Justin Miller Cut: MERGED

jetslove

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we saw Miller catch and return one kick this year Bart and who's to say he hasn't lost that half step that made him a good KOR man....as I said I think it could have a lot to do with the cap that we let him go and signed Ty Law

We needed to make space for Ty Law & the Jets confirmed it on their site that this was the reason for the cut...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/blog/posts/806-mangini-makes-it-official-law-s-back-in-green

Midseason? Doubtful.

The players on the roster are there already. Considering the system and Miller's injury history, there's really no legit reason to believe he's good enough to warrant keeping in the event that Leon gets hurt. He blew an ACL, and has sucked ever since. Return men don't get better as they get older and blow ligaments in their legs.

Lets not forget that the years in-between Chad Morton (good return guy) and Miller/Leon (great return men) our KO return game was nothing special. Why risk losing that when you can cut a player who contributes absolutely nothing, like Eric Smith?

Simple really, Smith has at least been able to get on the field. He may suck, but Miller really does suck that much more. Which is pretty crazy.

This team isnt good enough to where we can afford to lose any ground in any phase of the game. And thats exactly what would happen now if Leon had to stop returning kicks (for w/e reason).

It's also not deep enough to waste roster spots on bad players. In the event of sacrificing chance for depth, I'll take depth every time.

The question you should be asking yourself is this: What have you seen out of Miller at any point in time that leads you to believe he's still an elite return man?

I understand he has been injured all season but he is when healthy a good corner and a very good kick returner they should have released eric smith.

When has Miller EVER been a good CB in the NFL?? Ever?? In fact, has he ever managed to play CB in a game not including trhe preseason? He's been a nicleback and dimeback at times and apparantly now he isn't even good enough to do that. He msucks and wastes roster space. Good riddance to yet another DuhHerm guy.

Hey bro - you still out of the country? You going to be able to see the game?

Yeah, I'm still in Sydney. The first thing that I did when I got here was find a sports bar that would be showing the game. Mission accomplished. The only issue is that it starts at 12:15 in the afternoon on Friday (16 hour time difference from NY) but I will clear the calendar and will be the noisy obnoxious American celebrating a huge victory.

If he were going to be a Patriot I think we would've heard about it by now.

We'll see.

Possibly the Jets may have a side deal with him. They might have said "Don't sign with NE, we will resign you after Thursdays game when we will cut either Feely or Nuge OR IR Eric Smith".

If he were going to be a Patriot I think we would've heard about it by now.

We'll see.

Possibly the Jets may have a side deal with him. They might have said "Don't sign with NE, we will resign you after Thursdays game when we will cut either Feely or Nuge OR IR Eric Smith".

I read he cant be signed until he clears waivers, so he couldnt talk to the pats until tomorrow afternoon.

Washington made a probowl as a SpT'er last year. Are you seriously upset we cut him? He was as useless as useless gets.

He's had, IMO, enough time. The injury seems to have been too much to overcome. I thought we "stole" him when we drafted him.

Archived