No respect by the media

BigOrangeJetFan

Man, are we getting pounded. Particularly on the Pace/Woody deals. USA Today had us one of the big losers in Free Agency to this point.

Most columns I see say that Pace is way over priced for a partial season worth of production; and that Woody has been a center/guard, with very little tackle experience. THe only love we're getting is on the Faneca signing.

Question, if we signed Richardson as a FA fullback, wasn't Askew worth re-signing?

Tangini are staking their futures on this spending spree. If we don't show dramatic improvement this year, how long before they are shown the door?

Man, are we getting pounded. Particularly on the Pace/Woody deals. USA Today had us one of the big losers in Free Agency to this point.

Most columns I see say that Pace is way over priced for a partial season worth of production; and that Woody has been a center/guard, with very little tackle experience. THe only love we're getting is on the Faneca signing.

Question, if we signed Richardson as a FA fullback, wasn't Askew worth re-signing?

Tangini are staking their futures on this spending spree. If we don't show dramatic improvement this year, how long before they are shown the door?

Askew sucks. Been there done that.

The Jets have acted like the Redskins and yes Tangini is putting their a$$es on the line. They gave Pace superstar money when he has proved next to nothing. Overpaid for Woody. Nothing is won on paper and the only way to shut people up is to win. History of teams spending huge money in one offseason usually do not fair well for a variety of reasons.

The Jets have acted like the Redskins and yes Tangini is putting their a$$es on the line. They gave Pace superstar money when he has proved next to nothing. Overpaid for Woody. Nothing is won on paper and the only way to shut people up is to win. History of teams spending huge money in one offseason usually do not fair well for a variety of reasons.

not really. snyder usually does this every season.

We're the rodney dangerfield's of the NFL. The media really doesn't know crap. They're paid to entertain and sell papers rather than give expert football analysis. What is going to sell more papers a story about how the Jets took a chance on improving the team while still staying in a good cap situation or a story about how the "Jets sucks,lol heres y"

Everybody can comment as much as they want now, but there is still plenty of offseason left and the Jets will make many more changes before camp opens. When I heard Tannys interviews he said they liked Woodys versatility, so for all we know we may draft a tackle and move Woody to guard. Its still all up in the air.

I dont think they are staking their futures on this spending spree. Its not like we pulled a ditka and traded away all of our picks, we still have plenty left to continue building with younger guys.

How can we be losers if we acquired players? What could the Jets lose? Woodys money? Seriously, it's not like we are in bad cap shape even after the signings...

A loser is someone who loses players or fails to sign someone that can give them a huge help.

In all fairness, Pace is unproven, faneca is old and jenins and woody are fat. You also don't know what kind of qb play to expect this year.

Faneca is 8 months older than Tom Brady. If that is old then sign me up. Let's get them both to retire and see what franchise has a harder time recovering.

In all fairness, Pace is unproven, faneca is old and jenins and woody are fat. You also don't know what kind of qb play to expect this year.

You have got to be the dumbest MF'ing troll who has ever posted here..Unless your around 12 years old (grammar indicates) in that case I'm sorry for hurting your self esteem...... you little schmuck.

As stated in another post your lock down corner is...Ahh... ELLIS HOBBS..That should illicit just one response from the Pat's faithful....YIKES

You have got to be the dumbest MF'ing troll who has ever posted here..Unless your around 12 years old (grammar indicates) in that case I'm sorry for hurting your self esteem...... you little schmuck.

As stated in another post your lock down corner is...Ahh... ELLIS HOBBS..That should illicit just one response from the Pat's faithful....YIKES

:P;):Nuts:

I actually agree with the troll's comment. I don't personally agree with it, but those are valid reasons for the press to be down on our moves. OTOH, Ellis Hobbs? Hahahahaha!

Pace is unproven and probably overpaid, but if Tuna signed him to the same deal they'd be all over how we don't get players like that moving into their prime. These deals seem a little too much, but they obviously have to win now because their jobs are on the line and I think every deal has been reported initially higher than it is in actuality. The cap is going up and maybe even going away, so record deals will be spouting up all over.

I actually agree with the troll's comment. I don't agree with it, but those are valid reasons for the press to be down on our moves. OTOH, Ellis Hobbs? Hahahahaha!

Pace is unproven and probably overpaid, but if Tuna signed him to the same deal they'd be all over how we don't get players like that moving into their prime. These deals seem a little too much, but they obviously have to win now because their jobs are on the line and I think every deal has been reported initially higher than it is in actuality. The cap is going up and maybe even going away, so record deals will be spouting up all over.

I'm optimistic that all of these moves will work out for the benefit of the Jets. I also think that the Pats pick the best CB in the draft with the #7 pick. I just hope he turns out to be a bust. That would be awesome. Also, the backers for the pats are getting old and the secondary is looking bad. I don't know how well their defense is going to be next year.

I actually agree with the troll's comment. I don't agree with it, but those are valid reasons for the press to be down on our moves. OTOH, Ellis Hobbs? Hahahahaha!

I agree with this to an extent. I still believe that Faneca and Jenkins are worth their value but anyone thinking we didn't overpay for Jenkins is in denial. He's talented yes and is also going to be an upgrade but even so, that's a lot of money for a guy who's had one pretty good year. I love the Richardson and signing and I really haven't seen enough from Woody recently to judge. Overall though I'm very happy with our off-season despite some questionable moves.

Did'nt Jenkins go to 3 pro bowls? I'm pretty sure he did, I could be wrong though. Who cares what the talking heads say, they are usaully always wrong about us. I think we are going to have one hell of a line, and they are all signed for a few years, and can be dumped next year without serious cap concerns. We are in good shape.

Semper fi

More stupid FUD by the media...if the Pats would've made these moves, everyone would be praising them for the great moves....Until we start winning nobody will respect us, or the moves we made. I kinda want everyone to doubt us.....screw'em.

hey and the patriot are still cheating dip****s. got shady brady hollywood *******, belicheat firing off video cameras, and best of all you still couldnt win the SUPERBOWL

Everybody can comment as much as they want now, but there is still plenty of offseason left and the Jets will make many more changes before camp opens. When I heard Tannys interviews he said they liked Woodys versatility, so for all we know we may draft a tackle and move Woody to guard. Its still all up in the air.

I dont think they are staking their futures on this spending spree. Its not like we pulled a ditka and traded away all of our picks, we still have plenty left to continue building with younger guys.

Dead on! - I Expect the Jet's to take Carl Nicks as our new R.T and play Woody at R.G, with Moore on the bench. I also expect they will trade L.Coles for a 2nd and pick up Limas Sweed :) with that Pick!

The media has every reason to kill the Pace signing. The Jets forked over the budget of a small country to pay a guy who's only had one good season in the NFL. Pace may turn out to be a good player but the Jets really overpaid for him.

The Woody signing is a little more justifiable considering how terrible the O-line was.

I still think the Jets have had for the most part a great off-season, but the criticisms are not unwarranted.

Damien Woody is a former pro bowl player that is a 340 lb BEHEMOTH. He is the road grader we have not had since K-Mac left years ago, the same K-Mac that helped the Giants win a Super Bowl.

This also suddenly improves Brick into possibly the most dangerous LT in the league in terms of run blocking. There is nobody else in the league that can pull like Brick can. Power sweeps to the right with Leon, with Richardson leading the way. Nothing fancy, we just do that all game and you will see why Woody is money (heh).

The people in the media are idiots. The Jets have had the best offseason of any team I have ever seen in NFL history, if you keep in mind that the Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams trades were all for future prospective gain, not the immediate gain we have gotten now. And hell, these guys we got are way better than draft picks, everyone aside from Pace has been to pro bowls, and all including Pace have the potential for the pro bowl. We have shored up the trenches, and we've found our pass rush. This was nothing short of absolute genius.

Ignore the media, just laugh when we have a playoff spot locked up with a month to go, and are shooting for a bye. It is a good time to be a Jets fan.

Damien Woody is a former pro bowl player that is a 340 lb BEHEMOTH. He is the road grader we have not had since K-Mac left years ago, the same K-Mac that helped the Giants win a Super Bowl.

This also suddenly improves Brick into possibly the most dangerous LT in the league in terms of run blocking. There is nobody else in the league that can pull like Brick can. Power sweeps to the right with Leon, with Richardson leading the way. Nothing fancy, we just do that all game and you will see why Woody is money (heh).

The people in the media are idiots. The Jets have had the best offseason of any team I have ever seen in NFL history, if you keep in mind that the Herschel Walker and Ricky Williams trades were all for future prospective gain, not the immediate gain we have gotten now. And hell, these guys we got are way better than draft picks, everyone aside from Pace has been to pro bowls, and all including Pace have the potential for the pro bowl. We have shored up the trenches, and we've found our pass rush. This was nothing short of absolute genius.

Ignore the media, just laugh when we have a playoff spot locked up with a month to go, and are shooting for a bye. It is a good time to be a Jets fan.

I agree with your sentiment, but counting Woody as a pro bowler is a stretch. That was more than five years ago. It was also several positions ago. He made the pro bowl as a center, he has since played both guard slots and RT where we are apparently going to try him. He's a behemoth sure, but he's probably 25 pounds heavier than he's supposed to be. These things are not necessarily positives.

I agree with your sentiment, but counting Woody as a pro bowler is a stretch. That was more than five years ago. It was also several positions ago. He made the pro bowl as a center, he has since played both guard slots and RT where we are apparently going to try him. He's a behemoth sure, but he's probably 25 pounds heavier than he's supposed to be. These things are not necessarily positives.

Case in point: Clarke had great size.

Also Clement is a pretty big dude as well at 6'8"/320.

They were both pretty awful.

Evaluations are not done on paper. Lets' see how these guys play for the Jets before we condemn the moves.

Here's something positive:

New York Jets (4-12): With the possible exception of the Browns, no team can stake a better claim to the league

Archived