Kellen Clemens- Interesting read

Kentucky Jet

His first task was overpowering the forceful defense of the Baltimore Ravens, a team Jets fans have witnessed Chad struggle against repeatedly over the past few years.

Worst. Article. Ever!!!

Seriously, did Barton write this or something?? It's as biased a thing you could ever read.:roll:

LOL!!!

I just looked it up myself. Chad has never faced the Ravens in his entire career, except from the sideline.

I think he has only played against them in the preseason....Briefly of course, but I guess that counts for the author's purposes.

It's an opinion article, what do you people expect?

Regardless, I thought Clemens played pretty well, the opposite i thought of chad this season.

It's not his opinion that's in question, it's some of the false facts he wrote...and Clemens played well? When? If he had played well, there wouldn't be any QB competition heading into next season. Mangini would have announced that Clemens was the starter just like he did with Pennington before last season.

It's an opinion article, what do you people expect?

Regardless, I thought Clemens played pretty well, the opposite i thought of chad this season.

Kellen played well in very small stretches and was putrid the remainder of the time but still deserves 2008 if our FO and others thought so much of him in the draft.

7 or so games behind a bad line is not enough of a sample to make a decision on him.

Give the KID a chance and an O-line and he will suprise you all, This KID will be good and

he is light years ahead of chad in all phases of the game imo,except for

game management of course ,Chad is the ultimate game manager ,but thats all I will give

him.Besides that Chad Blows and I'm glad we have the KID at the helm.

Mike, do you remember a few years back when posters balked about building a team around Chad? Now, we want to build a team around Clemens...they both blow...mark it down...you'll see.

Mike, do you remember a few years back when posters balked about building a team around Chad? Now, we want to build a team around Clemens...they both blow...mark it down...you'll see.

I think that's the problem. Don't build a team around either of them. Just build a ****ing team. If either of them are any good when we have one fine, if not, go get one. Sign some putz like Garcia, and go from there.

Give the KID a chance and an O-line and he will suprise you all, This KID will be good and

he is light years ahead of chad in all phases of the game imo,except for

game management of course ,Chad is the ultimate game manager ,but thats all I will give

him.Besides that Chad Blows and I'm glad we have the KID at the helm.

Why give him a chance? I demand instant gratification. I expect a passer rating of 100+ from a first year starting QB. I don't care how bad the o-line was or how many drops the receivers had. :P

Why, if I was running the Cowboys during Tony Romo's first three years when he didn't show enough to even get any playing time, I would have cut him. Move on. Draft a big time college clown QB in the first round, give him a big contract, ignore other needs, and then we at least have a one in three chance he will eventually succeed in the NFL. :P Yes siree, that's how you do it.

Why give him a chance? I demand instant gratification. I expect a passer rating of 100+ from a first year starting QB. I don't care how bad the o-line was or how many drops the receivers had. :P

Why, if I was running the Cowboys during Tony Romo's first three years when he didn't show enough to even get any playing time, I would have cut him. Move on. Draft a big time college clown QB in the first round, give him a big contract, ignore other needs, and then we at least have a one in three chance he will eventually succeed in the NFL. :P Yes siree, that's how you do it.

You're taking it to the extremes...since you brought up his passer rating, it's barely on the charts. Sometimes you just have a feeling about a player and for me personally, I never had a feel for Chad or Kellen...maybe I'm wrong...we'll see soon enough.

You're taking it to the extremes...since you brought up his passer rating, it's barely on the charts. Sometimes you just have a feeling about a player and for me personally, I never had a feel for Chad or Kellen...maybe I'm wrong...we'll see soon enough.

My scarcasm knows no boundaries. :)

Yes, we shall see. You are on the fortunate side of this issue. If you are wrong, we have a genuine QB. If I am wrong, we don't have a QB and I was wrong. Double jeopardy. :)

LOL Good one DM :)

Sure I believe Clemens should be given a chance. However, he also has shown me absolutely nothing thus far to be confident that he is the guy. This is exactly why people clung so stubbornly to Chad, and I could understand where they were coming from.

Kellen played well in very small stretches and was putrid the remainder of the time but still deserves 2008 if our FO and others thought so much of him in the draft.

7 or so games behind a bad line is not enough of a sample to make a decision on him.

I thought he played pretty well the whole time. He had a couple rough spots, but considering the dropped passes and horrid oline, he played well in my opinion.

It's not his opinion that's in question, it's some of the false facts he wrote...and Clemens played well? When? If he had played well, there wouldn't be any QB competition heading into next season. Mangini would have announced that Clemens was the starter just like he did with Pennington before last season.

I disagree with all of that. It was an opinion article and i don't think the facts were that messed up. I thought he did play well for the most part and as of right now chad is on the team, and if i were a coach i would always say there is competition at every position.

Not that I come close to a NFL caliber QB or even a major D1 prospect, but I played the posistion in college and got my shot due to injury and then was awarded the job the next season before I myself went down to injury. Getting snaps in practice and even running through offense with the first team does not nearly prepare you for game speed and blitzes. I mechanics were always good in practice, but I made silly mistakes like throwing off my back foot and holding onto the ball to long because things were happening so fast.

Kellen wasnt awful this year at all, but neither stood out as our #1 for 2008. I think he is worthy enough for be our #1 in 2008, but it looks like he will have to beat out Chad to have that opportunity. I still believe Kellen will eventually be out starting qb for the future, but it may take more time then expected.

Not that I come close to a NFL caliber QB or even a major D1 prospect, but I played the posistion in college and got my shot due to injury and then was awarded the job the next season before I myself went down to injury. Getting snaps in practice and even running through offense with the first team does not nearly prepare you for game speed and blitzes. I mechanics were always good in practice, but I made silly mistakes like throwing off my back foot and holding onto the ball to long because things were happening so fast.

Kellen wasnt awful this year at all, but neither stood out as our #1 for 2008. I think he is worthy enough for be our #1 in 2008, but it looks like he will have to beat out Chad to have that opportunity. I still believe Kellen will eventually be out starting qb for the future, but it may take more time then expected.

Well said, and that is all most of us Clemens non-bashers are saying. I am not guaranteeing that Clemens is the answer. Only that everything considered, the Jets should stick with him for at least one more year before investing in someone else.

No one could be expected to succeed behind a line that can neither pass block or run block. We also found out that Thomas Jones is incapable of blocking for himself while running for positive yardage.

Another about Jones. I wonder if he really likes lining up 15 yards behind the LOS when they are in the I formation. What is Shotty thinking?

Archived