Coles at it again!

LockeJET

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Coles-The-Jugs-machine-throws-harder-than-Favre?urn=nfl,127561

Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:24 pm EST

Coles: The Jugs machine throws harder than Favre

ept_sports_rumors-203532340-1193917237.jpg?ym280X.CSoJD.MfSGetty Images

Not everyone on the New York Jets is enamored of having future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as his quarterback, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Laveranues Coles, in fact, sounded almost bitter at the impact Favre's arrival in New York has had on him. Listen to snippets of his conference call with Bay Area reporters last week:

"We're in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. ... I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for."

"I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else. Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it."

Source: San Francisco Chroniclenewwin12_1.gif

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Coles-The-Jugs-machine-throws-harder-than-Favre?urn=nfl,127561

Not everyone on the New York Jets is enamored of having future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as his quarterback, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. Laveranues Coles, in fact, sounded almost bitter at the impact Favre's arrival in New York has had on him. Listen to snippets of his conference call with Bay Area reporters last week:

"We're in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. ... I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for."

"I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else. Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it."

I wish LC would shut up and get open. I guess he would prefer noodle arm and 4-12

I'm pretty sure there is already a thread on this, but it's not that big of a deal. It's clearly a cherry-picked article used to stir up some drama. Mangini actually addressed this at his presser today....He said he talks to both LC and Favre frequently and that this was just a writer who decided to pick and choose what to say.

Last weeks news Rhodes.

Wow. Really Laveranues? A machine created to launch the ball hard and far can throw harder than a 39 year old Quarterback with 17+ seasons of NFL games under his belt? You don't say!

That's what I love about football. We learn new stuff everyday Joe . :P

Coles got open enough early in the season. In fact, his good games are what sparked the win streak.

People have been jumping on Coles for a long time, and the fact is that he is one of the best Jets ever. I would take this "controversy" more seriously if people didnt have their pantyhose in a bunch a couple of years ago when Coles said that Mangini's workouts were tough. Imagine-just getting through with two hours of workout in the broiling July sun and then saying these workouts are tough. Hang the guy!!

he did lose his butt buddy when chad got released. guess hes bitter that Keller comes through more than he ever has.

"Keller comes through more than he ever has."

LC is a hypocrit baby, but i doubt we want to make those kinds of statements. LC has come through plenty, while Keller is promising, He's had one or two good games and he DID drop a huge pass on third down that was a drive killer sunday. Let's calm it down just a bit.

Forgive me for not reading all 9 pages of this, but is there a transcript that includes the questions that led to these comments?

BTW, has anyone actually tried to catch a pass from a Jugs machine? I believe Stewart Scott's missing eyeball thinks it launches the ball pretty f***ing hard. I think these quotes are way out of context.

Archived