Anquan Boldin to leave the Cardinals?

Aaron09

Who would your Chargers be able to put infront of the Cardinals as trade bait? One of those players you listed would have to go to Arizona in the deal. I don't think they'd be comfortable with Breaston as a #2.

Who would your Chargers be able to put infront of the Cardinals as trade bait? One of those players you listed would have to go to Arizona in the deal. I don't think they'd be comfortable with Breaston as a #2.

Draft picks?

This isn't the NBA.

Like what?

There is nobody there at 16 that Arizona is going to say "WOW, we should get him" and Boldin isn't worth multiple picks.

Boldin is definitely worth multiple picks.

It's not like Arizona wants to trade him. They may have to. I think Breaston showed that he can be adequate opposite Fitzgerald. They also have to resign Warner and Dansby, plus Dockett and Wilson are looking for new contracts.

Like what?

There is nobody there at 16 that Arizona is going to say "WOW, we should get him" and Boldin isn't worth multiple picks.

1) Boldin is worth multiple picks. He is relatively young, and you KNOW what he can do in the NFL. He plays tough as anyone and while he has gotten hurt, it is from taking wicked hits going up the middle and letting it hang while going for the ball, and he bounces back pretty well.

2) I think the superbowl made it obvious to the Cards, they need a little more defense to go the last 10 yards and be a complete elite team. I am sure they would love to pick up a first and a third round pick to infuse some young defensive talent.

3) Breaston has done very well as a number 2 and from the looks of it may probably be a number 2 on a lot of other teams in this league based on what he did when he stepped into that role.

4) Boldin just wants out. You have a team riding high from a great playoff run, you don't need a cancer to develop in the locker room with a guy who resents being there, and you need to cap space to resign other players who are needed and want to be there and to make the moves in free agency they need.

Maybe he won't go to the chargers, but he has a lot of worth and doesn't want to be there, Arizona really needs to get rid of him.

Boldin is under contract for 2 more seasons. Really, the Cards hold the cards.

Maybe a possibility of #16 and Tomlinson (in a salary dump)? Arizona isn't exactly in "rebuild from scratch" mode & they're probably releasing Edge.

They Cards may hold the cards, but a) they need to resign a few guys and B) need some new players on D and c) the guy will just be an issue in the locker room anyway.

They Cards may hold the cards, but a) they need to resign a few guys and B) need some new players on D and c) the guy will just be an issue in the locker room anyway.

My point is they aren't forced to lock him up long-term or trade him. They can keep him.

If they get something they value more than Boldin, they'll pull the trigger on the deal. But they aren't in the situation like the Jets with Favre counting $13M more to keep than cut.

Any team that trades for him is going to have to pony up mega-bucks for him on top of that on a long-term deal. So that's something else to consider.

Arizona would look pretty bad to other FA's if there is a perception that they're screwing over a guy who really gave his all to the team. Then again, they were pretty good to him in the past by giving him that extension so early in his career after he already had his first serious injury, and in line with Boldin's request/demand.

Boldin is under contract for 2 more seasons. Really, the Cards hold the cards.

Maybe a possibility of #16 and Tomlinson (in a salary dump)? Arizona isn't exactly in "rebuild from scratch" mode & they're probably releasing Edge.

I agree about Tomlinson as a salary dump, but I don't think the Chargers would throw in the 16th pick as well.

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Steve Smith

Calvin Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Brandon Marshall

Plaxico Burress (still active)

Chad Johnson

TJ Houshmanzadeh

Terrell Owens

I'll take Anquan over these guys any day.

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Steve Smith

Calvin Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Brandon Marshall

Chad Johnson

TJ Houshmanzadeh

Terrell Owens

- Houshmandzadeh is excellent, but he's not better than Boldin.

- Over the next 5 years (he wants a new deal), TO won't be better than Boldin (if he's even better right now when you consider all the baggage he brings).

- Plaxico may not play again soon, and he's hurt more than Boldin is.

- Brandon Marshall may be and may not be. I'd say they're about on par with each other, but they're in different situations and I haven't seen enough of him to say he is definitively better than Boldin.

- Chad Johnson disappears from the endzone for weeks (or months) at a time and puts up like 80% of his year-end TD's in 2 or 3 games.

No problem with the other guys on your list, and I might even throw Roddy White in there at least on a par with Boldin (though they're different types of receivers).

Boldin is a possession receiver, nothing more.

He is not a Top 10 WR.

That's laughable.

I'm pretty sure I remember arguing with you that Boldin was just a possesion WR and not a deep threat...

...Although it was you who said he was a deep threat in that paticular arguement.

Something changed?

Boldin is a possesion WR, but his ability to make plays after the catch makes him a home run threat. He wont beat anyone deep but if you get the ball in his hands he will make plays. He's a top 10 WR without a shadow of a doubt IMO.

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Steve Smith

Calvin Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Brandon Marshall

Chad Johnson

TJ Houshmanzadeh

Terrell Owens

Wouldn't take any of those guys over Boldin.

Would probably take Roddy White and Greg Jennings over him though.

Andre Johnson

Larry Fitzgerald

Randy Moss

Steve Smith

Calvin Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Brandon Marshall

Chad Johnson

TJ Houshmanzadeh

Terrell Owens

Chad Johnson?

I confess, the only reason I asked you to do that was because I wanted to see if you'd list Braylon Edwards.

Boldin is a borderline top ten WR, and he's definitely better than Chad Johnson. He has more trade value than Owens or Burress as well.

Tough to say with Jennings. Part of the reason he's able to get open deep so much is because they have Driver commanding DB attention of his own.

I disagree. Driver is average at this point. He's not the threat that what he once was IMO.

A LOT of Jennings plays come after the catch too. That's what I really like about him. He's versatile in that he can roast teams over the top and in the short passing game. Guys who do it as consistently as Jennings are rare in the NFL.

I disagree. Driver is average at this point. He's not the threat that what he once was IMO.

A LOT of Jennings plays come after the catch too. That's what I really like about him. He's versatile in that he can roast teams over the top and in the short passing game. Guys who do it as consistently as Jennings are rare in the NFL.

Driver is still above average. There just happens to be someone more dangerous playing opposite him. That he isn't as good as he used to be isn't the point. Teams cannot ignore Driver simply because he's not as much of a threat as Jennings. Still caught 74 passes at 14 yards a pop last year. A lot of his decreased production on paper is due to another legit weapon being on the team.

Pats got Moss for a 4th... wtf would the Cards get for Boldin?

Darrell Jackson went for a 4th in the same draft.

The Moss comparison is stupid. It's not like the Patriots were trading for Minnesota Randy Moss. They were trading for a cancer that had done absolutely nothing for two years. Obviously, Randy would fetch quite a bit more in a trade now than he would have at that point in time.

Archived