Ok with these signings and money being spent

4HCrew

it is pretty obvious to me Chad is going to be the starter. This is no youth movement with these recent big time signings. Better O Line results equals better running game, which helps the play action pass, which helps manage the game, which is CPs strength. Dare the Jets put this team in Kellen's hands?

so the Jets are going to give Kellen the keys to this franchise? I have a hard time believing he can beat Chad out in an "open" camp

I have a feeling it's Chad too. Mangini and Schotty love him. Mangini said it when he came from the Pats that Chad was one of the reasons for taking the job.

Look at the 2 years he had tremendous success. One year he got us 9-7, and a division win, and we beat the Colts in the first round. That happened when we had a good OL. The year he got hurt we sucked, because we didnt have a QB. Then a few years ago he leads us 10-6, and we beat SD in the first round. Without Brien choking he'd have us in the afc championship. That happened, because we had a solid OL. The next season we sucked, because he got hurt. Then in 06 he gets us 10-6 AGAIN, and we go to the playoffs. That happened, because we had a good OL. He sucked this year, because we didn't have an OL.

All of his success happened behind a good OL. All of his injuries, and suckiness happened behind a bad OL.

Guys when we have a good OL he is a very good QB.

08 he will shock a lot of people, but not me, because if we get another solid guy for the line via draft he will succedd.

so the Jets are going to give Kellen the keys to this franchise? I have a hard time believing he can beat Chad out in an "open" camp

If given a fair shot, I think he could. When was he ever given a fair shot in open camp? last year it was chad's job to lose. Clemens could have played just as good or slightly better than chad and still not have taken his job.

If given a fair shot, I think he could. When was he ever given a fair shot in open camp? last year it was chad's job to lose. Clemens could have played just as good or slightly better than chad and still not have taken his job.

There's something the coaches know about Clemens and they're not telling. Whether it's he can't read Defenses or check offs or what? Because if they thought Clemens could do it, Penny would have been gone with Vilma!!

Chad won one game last year. KC won 3. and KC stunk. Chad lost at least 3 with awful INTs. KC was just inefficient for the most part. Chad was downright harmful. KC had an excuse. They were the first 8 games of his frigging career. What was Chad's excuse? That they were the last 8 games of his?

Chad won one game last year. KC won 3. and KC stunk. Chad lost at least 3 with awful INTs. KC was just inefficient for the most part. Chad was downright harmful. KC had an excuse. They were the first 8 games of his frigging career. What was Chad's excuse? That they were the last 8 games of his?

I agree with you, chad is done, too many injuries, too many excuses. He is just over and done with.

I'd hate to tell you, but if you watched the games we were ahead in almost every game Chad played in. The D let the other teams back in and Penny was forced to play catch up and threw those ints under pressure. I think maybe the Giants game he threw a costly int when we were going in to score just before the half.

No matter if its Pennington or Clemens, either one will have much improved protection, a better running game, hopefully a better passing game (they still must address the Wide Receiver position) and will have a defense that will not let up as many points, hopefully. We will have to support whoever Mangini picks, but my gut feeling is that it will be Pennington.

No matter if its Pennington or Clemens, either one will have much improved protection, a better running game, hopefully a better passing game (they still must address the Wide Receiver position) and will have a defense that will not let up as many points, hopefully. We will have to support whoever Mangini picks, but my gut feeling is that it will be Pennington.

Hey Joe -- I am actually proud that you posted that. In Mangini we trust. (Until the 8th loss in any given season and then all bets are off).

:cheers:

Actually, Chad's game is less affected by a weak o-line than your average QB. His three yard drops and dump offs to the flat don't need a lot of protection time. I think that is why the Jets were still running the same plays when Clemens took over. The line could not give him enough time to take advantage of his arm for a more vertical game.

If Clemens does not work out next year, they will get someone else. Chad is done. If he is still around, it will be as an expensive veteran backup, no more.

Look at the 2 years he had tremendous success. One year he got us 9-7, and a division win, and we beat the Colts in the first round. That happened when we had a good OL. The year he got hurt we sucked, because we didnt have a QB. Then a few years ago he leads us 10-6, and we beat SD in the first round. Without Brien choking he'd have us in the afc championship. That happened, because we had a solid OL. The next season we sucked, because he got hurt. Then in 06 he gets us 10-6 AGAIN, and we go to the playoffs. That happened, because we had a good OL. He sucked this year, because we didn't have an OL.

All of his success happened behind a good OL. All of his injuries, and suckiness happened behind a bad OL.

Guys when we have a good OL he is a very good QB.

08 he will shock a lot of people, but not me, because if we get another solid guy for the line via draft he will succedd.

$1,000,000 Or ThE WomAN DiES

Kellen will beat chad out in camp ,Trust me ,The Kid is Mobile chad is Not ,The Kid has an Arm ,Chad Does not,The Kid can make somethin' outta nothin',Chad can Not...and so on ....and so on......Please fill free to add more Guys

He can throw a football, chad can not.

Kellen will beat chad out in camp ,Trust me ,The Kid is Mobile chad is Not ,The Kid has an Arm ,Chad Does not,The Kid can make somethin' outta nothin',Chad can Not...and so on ....and so on......Please fill free to add more Guys

His jersey is on sale for $30 while Chad's is on sale for $20. At least this is true where I work. :)

I'd hate to tell you, but if you watched the games we were ahead in almost every game Chad played in. The D let the other teams back in and Penny was forced to play catch up and threw those ints under pressure. I think maybe the Giants game he threw a costly int when we were going in to score just before the half.

Chad takes what the defense gives him, which are dinks and dunks between the 20s. He cant thread the needle at the goal line and he cant bring the Jets back when the defense presses. Thus, the Jets cant win in the NFL with Chad under center. But he can be fine in short stints as a back up, especially since the Jets can afford him as an expensive insurance policy.

Starting Chad Pennington would nullify all the goodwill this regime has earned in the past couple of days.

The goal is to win a Super Bowl, and Chad Pennington can't do that, I do not care what talent surrounds him. Signing Alan Faneca is not going to make Chad's ducks get to the WR a half a second faster.

Starting Chad Pennington would nullify all the goodwill this regime has earned in the past couple of days.

The goal is to win a Super Bowl, and Chad Pennington can't do that, I do not care what talent surrounds him. Signing Alan Faneca is not going to make Chad's ducks get to the WR a half a second faster.

thank you troll nuff said! very well put by the way

Teams need 2 QB's in this day and age, but I hate the idea of Chad being the backup simply due to the tension and controversy it will cause for the team. I just wish they would close the Chad chapter for good. If he is the starter this season it better be because Clemens is hurt.

Teams need 2 QB's in this day and age, but I hate the idea of Chad being the backup simply due to the tension and controversy it will cause for the team. I just wish they would close the Chad chapter for good. If he is the starter this season it better be because Clemens is hurt.

The market for Chad may develop later. Teams that think they are set at QB might find out in training camp that they are wrong (of course, the Jets could be one of those teams but I have faith in Clemens).

True the best scenerio if they want to go with Clemens is to replace Chad with another veteran to back him up. the friction with Chad lurking is not good.

The market for Chad may develop later. Teams that think they are set at QB might find out in training camp that they are wrong (of course, the Jets could be one of those teams but I have faith in Clemens).

To tell you the truth, I don't think Pennington is even on the market right now.

With all the money the Jets just spent, in what appears to be a win now push, I just don't see them handing the team over to a young QB who showed nothing last season.

I realy hope Clemens comes into camp lights it up, and wins the job outright, but I have severe doubts

Archived