DRob to Broncos for Foxworth?

TaborJet

This was quoted from T-Rock's blog:

Two birds?

If the Jets are looking to bolster their cornerback position and get rid of Dewayne Robertson, they might be able to do both in one shot.

In an interview with Newsday's Alex Labidou, the agent for Domonique Foxworth of the Broncos says that his client would be interested in playing for the Jets. Foxworth is a restricted free agent with the Broncos, a team that is known to be in the market for a defensive lineman. Like, say, Robertson.

There aren't any current talks between the teams, Jim Ivler said, but it's possible that as Robertson's $3 million roster bonus deadline gets closer and Foxworth's frustration with his role in Denver increases, the teams could find a way to swap headaches.

Here is Foxworth's info:

#22 Domonique Foxworth | CB

8511.jpg

Full Name: Domonique Foxworth

Born: March 27, 1983 Randallstown, MD

Height: 5-11

Weight: 180 lbs.

Pos: CB

Experience: 3 years

College: Maryland

Drafted: Year:2005 Round:3 Pick:33, Broncos

Anything they get for D-Rob at this point is a great deal.

He is gone in June for sure. The problem is, not that there is no one interested in trading for him, there is.

He has no interest in doing a contract with any team he is traded to. He wants to have multiple teams bid on his contract as a free agent.

The only potential solution, if he is willing to do it, is allow his agent to cut their own deal. Kind of what Vilma did.

They may be refusing to do that at this point.

Meh. Trade for a backup player who doesn't have a contract? So then we have to offer a contract extension to a player we've never seen start or in practice? Pass. Just release him outright.

I think it's becoming clear that this is what's going to have to happen-nobody is going to give us anything for a soon-to-be-released-anyway player...cut our losses and move on

Meh. Trade for a backup player who doesn't have a contract? So then we have to offer a contract extension to a player we've never seen start or in practice? Pass. Just release him outright.

I'd do it. The Jets really need help at CB, IMHO. Of course, that's because I'm on the opinion that Justin Miller absolutely sucks as a CB. If they could extend Foxworth at a backup rate, I think that would be good for the Jets.

I'll take anything for DSlob at this point.

Back in Feb, there were a couple articles in Denver floating the rumor that the Broncos could be shopping DF as part of a package for Shaun Rogers (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080228/BLOG21/80228026/1048/SPORTS), so it makes sense here, too.

If the Jets make the move I'm all for it. As of right now we are going to get nothing for Drob. I don't know much about Foxworth or whether or not we would be better off just cutting Drob outright, but one thing Tangini seems to do well is evaluate DB's, so I would trust their decision on this.

I'd pull the trigger on this deal in a heartbeat. Problem is, as others have noted, that once teams KNOW you're going to release him (D'Rob) the value plummets. Look at Javon Walker. Why trade a player when you can get the guy for free.

I'd pull the trigger on this deal in a heartbeat. Problem is, as others have noted, that once teams KNOW you're going to release him (D'Rob) the value plummets. Look at Javon Walker. Why trade a player when you can get the guy for free.

Foxworth isn't that bad. He's not somebody that we haven't seen play. He's been the starting CB at the end of each of his three seasons. I think he's pissed at the fact that they keep trying to replace him. He got the low tender, so if the Jets are interested it would save them the third rounder. If they aren't interested there isn't any reason to make the deal. The real question is how much $$$ he's seeking.

Foxworth isn't that bad. He's not somebody that we haven't seen play. He's been the starting CB at the end of each of his three seasons. I think he's pissed at the fact that they keep trying to replace him. He got the low tender, so if the Jets are interested it would save them the third rounder. If they aren't interested there isn't any reason to make the deal. The real question is how much $$$ he's seeking.

Oh wait is this the guy the Lions were going to get in that alleged 3-way with us & Denver? I thought this was another backup; ok.

Oh wait is this the guy the Lions were going to get in that alleged 3-way with us & Denver? I thought this was another backup; ok.

Archived