Yanks are done

Green Jets & Ham

I ain't got nothing more to say ... it's over ... Yanks are toast

Congrats to the Red Sox on winning the A.L. East, and the Oakland A's on winning the wild card

This team is a mess ... a 200 million dollar boondoggle

Now we'll have to reload at seasons end and see if we can turn this thing around ... hopefully GENE MICHAEL will be pulling the strings and Brian Cashman will be destroying someone elses baseball team

As for this year ... the decade of post season appearances is over, end of story

I hope you Yankee fans know that youre not getting off that easily. Not after bringing in Sheffield, A-hole, and Randy Johnson...not after spending $200 million.

Just because youre admitting your season is over in mid-August doesnt mean we are going to relent AT ALL...isnt that right TomShane?

Expect yours truly, Tom, 80, Mike Martz and other GENIUS posters of the like to show NO mercy!

Here's to hoping the Yankees don't quit as easily some of their fans.

A rule I tend to follow with my teams....if you have some talent on your roster, and you're a five or six game winning streak away from being within a game or two of first place, I don't give in. Now if this deficit were to grow to 10-13 games, it's time to concede..until then, I don't give up on em. But hey, thats just me.

I ain't got nothing more to say ... it's over ... Yanks are toast

Congrats to the Red Sox on winning the A.L. East, and the Oakland A's on winning the wild card

This team is a mess ... a 200 million dollar bondoggle

Now we'll have to reload at seasons end and see if we can turn this thing around ... hopefully GENE MICHAEL will be pulling the strings and Brian Cashman will be destroying someone elses baseball team

As for this year ... the decade of post season appearances is over, end of story

Dear Mr. Mulligan,

The Oakland A's would like to inform you that the Wild Card is not in their immediate plans.

The Yanks only have 4 tough series the rest of the way with Oakland and Boston being 3 of said series.

Take care of your own business and you make the play-offs.

Yanks get in.

Mets will be a close call.

Bona fide Yankee hater Mad Dog pointed out yesterday on the radio...

that providing the Red Sox go 30-20 (not asking too much seeing as how they've played over .500 all season long) the rest of the way...

The Yankees will need to go AT LEAST 36-14, something they'd be hard pressed to do even when they were good.

Forget the division! Also, forget how many tough series the Yankees have, everybody is tough when youre old and tired. Tell me how many tough series the A's and Angels have left seeing as how the Yankees NEED them to lose!

26 to 5.

26 to 2.

But the Yankees are done.

But at least we have our rings.

YOU have 26 rings...that sounds effeminate. Maybe you need to rent out "Its PAT!" and decide which gender you belong to.

The 25-2 reference is CACA...no mets fan was hollering at yank fans..we have been civil.

LL

YOU have 26 rings...that sounds effeminate. Maybe you need to rent out "Its PAT!" and decide which gender you belong to.

The 25-2 reference is CACA...no mets fan was hollering at yank fans..we have been civil.

LL

YOU have been civil, LL. No question.

That Jetsfan80, on the other hand, is a little bitch.

YOU have been civil, LL. No question.

That Jetsfan80, on the other hand, is a little b!tch.

Ok, Bob..I will grant you that. I cannot speak for 80..he is on some type of trip....

As for us civil Mets fans, we have our own concerns.We are 3 games back in the WC and still alive...barely.

As for the yanks, it comes down to two things...age and pitching.

The yanks never got younger and the pitching has been bad.

Maybe if they don't make the playoffs, they can start getting younger...need to lop off some dead wood...Bernie, posada, tino....the yanks need t o get younger...

LL

Not going to let you jump back on

Won't do it!!

I 2nd this notion! :lol:

Yankees are not done. It happens every season, some teams get hot and other teams go in slumps, this happens to contending teams as well. Maybe the Angels fade real bad and the Yankees take the wildcard.

Remember we still play the red sox again, so if we can pick up 3 games in the next few weeks we put ourselves into a position to take over the division if we sweep them in the series.

I love Yankee fans, but some just jumpthegun too often.......HAM!! :lol:

Didn't say that from birth-Oct. 2004, did you?

Actually, I did. I never understood how something that happened in the past had to do with the current season.

I understand thumping your chest because your team has won 26 WS.

What I don't understand is saying that the Sox will lose because the Yanks have 26 titles. The two are mutually exclusive.

i would agree if the they didn't play the teams that are directly ahead of them.

if the yanks beat up on the sox they may just take the division. otherwise they have to beat the a's head to head.

the 1 thing is for sure, the yankees must take care of business against the royals, devil rays, and mariners.

12-4 vs. royals/rays/mariners

4-2 vs. sox

2-1 vs a's

5-2 vs. o's

total = 23 - 9

9-8 vs. toronto, tx, chicago

32-17 very well may win the division, it should get the wc.

All teams the Yankees would have to catch and the Yanks all have about 50 games left. If the Sawx, Angels and As all go .500, the Yanks have to go 30-20 to catch one of them. And you have to think that at least 2 of them will go better than .500. Really, to lock up a playoff spot, the Yanks would either have to have all 3 teams collapse(highly unlikely) and still play .600, or catch either the Sawx or the west loser (or the Indians) by winning 35 of 50 games-.700 ball. With the Yankees awful pitching, no CFer and Torre pretending he actually knows what he's doing, there's no way. The math doesn't work.

• 1 month later...
All teams the Yankees would have to catch and the Yanks all have about 50 games left. If the Sawx, Angels and As all go .500, the Yanks have to go 30-20 to catch one of them. And you have to think that at least 2 of them will go better than .500. Really, to lock up a playoff spot, the Yanks would either have to have all 3 teams collapse(highly unlikely) and still play .600, or catch either the Sawx or the west loser (or the Indians) by winning 35 of 50 games-.700 ball. With the Yankees awful pitching, no CFer and Torre pretending he actually knows what he's doing, there's no way. The math doesn't work.

It's looking like it will happen, at least from the record standpoint. The Yankees are ahead of the required pace you set back then.

Archived