Kansas City in revolt!!!!

MSGold12

Hmmm...so KC is "half as talented as we are" but you think they can "beat Bat and would easily have 2 wins wiht our sked"? That makes sense. Only a schmuck like you wouldd imply that Herm is SO good his team is actually OVER achieving!!!

And what a hypocrite you are. Every excuse and response you gave for Herm centered around our team not being as nearly talented as we all said it was...now, basically its the same team (maybe with less talent then when hermy was here) but its "twice as talented as KC". Yeah...more "truth" huh.

And KC is only half as talented as we are? How you figure that genius? By their 1800 yard, pro bowl RB? Their ROY candidate #1 WR? Their HOF TE? Their pro bowl C? And on D, I am sure Ty law and Patrick Surtain wuold take excpetion to being thought of as half as talented as revis and Dyson considering both have bene to pro bowls. Their LBs include Donnie Edwards and Nap harris...both of whom wuold start for us. And their DL may not have the "names" ours does but is very solid. Face it...that team is typical Herm. They should be MUCH beter then they are and they struggle because herm is such a conservative bafoon that he tries to win every game 7-6 but he runs such an undisciplined ship that only rarely does that work.

The jets are playing like garbage right now, the OL is a mess, the QB is deteriorating quickly and the D cant stop the run or rush the passer...thats why we are 1-4. You think they'd be any beter off with Hermy here? Please. But that the Jets are struggling has NOTHING to do wiht the fact that Edwards is a piece of sh*t who was almost just shut out at HOME by those powerful Jax Jags! The KC fans HATE him because unlike you they can see through his bullsh*t.

I'm curious when Hermy gets run out of KC in a year after destroying his second talented team he inherited if you;ll take your act over to a Chiefs board.

Talk to you later Mrs. Edwards.

Not true. He tries to win every game 9-7. 7-6 would imply he is interested in scoring a touchdown.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Winning 9 games w/ less talent and making the playoffs is better than winning 10 games and missing the playoffs. That great 10th win they got in '05 was meaningless as they were eliminated and they played a team that had their playoff position clinched and they treated is as an exhibition game.

Yep they are 2-3 and not very good but they are in full rebuilding mode, they ahve half the talent as the jets and twice the wins. KC beat 2 teams, each of which has at leats a win(SD has 2) while we beat 1 team that is winless.

KC is in full rebuilding mode? I'm sure that Larry Johnson is happy being overused for such a good cause. Do you think Herm can "build a team" ? What kind of player is he searching for? It will be interesting seeing what a fine group he puts together over there. How many years of "rebuilding" do I have to give him before I can tell you that he blows?

yep a revolt w/ all 3 fans on that site:p Have you notied Herm has 2 wins w/ a team half as talented as ours while we have 1 win? I thought once Herm left our toubles were over? what happened?

Id swap our defense for KCs in an NY minute, there is talent littered all over that unit. They just been hermanized.

Hmmm...so KC is "half as talented as we are" but you think they can "beat Bat and would easily have 2 wins wiht our sked"? That makes sense. Only a schmuck like you wouldd imply that Herm is SO good his team is actually OVER achieving!!!

And what a hypocrite you are. Every excuse and response you gave for Herm centered around our team not being as nearly talented as we all said it was...now, basically its the same team (maybe with less talent then when hermy was here) but its "twice as talented as KC". Yeah...more "truth" huh.

And KC is only half as talented as we are? How you figure that genius? By their 1800 yard, pro bowl RB? Their ROY candidate #1 WR? Their HOF TE? Their pro bowl C? And on D, I am sure Ty law and Patrick Surtain wuold take excpetion to being thought of as half as talented as revis and Dyson considering both have bene to pro bowls. Their LBs include Donnie Edwards and Nap harris...both of whom wuold start for us. And their DL may not have the "names" ours does but is very solid. Face it...that team is typical Herm. They should be MUCH beter then they are and they struggle because herm is such a conservative bafoon that he tries to win every game 7-6 but he runs such an undisciplined ship that only rarely does that work.

The jets are playing like garbage right now, the OL is a mess, the QB is deteriorating quickly and the D cant stop the run or rush the passer...thats why we are 1-4. You think they'd be any beter off with Hermy here? Please. But that the Jets are struggling has NOTHING to do wiht the fact that Edwards is a piece of sh*t who was almost just shut out at HOME by those powerful Jax Jags! The KC fans HATE him because unlike you they can see through his bullsh*t.

I'm curious when Hermy gets run out of KC in a year after destroying his second talented team he inherited if you;ll take your act over to a Chiefs board.

Talk to you later Mrs. Edwards.

I never called Herm great it's just funny how you guys are all still worried about Herm when he did a good job again last year and so far this year w/ a team in full rebuilding mode he has twice as many wins as we have even though we were picked by many to be a playoff team.

When did I ever make excuses about the team not being talented when Herm was here? i realize you don't have an argument(as usual) but please don't make things up.

Talent wise they have us beat at RB, other than that Bowe has had 1big game, let's not hand him the ROY trophy just yet, he's still nto as good as Coles or Cotch and KC has an old, declining TE, a young OL(Kyle Turley is starting at RT and when did casey wiegmann make a PB?)

Ty Law and Surtian were real good about 4-5 years ago(You shoudl watch players play and not rely on name recognition). Donnie edwards is average at this point, on D they have Allen and Derrick Johnson.

Do I think we'dbebetter of w/ Herm? That's not the question, the question is who's doing a better job right now and that's Herm. I still prefer Mangini but the facts are herm is doing agood job w/ a team w/o alot of talent.

They were almost shut out at home by the Jags butwe lost to Buf and blew 2 10 point leads in the 2nd half to the Giants.

Herm is destroying the 2nd talented team he inheritd? A) both the Jets and Chiefs got BETTER after Herm took over and B) Herm was not the Gm here and isn't in KC.

KC is in full rebuilding mode? I'm sure that Larry Johnson is happy being overused for such a good cause. Do you think Herm can "build a team" ? What kind of player is he searching for? It will be interesting seeing what a fine group he puts together over there. How many years of "rebuilding" do I have to give him before I can tell you that he blows?

Herm is NOT the GM, when will you guys understand that?

Id swap our defense for KCs in an NY minute, there is talent littered all over that unit. They just been hermanized.

The talent we have on D is still mostly a group that was top 5 in 2004, they are being used the wrong ay by a stubborn coach.

I would trade any 2 defenders on the Jets(Rhodes and Revis, even) for Jared Allen straight up. In the right defense, he's a wrecking ball, he's huge and he's a bull. He's also unfortunately a major league dumbass looking at a serious suspension for his next act of stupidtiy. But if he hits FA in March, they have to throw out the Mangini profiling stuff and take a real hard look at using some cap space on the guy.

Kinda think the worst offseason move the Jets made was not blowing Adalius Thomas out of the water. This defense doens't have anyone who simply has to be doubled or stopped.

Kinda think the worst offseason move the Jets made was not blowing Adalius Thomas out of the water. This defense doens't have anyone who simply has to be doubled or stopped.

In the off season nyjunc said that the Dolphins signing Joey Porter was a better move than the Pats signing Adalius Thomas.

The talent we have on D is still mostly a group that was top 5 in 2004, they are being used the wrong ay by a stubborn coach.

In 04 we had a nose tackle (Jason Ferguson) and a dynamic pass rusher in John Abraham. Two ingredients we now lack. Dont tell me about the system, because if you watch our games, the Jets run a lot of a "over" 4-3 front with 4 down linemen and hobson on the line playing head up on the TE and we still stink.

KC's defense is a lot better than ours. Dont even kid yourself. Jared Allen, Tamba Halli, Derreck Johnson, Napaoleon Harris, Law, and Surtain can replace all the players we have at their respective positions. The only players id keep on our defense is Rhodes and Revis, ill chuck everybody else away.

The Chiefs have talent on D, if you cant realize that then whatever.

I never called Herm great it's just funny how you guys are all still worried about Herm when he did a good job again last year and so far this year w/ a team in full rebuilding mode he has twice as many wins as we have even though we were picked by many to be a playoff team.

When did I ever make excuses about the team not being talented when Herm was here? i realize you don't have an argument(as usual) but please don't make things up.

Talent wise they have us beat at RB, other than that Bowe has had 1big game, let's not hand him the ROY trophy just yet, he's still nto as good as Coles or Cotch and KC has an old, declining TE, a young OL(Kyle Turley is starting at RT and when did casey wiegmann make a PB?)

Ty Law and Surtian were real good about 4-5 years ago(You shoudl watch players play and not rely on name recognition). Donnie edwards is average at this point, on D they have Allen and Derrick Johnson.

Do I think we'dbebetter of w/ Herm? That's not the question, the question is who's doing a better job right now and that's Herm. I still prefer Mangini but the facts are herm is doing agood job w/ a team w/o alot of talent.

They were almost shut out at home by the Jags butwe lost to Buf and blew 2 10 point leads in the 2nd half to the Giants.

Herm is destroying the 2nd talented team he inheritd? A) both the Jets and Chiefs got BETTER after Herm took over and B) Herm was not the Gm here and isn't in KC.

I honestly am not sure whihc is more comedic. Youre looking like such a fool for your blind defense of a known putz or the fact that you seem to not be able to remmeber your own arguement. But just for your benefit, I'll educate you once again there Mrs Edwards.

Your direct quote (and in case you arent sure what that means, it means YOU SAID IT), was that the Chiefs were "half as talented as the Jets. My answer to that assinine statement was to simply list the number of excellent players the Cheifs had. For examle, Larry Johnson, a bona fide superstar RB...we don't have that. Tony Gonzalez...still a pro bowl calibar TE despite your denegration of him...we dont have that either. Bowe and Kennison are a very nice tandem...are Coles and Cotch really TWICE as good? How about the D. Now I'll assume you havent exactly watched a plethora of Cheifs games either so I;ll let you assinine crack about Law and Surtain pass. But the fact is that Law and Surtain are still excellent players and Jared Allen is also...but the Jets secondary is TWICE as good? How about LB? Edawrds/Harris and Johnson are HALF as good as our guys? And their DLine wiht a guy like Hali is HALF as good as ours? See, when you make stupid, over the top, idiotic statements (as you are so prone to do) and then get called out on them, its not the best idea to try and change your arguement and hope no one notices.

So Mrs Edwards, why dont you just admit that you were wrong in your statement and we can all move on. Because saying the Cheifs were "half as talented as the Jets" is clearly NOT telling the "truth".

So Mrs Edwards, why dont you just admit that you were wrong in your statement and we can all move on. Because saying the Cheifs were "half as talented as the Jets" is clearly NOT telling the "truth".

I'm interested to hear Mrs. Edwards response, you just spun him/her in circles.

Nice ownage, Gold. :sign0098:

Don't hold your breath...he'll just use his usual "you make no arguement" or "I owned you" response. It's all he has when he knows he's been bitch slapped again. That or he throws out some stat he's manipulated.

Sad really....

Herm is NOT the GM, when will you guys understand that?

Herm is not the GM? He ran from here to go join his buddy Petersen. You know, the GM. He also made plenty of claims that the Chiefs "weren't broke" so he wasn't going to fix them. Guess this "rebuilding" is all going on behind his back? He must be pissed. Why don't you explain how smart he is for listening when the players revolted because he refused to pass the ball? I guess he was trying to get them fired up. After all, he is a master motivator.

In the off season nyjunc said that the Dolphins signing Joey Porter was a better move than the Pats signing Adalius Thomas.

I said that before Joey signed for $20 mil guaranteed b/c original reports had Porer signing for around $12 mil guaranteed. Either way both players are overpaid, Thomas is on pace for 1 1/2 sacks and Porter has been banged up and not done a thing so far.

In 04 we had a nose tackle (Jason Ferguson) and a dynamic pass rusher in John Abraham. Two ingredients we now lack. Dont tell me about the system, because if you watch our games, the Jets run a lot of a "over" 4-3 front with 4 down linemen and hobson on the line playing head up on the TE and we still stink.

KC's defense is a lot better than ours. Dont even kid yourself. Jared Allen, Tamba Halli, Derreck Johnson, Napaoleon Harris, Law, and Surtain can replace all the players we have at their respective positions. The only players id keep on our defense is Rhodes and Revis, ill chuck everybody else away.

The Chiefs have talent on D, if you cant realize that then whatever.

Abe was on the sidelines down the stretch and in postseason whnt he D nearly carried us to a Championship Game. The only guys on KCs D that are significant upgrades over their Jet counterparts are Allen and Johnson. Hali is still developing and it wuldn't be a big difference if we were playing the right system. Ellis was PBer in the 4-3 Robertson played like a PBer in the 4-3, Vilam was a PBer in the 4-3 and all 3 are lost in this system.

It's like arguing w/ a 12 year old.

Howis that bona fide supersar doingthis year? yes he is more talent than TJ and e TG is more talented than Baker but neither is great at this point, we have a better QB, our OLs are close and we have much better WRs. Our offensive talent destorys their offensive talent. defensively it's closer but we still have more talen, only Allen and maybe Johnson are a good deal better than their Jet counterpart. Law and Surtain were good 5 years ago, even law w/ his 10 picks for us didn't ahve a real good year- don't just look at stats.

I said TALENT WISE we are twice as good, we are playing th wrong system for our defensive talent. 80% of this D was top 5 3 years ago and almost carried us to a Chmpionship Game.

It's amazing how much talent the chiefs have now even as they have lost big time players the last few years and it's amazing how the jets WERE so talented under herm and nw are not. you make up more excuses than anyone I know. The facts ar Herm has made the postseason4 of 6 years w/ the only 2 non-playoff years being big injury years. He led both of his teams into the playoffs in year 1 when they hadn't mde it in 3 years. he is leading a rebuilding project and STILL has more wins than we do beating 2 better teams than the teamwe beat an we are healthy. i still love Eric but he's doing an awful job this year especially since we are healthy.

What exactly did he own?

Don't hold your breath...he'll just use his usual "you make no arguement" or "I owned you" response. It's all he has when he knows he's been bitch slapped again. That or he throws out some stat he's manipulated.

Sad really....

That is what you do!!!!! I show examples, you aretelling me how great their 40 year old players are when they haven't been very good in years!. They have some talent, not close to ours though. We havea significant advantage on O and if we played the right system on D we more talent on D and oh yeah that little STs thing we hav a significant edge in.

keep spinning and keep worrying about what Herm is doing and forget how bad we are.

Abe was on the sidelines down the stretch and in postseason whnt he D nearly carried us to a Championship Game. The only guys on KCs D that are significant upgrades over their Jet counterparts are Allen and Johnson. Hali is still developing and it wuldn't be a big difference if we were playing the right system. Ellis was PBer in the 4-3 Robertson played like a PBer in the 4-3, Vilam was a PBer in the 4-3 and all 3 are lost in this system.

What are you an agent? Vilma and Ellis are pro-bowlers in the 4-3? One trip as a backup in years of playing does not constitute being a "pro-bowler". Ellis is barely more than a starting caliber DE in any system. Oh, and while Abraham was "on the sidelines down the stretch" that season, he made the pro-bowl and your 4-3 superstar Ellis didn't.

DRob has had maybe a handful of games where he's looked like a pro-bowler in the entirety of his 4+ years in the NFL. He has never "played like a pro-bowler" for a season, otherwise he would have BEEN a pro-bowler. Keep in mind he has the considerable advantage of having been a high-profile name due to being taken #4 in the country. If he was that much better than all the other DT's, he'd have been in there.

Ellis had one season where he put up a really good sack total. And it was Hermie the genius that tried moving him to DT in the first place to be his Warren Sapp. Then DRob was going to be his Warren Sapp. If it was so easy to just plug some JAG in like that to get Sapp-like production, then no one would have heard of Warren Sapp.

Vilma blows. This puny man has been overrated, particularly by Jets fans, since he was drafted. And he went to one pro-bowl as a friggin' alternate b/c other(s) skipped the game & the AFC needed another warm body to put in there. So saying Vilma played like a pro-bowl LB in '05 is like saying Vince Young played like a pro-bowl QB in 2006 - not because of his great play, but rather because Tom Brady skipped the game. If Tom Brady doesn't stay home then suddenly Young is NOT a pro-bowler? How does Brady staying home reflect on Young's play all season long? It doesn't. Same with Vilma. He was not a pro-bowler. He went to the pro-bowl as an alternate backup. And he only made THAT because of one of the most useless stats in the NFL: # of tackles. If more of those tackles were made before the first-down marker he wouldn't have the need to make so many tackles in total b/c the defense would have been off the damn field. Further, Herm's typical "offense" was 3 & out'ing all season long. Defense on the field for more plays = more tackles for individual defenders. It may or may not coincide with a high playing level; it is not a representation of a high level of play though. Otherwise Erik Coleman deserved a pro-bowl nod that same year for leading all NFL DB's in tackles (in addition to his 2 picks & 7 PD's). Meanwhile we all know he mostly sucked ass that year.

Those 3 overrated clowns you mentioned have had a game here & a game there where they looked great. Yeah, well so did Kenton Keith this past Sunday in one isolated game. Doesn't make him a great player.

DRob has had maybe a handful of games where he's looked like a pro-bowler in the entirety of his 4+ years in the NFL. He has never "played like a pro-bowler" for a season, otherwise he would have BEEN a pro-bowler. Keep in mind he has the considerable advantage of having been a high-profile name due to being taken #4 in the country. If he was that much better than all the other DT's, he'd have been in there.

Ellis had one season where he put up a really good sack total. And it was Hermie the genius that tried moving him to DT in the first place to be his Warren Sapp. Then DRob was going to be his Warren Sapp. If it was so easy to just plug some JAG in like that to get Sapp-like production, then no one would have heard of Warren Sapp.

Vilma blows. This puny man has been overrated, particularly by Jets fans, since he was drafted. And he went to one pro-bowl as a friggin' alternate b/c other(s) skipped the game & the AFC needed another warm body to put in there. So saying Vilma played like a pro-bowl LB in '05 is like saying Vince Young played like a pro-bowl QB in 2006 - not because of his great play, but rather because Tom Brady skipped the game. If Tom Brady doesn't stay home then suddenly Young is NOT a pro-bowler? How does Brady staying home reflect on Young's play all season long? It doesn't. Same with Vilma. He was not a pro-bowler. He went to the pro-bowl as an alternate backup. And he only made THAT because of one of the most useless stats in the NFL: # of tackles. If more of those tackles were made before the first-down marker he wouldn't have the need to make so many tackles in total b/c the defense would have been off the damn field. Further, Herm's typical "offense" was 3 & out'ing all season long. Defense on the field for more plays = more tackles for individual defenders. It may or may not coincide with a high playing level; it is not a representation of a high level of play though. Otherwise Erik Coleman deserved a pro-bowl nod that same year for leading all NFL DB's in tackles (in addition to his 2 picks & 7 PD's). Meanwhile we all know he mostly sucked ass that year.

Those 3 overrated clowns you mentioned have had a game here & a game there where they looked great. Yeah, well so did Kenton Keith this past Sunday in one isolated game. Doesn't make him a great player.

Out of those 3 players I only want one of them to remain Jets next year and taht is D-Rob at 3-4 End, he really looks like he could excell there.

The other 2 are decent in a 4-3, nothing more, nothing less. In a 3-4 they flat out suck!!!!

Damn that Herm! he won another game, are the fans still in revolt when the team that was supposed to be 4-12 already has 3 wins?

KC is playing a hell of a lot better at 3-3 than I or anybody here thought they would. I'll give Herm the credit for that.

Damn that Herm! he won another game, are the fans still in revolt when the team that was supposed to be 4-12 already has 3 wins?

KC is playing a hell of a lot better at 3-3 than I or anybody here thought they would. I'll give Herm the credit for that.

Nothing on this planet inspires human beings more than the agate type on the Chiefs' website and media guide quite like "Quarterbacks Coach-DICK CURL".

Oh, yeah-the Chiefs are headed for greatness, if greatness consists of 7 to 9 wins and just barely making the playoffs . Which means Edwards wins enough games to stick around for another year. I'm sure as usual with every Edwards' victory, Coach Jerk Chicken is holding a personal Thanksgivintg Day Parade to celebrate, which means BET AGAINST THE CHIEFS NEXT WEEK.

Nothing on this planet inspires human beings more than the agate type on the Chiefs' website and media guide quite like "Quarterbacks Coach-DICK CURL".

Oh, yeah-the Chiefs are headed for greatness, if greatness consists of 7 to 9 wins and just barely making the playoffs . Which means Edwards wins enough games to stick around for another year. I'm sure as usual with every Edwards' victory, Coach Jerk Chicken is holding a personal Thanksgivintg Day Parade to celebrate, which means BET AGAINST THE CHIEFS NEXT WEEK.

I picked up the Chiefs Defense for fantasy. I think this team is the real deal. They are pretty good defensively, and on offense they seem to be picking up. They have weapons on both sides of the ball, and Herm's philosophy is pretty much guaranteed to prevent blowouts and being out of a game until the 4th quarter.

We are not beating the Chiefs this year unless something drastic changes.

I picked up the Chiefs Defense for fantasy. I think this team is the real deal. They are pretty good defensively, and on offense they seem to be picking up. They have weapons on both sides of the ball, and Herm's philosophy is pretty much guaranteed to prevent blowouts and being out of a game until the 4th quarter.

I do agree Herm seems to be the 7-9, 8-8 guy who never quite gets his team over the hump. He'll throw in a playoff or two, but his teams never go from avg to good or great.

But at the same time, Mangini and company are headed for 4-12 or worse season. And not one thing has improved on this team. In fact, it's gotten worse. So I really don't see how a team going 7-9 is worse than one going 4-12 with very little upside at this point.

No denying there's talent on defense. I'm kinda suspicous of anyone relying much on Law or Surtain(not that Pennington could take advatnage of that, if he's still playing in week 17), but their front 4 is tremendous. Hali and especially Allen are great.

Archived