If the Colts Can't Stop the Chargers Backup Offense...

The Troll

I agree Troll, and I don't quite understand why everyone liked the Colts so much now. People hate Brady and the Pats because they win and allegedly get calls from the refs, you are telling me the Colts aren't fan favorites for the exact same thing?

I lived in San Diego so it's probably no surprise that I'm a big Chargers fan. I don't expect them to win but I would love it if they did next week. I dislike the Pats not because they win, but because I hate Boston and everything in it, and I think they all act like douches. But people say the same thing about the Chargers so I'm sure the Patsies feel the same way about San Diego.

I agree Troll, and I don't quite understand why everyone liked the Colts so much now. People hate Brady and the Pats because they win and allegedly get calls from the refs, you are telling me the Colts aren't fan favorites for the exact same thing?

I lived in San Diego so it's probably no surprise that I'm a big Chargers fan. I don't expect them to win but I would love it if they did next week. I dislike the Pats not because they win, but because I hate Boston and everything in it, and I think they all act like douches. But people say the same thing about the Chargers so I'm sure the Patsies feel the same way about San Diego.

I thought the Colts stood a better chance against New England. That's why I was rooting for them in my sleep for the first three quarters. However, once I woke up and turned the game on, I couldn't help rooting for San Diego. I can't root against my heart, and my heart contains nothing but contempt for the Colts. I will not allow the Patriots to control who I root for. **** the Colts and **** the Pats. At least one of the evils is gone home crying. It's up to the Chargers to send the other into minicamp next Sunday.

Thor, you are a douche, and on top of that you are gay (just like everyone else in Boston).

For evidence on the latter point, I introduce your JN mod status! Just try disputing that one buddy.

See, that's better. You singled someone out (me), and then made your claim. While it may be possible that I am indeed a douche, your theory holds no water. I'm not in Boston, nor have I ever lived there. As far as being gay, I can't argue that.

You have to live in boston to really understand the winfed sense of entitlement everyone has. You cheer for a different team some girl or guy would be like "Oh i thought we were in boston, why are u cheering for a different team" and then when you ask them a single thing about the team or anything else involving football they respong with who's undefeated and who won the world series.

It doesn't help that it's a huge college town and adopts thousands of kids every year who don't watch sports and just root for the team in their city, it takes away from the fans who actually know about the sport. Not too mention everyone is a celtics fan now; I've seen celtics apparel multiply by 5+ since they started winning this year. Perhaps all the old fans just started to buy new things? highly unlikely.

The thing that bugs me is this; sox fans used to be loveable because they were the bitter fans who never could win and were the loveable losers. Now what happens if the pats and sox don't win again, imagine how insanely obnoxious it's going to be, especially when you'll hear well when did your team win 3 superbowls blah blah.

As far as sports goes, i'd live in brooklyn any day of the week and twice on sundays compared to boston.

Brooklyn is full of kind, law abiding citizens. I know.
iNDEED, it is.

Dungy is Herm with a Lombardi, a Lombardi he only has becuase in last year's AFC title game, Manning and Moore ditched his moronic game plan. And he met Rex Grossman in the Super Bowl.And as we know Dungy and Herma ct like their time in Tampa won a shelf of Lombardis rather than having that Keyshawn/Sapp team quit on him in a playoff game vs. the Eagles. I'm so tired of the national media polishing this ZERO'S knob. He's a nice man(or so we're told).Returning Peter King's calls apparently is his true big strength. But as he taught his acolyte Herm, access to the press equals good press.

Simply this man's defense-his supposed strength-has shat the bed in damn near every big game he has ever coached. He got his trophy last year only because Manning and Moore pretty much ignored him and the Pats made some mistakes. he's never really stopped anyone. He had 2 weeks to get ready, and yet they couldn't stop Billy Volek and Michael Bennett. Heck, best I can tell, Dungy decided not to wait for the end of the season and retired just before the Titans game in week 17.

A FRAUD, A JOKE, AND EMBARRASSMENT. Manning as we speak is trying to get his pathetic cliche-spouting gay-bashing coach fired.And he's right to do so. How many more seasons is Manning gonna be wasted with this moron running the show into the ground?

If Dungy doesn't retire, trade the Jets' draft for Manning.

iNDEED, it is.

Dungy is Herm with a Lombardi, a Lombardi he only has becuase in last year's AFC title game, Manning and Moore ditched his moronic game plan. And he met Rex Grossman in the Super Bowl.And as we know Dungy and Herma ct like their time in Tampa won a shelf of Lombardis ratehr tha having that Keyshawn/Sapp team quit on him in a playoff game vs. the Eagles. I'm so tired of the national media polishing this ZERO'S knob. He's a nice man(or so we're told).Returning Peter King's calls apparently is his true big strength. But as he taught his acolyte Herm, access to the press equals good press.

Simply this man's defense-his supposed strength-has shat the bed in damn near every big game he has ever coached. He got his trophy last year only because Manning and Moore pretty much ignored him and the Pats made some msitakes. he's never really stopped anyone. He had 2 weeks to get ready, and yet they couldn't stop Billy Volek and Michael Bennett. Heck, best I can tell, Dungy decided not to wait for the end of the season and retired just before the Titans game in week 17.

A FRAUD, A JOKE, AND EMBARRASSMENT. Manning as we speak is trying to get his pathetic clich-spouting gay-bashing coach fired.And he's righ to do so. How mnay more seasons is Manning gonna be wasted with this moron running the show into the ground?

I couldn't have said it better myself. Great post Bugg.

iNDEED, it is.

Dungy is Herm with a Lombardi, a Lombardi he only has becuase in last year's AFC title game, Manning and Moore ditched his moronic game plan. And he met Rex Grossman in the Super Bowl.And as we know Dungy and Herma ct like their time in Tampa won a shelf of Lombardis ratehr tha having that Keyshawn/Sapp team quit on him in a playoff game vs. the Eagles. I'm so tired of the national media polishing this ZERO'S knob. He's a nice man(or so we're told).Returning Peter King's calls apparently is his true big strength. But as he taught his acolyte Herm, access to the press equals good press.

Simply this man's defense-his supposed strength-has shat the bed in damn near every big game he has ever coached. He got his trophy last year only because Manning and Moore pretty much ignored him and the Pats made some msitakes. he's never really stopped anyone. He had 2 weeks to get ready, and yet they couldn't stop Billy Volek and Michael Bennett. Heck, best I can tell, Dungy decided not to wait for the end of the season and retired just before the Titans game in week 17.

A FRAUD, A JOKE, AND EMBARRASSMENT. Manning as we speak is trying to get his pathetic clich-spouting gay-bashing coach fired.And he's righ to do so. How mnay more seasons is Manning gonna be wasted with this moron running the show into the ground?

potw nom.

finally someone else sees that Dungy isnt all that and a bag of chips.

dungy is retiring he is done

please hermie will nevah be in the same class as dungy as this dipstick will

nevah see a SB trophy, unless he is visiting Canton

Dungy's gameplan sucked 2day no doubt about it

is he a great coach...no way

a good coach yes

dungy is retiring he is done

please hermie will nevah be in the same class as dungy as this dipstick will

nevah see a SB trophy, unless he is visiting Canton

Dungy's gameplan sucked 2day no doubt about it

is he a great coach...no way

a good coach yes

He's not even a good coach. He was (and I think past tense is appropriate)lucky to have HoF QB who took advatange of the pats crapping the bed when-once again-Dungy's game plan sucked.

I'm dead serious-if they Colts are keeping Dungy, we have to inquire about Manning.Though I think it's a given, whetehr Dungy leaves on his own or is pushed, today was Dungy's last day.

He's not even a good coach. He was (and I think past tense is appropriate)lucky to have HoF QB who took advatange of the pats crapping the bed when-once again-Dungy's game plan sucked.

I'm dead serious-if they Colts are keeping Dungy, we have to inquire about Manning.Though I think it's a given, whetehr Dungy leaves on his own or is pushed, today was Dungy's last day.

OK what is your opinion of Don Shula...great coach, good coach , avg coach

or ****ty coach

he could not win with HOF QB with marino

Wherever Dungy has been TB or Indy, his teams have been very good

there are so many crappy coaches out there and as jests fans we have had

our fair share of crap on a stick.

just my opinion though

I think Dungy is a good coach. He turned Tampa into a consistent playoff team instead of being a consistent laughing stock. However like Marty, he is a bad bad playoff coach.

With Tampa, they should have at least made a super bowl or two. With this Colts team they should have been in more than one super bowl and maybe have more than only one ring.

When LT misses most of the game, when Gates is basically a non factor, when a backup QB who has barely played in his career beats you in the 4th quarter , something is wrong.

Add to the fact that Manning throws for 400+ yards and you still lose, something is wrong.

Manning is a guy who seems to choke in the playoffs at times, but today it was more about a defense allowing the backup Chargers offense run right through them. When you are supposed to be a Defensive Guru and your defense sucks every year, something is wrong. As much as people bragged about that defense in last years playoffs, They still gave up 34 Points to the Patriots. 34 Points is not a good defensive effort. NOt even close.

All I know is Dungy left, Gruden came in and won a super bowl with almost the same team.

People always kill Marty Schott for choking in the playoff. Yet I've rarely heard anybody say the same thing about Dungy. Except for last year where Manning took that Championship game over in the second half, Dungy has been just as bad a playoff coach as Marty, if not worse.

Good regular season coach, horrible playoff coach.

OK what is your opinion of Don Shula...great coach, good coach , avg coach

or ****ty coach

he could not win with HOF QB with marino

Wherever Dungy has been TB or Indy, his teams have been very good

there are so many crappy coaches out there and as jests fans we have had

our fair share of crap on a stick.

just my opinion though

Shula had a great run. But he always had a problematic relationship with great QBS. See Unitas, John.

As PJ points out, 34 points to the pats pretty much sucked defensively; the Pats would've (and may be should have) won spare Manning playing great.

In the playoffs, Dungy is freaking poison.

Shula had a great run. But he always had a problematic relationship with great QBS. See Unitas, John.

As PJ points out, 34 points to the pats pretty much sucked defensively; the Pats would've (and may be should have) won spare Manning playing great.

In the playoffs, Dungy is freaking poison.

i concur with that..... he will not make HOF

but if you look at all the coaches that have gone thru, you have to give him some credit too

People always kill Marty Schott for choking in the playoff. Yet I've rarely heard anybody say the same thing about Dungy. Except for last year where Manning took that Championship game over in the second half, Dungy has been just as bad a playoff coach as Marty, if not worse.

Good regular season coach, horrible playoff coach.

I would take Marty over Dungy any day of the week.

I would take Marty over Dungy any day of the week.

You would take a guy who could never win in the playoffs over a coach who has won a Super Bowl and brought the Tampa Bay Bucs out of NFL Siberia? WTF?

It is no coincidence that the year the Chargers fire Marty is the year they upset Peyton Manning and the Colts on the road in the playoffs. If Marty was on the sidelines for SD today we'd be talking Colts-Pats re-match next Sunday.

Marty-ball does not work in the playoffs. You get your points in the playoffs thru the air and Marty could never figure that one out.

You would take a guy who could never win in the playoffs over a coach who has won a Super Bowl and brought the Tampa Bay Bucs out of NFL Siberia? WTF?

It is no coincidence that the year the Chargers fire Marty is the year they upset Peyton Manning and the Colts on the road in the playoffs. If Marty was on the sidelines for SD today we'd be talking Colts-Pats re-match next Sunday.

Marty-ball does not work in the playoffs. You get your points in the playoffs thru the air and Marty could never figure that one out.

I sure would. IMO Dungy is the most overrated Coach in the history of the NFL.

I sure would. IMO Dungy is the most overrated Coach in the history of the NFL.
Hard to argue with. Again, he had the Bucs team quit on him in a playoff game in Philly the year he was fired. Even last year, it took a bizarre 2nd half by the Pats and an historic half by Manning to get past the Pats.He gets some gold star for beating Rex Grossman?

Hard to argue with. Again, he had the Bucs team quit on him in a playoff game in Philly the year he was fired. Even last year, it took a bizarre 2nd half by the Pats and an historic half by Manning to get past the Pats.He gets some gold star for beating Rex Grossman?

Did you even watch the NFL prior to 1997? The Tampa Bay Bucs were an absolute joke before Dungy got there. NFL Siberia. He made the Bucs into a competitive team that made the playoffs. I know Gruden won the Super Bowl with them but Dungy built that team.

Want to give Manning credit for beating the Pats fine but Dungy was right there next to him on the sidelines.

This is a case of the Herm Edwards hatred is spilling over to Dungy.

Did you even watch the NFL prior to 1997? The Tampa Bay Bucs were an absolute joke before Dungy got there. NFL Siberia. He made the Bucs into a competitive team that made the playoffs. I know Gruden won the Super Bowl with them but Dungy built that team.

Want to give Manning credit for beating the Pats fine but Dungy was right there next to him on the sidelines.

And sicne they were a total joke and drafted at the top of the draft for years, shouldn't they have had superior talent? isn't that exactly th way the NFL set it up? Did Rich mckay, his GM in Tampa, have something to do with it? I'm willing to grant you-the guy has had some success with a low risk protect the ball offense(which he's never been allowed to put in place in Indy) and his bend don't break Cover 2. But it happened again today-in a big games, his defense, his suppsoed forte,totally sucked in a big spot. He has zero to do with the offense; that's all Tom Moore and Manning. 28 points to a Bolts offense with no LT for 3 quarters, Rivers for a half and Gates hobbling. That blows. What the eff did he do for the last 2 weeks?

And sicne they were a total joke and drafted at the top of the draft for years, shouldn't they have had superior talent? isn't that exactly th way the NFL set it up? Did Rich mckay, his GM in Tampa, have something to do with it? I'm willing to grant you-the guy has had some success with a low risk protect the ball offense(which he's never been allowed to put in place in Indy) and his bend don't break Cover 2. But it happened again today-in a big games, his defense, his suppsoed forte,totally sucked in a big spot. He has zero to do with the offense; that's all Tom Moore and Manning. 28 points to a Bolts offense with no LT for 3 quarters, Rivers for a half and Gates hobbling. That blows. What the eff did he do for the last 2 weeks?

The Bucs were an absolute horror show pre-Tony Dungy. You're making it sound like he had a cush job in Tampa turning around a franchise that was the laughing stock of pro sports. I guess Parcells doesn't deserve any credit for what he did in 1997 ether b/c the Jets had high draft picks for all those years prior to him coming here. Want to give McKay credit that's great but the frickin Head Coach there deserves credit too.

As for week 17 I don't understand the logic of playing all your starters just to keep jetnation.com nemesis Vince Young out of the playoffs. The team already lost Dwight Freeney for the year during the regular season plus Marvin Harrison was basically injured all season too.

You want to kill him for losing today's game fine but the Chargers are simply a good football team that played a hell of a game today. Chargers won that game in the trenches with a better O-line and front 7 on defense. Shawn Merriman or Gary Brackett? Who would you rather have?

I get that you hate Herm Edwards. Me too but freakin relax already. Dungy won a ring. Case closed.

You sort of defeated your own argument. You say "Yeah Gruden won the Super Bowl with Dungy's talent" yet at the same time say Turner is winning in San Diego with um... yeah Marty's talent. But a lot of that credit goes both to the GM's of the Bucs and Chargers.

And it's not like Marty has never won a playoff game. He's like 5-14 or something. So he did win 5 playoff games and lost some crazy games against the Broncos and Elway.

Marty won in the 80's with Cleveland. He won in the 90's with Kansas City. He won in the 00's with San Diego. Yeah he is a bad playoff coach, but saying Dungy is a good playoff coach is kind of a joke.

How many times has he been one and done in the playoffs with a superior team? Sorry but todays loss has a lot to do with him as well as with the players.

Like I said, Dungy is a great regular season coach. He's not a good playoff coach..

I mean lets see here. 2 losses at home in their only playoff game 2 out of the last 3 seasons. A 41-0 loss against the Jets a few seasons back.

When your QB has to throw for 400+ yards and 4 TDs just to have a chance to win a game, you are not doing a good job coaching. Especially considering the defense never bothered to pressure a backup QB.

The Bucs were an absolute horror show pre-Tony Dungy. You're making it sound like he had a cush job in Tampa turning around a franchise that was the laughing stock of pro sports. I guess Parcells doesn't deserve any credit for what he did in 1997 ether b/c the Jets had high draft picks for all those years prior to him coming here. Want to give McKay credit that's great but the frickin Head Coach there deserves credit too.

As for week 17 I don't understand the logic of playing all your starters just to keep jetnation.com nemesis Vince Young out of the playoffs. The team already lost Dwight Freeney for the year during the regular season plus Marvin Harrison was basically injured all season too.

You want to kill him for losing today's game fine but the Chargers are simply a good football team that played a hell of a game today. Chargers won that game in the trenches with a better O-line and front 7 on defense. Shawn Merriman or Gary Brackett? Who would you rather have?

I get that you hate Herm Edwards. Me too but freakin relax already. Dungy won a ring. Case closed.

Tony Dungy never won anything in Tampa. He started someone named Shawn King over Trent Dilfer in an NFC title game. Granted, he deserves credit for turning around Tampa, but this idea that he was Lombardi without the Lombardis down there is laughable, and his one real Lombardi has much more to do with Peyton Manning than his brilliant defensive scheme. And Barry Switzer has a ring; does that make him Dungy's equal? That's an argument I'm not making, but one that your logic would seem to confer some credit.

You sort of defeated your own argument. You say "Yeah Gruden won the Super Bowl with Dungy's talent" yet at the same time say Turner is winning in San Diego with um... yeah Marty's talent. But a lot of that credit goes both to the GM's of the Bucs and Chargers.

And it's not like Marty has never won a playoff game. He's like 5-14 or something. So he did win 5 playoff games and lost some crazy games against the Broncos and Elway.

Marty won in the 80's with Cleveland. He won in the 90's with Kansas City. He won in the 00's with San Diego. Yeah he is a bad playoff coach, but saying Dungy is a good playoff coach is kind of a joke.

How many times has he been one and done in the playoffs with a superior team? Sorry but todays loss has a lot to do with him as well as with the players.

Like I said, Dungy is a great regular season coach. He's not a good playoff coach..

I mean lets see here. 2 losses at home in their only playoff game 2 out of the last 3 seasons. A 41-0 loss against the Jets a few seasons back.

When your QB has to throw for 400+ yards and 4 TDs just to have a chance to win a game, you are not doing a good job coaching. Especially considering the defense never bothered to pressure a backup QB.

Ok Great. Marty won a playoff game 20 years ago. Since then he lost to an inferior Jets team at home and then lost last year to the Pats at home. Next season his team without him wins an upset on the road in the playoffs.

When did I say Dungy is a good playoff coach? All I said was that he wasn't the most overrated coach of all time and simply restated the fact that the man won a Super Bowl. I also stated that he pulled an entire franchise out of obscurity. Another fact.

All you Dungy bashers have 1 of 2 agendas if not both. 1) Herm Edwards hatred just spilling over to his mentor who happens to be a better coach. 2) You don't want to give the Chargers credit for winning today's game. Rivers was absolutely fabulous and the Chargers won the game in the trenches on both offense and defense.

Playing the starters in last week's game would not have changed the outcome of today's game. SD owns the Colts. They beat them in the regular season for Pete's sake. Give them some credit.

Archived