The Case For Clemens

Maxman

We'll see what Ratliff is. We KNOW Clemens sucks.

just go youtube clemens and look at his plays he made at oregon,then try to type in brett ratliff...oh thats right,there is no highlights from him,not even at Utah. Because he made NONE. ;)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just go youtube clemens and look at his plays he made at oregon,then try to type in brett ratliff...oh thats right,there is no highlights from him,not even at Utah. Because he made NONE. ;)

Why would I give a crap about what Clemens did against awful pac 10 defenses? I've seen him in NFL games and it's very clear that he sucks.

Its obvious you're a fair weather gator. Just a loon that will pull for who ever wins the title in college football. There has never been a more classless display of winning ever exposed like the university of Florida football has shown over the last 5 yrs. A dckhead coach that runs up the score on teams with 2 min to play isnt domination its just unclassy. Thats what they always do to pad their stats in the BCS points standings. Florida will score 30 pnts with 2 min left,after they claerly wont need to. Only a moron would support these classless pricks,they are complete garbage and will soon get a wakeup call from the SEC.

Nope, I actually have been following the Gators my entire life, or for as long as I can remember.

I remember 1996 when they beat the Noles for the Championship. I guess your jealousy of the Gators is really strong. Just like Tim Tebow is my favorite player now, Danny Wuerffel was my favorite then.

Nope, I actually have been following the Gators my entire life, or for as long as I can remember. Just like Tim Tebow is my favorite player now, Danny Wuerffel was my favorite then.

I remember 1996 when they beat the Noles for the Championship. I guess your jealousy of the Gators is really strong.

Not really, my 1998 UT championship is greater than any team they ever had, going 11-0. They woulda stomped any gator team ever made. But you'll soon see in a few years when UT out recruits the gayters. The cream always rises to the top. UT and Alabam are the winningest franchises the SEC,still over the gayters. I'm done you and your gayters can blow smokey as far as im concerned.

Not really, my 1998 UT championship is greater than any team they ever had, going 11-0. They woulda stomped any gator team ever made. But you'll soon see in a few years when UT out recruits the gayters. The cream always rises to the top. UT and Alabam are the winningest franchises the SEC,still over the gayters. I'm done you and your gayters can blow smokey as far as im concerned.

Sounds like someone is just jealous of the Gators recent success. Don't worry, maybe we won't crush your team by 40, maybe it'll be just 30.

Sounds like someone is just jealous of the Gators recent success. Don't worry, maybe we won't crush your team by 40, maybe it'll be just 30.

Hey man they wont crush the Vols next season. Does your gullible tail even know that Kiffin and Orgeron put together that dynasty thats happeneing at USC today?? I guess not,but they're both on the vols squad now. Even if the gayters win,it will be a close game mark it down man. More like UF-24 UT-20. But dont rule out the vols upsetting them either. The real thing that cost UT for so long is now gone....Philip Fulmer. You'll see,when we start beating their @sses. Then you will probably be saying,"no,i've always loved UT even back to the days of Peyton and T. Martin in 98." Lol,youre all alike gayters.

Without Brett Favre the Jets do not have a QB..Ratliff, Ainge, and Clemens are all unproven.

No matter how you spin it, none of them are even surefire serviceable QBs...

if Favre does not come back then the season is truly up in the air...

Hey man they wont crush the Vols next season. Does your gullible tail even know that Kiffin and Orgeron put together that dynasty thats happeneing at USC today?? I guess not,but they're both on the vols squad now. Even if the gayters win,it will be a close game mark it down man. More like UF-24 UT-20. But dont rule out the vols upsetting them either. The real thing that cost UT for so long is now gone....Philip Fulmer. You'll see,when we start beating their @sses. Then you will probably be saying,"no,i've always loved UT even back to the days of Peyton and T. Martin in 98." Lol,youre all alike gayters.

Isn't the game going to be in the Swamp? A 4 point victory, I think you're giving your team a little too much respect. Game wont be close, trust me. It'll be more like 41-10.

Why has this thread turned into a Gators-Vols discussion? lol

Isn't the game going to be in the Swamp? A 4 point victory, I think you're giving your team a little too much respect. Game wont be close, trust me. It'll be more like 41-10.

I usually dont make bets with 10 year olds but we can if you want?:cheers:

I usually dont make bets with 10 year olds but we can if you want?:cheers:

Really, I am 10 now? How come I remember the Gators beating the Noles in the Championship in 1996 then? Wouldn't I have to at least be 12 or 13 then? Not to mention the normal person doesn't realize, and get into sports until they're like 4 or 5. So I would have to be at least 15 or 16.

What sort of bet are we talking here? lol

Really, I am 10 now? How come I remember the Gators beating the Noles in the Championship in 1996 then? Wouldn't I have to at least be 12 or 13 then? Not to mention the normal person doesn't realize, and get into sports until they're like 4 or 5. So I would have to be at least 15 or 16.

What sort of bet are we talking here? lol

Just the fact that you should realize my team is changing for the better. This wont be the same old vols next year man right that down. We have put together possibly the best coaching staff in the nation. Before you crack on Lane Kiffin being our HC,remember I said staff,which is where most of the coaching comes from anyway. Besides,crap NFL coaches can be great in college just ask Saban and Petrino. The vols will win atleast 8 games next season,I guarantee it. 24-20 gayters. Just keep me in mind after the game next season and then we'll talk ok?

Just the fact that you should realize my team is changing for the better. This wont be the same old vols next year man right that down. We have put together possibly the best coaching staff in the nation. Before you crack on Lane Kiffin being our HC,remember I said staff,which is where most of the coaching comes from anyway. Besides,crap NFL coaches can be great in college just ask Saban and Petrino. The vols will win atleast 8 games next season,I guarantee it. 24-20 gayters. Just keep me in mind after the game next season and then we'll talk ok?

Ok, it probably wont be a blowout, I realize they're getting better, but the game being in the swamp, I honestly doubt it'll be a 4 point game. I think maybe a two score game, like somewhere between 10, and 14.

Ok, it probably wont be a blowout, I realize they're getting better, but the game being in the swamp, I honestly doubt it'll be a 4 point game. I think maybe a two score game, like somewhere between 10, and 14.

It was close in the swamp in 06 wasnt it? You should remember being such a fan. The vols led the whole game only to lose like 24-22. We had Ainge then. In 1998 they beat you in the swamp as well. It has and will be done again. After Tebow leaves,where will you be then? about 7-4?

It was close in the swamp in 06 wasnt it? You should remember being such a fan. The vols led the whole game only to lose like 24-22. We had Ainge then. In 1998 they beat you in the swamp as well. It has and will be done again. After Tebow leaves,where will you be then? about 7-4?

In 2006 I never thought we were that good of a team. We had a lot of close games, we should have lost a lot of games we ended up winning. Like where Jarvis Moss blocked the field goal by South Carolina, which gave us the win. That 2006 team really wasn't that good, we just got blessed playing a team like Ohio State, which in my opinion is the most overrated conference in college. We have to start over after Tebow leaves, maybe we'll go with Brantley, or maybe we'll recruit the next great college quarterback, Who knows. The 2008 is really on a whole different level to the 2006 team, it honestly really isn't that close. You should have seen what I used to say on nyjetsfan.com about Chris Leak. I couldn't stand the guy.

With all the starters coming back do you really think this game will be close?

In 2006 I never thought we were that good of a team. We had a lot of close games, we should have lost a lot of games we ended up winning. Like where Jarvis Moss blocked the field goal by South Carolina, which gave us the win. That 2006 team really wasn't that good, we just got blessed playing a team like Ohio State, which in my opinion is the most overrated conference in college. We have to start over after Tebow leaves, maybe we'll go with Brantley, or maybe we'll recruit the next great college quarterback, Who knows. The 2008 is really on a whole different level to the 2006 team, it honestly really isn't that close. You should have seen what I used to say on nyjetsfan.com about Chris Leak. I couldn't stand the guy.

With all the starters coming back do you really think this game will be close?

Yeah I honestly do. This is college not the NFL. Changes happen drastically and fast. Look how fast Butch Davis turned around UNC. UNC for christs sake! Do you not know that Monte Kiffins Tampa 2 D has been considered one of the best in the pros for years and years? I sure hope you've heard of him. He will be our defensive coordinator. We wont be soft on d anymore. UT beat Kentucky in their team finale this season,you mentioned them earlier in high praise,ut madem look bad actually in Knoxville. Our terrible O coordinator is fired and we hired Rams TE's Coach Jm Chaney as our new one. wehave 6 new coaches from the NFL. Honestly,Lane brought an oline coach from the raiders w him,we also stole Gran from Auburn as our new RB coach....Things will be diferent man expect that. U may still win yes,but not with the ease that you have been.

Agree 1000%

Another thing to consider: if the Jets went 9-7 with Clemens at QB this past year, does Mangini get fired? And how differently do we feel about this team moving forward?

plain and simple Mangini was fired because we started out at 8-3 and then ended the season playing 5 nfl bottom dwellers and a 9-7 record. Whoever was qb, it would not have made a difference if that was the outcome. You don't just fail like that unless you don't know how to coach.

oh here's the key one, he shows far superior promise, talent, andpoise as opposed to two guys who went in the same round as him, Tarvaris Jackson and Brodie Croyle

Ok, so he is better than 2 other guys who didn't pan out either? Hey, there is a joke about the special olympics that would apply here.....

If Brett Ratliff did something against even 2nd stringers, he may be considered by fans with knowledge of the Quarterback position.

hmm, didn't Ratliff throw over 300 yards the first preseason game when he was the second string qb with clemens the starter and Favre not dressing for that game?

Awesome read. You make a lot of logical points which is something some folks struggle with. There's not a QB in the NFL who would have done much behind that putrid O-line Clemens was playing behind, but since a guy making his 1st 8 NFL starts didn't light it up, he must suck. Hey, how'd Peyton Manning do in his first 8 NFL games? And before andy of the children jump up and say something oh so clever like "LOL @ comparing Clemens to Manning..LOL, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life" just look at the question. No comparison being made between the two, just pointing out the fact that some of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL would have been released before finishing their rookie seasons if it were up to some posters on here.

Great post.

I'll be very surprised if Clemens amounts to anything. Unless something clicked in his head this year, which supposedly it did not according to reports, I just cant imagine a bounceback year.

The reports since the end of 07 are really what concern me. I don't care what happened in that season. I actually think he flashed at times under impossible circumstances.

However, all we've heard since then is how bad he's been in practice. Maybe it's just practice, but it's hard to ignore. I'd like to see him in some games again, but I'm not sure we will.

One thing I don't like is handing the ball to Brett Ratliff based on two decent deep passes to wide open receivers against 3rd string corners. People respond that it's our 3rd string receivers, but forget that those guys are the only real deep threats we have on this team. It's also easy to forget that Ratliff threw that awful INT on his first opportunity to throw the ball into coverage. Does anyone remember good plays from Ratliff outside of the deep balls? I don't...

This team may have to start fresh at the QB position, and I'm not sure the answer is in this draft.

The reports since the end of 07 are really what concern me. I don't care what happened in that season. I actually think he flashed at times under impossible circumstances.

However, all we've heard since then is how bad he's been in practice. Maybe it's just practice, but it's hard to ignore. I'd like to see him in some games again, but I'm not sure we will.

One thing I don't like is handing the ball to Brett Ratliff based on two decent deep passes to wide open receivers against 3rd string corners. People respond that it's our 3rd string receivers, but forget that those guys are the only real deep threats we have on this team. It's also easy to forget that Ratliff threw that awful INT on his first opportunity to throw the ball into coverage. Does anyone remember good plays from Ratliff outside of the deep balls? I don't...

This team may have to start fresh at the QB position, and I'm not sure the answer is in this draft.

Even if you just want to throw out the 2007 season, which I think is a big part of his problems, those practice and training camp stories have to be alarming. People can spin it however they want, but Chad pasted him in camp this year. The only reason you heard little stories of Clemens catching up at times was because the writers just needed something to write about. He was dreadful. And it doesnt seem like he got much better during this season.

I wouldnt hnd the reigns to Ratliff either. To me that is just as hasty as saying Clemens should have gotten the nod last season. Right now Ratliff reminds me a little of Derrick Anderson who isnt very good, but admittedly I dont think I have seen enough to make that comparison.

If those two and Ainge are the only options I say let them battle it out. If the Jets can not draft someone, and I dont know if there is even a good QB in the draft, my guess is we see at least 2 QBs start next year. Maybe 3 if all 3 make the team.

Awesome read. You make a lot of logical points which is something some folks struggle with. There's not a QB in the NFL who would have done much behind that putrid O-line Clemens was playing behind, but since a guy making his 1st 8 NFL starts didn't light it up, he must suck. Hey, how'd Peyton Manning do in his first 8 NFL games? And before andy of the children jump up and say something oh so clever like "LOL @ comparing Clemens to Manning..LOL, that's the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life" just look at the question. No comparison being made between the two, just pointing out the fact that some of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL would have been released before finishing their rookie seasons if it were up to some posters on here.

Typical clueless post by a clueless poster. The way some people around here spit in the face of reality to defend Clemens for some reason is pretty funny. Almost like the Pennington fan club with MUCH MUCH MUCH less actual production.

Typical clueless post be a clueless poster. The way some people around here spit in the face of reality to defend Clemens for some reason is pretty funny. Almost like the Pennington fan club with MUCH MUCH MUCH less actual production.

Hey Mike -- remember like 8,000 times when I told you personal attacks were not allowed? Yeah, you chose to ignore that.

Moderators: Operation New Identity is now in effect.

Legal Disclaimer: JetNation owns all user names and can do with them as they see fit. That includes but is not limited to posting in a homosexual manner.

Typical clueless post be a clueless poster. The way some people around here spit in the face of reality to defend Clemens for some reason is pretty funny. Almost like the Pennington fan club with MUCH MUCH MUCH less actual production.

You really are crazy if you're writing Clemens off based on that one season. He showed some potential, was in an awful situation and had an awful lot of bad luck.

The thing that worries me was last July/August in TC, where he was apparently stinking out the joint. I wouldn't give up on him over that. He's still very young an will likely improve. I'd at the very least give him a chance to compete with whoever next season.

Hey Mike -- remember like 8,000 times when I told you personal attacks were not allowed? Yeah, you chose to ignore that.

Moderators: Operation New Identity is now in effect.

Legal Disclaimer: JetNation owns all user names and can do with them as they see fit. That includes but is not limited to posting in a homosexual manner.

I guess it's OK for mods to abuse their power to **** with posters they have personal problems with too. Somehow that doesn't seem to bother you that much huh?

I guess it's OK for mods to abuse their power to **** with posters they have personal problems with too. Somehow that doesn't seem to bother you that much huh?

Yes, I am pretty much okay with that. Any other questions you would like answered before we start posting for you?

I don't think the Jets can draft a qb at 17 unless Stafford falls that far. And he won't.

Sign a veteran QB and let him know his job is to develop the young QBs. Period. Hold an open competition in training camp between Clemens, Ratliff and Ainge. Winner is the starter, 3rd place gets released.

Go from there. Best they can do this year.

No questions. At least I got you on record condoning the abuse of power that goes on around here. I don't really care anymore.

So does that mean you care less?

Mike you attack people and you cry about it. You told me via PM that you would just leave if you are causing problems here. You are causing problems here. You just attacked air force personally for no reason other than some 3 year old disagreement in the baseball forum.

Grow up already man.

I don't think the Jets can draft a qb at 17 unless Stafford falls that far. And he won't.

Sign a veteran QB and let him know his job is to develop the young QBs. Period. Hold an open competition in training camp between Clemens, Ratliff and Ainge. Winner is the starter, 3rd place gets released.

Go from there. Best they can do this year.

I think the best thing to do, if they can, is keep Favre, bring back Ratliff and Ainge and see if they can get a draft pick for Clemens from someone.

So does that mean you care less?

Mike you attack people and you cry about it. You told me via PM that you would just leave if you are causing problems here. You are causing problems here. You just attacked air force personally for no reason other than some 3 year old disagreement in the baseball forum.

Grow up already man.

I'll attack that jackass whenever I feel like it. I've been attacked unprovoked by him enough times. If you don't like it, ban me.

Archived