Chad era begins in Miami...

victorjets

2 runs for 18 yards

Even though the Jets O-Line did not kill him, that O-Line might.

I like Chad. I wish he held out to see if any other offers came in before he signed with the Phins. I know he wanted to start. But he may have started for KC, Chicago or Minnesota.

I wish him nothing but the best.

Jets fans don't know O-Line problems until they watch a bit of the Dolphins games.

Wow!

Best wishes, Chad.

I hope they keep him in all game the next 2 preseason games, so Chad throws out his arm and is back to the ducks by the time we roll around. I think we will still win, but the true sucky Chad won't show up till like week 5-7 most likely, and then he'll stink until they get a bye. Then he'll have 2 good games again and suck again the rest of the way out. That is Chad for you.

Same problem for Chadwick: No TDs. That was his downfall with us, and what will doom Miami with him at the helm this year. Good. Enjoy the field goal barrage Miami fans.
They put up 10 points with him in there, we put up 7 with Favre, just saying.

If they can score TD's handing the ball off to Williams why risk throwing it?

its whether u win or lose. obviously.

GO BRETT! but i hope chad gives us a run for our money. which is apparently the most important thing in football.

not really sure yet if i can watch us play against chad in teal...

:baby:

JETS JETS JETS!!!!

Same problem for Chadwick: No TDs. That was his downfall with us, and what will doom Miami with him at the helm this year. Good. Enjoy the field goal barrage Miami fans.

Hard to blame Pennington because Ricky got in the endzone instead of not getting in. He seemed to have a decent outing. Though it was filled with some trademark dumpoffs or nobody's-open-quite-enough-for Chad over 10-15 yards when there was long yardage to go.

That doesn't mean I think he would necessarily even be top 30 on my QB wish list. Being better than a handful right this minute doesn't mean I'd rather have him.

He threw 6 passes & they scored 10 points. Wish it was like that more when we had him. Usually if it did, it involved a kickoff return TD and just the FG was behind Pennington.

And the time he chokes is under pressure when there's a meaningful game on the line or if he's not getting great production out of his ground game. Not in pre-season when Ricky Williams is getting 6 yards or a first down or a touchdown on 5 straight carries in the same series.

I don't think 10 points in 3 posessions was a bad outing at all.

I don't think 10 points in 3 posessions was a bad outing at all.

No, but then he had only 22 yards passing on that drive (where they had the added advantage of starting out on their 43). Another 20 yards give-or-take and it's doubtful they would have scored a TD. Pennington's game (usually) requires 90% accuracy to get a touchdown. When he's at 65-75% we seem get FG's, and any less than that we usually punt (if it's not intercepted outright).

Still, theres' nothing wrong with this outing from him. He's been with the Dolphins for 1 week.

Chad had complete command of the field last night, he stepped up like a true veteran and marched his team down the field. He had zip and accuracy on the ball and had great chemistry with his line and recievers. He found Ginn in the middle for a beautiful 20 yard strike and used great technique in selling the play action. Against a very solid Jacksonville first team defense Miamis offense shoved the ball down field with a mix of grace and power culminating in a 4 yard Ricky Williams TD. Very exciting times in Miami, it truly is "a new beginning".

Feels good to win again!!

Chad had complete command of the field last night, he stepped up like a true veteran and marched his team down the field. He had zip and accuracy on the ball and had great chemistry with his line and recievers. He found Ginn in the middle for a beautiful 20 yard strike and used great technique in selling the play action. Against a very solid Jacksonville first team defense Miamis offense shoved the ball down field with a mix of grace and power culminating in a 4 yard Ricky Williams TD. Very exciting times in Miami, it truly is "a new beginning".

Don't get used to it. You know you need actual talent to win games right?

We should let PatsfanTx back in here so he can reply to this drivel like we know he can.

I'm typing this on my laptop in my hotel room in Jacksonville right now.....

So I drove up to the game last night. Chad looked GREAT. His arm really looked damn good, driving the ball with zip into the receivers chest etc etc. His leadership out there was obvious, clearly he's already got the lockerroom on his side. I saw him on the sidelines and I waved hi to him from the stands, and I think he waved back!

We're gonna miss Chad alot. Go phins.

I can repost it in the lounge for him. I think I can take tx in a Chad debate... Maybe.

I guess nobody remembers, the reason why he got banned is because he lost the debate lol. If he had won the debate he'd probably still be here. Max was kinda shifty there imo, he didn't mention that upfront. TX mighta tried harder if he knew what the stakes were.

So I drove up to the game last night. Chad looked GREAT. His arm really looked damn good, driving the ball with zip into the receivers chest etc etc. His leadership out there was obvious, clearly he's already got the lockerroom on his side. I saw him on the sidelines and I waved hi to him from the stands, and I think he waved back!

Someone finally sees the light, I knew you'd come around.;-)

I won't. Enjoy your new QB. Wait.

They showed a clip of Penny practicing during the game today...God I do NOT miss those 3 yard lobs

Chad was chicken in the pocket last year. And his accuracy, for whatever that was worth at 8 yards a pop, was not as good as it had been. QB's throw those late game INTs when they are very raw, or when they are on the way out. Chad is on the way out.

Archived