TomShane

Pro Herm or Anti Herm?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Pro Herm or Anti Herm?

• Pro Herm
    • Anti-Herm
    • vehemently and/or rabidly anti-Herm

Based on what?? Other than Mad Hermie Love?? :roll:

It's not mad hermie love. i happen to think herm does a great job running the team. no he isn't gibbs, parcells, or belichick in terms of being an x's and o's coach - but he runs the team, has them prepared, and disciplined as well as anyone in football. if you watch herm on the NFL network you notice the way he manages the team - that's what herm does as well as anyone in the NFL. he is basically the CEO of the jets - providing an overall strategic plan and relying on senior managers to execute on that vision (westoff, hendu, dinger).

herm is the one accountable for that style, and if the team fails under his watch he will be fired. maybe then he'll try to call plays like fassel or holmgren (i would take herm over BOTH of them). but right now this is his style and it is working. this team has the tools to succeed this year. no, they are not the most talented in the league but they should still compete for the title. it may not come this year but Herm will win SB as HC of the NY Jets.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take Edwards over Gibbs, whom the game has passed by. But as to the rest, I'd take them. And again, you cannot be serious and say you'd rather have Edwards over Tuna. If you're asking who would be a better next door neighbor, Hermie might win, but he's not now or ever going to be in Parcells' league as a football coach.

I would take Edwards over Gibbs, whom the game has passed by. But as to the rest, I'd take them. And again, you cannot be serious and say you'd rather have Edwards over Tuna. If you're asking who would be a better next door neighbor, Hermie might win, but he's not now or ever going to be in Parcells' league as a football coach.

no way would i take dinger over herm.

i also think that gibbs team will be improved this year - the game hasn't passed him by, he just has a collection of prima-donna's that only want to get paid and an owner that is a bumbling idiot.

pass on lewis as well - he is in the same class as gregg williams, wade phillips, dick lebeau, and dom capers - good or great coordinators and lousy head coaches. that is the difference from herm - more of leader than a specialty coordinator.

as far as tuna - i would take tuna of years past but not today. i think he realizes he is close to the end and is willing to make gamble the future for a chance at today.

and what was win now parsells' record last year in the much softer nfc???

It's not mad hermie love. i happen to think herm does a great job running the team. no he isn't gibbs, parcells, or belichick in terms of being an x's and o's coach - but he runs the team, has them prepared, and disciplined as well as anyone in football. if you watch herm on the NFL network you notice the way he manages the team - that's what herm does as well as anyone in the NFL. he is basically the CEO of the jets - providing an overall strategic plan and relying on senior managers to execute on that vision (westoff, hendu, dinger).

herm is the one accountable for that style, and if the team fails under his watch he will be fired. maybe then he'll try to call plays like fassel or holmgren (i would take herm over BOTH of them). but right now this is his style and it is working. this team has the tools to succeed this year. no, they are not the most talented in the league but they should still compete for the title. it may not come this year but Herm will win SB as HC of the NY Jets.

he is basically the CEO of the jets - providing an overall strategic Plan

I remember that..Getting all his chicken wings in

a row!!

herm is the one accountable for that style, and if the team fails under his watch he will be fired. maybe then he'll try to call plays like fassel or holmgren (i would take herm over BOTH of them).

And you think this Marginal DB Coach can call plays

better then former OC's one of which was a Bill

Walsh asst?? Oh yeah your full of the Green Kool-aid

and ready for the season!! :lol::mrgreen::lol:

he is basically the CEO of the jets - providing an overall strategic Plan

I remember that..Getting all his chicken wings in

a row!!

herm is the one accountable for that style, and if the team fails under his watch he will be fired. maybe then he'll try to call plays like fassel or holmgren (i would take herm over BOTH of them).

And you think this Marginal DB Coach can call plays

better then former OC's one of which was a Bill

Walsh asst?? Oh yeah your full of the Green Kool-aid

and ready for the season!! :lol::mrgreen::lol:

bruce coslet could call a game, so could pete carrol - and how did they do in NY?

fassel's team quit on him in NY? has that ever happened to herm?

Bill walsh had many assistants, i assume you would take any of them over Herm. you have no logic behind your arguments - we get it, you hate herm end of story. i assume that if the jets have another good year it will be b/c of the assistants and not herm as HC. pick a side, take a stance and stick to it. your hatred of herm is coloring your opinion - you give the man credit for nothing. have you already forgotten about the history of this franchise? or are still bitter about groh going to UVA. personally, i would take herm over the majority of NFL coaches and all of the available ones. you can have lebeau, coslet, carrol, lewis, capers - all great signal callers.

bruce coslet could call a game, so could pete carrol - and how did they do in NY?

fassel's team quit on him in NY? has that ever happened to herm?

Bill walsh had many assistants, i assume you would take any of them over Herm. you have no logic behind your arguments - we get it, you hate herm end of story. i assume that if the jets have another good year it will be b/c of the assistants and not herm as HC. pick a side, take a stance and stick to it. your hatred of herm is coloring your opinion - you give the man credit for nothing. have you already forgotten about the history of this franchise? or are still bitter about groh going to UVA. personally, i would take herm over the majority of NFL coaches and all of the available ones. you can have lebeau, coslet, carrol, lewis, capers - all great signal callers.

But I don't hate Herm!! I think he's a great person!

I just don't think he's a Great Coach! If you Guys

would stop comparing him to the Tuna and Coaches

that have been to the Big Show I'd never Post

anything negative!! It's like GimmeShelter knocking

Boozer before! Then I put Facts up and the Crickets

start chirping!! :roll: And I didn't say any of

those OC's were Great Coaches although Fassel was

in the Bowl and Holmgren won 1! But your saying in

the History of the Franchise Hermie has the best

record? Yes based on the Team the Tuna gave him!

You really think he's a better Coach then Weeb was?

Who won Championships in the AFL and the NFL??

Hermie Love at it's finast!! :mrgreen:

So, everything else as it is today, who do you take as your HC:

Joe Gibbs or Herm Edwards?

Tuna Parcells or Herm Edwards?

Marvin Lewis or Herm Edwards?

Dinger or Herm Edwards?

Gibbs looked like a fish out of water last year. Forget it.

What has Tuna ever won without Lawrenece Taylor? He sure looked good In Dallas last year, didn't he?

Lewis, maybe. But his team took a step back last year too.

Dinger? Who knows? No track record.

I still haven't heard an answer to a question that was posted back on an early page in this thread..... of any coach that is available (repeat AVAILABLE) right now, who would you replace Herm with? If you want Herm to go, you better have a replacement. Just rememeber, the last time we talked like this, we got Rich Kotite. Anyone want to do that again?

Gibbs looked like a fish out of water last year. Forget it.

What has Tuna ever won without Lawrenece Taylor? He sure looked good In Dallas last year, didn't he?

Lewis, maybe. But his team took a step back last year too.

Dinger? Who knows? No track record.

I still haven't heard an answer to a question that was posted back on an early page in this thread..... of any coach that is available (repeat AVAILABLE) right now, who would you replace Herm with? If you want Herm to go, you better have a replacement. Just rememeber, the last time we talked like this, we got Rich Kotite. Anyone want to do that again?

If you don't like Donnie Henderson how about the OC

from the Bronco's??What's his face??LOL

If you don't like Donnie Henderson how about the OC

from the Bronco's??What's his face??LOL

while a firm herm apologist - i actually like ferentz from iowa. i don't know if wants to leave iowa and there is always a lot of risk in coaches making the transition but he is pretty strong.

In 2003, Parcells took a terrible Cowboys team to the playoffs in his first year there. He is also responsible for completely turning around three other franchises (Giants, Patriots, JETS).

What has Herm proven to be good at, other than sitting on another coach's nest egg and hoping it hatches?

I hope I am doing this right ( I have never posted B4). I am a Herm Fan. Of course I don't really love the Jets being a dolphins fan, but you guys don't know how good you have it. Herm is a great coach with a good support staff. I will say he does not manage the clock the best. But look at my poor team... I would give anything for herm to be our coach

I hope I am doing this right ( I have never posted B4). I am a Herm Fan. Of course I don't really love the Jets being a dolphins fan, but you guys don't know how good you have it. Herm is a great coach with a good support staff. I will say he does not manage the clock the best. But look at my poor team... I would give anything for herm to be our coach

See? The rest of the NFL is all about the HERM!

:)

BZ

So, everything else as it is today, who do you take as your HC:

Joe Gibbs or Herm Edwards?

Tuna Parcells or Herm Edwards?

Marvin Lewis or Herm Edwards?

Dinger or Herm Edwards?

Are you trying to give me an aneurysm? Gibbs, Parcells, Lewis OVER Herm? You mufuggas are INSANE. You give Gibbs OUR roster and he'd have a Super Bowl in two seasons. Parcells is the ONLY REASON THAT THE JETS HAVE ANY TALENT AT ALL or don't you REMEMBER 1-15!!!!!!!???!??????????? You Hermaphrodites are out of your minds.

But I don't hate Herm!! I think he's a great person!

I just don't think he's a Great Coach! If you Guys

would stop comparing him to the Tuna and Coaches

that have been to the Big Show I'd never Post

anything negative!! It's like GimmeShelter knocking

Boozer before! Then I put Facts up and the Crickets

start chirping!! :roll: And I didn't say any of

those OC's were Great Coaches although Fassel was

in the Bowl and Holmgren won 1! But your saying in

the History of the Franchise Hermie has the best

record? Yes based on the Team the Tuna gave him!

You really think he's a better Coach then Weeb was?

Who won Championships in the AFL and the NFL??

Hermie Love at it's finast!! :mrgreen:

Never knocked Boozer so save the pat on the back you just gave yourself.

I don't even rank Martin as my favorite Jet back but do get a kick out of your agenda in spite of how boring and repetitive it has become.

Point is , fans and sports writers alike will on occassion say something positive about Martin and possibly even Herm without having you proof read and approve it first.

So once and a while just let those posts go.

The board will survive without "Agenda Man" defending it's readers from all positive Herm and Curtis content.

You stat-padding bitch!

They lost him after Herm said he was our team's MVP (jacking up his price) and at the same time (with Wayne having a contract that made him uncuttable) snubbing his star WR (who was not under contract) by saying we needed to get bigger at WR.

So you CREDIT Herm for this???

Keep 'em coming, Max. I can always use the batting practice.

Bro typically someone else tells you when you hit it out of the park. And after reading your comments it seems like you only have warning track power.

Enough. Let's just narrow it down to one opponent, the New England Patriots (and please, don't even try to make these guys out to be Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys; they are peers and little more):

oct 24 lost 7-13

dec 27 lost 7-23

Herm's jets scored a whopping 14 points in two meetings; both losses.

Sept 21 lost 16-23

Dec 20 lost 16-21

You can really get a 6th sense for all that motivating the master motivator does, by watching tapes of both of those games.

Sept 15 lost 7-44

Dec 22 won 30-17

Ah yes, desperation time. Herm's teams always do just enough to salvage a season; Olindo Mare would provide the rest!

Sept 23 won 10-3

Dec 2 lost 17-16

The Jets should have swept the Pats that year; but Hermy and Hacky found a way to blow it!

I still can see that shot of Kevin Mawae's face as they left the field, clearly handing a W over to a very beatable Pat's team- a team that the Jets should have swept. Mawae had that look in his face like he wanted to bludgeon Hackett (or Herm).

It would be 3 more (wasted) seasons before Hacky got the ol' heave ho.

So there you have it.

2-6 against the Patriots in four seasons.

Enough. Let's just narrow it down to one opponent, the New England Patriots (and please, don't even try to make these guys out to be Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys; they are peers and little more)

So Tex.....you feeling a little conflicted here, aren't ya...

On the one hand, you've been a leading Herm basher in this thread, a definite "Herm has no talent" voice-leader.

On the other hand, Moses here just said your three time Super Bowl Champion Pats were "peers, and nothing more" to the various Herm teams, and not even comprable to the Johnson Boys', as his reasoning why Herm sucks so.

Hmmmm.....which way will old Tex come down on THIS one??? Should be interesting, one way or the other. :mrgreen:

Actually I'd like to see the Hermaphrodites rationalization of 2-6. I'd like to see them try and make Bellichiks Patriots out to be some unstoppable force, ala Jimmy Johnsons Cowboys.

My point is, and remains:

A coaching staff that actually knew what it was doing would have finished better than 2-6 against the Patriots between 2001-2004.

On the one hand, you've been a leading Herm basher in this thread, a definite "Herm has no talent" voice-leader.

On the other hand, Moses here just said your three time Super Bowl Champion Pats were "peers, and nothing more" to the various Herm teams, and not even comprable to the Johnson Boys', as his reasoning why Herm sucks so.

Hmmmm.....which way will old Tex come down on THIS one??? Should be interesting, one way or the other. :mrgreen:

Warfish, the Pats are our peers.

The only thing seperating the two teams is coaching. In fact, I think personel wise, the Jets have had better teams. Especially in 2001.

Think about it; if Bradway had hired a HC that actually knew what he was doing, the Jets never would have cut the five players that went over to New England and helped them win a championship instead.

Hows that for "warning track power", Max? :lol:

I am Pro-Herm. I was Anti-Hackett, big time. Herm is a winner. As bad as he is with clock management, he is that good with the players. He did not miss the two kicks in the Pittsburgh game. If you notice, he gets rid of the dead weight after every season. This year, if our kicking game is solid, if Adrian Jones can play, and if Ty Law signs...Watch out!

I would describe a peer (team) as someone with somewhat equal talent and equal end results.

A 2-6 record against an opponent hardly would qualify that as a "peer".

And Fish buddy, I have never said Hermy has "no talent" but rather have said he is in way over his head as a HC. :wink:

In the Championship game between the Steelers and the Patriots, the first Patriot field goal was farther than both of Brien's kicks. Not Herm's fault.

How does that have any relevance? Adam Vinatieri kicked that field goal. Not Doug Brien. Are you trying to tell me that their talents are equal? Because that's what it sounds like.

Warfish, the Pats are our peers.

Moses, to quote an ex-Jet HC:

"You are what your record says you are".

Over the last four years, the Jets have NOT been the Pats peers.

Spin it (or make excuses) any way you want, a 2-6 record is pretty pathetic against a divisional rival.

Archived