1 member has voted

1. 1. Pro Herm or Anti Herm?

• Pro Herm
    • Anti-Herm
    • vehemently and/or rabidly anti-Herm

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And finally, I've yet to hear a single name of a magic coach GUARANTEED to win a Super Bowl. Until someone can tell me who that coach is, I refuse to join the "Playoffs are Not Enough" Kabal in demanding Herm's head on a plate.

As usual your using the dance steps you learned

at Scottie's Dance Academy..Let me try this S-L-

O-W-L-Y..If a person who does Game plans and goes

to the playoffs 3 out of 4 years Sucks..Is it also

not possible that a HC that does none of that and

just claps his hands and screws up the clock

management suck also??? Of course there's no Magic

Coach that's guaranteed to win a Bowl!! But if I'm

in the Jungle hunting Lions I want a Gun like BB

that has the Ammo to bring one down then one that

would spray him with BBQ sauce!! :mrgreen:

PS you ate Bloodworms?? Have you ever thought of

being on Fear Factor?? Actually worms are pure

protein so they aren't bad for you!! :wink:

Fair enough, but we all know I mean an AVAILABLE coach...you know, one we could hire :P

To be 100% serious for a minute Fish..I think as

of this minute Hermie isn't a problem for the Team!

Other then BBQ'ing and making nice with the press

and some obligatory hand clapping he's a non entity!

Hendu and Dinger and asst's are running the Team!!

So if we do get to the Bowl and you want to give

Crazy old Uncle Hermie all the credit..I have no

problem with that!! Because my TEAM would have won!

Not 1 player or 1 HC but the Team!! :wink:

To be 100% serious for a minute Fish..I think as

of this minute Hermie isn't a problem for the Team!

Other then BBQ'ing and making nice with the press

and some obligatory hand clapping he's a non entity!

Hendu and Dinger and asst's are running the Team!!

So if we do get to the Bowl and you want to give

Crazy old Uncle Hermie all the credit..I have no

problem with that!! Because my TEAM would have won!

Not 1 player or 1 HC but the Team!! :wink:

I only disagree as to Herm's EFFECT. Herm is clearly a "CEO-Style" Head-Coach. I've never debated that point, that Herm is more of a "Leader" than an "X's & O's" style of football coach. The difference is you give him no credit for leading his Co's and players, and I do. Simple as that it would seem.

I only disagree as to Herm's EFFECT. Herm is clearly a "CEO-Style" Head-Coach. I've never debated that point, that Herm is more of a "Leader" than an "X's & O's" style of football coach. The difference is you give him no credit for leading his Co's and players, and I do. Simple as that it would seem.

I have never said Hermie isn't likable or a Great

person!! CEO-STYLE?? I think More BBQ-STYLE! I agree

he's a Rah Rah Guy that would probley make a good

College Coach once he learned to tell Time and Game

plan a bit!! Of course that "You can't Coach Talent"

and the Chicken wing analogies have got to go!! :P

They probley wouldn't but he took over a 3-13 Team!

And had it as high as 11-5 but the next year went 5-11 and was Canned! Hermie went 6-10 and got a extention! :roll:

I didn't say he didn't do a good job, just that he wasn't guaranteed to win a Super Bowl there.

Also, lets not forget that Parcells was almost fired before he got Lawrence Taylor. No patience, no SB for the Giants.

I have never said Hermie isn't likable or a Great

person!! CEO-STYLE?? I think More BBQ-STYLE! I agree

he's a Rah Rah Guy that would probley make a good

College Coach once he learned to tell Time and Game

plan a bit!! Of course that "You can't Coach Talent"

and the Chicken wing analogies have got to go!! :P

Savage you really need to get off the BBQ thing. :D

If you watched the Jaguars training camp thing last year on NFL Network they had a luau night.

It one of the things that bring a team together. You don't have to be KILL KILL KILL all the time in practice. Players need to blow of a little steam and have some fun.

If you can show me a potential coach who would be GUARANTEED to provide us with that RING followed by two losing seasons, perhaps then I'll listen.

But you can't, and that is the fallacy of your logic. You ASSUME we can find another coach, a better coach, who will take Herm's team to 12-4 and a RING. I cannot assume that, not given the history of the NY Jets. I think it is much more likely that we replace Herm, and the next coach fails horribly.

There is no guarantee that a new coach would bring us a Super Bowl. However, there was also no guarantee that Jon Gruden would bring the Bucs to the Super Bowl. And, of course, he did. There are people that are far more qualified to be an NFL head coach than Herman Edwards. What exactly makes him so great? The Tampa connection that has netted us studs like Donnie Abraham and Steve White? The brilliant cover 2 schemes he attempted to install, despite not having the proper personel to do so? His distinction as the only coach in the league that had to have someone standing beside him telling him when to call a timeout? His insistance on keeping Paul Hackett and his geriatric ideas as his offensive coordinator for nearly half a decade? Or is it because of the colorful bullsh*t he spouts to the media and the general losing mindset that a lot of Jets fans have? The feeling that making the playoffs is good enough. The thought that if we keep making the playoffs, eventually we'll luck up and win a Super Bowl. Like the Dolphins from 1974-03. But despite just two losing seasons in that 20 year span, not one Lombardi trophy. That must be like a wet dream for some of you Herm supporters.

That is like asking Cosby to give up his Jello Pudding or TomShane to give up his AnalIntruder3000. What else can we rehash over and over and over and over and over and over again?

:)

BZ

If you watched the Jaguars training camp thing last year on NFL Network they had a luau night.

It one of the things that bring a team together. You don't have to be KILL KILL KILL all the time in practice. Players need to blow of a little steam and have some fun.

Hey it's done in Fun!! See I don't get into name

calling like some Low life people do..So I just

kid around with the BBQ stuff because it drives

the Kool-Aid drinkers to drink...More Kool-Aid! :P

I actually think it a positive thing as well!!

But I also liked the Basketball Games that Pete Carroll

had that he got killed for including from Mr Hess!

As far as telling someone what they can or can't

post?? I was in the Military for 4 years and would

go tomorrow for your right of free speech..I guess

some think it only applies to themselves!! :wink:

I dont think anyone is saying that herm is a great coach. I think they are just saying that they SUPPORT him and feel that he is doing his job well enough to continue being employed.

I think they are saying that we could be a LOT worse off, and that with herm and his staff we can go pretty far

we all know herm has his issues, like clock management but the fact that he realized and admitted to it by hiring curl only shows that he is trying to improve.

No matter what, we win more games than we lose, we are very disciplined and we dont quit. thats a lot right there

you guys like bugg with the no superbowl=failed season are too hardcore and unrealistic. if you guys sent your kid to college, would you disown him if he didnt become the valor victorian of harvard?

ANTI-HERM

Here is why:

1) There are 2 coaches on staff that are better than Herm and have more experience than Herm. He might as well not even show up on gamedays.

2) I defy you Herm supporters to find me a single game where Herm out-coached his counterpart to a win. Name me ONE.

3) Herm has no knowledge of X's and O's. Proof? He had to defer completely to Paul Hackett to call the plays.

4) He spends more time with the media than he does with his team.

5) Herm has been making the same idiotic coaching mistakes in year 4 as he did in year 1.

That's about it, in a nutshell. I still hope we can win a Super Bowl while Herm is our head coach, but I feel that if we do win it, it will be more in SPITE of Herm than because of him.

ANTI-HERM

Here is why:

1) There are 2 coaches on staff that are better than Herm and have more experience than Herm. He might as well not even show up on gamedays.

2) I defy you Herm supporters to find me a single game where Herm out-coached his counterpart to a win. Name me ONE.

3) Herm has no knowledge of X's and O's. Proof? He had to defer completely to Paul Hackett to call the plays.

5) Herm has been making the same idiotic coaching mistakes in year 4 as he did in year 1.

I'd love to hear some responses from the Hermy lovers point-by-point to 80's post.

Pretty undisputable if you ask me.

I'd love to hear some responses from the Hermy lovers point-by-point to 80's post.

Pretty undisputable if you ask me.

Tx, I already have an idea of what they will say:

1) Where's the proof?

2) Can you prove that?

3) Any facts to back that up?

4) Yeah, but where is the EVIDENCE?

5) You're stupid.

ANTI-HERM

Here is why:

Herm has been an NFL HEad Coach for 4 years, with three playoff appearances. To my knowledge, neither our O-Co nor D-Co have ever been NFL HEad Coaches at any level. Hence Herm has more Head Coaching experience.

OK, Name me one game where you can DEFINITIVELY claim a move a head coach made (and not their Co) won their game. Enjoy researching THAT one...

I've agreed 100 times that Herm is NOT an X&O coach, he's a CEO-style coach and a leader

Patently false, and as assine claim IMO.

In time amangement, yes. But what else?

That's about it, in a nutshell. I still hope we can win a Super Bowl while Herm is our head coach, but I feel that if we do win it, it will be more in SPITE of Herm than because of him.

And your last line proves it: Nothing Herm does will win you over. Even a 16-0, Super Bowl season will result ina "Well, it was IN SPITE of Herm" response from you. Such pre-conceived rationalization removes any credabillity you think you might have had.

OK, Name me one game where you can DEFINITIVELY claim a move a head coach made (and not their Co) won their game. Enjoy researching THAT one...

Bill Belichick. 2003. Denver. Monday Night Football. Takes safety.

Do I win a prize?

Monday Night Game Pats at Denver 2003.

Pats are down by 1 late in the game and punting from their own end zone. BB has the center snap the ball over the punters head for an intentional safety.

Pats punt from their own 20 (great punt) and force the Broncos to go 3 and out and get the ball back with a little over a minute left.

Brady takes the Pats 75 yards and throws winning TD to Givens with seconds left on the clock.

Game, set, match. :wink:

And your last line proves it: Nothing Herm does will win you over. Even a 16-0, Super Bowl season will result ina "Well, it was IN SPITE of Herm" response from you. Such pre-conceived rationalization removes any credabillity you think you might have had.

I disagree Fish!! I think if Hermie came up with

a brilliant plan that helped us win the Bowl..Or

even a Game, 80 would give him credit as I and

many others probley would..Ok maybe not TS :mrgreen:

By the way, in all future arguments about coaches, I ADMIT Herm is not as good as Bellichek.

When I refer to Herm vs. Coaches, I mean the OTHER ones, not Bellichek (since it seems the only examples or alternate coaches you one-track-minders can EVER come up with is ol' Bill).

Lets mix it up, lets talk about the OTHER 30, the ones who are not 3-time Super Bowl winners, eh?

Ok, one time, from the 3-time Super Bowl winning Coach. Got anything else, or are the other 30 coaches all scrubs too?

When Al Groh left tell me the truth..Was the name

Herman Edwards on any Jet Fans mind as a HC for the

Jets?? I was thinking Lewis or Fox all the way!! =D>

Archived