ESPN Link to Follow Cuts. Some Cool names.

TomShane

Pass. He only plays when he wants to. We're getting rid of Abe to clear ourselves of that problem. Now, if we can only trick the INS into thinking Santana Moss is from Nicaragua we could get him deported.

I would at least want some compensation for Moss....at least before we deport him.. :roll:

• 17 years later...
13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That link is still used by ESPN and lists current cuts.

It's not often someone posts a link that's still useful 17.5 years later.

too bad they dont update it. the only cut is Jackson and they said it happened on the 24th... 5 days ago.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, doitny said:

too bad they dont update it. the only cut is Jackson and they said it happened on the 24th... 5 days ago.

I think it's only official cuts processed thru the League office so far.  All these other names are coming out because agents, teams or the players themselves and tweeting about it, etc.  So the paperwork is probably still in process.  Ex. Streveler hasn't been released yet.  The Jets told him he's going to be released on Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think it's only official cuts processed thru the League office so far.  All these other names are coming out because agents, teams or the players themselves and tweeting about it, etc.  So the paperwork is probably still in process.  Ex. Streveler hasn't been released yet.  The Jets told him he's going to be released on Tuesday.

So your saying Streveler is still a Jet? Maybe the Jets change their minds. Maybe with all this public outcry they decide to keep him. Maybe I smoked a little too much green. Seriously I like what Streveler brings to the table but apparently winning games wasn't enough for the Jets. Three come from behind wins - yeah he should of done better!

2 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

So your saying Streveler is still a Jet? Maybe the Jets change their minds. Maybe with all this public outcry they decide to keep him. Maybe I smoked a little too much green. Seriously I like what Streveler brings to the table but apparently winning games wasn't enough for the Jets. Three come from behind wins - yeah he should of done better!

No idea if he's still a Jet.  Sounds like he's on his way out.  My only point is that ESPN is probably not too keen on listing guys as cut until it's official, even if we know it's going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

He was always just a camp arm / body

Saleh and Douglas pay lip service to competition and merit-based culture but it’s all a charade

They pre-determine everything basically with the exception of maybe 3 or 4 spots that are genuinely up for grabs

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm guessing after the Araiza incident, they just didn't want to take the chance keeping a guy named OJ.

Wow -- $3.2MM of $3.5MM was fully guaranteed & they cut him (which fully guarantees yet another player's salary for the year)?

Something's up to not even keep him around as a TE3. He's either impossibly bad or impossibly obnoxious.