For all you "die hard" fans

4HCrew

how many of you are going on Sunday?? I know you there will be several stories of family plans, walking the dog, not worth it, too cold so lets hear from who is actually making the trek to the ghost town known as the meadowlands. Sometimes it is games like these I enjoy the most, seeing good friends having some beverages and enjoying ample space in my row as it will be basically empty.

And for those that are going feel free to stop by 5H for one of Cant Hacketts famous jello shots!

how many of you are going on Sunday?? I know you there will be several stories of family plans, walking the dog, not worth it, too cold so lets hear from who is actually making the trek to the ghost town known as the meadowlands. Sometimes it is games like these I enjoy the most, seeing good friends having some beverages and enjoying ample space in my row as it will be basically empty.

And for those that are going feel free to stop by 5H for one of Cant Hacketts famous jello shots!

I

I'm goin' with a contingent of family. At least we get to curse out herman Edwards.

To all you sharp media types who tell us that Jets fans are bad fans and Giants fans are the best, explain this-

Giants give fans a big boo for selling tix

BY RALPH VACCHIANO

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, December 27th 2007, 4:00 AM

amd_giantsa.jpg Stewart/Getty Brandon Jacobs and the Giants went 7-1 on the road, but are only 3-4 at home.

The Giants aren't thrilled that their fans are bailing on them this week, selling out to Patriots fans desperate to witness history.

But they aren't surprised.

"That's probably one of the reasons why we are better on the road than we are at home," said running back Brandon Jacobs. "If it is that way and they got more fans, then so be it. It could work out to our advantage."

It's unclear how many Patriots fans will be able to get their hands on tickets for Saturday night's game, but the Daily News reported Wednesday that there were more than 150 tickets available on StubHub for upwards of $1,000. On Wednesday there were no tickets available on the Giants' online TicketExchange, where season-ticket holders can sell their seats to fans on the waiting list at a controlled price.

But there were hundreds of tickets available on eBay, where prices were out of control. Many sellers were asking for more than $1,000. Some were asking for as much as $3,000 per ticket. One seller was asking for $25,000 for four tickets in Section 135 and a parking pass.

The average face value for a ticket at Giants Stadium is $83.50.

The Patriots are trying to become the first team in NFL history to go 16-0 in the regular season. The skyrocketing prices were probably helped by the fact that the game was only scheduled to be broadcast nationally on the NFL Network, which is still unavailable on most cable systems. But the NFL announced Wednesday that it reached an agreement that will allow the game to be aired in a simulcast on both CBS and NBC.

The game is mostly meaningless to the Giants, who have locked up a first-round game against Tampa Bay. And Giants fans traditionally have not come out in force for night games anyway (kickoff against the Patriots is 8:15 p.m.). Giants Stadium was about half full for their last night game - a loss to the Redskins on Dec. 16 - even though the Giants had a chance to clinch a playoff berth with a win.

Of course, it's not hard to see why Giants fans would want to skip the game. Their team has a 6-9 home record over the last two seasons. In the same stretch, they have gone 12-4 on the road (7-1 this season). The Giants have lost their last three home games, and seven straight in the second halves of the last two years.

Most Giants chose to steer clear of the ticket talk on Wednesday. But none were excited about the prospect of their own stadium being filled with fans of the other team. Defensive end Justin Tuck even pleaded with fans, saying, "Don't sell your tickets."

"I don't agree with it," Tuck said. "This is Giants Stadium and I don't want to see a whole lot of Patriots fans at Giants Stadium."

I'm donating an 18 pack of Bud Light to the 5H crew. I need to train you folks on the proper execution of a shotgun beer. :)

Oh thank you master .... please teach me how to drink. Iam so afraid I have been doing it wrong all these years!!!! I will be there bright and early!!! Everyone is welcome to stop over for a drink or a burger!

I will be there with the other faithful why not? What a way to start off the New Years party weekend. Win or lose it dont matter 3-13 or 4-12.I hope to run into a few of you.Dont forget to check out the concession stands as usually everything is 50% off with a season like this one.

Go Jets!!!!

It's a 4 o'clock game of course I will be there before noon. Sheesh, kids today.

I'll give you a call when I get there.

Dude, I'm not saying I won't be there until Noon. That's the 5H crew that isn't there until Noon. I will be there bright and early at 9am.

Teach us how to shotgun beers? would that not require you to at least drink at the tailgate? I think you are all gooned up already..amateurs

We're gonna do shotguns my way! you guys spilled half the frickin can when you were butchering them in Miami(beer squirting everywhere, including my face). you should make a precise piercing of the can on the bottom edge of the can. not on the side! :rolleyes:

Whirlpool action will be the next term I'll teach you. the gooned up part you already know. :)

Archived