Part of me wants to root for the Cardinals, but the other part of me is just bitter

Fishooked

Yeah, Im bitter. What's it to ya? Wtf are these perennial doormats doing in the SB?

To see the Bidwill's arguably some of the cheapest skinflints in all of sports holding that trophy...I just wanted to be sick.

Their 'fans' couldnt even sellout their first playoff game and needed an extension so their game wouldn't be blacked out.

I mean, what's next, a Lions/Chiefs Super Bowl?

Normally I'd root for underdogs and perennial losers like the Cards, but right now Im just...... :fan: :fan::fan:

Yeah, Im bitter. What's it to ya? Wtf are these perennial doormats doing in the SB?

To see the Bidwill's arguably some of the cheapest skinflints in all of sports holding that trophy...I just wanted to be sick.

Their 'fans' couldnt even sellout their first playoff game and needed an extension so their game wouldn't be blacked out.

Normally I'd root for underdogs and perennial losers like the Cards, but right now Im just...... :fan: :fan::fan:

If their owners are cheap then what does that make the rest of the NFL owners?

Did they pay for their new beautiful stadium? Two starting QB salaries... two top WR's... good money for Edge... they pay up for talent...

One day, I hope some fan from another team feels the same way about us. Let them enjoy it I say.

If their owners are cheap then what does that make the rest of the NFL owners?

Did they pay for their new beautiful stadium? Two starting QB salaries... two top WR's... good money for Edge... they pay up for talent...

That never used to be the case.

The only reason they started spending more is because the NFL raised its 'floor' as a result of the CBA.

That ***** Bidwill fled to Arizona after he demanded that a replacement for Busch Stadium be built, which he never got.

Kicked the crap out of them?

Or had the game handed to them by Delhomme?

Did Delhomme stop DeAngello Williams and Jonathan Stewart?

Did Jake Delhomme get burned by Larry Fitzgerald all game long?

Their defense is light years better. Darnell Docket has been unblockable, Karlos Dansby is a sound tackler, Antonio Smith sets the edge nicely and Adrian Wilson is a menace in the box.

They have the best player in the league in Larry Fitzgerald, the running game is doing enough and Kurt Warner is playing at a Hall of Fame level.

They deserve to be where they are.

Did Delhomme stop DeAngello Williams and Jonathan Stewart?

Did Jake Delhomme get burned by Larry Fitzgerald all game long?

Their defense is light years better. Darnell Docket has been unblockable, Karlos Dansby is a sound tackler, Antonio Smith sets the edge nicely and Adrian Wilson is a menace in the box.

They have the best player in the league in Larry Fitzgerald, the running game is doing enough and Kurt Warner is playing at a Hall of Fame level.

They deserve to be where they are.

I still have my bitterness and there's nothing you can do to talk me out of it so take that, troll.

PS Chad Pennington sucks.

:biggrin:

Part of me is bitter. The other part of me is even more bitter.

That's prolly closer to how I feel. Im 100% bitter.

Call me crazy, but if the Steelers play the Cards, I think the Cards win.

And get ready to hear the whole Whisenhunt/Grimm storyline like eleventy-billion times leading up to the game...

Its weird. Normally I'm always pulling for the underdogs. But something about this Cardinals team rubs me the wrong way.

Of course it could be a combination of the following:

1) Knowing that we kicked the crap out of them (despite the Bob Sutton prevent defense)

2) That it shows how wide open the championship was to be won this year (combined with the Jets looking as good as anybody when they were 8-3)

3) Yet another team that we cannot point to when we say "Well, at least we're not fans of these guys, they've never been to a super bowl."

I feel ya Fish. Its disgusting.

The worst part is that the Cardinals made it to the SB before the Jets in my lifetime. Makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm rooting for the Cards, they have played well in the playoffs. Let this be a lesson to all of those that say "I'd rather not even make the playoffs, we will just get our asses kicked anyway". Anything is possible once you get in. I'm all for the underdog here, though if the Ravens win, they were a 6 seed and technically the underdog.

Its weird. Normally I'm always pulling for the underdogs. But something about this Cardinals team rubs me the wrong way.

Of course it could be a combination of the following:

1) Knowing that we kicked the crap out of them (despite the Bob Sutton prevent defense)

2) That it shows how wide open the championship was to be won this year (combined with the Jets looking as good as anybody when they were 8-3)

3) Yet another team that we cannot point to when we say "Well, at least we're not fans of these guys, they've never been to a super bowl."

Heh, at least the Cardinals can beat teams in the NFC West. If that game was in Arizona, the Jets probably get blown out, the trip out West really took a toll on the Cardinals obviously. The Pats blew them out too.

I'm not bitter at all. When the playoffs started I was rooting for two teams. The Chargers and the Cards brecause of all the teams their fans where most like us. So Go Cards!!!!!

Archived