Berman sees Jets as contenders.

Jetkid94

This team lost SEVEN games by SEVEN points or less in 2007 after reaching the playoffs in 2006. We have added the best LG in the league not named Steve Hutchinson, one of the best Defensive Tackles in the game, one of the best run blocking FB's in the league and two, although high priced, high ceiling pass rushers in Vernon Gholston and Calvin Pace.

If this team is not AT LEAST 8-8 this season, Mangini needs to be on the hot seat, as does Tannenbaum. This team is a playoff contender no matter who is playing Quarterback.

nah i actually understand

tha game of football

we aint got no 1

goalston is a bust

mangina cant coach

and we aint gotta qb

=0-16

So Gholstons a bust before he's even played a pre-season game, not even a regular season game, i dont get it?

the LB corps should be voracious and the secondary more than solid this year and they should go at least 8-8. i'll be really surprised if they make it to the postseason, but not so much if they can't get out round 1...

i'm more anxious to get to '09 when gholston, jenkins & pace got a season in the system, miller has an epiphany giving us two shutdown corners, and they draft a big, strong, fast DE to bolster the D-line... the D could be nightmarish.

at that point it won't matter who the QB is. everyone knows trent dilfer isn't a SB caliber QB, but the team he started at QB for did win a SB.

Can't we do something where we ban kobe from the NFL forum like TX. It's bad enough dealing with this crap in the lounge.

On topic. I can see the jets getting lucky and with good QB play from whomever starts winning 10 games and becoming a wildcard team. That is only if Fergeson picks his game up with the addition of faneca and we get some serious production out of Jenkins and gholston and/or pace. But, if our D becomes as good as it can be with the additions and Woddy doesn't suck, we can be a good team this year. Too many if's for my taste though,

This team lost SEVEN games by SEVEN points or less in 2007 after reaching the playoffs in 2006. We have added the best LG in the league not named Steve Hutchinson, one of the best Defensive Tackles in the game, one of the best run blocking FB's in the league and two, although high priced, high ceiling pass rushers in Vernon Gholston and Calvin Pace.

If this team is not AT LEAST 8-8 this season, Mangini needs to be on the hot seat, as does Tannenbaum. This team is a playoff contender no matter who is playing Quarterback.

Weren't you just talking to me about how the Jets "got it done" in 2006 when I mentioned their 25th ranked offense and 20th ranked defense? This post contradicts that point quite well. Either good teams find a way to win, or play opponents close and can't seal the deal, which is it?

As for close games, the Dolphins lost 6 games by 3 points last year. So is it safe to say they could've easily been 7-9?

nah i actually understand

tha game of football

we aint got no 1

goalston is a bust

mangina cant coach

and we aint gotta qb

=0-16

cm28 u trippin bro

we aint gonna win **** this year

we goin 0-16

cuz we gots a horrible coach

and that clown aint draft andre or dfad

ya dig

English teachers everywhere are slamming their faces between two text books.

X2, except I don't consider Pace a high ceiling pass rusher. Or a pass rusher.

So Gholstons a bust before he's even played a pre-season game, not even a regular season game, i dont get it?

You don't get Kobe? What's the matter with you?

Can't we do something where we ban kobe from the NFL forum like TX. It's bad enough dealing with this crap in the lounge.

On topic. I can see the jets getting lucky and with good QB play from whomever starts winning 10 games and becoming a wildcard team. That is only if Fergeson picks his game up with the addition of faneca and we get some serious production out of Jenkins and gholston and/or pace. But, if our D becomes as good as it can be with the additions and Woddy doesn't suck, we can be a good team this year. Too many if's for my taste though,

I don't think they even need good QB play to get 10 wins. They got 10 in '06 without it. Adequate would be nice. They just need the QBs to stop ****ting the bed every week and they should be fine. Actual good QB play would make 11 or more wins possible. Not likely.

Weren't you just talking to me about how the Jets "got it done" in 2006 when I mentioned their 25th ranked offense and 20th ranked defense? This post contradicts that point quite well. Either good teams find a way to win, or play opponents close and can't seal the deal, which is it?

As for close games, the Dolphins lost 6 games by 3 points last year. So is it safe to say they could've easily been 7-9?

So you rank teams by yards instead of points scored? Let me guess: you play fantasy football.

2006 Jets scoring: boring as it was to watch, Jets scored 18th-most points in the NFL (19.8ppg).

2006 Jets defense: gave up the 6th-fewest points in the NFL.

Perhaps you think it better to have the Oakland Raiders defense of 2006? They gave up the 3rd-fewest yards but gave up the 18th-most points.

How about the Packers offense that year - top 10 in yards, but bottom-10 in scoring. The Falcons? 12th in yards gained; 25th in points scored. Neither GB or Atlanta had a winning record that year (even with 2 wins apiece against their 3 & 4 win, division bottom-feeders)

All that matters, in the end, is scoring points and preventing the opposition from scoring points. It doesn't matter how many yards you end up with.

A team with around the #20 offense and #25 ranked defense doesn't go 10-6 in the regular season & advance to the playoffs. They go 5-11 like the Redskins did that year (#20 offense/#27 defense).

How does it do that at all?

They did get it done in 2006 and 2007, they didn't. Facts are facts and thats happened in large part because they screwed up their Offensive Line, their Pass Rusher become non-exsistent and their Quarterback hit a brick wall, signalling the end of his career as a starting Quarterback in the NFL.

BTW, yards mean **** in rankings to determine good Football teams. Points win games.

As SpermEdwards posted above, the Jets with 18th in scoring on offense and 6th on defense, meaning only 5 teams let up more points than them.

This team is a contender. Anyone who doesn't see it is blind or just doesn't want to see it because of the hatred for the organization. The team currently fielded is better than the 2006 team and when looking at the 2008 schedule, it is very favorable since we're playing the AFC West & NFC West, too of the worse divisions in the NFL. The Jets could easily walk out 6-2 in those games, Miami should be two wins, thats 8 wins, and hopefully a split with Buffalo and another win gets them to 10-6.

How do you feel knowing the Jets have won 16 of 20 games against the Dolphins? Do you think Parmele or Hilliard have a chance to get into the RB mix in Miami this year? Will it be a RBBC in Miami with Brown and Ricky like ive been reading? Do you think Ginn can be a #1 WR in this league? How involved will Fassano be in the passing game? Who will win between Crowder and Ayodele at ILB? Will Beck or Mcnown be the week 1 starter? I think the Dolphins are going to miss Z.Thomas a lot. Is Merling on track to start week 1 as a rookie at DE? Ive got some questions about the Phins :)

This is probably one of the most uneducated post.. ever.. YA DIG.
He's a troll. And a bad one. Meaning he's not even remotely good at it.

I honestly can't wait until I see how our defense performs.

Seeing Pace and Gholston get the QB will feel good.

I can't wait to see Kris Jenkins fat ass in the middle, finally a real NOSE!! I recently saw a picture of Robertson & Jenkins side by side and its honestly ridiculous that Robertson has been playing the nose the last 2 years.

I agree with most of this but how are Vernon Gholston (Played a total of 0 NFL downs and thus is completely unproven) and Calvin Pace (Career high: 6.5 season sacks) 'high ceiling pass rushers'?

Gholston may indeed prove to be a great pass rusher but I can tell you right now that Pace is not. Good player? Definetly. An Upgrade? Most Certainly. That does not make him a very good pass rusher.

cm28 u trippin bro

we aint gonna win **** this year

we goin 0-16

cuz we gots a horrible coach

and that clown aint draft andre or dfad

ya dig

Please get the Hell out of the NFL forum and never come back. In fact just get the Hell away from your ****ing computer!

I can't wait to see Kris Jenkins fat ass in the middle, finally a real NOSE!! I recently saw a picture of Robertson & Jenkins side by side and its honestly ridiculous that Robertson has been playing the nose the last 2 years.

Could not agree more with this. I was so sick and tired of our defence being blown off of the ball, every single down. It was embarrassing to watch.

Jenkins will at the very least, demand double blocking and be able to hold his own in the trenches. Those are too things D-Rob was never able to do, or ever going to do in a 3-4 system.

With Jenkins in there, our D has the potential to be dominant. This guy was once the best DT in the league, he's in the best shape since that form and could become the beast he once was. If he does, our D will be a huge force to be reckoned with this season.

yall are tha same cats last year

sayin we was gonna go to tha playoffs lmao

yall kno im right

we aint makin no playoffs unless we gets dnabb from tha eagles

we aint got kno qb and we aint got a lt

clemens cant run penyton cant run dnab is a beast

we gotta trade goalston and chad and a first fo him

then yall can start talkin bout the playoffs

yall are tha same cats last year

sayin we was gonna go to tha playoffs lmao

yall kno im right

we aint makin no playoffs unless we gets dnabb from tha eagles

we aint got kno qb and we aint got a lt

clemens cant run penyton cant run dnab is a beast

we gotta trade goalston and chad and a first fo him

then yall can start talkin bout the playoffs

Penyton?

Please, that has to be bannable offense. Even if it's not can you just tell him ot is.

Archived