Justin Miller Cut: MERGED

jetslove

It's interesting the pats fans have selected the name "Fredo"

As if the stealing of $1,000,000 from a dying old man, and the betrayal of the real "Godfather" of the NFL, the Tuna, isn't worthy of a .38 behind the ear.

Thursday night "The Weasel" sleeps with fishes.

I keep hearing about all this money BB supposedly stole.

If he did in fact breach the contract, why didnt Hess or someone responsible for his estate sue BB? There was never a lawsuit.Why?

The way you people tell it its an open and shut case.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he did in fact breach the contract, why didnt Hess or someone responsible for his estate sue BB? There was never a lawsuit.Why?

way back in 2000, even Peter King thought Belly was 'morally' wrong..

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2000/09/11/mmqb0911/

You must not have any friends or own a business. Top businessmen have operated on this type of understanding for years, a handshake deal is legally binding. In fact, the biggest lawsuit in history, was based on a handshake deal: Pennzoil v. Texaco for $100 Billion.

The handshake deal was BB coach the team, and he got money for that. He took the money and ran. The NFL punished the Pats for it, you must not have noticed all the draft picks you were missing over the years. That's why there was no lawsuit, plus the guy was already dead. Most of the time you don't get into a lawsuit for that anyway, you just blackball the other guy. Texaco was another example of being blackballed for pulling that too, the company had to file for bankruptcy because nobody would do business with them.

You must not have any friends or own a business. Top businessmen have operated on this type of understanding for years, a handshake deal is legally binding. In fact, the biggest lawsuit in history, was based on a handshake deal: Pennzoil v. Texaco for $100 Billion.

The handshake deal was BB coach the team, and he got money for that. He took the money and ran. The NFL punished the Pats for it, you must not have noticed all the draft picks you were missing over the years. That's why there was no lawsuit, plus the guy was already dead. Most of the time you don't get into a lawsuit for that anyway, you just blackball the other guy. Texaco was another example of being blackballed for pulling that too, the company had to file for bankruptcy because nobody would do business with them.

.... kind of like when Parcells skipped town after negotiating a deal to bolt for the Jets prior to the Patriots Superbowl, even thouigh he was under contract? If I remember correctly, he did set the precedent for draft pick compensation for HC's.....right?

Anyway, seems to me, people still do business with Tuna. I'm willing to bet that a gazilion people will do business with BB once he's on the market. I sometimes wonder if people will do business with Mangini in the future, though.

The NFL don't like to resolve this kind of issue on the court. They make every effort to keep this decisions inside the league. So, the Pats are forced to give draft pick's for Belichick.

The ironic thing is that Belichick HIMSELF had the audacity to file a lawsuit against the NFL and AT THE SAME TIME, was begging for Woody Johnson to give his Head Coach job back.

Belichump is the worst.

.... kind of like when Parcells skipped town after negotiating a deal to bolt for the Jets prior to the Patriots Superbowl, even thouigh he was under contract? If I remember correctly, he did set the precedent for draft pick compensation for HC's.....right?

Anyway, seems to me, people still do business with Tuna. I'm willing to bet that a gazilion people will do business with BB once he's on the market. I sometimes wonder if people will do business with Mangini in the future, though.

Parcells never stole money from a old man in his deathbed.

SUITORS LINING UP FOR MILLER?

Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2008, 2:43 p.m.

When the New York Jets dumped cornerback Justin Miller in order to create a spot for cornerback Ty Law, other teams apparently have lined up to get a crack at him.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network suggests that multiple teams could put in a waivers claim for Miller in advance of Wednesday

When the New York Jets dumped cornerback Justin Miller in order to create a spot for cornerback Ty Law, other teams apparently have lined up to get a crack at him.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network suggests that multiple teams could put in a waivers claim for Miller in advance of Wednesday

Not surprising. No doubt that he has a lot of raw ability. I have to assume he has real attitude problems with mangini finally giving up on him.

If it were an attitude problem he'd have been jettisoned long ago. I guess its more an inability to adapt to the CB position as envisioned by Mr Mangini. He was as far from consistent as it gets. His contract staus made him expendable, especially as he wasnt contributing.

The NFL don't like to resolve this kind of issue on the court. They make every effort to keep this decisions inside the league. So, the Pats are forced to give draft pick's for Belichick.

The ironic thing is that Belichick HIMSELF had the audacity to file a lawsuit against the NFL and AT THE SAME TIME, was begging for Woody Johnson to give his Head Coach job back.

Belichump is the worst.

Whhhaaaatttt????

Compensation for BB was set by the douchbag before him, Parcells.

I'm super curious about BB begging Woody for his job back though. Please explain and provide some proof.

I would bet that most of the teams that end up persuing him do so as a kicker returner first and a cornerback second. We don't have the need that some other teams do in the kick return game to warrant carrying a guy who is basically a fifth corner.

Yep, that's my thinking as well and a reason why I thought he'd never make it to the Pats. Too many teams with worse records than the Pats need special teams help and an occassional CB (which Miller is).

I would bet that most of the teams that end up persuing him do so as a kicker returner first and a cornerback second. We don't have the need that some other teams do in the kick return game to warrant carrying a guy who is basically a fifth corner.

Good post. I tend to agree. For all the talent he showed in college he always seemed lost on defense.

If it were an attitude problem he'd have been jettisoned long ago. I guess its more an inability to adapt to the CB position as envisioned by Mr Mangini. He was as far from consistent as it gets. His contract staus made him expendable, especially as he wasnt contributing.

He was the starting CB throughout TC and into the pre-season until he got hurt. He hasn't played a down on defense this year. He has deteriorated as a CB that much in practice the few weeks since he has rejoined the team??? I think it is something else. Good Lord, Coleman is horrible, and at least Miller is a great KO returner.

Whhhaaaatttt????

Compensation for BB was set by the douchbag before him, Parcells.

I'm super curious about BB begging Woody for his job back though. Please explain and provide some proof.

After Tags declared that Belichick was still in contract with the Jets, he was afraid that he could stay a long time out of football. So he asked the Jets for his job back and Woody said GFY. Belicheat was humiliated and have nothing but utter hate for everything Jets ever since.

This was all forgotten after Belichick cheated his way to three rings, but he still remembers Woody disdain before every Jets game.

I'm willing to bet that a gazilion people will do business with BB once he's on the market. I sometimes wonder if people will do business with Mangini in the future, though.

LOL

I love when people call Jets fans deluded. We're not the only ones.

If people are willing to do business with Belichick, they'll do it with Mangini. If he never gets another job, it'll be because he's a mediocre football coach, not because of Spygate.

Archived