"They Speak English In London?"

Matt39

It's sad, it truly is what some of our higher institutions are turning out...lucky for these kids, that sports is the number one thing on their mind.

On a side note, Mangini should perhaps rethink what a "Mangini type player" is...so far it ain't working. Let's get some football players in here and who cares if they don't know that the King's English is spoken in the homeland.

It's sad, it truly is what some of our higher institutions are turning out...lucky for these kids, that sports is the number one thing on their mind.

On a side note, Mangini should perhaps rethink what a "Mangini type player" is...so far it ain't working. Let's get some football players in here and who cares if they don't know that the King's English is spoken in the homeland.

I care!

oh yeah,, he's a gator.

Yeah he's a gaytor. A Ron Zook gaytor iirc, when the inmates were all running the asylum.

But Zook is doing better at his next HC gig and isnt making the same mistakes. Maybe one day mangini will be better at his next job, too.

I care!

I'm just saying...Belly boy crossed the line with a few questionable players and it's panning out for him. I don't want thugs, but who gives a **** if a guy can't count to 10 as long as he can play the game and help us win some games...we're not winning right now with "Mangini type guys".

well, gator fans are claiming he was just joking..that he's a prankster... that he was in the honor society in high school....

still, why the hell you you say that to perpetuate the belief that football players are stupid? oh yeah,, he's a gator.

I was watching PTI tonite and they were talking about him.

Kornheiser said that possibly he was just joking around. Lebartard who was filling

in and writes for the Miami Herald said that he knows Crowder and "take it from

me, he wasn't joking" sort of indicating that this guy is a dummy.

I was watching PTI tonite and they were talking about him.

Kornheiser said that possibly he was just joking around. Lebartard who was filling

in and writes for the Miami Herald said that he knows Crowder and "take it from

me, he wasn't joking" sort of indicating that this guy is a dummy.

He wasnt exactly a mensa candidate while at uf.

Channing Crowder and Steven Harris arrested

Football players charged with battery

ByJill MartinAlligator Staff Writer

Crowder Harris

Two UF football players have been charged for battery after an altercation outside a local nightclub hours after the Orange and Blue Game.

The State Attorney

Being able to play football is a far more useful skill than knowing where London is on a map or that they speak english. Can you locate Bangladesh on a map and tell us what the official language is there? Maybe you can, but there are plenty of people that wouldn't be able to tell you offhand. Is that another example of a failing education system, or is it just proof that there are many useless facts that don't really matter in life?

I can go up to a physics department full of geniuses and I guarantee someone there doesn't know a basic fact that the rest of us take for granted.

Playing football is a far more useful skill??? What about the guys who dont make it in pro football and are dummies their whole life??? What about people who dont have a useful skill like playing football?? Yeah, thats right, we pay for them.

This is an embarassment. Stop trying to justify it. It is an embarassment for our education system.. This guy went to college and doesnt know England speaks english...

How many other useless facts doesnt he know?? Like how to balance a checkbook. Or how to read and write. I bet ya there are lots of things he and other athletes didnt learn because they are athletes. This isnt a black or white thing. its a culture thing. And if you dont think this is a big deal then I feel very sorry for you and the USA.

Being able to play football is a far more useful skill than knowing where London is on a map or that they speak english. Can you locate Bangladesh on a map and tell us what the official language is there? Maybe you can, but there are plenty of people that wouldn't be able to tell you offhand. Is that another example of a failing education system, or is it just proof that there are many useless facts that don't really matter in life?

I can go up to a physics department full of geniuses and I guarantee someone there doesn't know a basic fact that the rest of us take for granted.

knowing where england is and that in england they speak english is not the same as knowing about bangladesh (and the fact that they speak bangali). Our country's history is tied to england for obvious reasons. What in gods name did he think they spoke in london? Yeah most of the really useful things i learned in my 30 years were learned outside of a classroom, but would you think basic us history and by extension basic knowledge of the outside world is useless? If somebody knows that little about the world, it is scary to think that they have the same entitlement and power as i do with regard to voting.

Be honest. You guys can't point out London probably even if the countries are marked. I can't point out Albany or Buffalo on a map without specifically looking for it and remembering it beforehand. The english thing maybe you can debate although I think that's still not really a bearing on intelligence, but I really am not buying that there are people walking around out there that can point out random cities in Europe. Greece was damn important in the history of the Western world, but I doubt anyone can point it out without the name and then show me where Athens, Sparta and other cities are.

I also think it's a terrible argument to equate balancing a checkbook to knowing a fact that just does not impact you in any way shape or form. People are just too quick to jump on others, especially athletes and miss teen USA contestants. Yeah they're probably not the brightest tools in the shed but the criticism is rather unwarranted. It doesn't personally affect me so frankly I don't care how badly you guys tear into this guy, but I do think it is silly to think this is proof he'd be a terrible football player. Dan Marino and VY had terrible Wunderlich scores, which basically ask questions like this, but I would prefer having them at QB over any of our current options.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20071026/tuk-nfl-star-they-speak-english-in-londo-45dbed5.html

SkyNews - Friday, October 26 11:56 am

Miami Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder has admitted not knowing people speak English in London.

The NFL player might want to check a map before he gets on board a plane for Sunday's prestige game against the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium.

Crowder, who comes from Atlanta in Georgia, may be praised on the field, but confessed geography was not his strong point.

He admitted he did not know until now where London was - or that Londoners spoke English.

"I couldn't find London on a map if they didn't have the names of the countries," he said.

"I swear to God. I don't know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that."

Crowder added: "I know (Washington Redskins linebacker) London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him.

"That's the closest thing I know to London. He's black, so I'm sure he's not from London. I'm sure that's a coincidental name."

The Miami Dolphins are play the New York Giants at Wembley this Sunday in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States.

Oh dear.

Be honest. You guys can't point out London probably even if the countries are marked. I can't point out Albany or Buffalo on a map without specifically looking for it and remembering it beforehand. The english thing maybe you can debate although I think that's still not really a bearing on intelligence, but I really am not buying that there are people walking around out there that can point out random cities in Europe. Greece was damn important in the history of the Western world, but I doubt anyone can point it out without the name and then show me where Athens, Sparta and other cities are.

I also think it's a terrible argument to equate balancing a checkbook to knowing a fact that just does not impact you in any way shape or form. People are just too quick to jump on others, especially athletes and miss teen USA contestants. Yeah they're probably not the brightest tools in the shed but the criticism is rather unwarranted. It doesn't personally affect me so frankly I don't care how badly you guys tear into this guy, but I do think it is silly to think this is proof he'd be a terrible football player. Dan Marino and VY had terrible Wunderlich scores, which basically ask questions like this, but I would prefer having them at QB over any of our current options.

You do know that this country was founded by english colonists right? And so we speak ENGLISH because our country was an ENGLISH colony of ENGLAND. So any American who doesn't know that we speak the native tongue of England is just about as dumb as a bag of broken bricks. And just to flex my education in "meaningless" stuff, the reason they speak spanish in mexico and south america is not because the indians(yeah south american had indians, its why people in spain are white and people in latin america are not) there just came up with the same language as the european country of spain, but because spanish explorers and missionaries set up in latin and south america. Well, except for brazil of course which speaks portuguese because.....well, do i really need to explain?

LOL, anyone who doesn't know that they speak english in london truely is a dumbbell, there is no way around that.

Archived