even lose right.

For the most part the worse a team is the more they have to pay to get a free agent to come play for them.

Some won't even play for a team that doesn't show any promise.

Ok even if what you say is true about my boy sucking thats fine. I'd still rather him play than Chad so that way we can see if he sucks or not. If he does we still need to find a franchise QB. Chad clearly isn't one and letting him keep playing just prolongs how long it will be till we find one.

But, here's where we part ways. If Clemens comes in and is everything you hoped he would be, that's fine with me...I hope I'm wrong. It's the same thing with Chad with me. That's the difference here...I don't care who the Jets have in there (any position), I just hope they play well enough to win us games. I thought that's what this game of football was all about, but some fans (or claim to be) are all about their own personal agenda's and put the team second. I could never be a fan like that...sorry.

But, here's where we part ways. If Clemens comes in and is everything you hoped he would be, that's fine with me...I hope I'm wrong. It's the same thing with Chad with me. That's the difference here...I don't care who the Jets have in there (any position), I just hope they play well enough to win us games. I thought that's what this game of football was all about, but some fans (or claim to be) are all about their own personal agenda's and put the team second. I could never be a fan like that...sorry.

The thing is Chad isn't going to get us to the superbowl EVER. He is not a very good NFL QB and theres no reason to keep him when we have a possibly better option waiting behind. As much as I like Kellen if he starts playing like Chad I would want him benched immedietly if there was a good enough replacement or I would the team to find a new Franchise QB.

What personal agenda am I putting out there? If Chad was a good QB and could actually win us games with his arms I would want him to stay the Jets QB, but he's not.

The thing is Chad isn't going to get us to the superbowl EVER. He is not a very good NFL QB and theres no reason to keep him when we have a possibly better option waiting behind. As much as I like Kellen if he starts playing like Chad I would want him benched immedietly if there was a good enough replacement or I would the team to find a new Franchise QB.

What personal agenda am I putting out there? If Chad was a good QB and could actually win us games with his arms I would want him to stay the Jets QB, but he's not.

Regardless if you think Chad could win a SB, stating that you wish he would throw 3 INT'S this Sunday is not a personal agenda to get Clemens in? That's like me saying, I hope Nugent misses 3 FG's because I like Tom Jones the second string PK that's on the bench. Why? Because Nugent will never be a SB type PK.

The people who want Chad to start are putting the team second, not me.

I am all about the team. I want a superbowl. Dassit. Nothing less.

The people who want Chad to start are putting the team second, not me.

I am all about the team. I want a superbowl. Dassit. Nothing less.

See, but that's just your opinion. I don't care who starts, I just want to win games, but I'll be damned if I'm going to start wishing the team loses or that a certain player ****s his pants just to get a guy in there...that's all I'm saying.

If Mangini doesn't know the right guys to have in there to win games then maybe he should be the one that's held accountable. After all, how many times has he said it's open competition and the best player starts? Too many times.

Barton, I don't know where your going with that. Chad led us to the playoffs last season, what more do you want from this guy. You probably would've yanked him for who? Honestly, for who? Clemens? Come on, get real there was a reason why KC wasn't even sniffing the #2 QB spot on our team, because the guy wasn't close to ready last season. So what your saying is that you would've essentially yanked Chad for Ramsey or for a totally raw rookie when they were a potential playoff team? Good grief Barton, just because you may not like the guy, don't totally destroy any football knowledge or credibility you potentially could have. Plus, if in the world of Barton we pull Chad, I guess the Jets would've beaten the Pats at home and still finish out 6-2.

Call me a Chad lover fine, but I'm finding myself moving off that bandwagon and want to see KC get in, but not to the point where you root him off the field. Guaranteed you were one of the many who cheered when Chad went down, and would probably do it again if the situation were right. Cheer for whoever is behind center or any position for that matter or just be a different fan for christ sakes.

Archived