Jets Trade Robertson To Broncos

Vudu

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robertson Trade to Denver Close to Completion

Posted Sat Apr 12th by Kyle

The Denver Broncos and New York Jets have been working out the details of a trade to send Dewayne Robertson to the Broncos for weeks. Several league sources have confirmed that a trade for Robertson is almost complete, and that the Broncos are willing to give two of their draft picks between the fourth and sixth rounds to finish the deal. Scout.com report

According to the report, the trade would be finalized on the condition that the Broncos sign the defensive tackle to a new contract before the draft.

Hopefully this thing is almost over. But two picks? Really? For a defensive tackle suffering from a knee with bone-on-bone, who is going to be released anyway? It doesn

If its an 09 5th i'll be pissed.

Even if it's an 09 4th I won't like it.

I believe we can get an 08 third, because The Jets, and Denver know how good of a player Drob is in the 4-3.

Even if it's an '09 7th rounder I'll be excited. The guy has done nothing but suck his entire career; what the hell do you expect to get for him? More than someone who has already had a couple of good seasons in Vilma? The fact that Denver is willing to give up ANYTHING when he's going to be released anyway is a win.

"Times change, and so do opinions.

After saying a trade for Jets defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson would be "a big risk'' because of his troublesome knees and saying it would have to be for the right "value,'' Broncos coach Mike Shanahan has apparently decided two draft picks are the right value for the former No. 4 pick of the draft.

Another team that inquired about acquiring Robertson in recent days, believed to the be the Raiders, was informed a deal was in place with Denver, a deal that is expected to be announced officially this weekend, possibly as soon as Saturday.

The Broncos have surrendered a draft pick this year – thought to be a late-rounder – to go with a pick in the '09 draft. The Broncos are believed to have already worked out the framework of a new more salary-cap friendly contract for Robertson."

"Times change, and so do opinions.

After saying a trade for Jets defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson would be "a big risk'' because of his troublesome knees and saying it would have to be for the right "value,'' Broncos coach Mike Shanahan has apparently decided two draft picks are the right value for the former No. 4 pick of the draft.

Another team that inquired about acquiring Robertson in recent days, believed to the be the Raiders, was informed a deal was in place with Denver, a deal that is expected to be announced officially this weekend, possibly as soon as Saturday.

The Broncos have surrendered a draft pick this year

He wasn't a "horrible" player, he was just not ever worth anything near what we gave up for him. I wish him luck and I'm glad we could pick up some picks for him.

He was a good player, even very good. But fans here could never get past what we gave up for him and hated him for it. He was our best defensive lineman even out of position. But he WAS out of position and his contract is very unfriendly so this really was our onky move. The Jets better convert the picks because they are not a better team without him.

Cimini just said on SNY "based on his sources" it's a 4th or 5th this year and a late conditional in 2009

If the Raiders were really interested we should have told them we would switch spots with them this year & give us the 5th next year , let them have D-rob & keep their 4th they were going to give us this year ,then hopefully we could have signed McFadden ..

Outstanding news.

Some of you guys are just really greedy. We're lucky to get anything. Not because he's not worth anything, but because every team in the league knows we're just going to release him outright before his $3M roster bonus in June.

It's not this or a 3rd rounder; it's this or absolutely nothing whatsoever. Because in June he's getting cut with zero compensation. Anything is better than nothing.

Outstanding news.

Some of you guys are just really greedy. We're lucky to get anything. Not because he's not worth anything, but because every team in the league knows we're just going to release him outright before his $3M roster bonus in June.

It's not this or a 3rd rounder; it's this or absolutely nothing whatsoever. Because in June he's getting cut with zero compensation. Anything is better than nothing.

Another great move by Tangini this off-season. Robertson had no business being on this team with the 3-4 defense and his cap number was ludicrous.

To get anything for a guy who is going to be cut June 1 is a compliment to his skills.

this is basically a Leonard Davis situation. Expectations were too high, everyone thinks he's a bum but he can and has dominated. next year in a different system, could be a very good player.

All that being said I root for the laundry, he wasn't a fit for current system and who really knows what's up with the knee.

wow, I can't believe it. I'm not online for one afternoon and stuff goes crazy. I took the wife to see Wicked by the way. Great play. Anyways, great move by the front office, because like many have said, we were going to release him anyways so anything they give us is a bonus.

Funny thing is that I don't feel this clears anything up for me. I knew he'd be off the team because the combination of Jenkins and his salary were too much to last. I knew they'd get something for him because too many teams were expressing interest. After the reports that he'd agreed to a contract with Denver I figured he'd go there and knew he wouldn't be cut outright even if it was only for a seventh. I just didn't know how low of a pick to expect. Considering all the speculation here I still don't know. The only thing this does it give me more hope that the picks are '08 picks and not '09.

Funny thing is that I don't feel this clears anything up for me. I knew he'd be off the team because the combination of Jenkins and his salary were too much to last. I knew they'd get something for him because too many teams were expressing interest. After the reports that he'd agreed to a contract with Denver I figured he'd go there and knew he wouldn't be cut outright even if it was only for a seventh. I just didn't know how low of a pick to expect. Considering all the speculation here I still don't know. The only thing this does it give me more hope that the picks are '08 picks and not '09.

Isnt it already announced that its only a 2009 conditional pick?

Dude if they got a 2008 3rd round pick for DRob that would be incredible.

I love the optimism, but I can guarantee it aint a third. Denver doesn't have one.

If either come before the 5th, I'd be surprised. I'm shocked there are two picks. He failed their physical, the economy is in the toilet, and the Jets don't want him. That's the trifecta of devaluation.

Next years draft could be insane for us.

We could have as many as three second rounder and two fourth rounders, as well as all of our other picks, any weaknesses that show up this season could easily be solved with the wealth of picks we got next year, hopefully anyways.

Regardless the sheer number of picks can do nothing but help us in the future.

Archived