Patriots cheated in 2004 AFC Championship Game - NFL Network

No, whats really pathetic is that people like you think the Jets are above it all.

If it ever came out that the Jets taped signals it would make you a hypocrite. Of course the Jets taped too. Belichick just isnt talking. He doesnt want to be a RAT like Mangini.

No, YOU think the Patriots are above the law. You make assumptions in nearly every single one of your posts, but none of them really have any merit. The Jets have not been accused of cheating so it's obvious you don't have an argument and want to try to make something up to look good.

You're totally right. Mangini is such a rat. He should've let the Pats keep cheating when he was going to play them 2 times each year. Smart move.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how's this for some news? The Steelers of all people defending the Patriots.

Later Thursday, the Steelers released a statement that read: "We consider the tapes of our coaching staff during our games against the New England Patriots to be a non-issue. In our opinion, they had no impact on the results of those games. The Steelers fully support the manner in which Commissioner Goodell handled the situation and the discipline that he levied against those who violated league rules. We are confident that the Commissioner has taken appropriate action in his investigation of this matter, and will do so again if new information arises which requires further investigation and or discipline."

Because it's in the league's best interest that this goes away. No one in the NFL wants a scandal because it will affect EVERYONE.

Because it's in the league's best interest that this goes away. No one in the NFL wants a scandal because it will affect EVERYONE.

If that were the case then why didn't someone shove another donut in Mangini's mouth when he opened it instead of letting him speak?

No, YOU think the Patriots are above the law. You make assumptions in nearly every single one of your posts, but none of them really have any merit. The Jets have not been accused of cheating so it's obvious you don't have an argument and want to try to make something up to look good.

You're totally right. Mangini is such a rat. He should've let the Pats keep cheating when he was going to play them 2 times each year. Smart move.

Are you that naive to think that the Jets dont cheat too? Puhhhleeeaase.

They tampered with Bill Parcells - Fact. They signed Curtis Martin to a contract that is now illegal in the NFL - Fact. They have been accused of tampering with Deon Branch while still under contract with NE - Fact. Tampering is so hard to prove but its goes on every off season.

Its rumored that Mangini approached Saban with material he collected to use against NE. Ist rumored Saban went straight to Belichik and alerted him to what Mangini was up to.

Damn, I wish the whole truth would come out. The only way it will is if Belichcik talks.

They tampered with Bill Parcells - Fact. They signed Curtis Martin to a contract that is now illegal in the NFL - Fact. They have been accused of tampering with Deon Branch while still under contract with NE - Fact. Tampering is so hard to prove but its goes on every off season.

Its rumored that Mangini approached Saban with material he collected to use against NE. Ist rumored Saban went straight to Belichik and alerted him to what Mangini was up to.

Damn, I wish the whole truth would come out. The only way it will is if Belichcik talks.

You are pathetic.

Seriously.

And where is that rumor being spread? Pats' sites?

WOW talk about a reach

Seeing the Patriots fans cry is AWESOME. Just awesome. I swear they are acting as if they just had the greatest choke job in sports history or something.

:rl:

PPPPhhhuuullleeeeaaassseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your JN faithful are the ones whining and crying about the Patriots cheating. Go look in the mirror

PPPPhhhuuullleeeeaaassseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your JN faithful are the ones whining and crying about the Patriots cheating. Go look in the mirror

It hurts man. We know it hurts. Let it out. We are here for you. Seriously.

Yeah, the Pats are the disgrace of the NFL, I'm so upset.:rl:

Thanks for prooving my point. Should I go see how many posts you have posted in regards to the Patriots?

It hurts man. We know it hurts. Let it out. We are here for you. Seriously.

I am good.

Unlike the Jets fans with their battered woman syndrome from supporting a $hitty team for 40 years and counting, I do not get my panties in a bunch over small crap.

That is why I am not here asking for the Phins o forfeit a game from two years ago when they were "creative" in obtaining the Patriots signals.

Especially when I hear and read coaches/players saying it happens. JN board members bvring alot to the table, but they are not bringing first hand knowledge of what coaches/scouts do in the NFL.

But, hey, whatever pays the bills here is cool.

How?

They are both stealing signals.

Given that technology can provide coaches on the sideline and booth, a photo copy of a formation for every play of the game shortly after it is executed. There is no difference other then the means recorded. Someone with binoculars records it on a laptop versus on a camera.

The Bronocs and 49ers comparison only shows how cluless you are. If it is laughable, why did they get punished? So using your logic, :rolleyes:, it is acceptable to defer money from Player A and pay interest on it, so you can keep Player A and other players versus the obvious minimum salary players that are the normal players that are picked up after a cap purging. Plus, you get to benefit from every game those players play.

That is not cheating how?

Plus, if you are going quote Dick, use the correct words. Big difference when you substitute must have with think. Especially, when used with the context that he doubt it helps.

Don't mind me though, I am going to take the words of Jimmie and Dick over you.

Just because Johnson and Vermeil could not master the technology at that time to make the value worth the cost does not support your argument. To help, it sounds like how IBM built a computer to beat a world champion chess player. At first the data in the computer was too complex and limited to gain a competitive advantage. Eventually as computers get more and more powerful the database gets larger and the query searches got faster and eventually the computer beat a legitimate world champion. In chess if one opponent is hooked up to a headset and is getting fed information on the exact defense an opponent is using and the effective countermove the opponent would almost never lose. The hooked up to a computer guy wins maybe 18 out of 19 or something.

Belicheat or probably Ernie Adams probably figured out how to maximize the database and search capability and cheat more effectively. Now the NFL is trying to make it all go away because they don

Just because Johnson and Vermeil could not master the technology at that time to make the value worth the cost does not support your argument. To help, it sounds like how IBM built a computer to beat a world champion chess player. At first the data in the computer was too complex and limited to gain a competitive advantage. Eventually as computers get more and more powerful the database gets larger and the query searches got faster and eventually the computer beat a legitimate world champion. In chess if one opponent is hooked up to a headset and is getting fed information on the exact defense an opponent is using and the effective countermove the opponent would almost never lose. The hooked up to a computer guy wins maybe 18 out of 19 or something.

Belicheat or probably Ernie Adams probably figured out how to maximize the database and search capability and cheat more effectively. Now the NFL is trying to make it all go away because they don

WTF is JN coming top when Chess strategy is used to make a point?

Ok, Francis in a way you made my point.

My argument is that everybody does it. I am basing my opinion on what these two NFL coaches said. Especially, in light of today's technology, it is more prevalent then JN wanmts to admit.

BTW Black Sox scandal was gambling.

Francis,

Your missing the point. The two former coaches said they didn't see the value. Thye weren't smart enough to see the possibilities. Belicheat isn't either but Ernie Adams is.

This article has been posted before but here is the excerpt...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=adams

"While it is commonly accepted that most teams try to steal signals, and New England was actually caught in the well-publicized Spygate incident, one former Patriots insider said a videotape of signals wouldn't help the other 31 teams nearly as much because they wouldn't have Ernie Adams there to quickly analyze and process the information."

Francis,

Your missing the point. The two former coaches said they didn't see the value. Thye weren't smart enough to see the possibilities. Belicheat isn't either but Ernie Adams is.

This article has been posted before but here is the excerpt...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=adams

"While it is commonly accepted that most teams try to steal signals, and New England was actually caught in the well-publicized Spygate incident, one former Patriots insider said a videotape of signals wouldn't help the other 31 teams nearly as much because they wouldn't have Ernie Adams there to quickly analyze and process the information."

That is my point.

Maybe Belichick is not as smart as Ernie, which given the guy on the sideline is not that far fetched, he is smart enough to keep that guy close and recognize his strengths.

That is my point.

Maybe Belichick is not as smart as Ernie, which given the guy on the sideline is not that far fetched, he is smart enough to keep that guy close and recognize his strengths.

You must be from the "If your not cheating your not trying hard enough" club. How about a game a chess? I get to use IBMs Deep Blue and you play alone, hell I'll even let ya consult Ernie Adams and we'll see who wins.

BTW...The BlackSox reference was in relation to the scandal not the gambling. I actually don't know how much $$$$ Ernie made off the Super Bowl. ;)

You must be from the "If your not cheating your not trying hard enough" club. How about a game a chess? I get to use IBMs Deep Blue and you play alone, hell I'll even let ya consult Ernie Adams and we'll see who wins.

BTW...The BlackSox reference was in relation to the scandal not the gambling. I actually don't know how much $$$$ Ernie made off the Super Bowl. ;)

Whatever it was, it was not enough. :P

The only thing the Patriots did wrong was video tape. Stealing signals is acceptable.

Whatever it was, it was not enough. :P

The only thing the Patriots did wrong was video tape. Stealing signals is acceptable.

You are right except for two things

1) It is pretty helpfull to be able to go back after the game and figure out what the defensive call was. This would help tremendously with picking up changes in signals.

2) There is still the issue of taping the walk through practice which has yet to be resolved - but it looks like it was most likely true at this point.

APNewsNow: Lawsuit seeks compensation for Super Bowl loss

February 15, 2008

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- A lawsuit filed Friday by a former St. Louis Rams player and others seeks millions of dollars in damages from the alleged taping of Rams practices by the New England Patriots before the 2002 Super Bowl.

The Patriots won the game 20-17 in the Superdome.

The $100 million suit, filed on behalf of former Rams player Willie Gary in U.S. District Court in New Orleans, names the Patriots, team owner Robert Kraft and head coach Bill Belichick.

Oh my

You are right except for two things

1) It is pretty helpfull to be able to go back after the game and figure out what the defensive call was. This would help tremendously with picking up changes in signals.

2) There is still the issue of taping the walk through practice which has yet to be resolved - but it looks like it was most likely true at this point.

1) You can do this with binoculars also or whatever means you intend to use. Everyone has access to the coach's film and can link a hand signal/verbal command to a formation or adjustment. The Patriots recorded it. That was what broke the rule.

2) "We're talking about a walk through. Not a game. Not a play book. A walk through. Come on man. A walk through." If Mike Martz sot his load at a walk through that was not private, I think I am a full qualified to be an NFL HC.

Archived