Favre To Retire: MERGED 11X

afosomf

Pats are stuck with that overpriced QB... hahaha... good luck with that!

interestingly enough - as present - the Pats have two viable QB's with NFL experience and the Jets have - as my old Italian Grandmother would say-"stu gatz!"

BTW - you really think Favre will stay retired?

BTW - you really think Cassel will be on the Pats roster come September?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
F#ck Favre.

I was smart in my choice of the Keller jersey over the Favre jersey last August.

Did I mention? F@ck favre...

did you really honestly believe he was going to come back this year? and are you REALLY pissed off? you knew this was going to happen...

and i know you're mad about all the brett favre stuff sold...but seriously, most people who bought those weren't too smart. he had 2 years left in him, tops. favre did the right thing....we need to move on and build for the future.

don't be mad.

interestingly enough - as present - the Pats have two viable QB's with NFL experience and the Jets have - as my old Italian Grandmother would say-"stu gatz!"

BTW - you really think Favre will stay retired?

BTW - you really think Cassel will be on the Pats roster come September?

Yes and Yes

did you really honestly believe he was going to come back this year? and are you REALLY pissed off? you knew this was going to happen...

and i know you're mad about all the brett favre stuff sold...but seriously, most people who bought those weren't too smart. he had 2 years left in him, tops. favre did the right thing....we need to move on and build for the future.

don't be mad.

Hahahahahaha........there's a lot of dummies here then! ;)

don't be mad.

No. I didnt want Favre to begin with and I didnt want him for 2009. Still. F#ck him. He got my hopes up and then failed to deliver.

And Im not mad about the apparel he sold. Im just glad I didnt buy it.

I hope a snake bites him on his naughty parts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3898942

Favre plans to retire -- again

Comment Email Print

By Ed Werder and Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

Without the tearful public ceremony that accompanied his retirement announcement from the Green Bay Packers just 11 months ago, quarterback Brett Favre has instructed agent Bus Cook to inform the New York Jets Wednesday that he plans to retire.

In an e-mail to ESPN's Ed Werder, Favre indicated he had no regrets about finishing his career with the Jets rather than with the Green Bay Packers franchise he represented for his previous 16 NFL seasons. He specifically praised Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, team owner Woody Johnson and fired coach Eric Mangini -- and even mentioned Thomas Jones and Kerry Rhodes, both of whom were publicly critical of Favre after the team's collapse in the final month of the season prevented the Jets from making the playoffs.

- You drove Chad Pennington out of town.

Pennington making his way to Miami for zero compensation is not a plus. Sending him Minnesota for a draft pick or two would've been nice, though.

- Your ****ty performance at the end of the year to not get us in the playoffs got Mangini fired.

I hope we feel this way in a year or two.

- Your public praising of Dustin Keller opened up the NFL's eyes to one of the future great tight ends.

Dustin Keller would've been just fine without him.

- The younger QB's benefited from you.

No they didn't. They're all a year behind because of Favre's arrival. Brett Favre is the furthest thing from a "coach on the field."

Overall, it was a stupid move. Kellen Clemens could've QB'd last year's team to nine wins. Only if Ryan proves to be superior to Mangini (and I'm optimistic) is their even a hint of a silver lining in that idiocy.

GOB used it in a thread I think.

Me likey :yes:

Uh - me don't, 'cause I surf this site at work and my monitor faces the door. Was scrolling down and saw your new sig, almost had a heart attack checking if anyone was walking by.

Ooh, look, there goes the office managing partner. I'm sure she'd be happy with me . . .

Uh - me don't, 'cause I surf this site at work and my monitor faces the door. Was scrolling down and saw your new sig, almost had a heart attack checking if anyone was walking by.

Ooh, look, there goes the office managing partner. I'm sure she'd be happy with me . . .

LOL. My HR girl was right behind me when opened this thread....but she's really cool and swings both ways....she wanted to get a better look!

Sorry man.

That's why I have them turned off

Alot of people paid good money for Favre Jerseys....Favre t-shirts ect. Those fans were due more than just 1 season

24529565.jpg

Now....f%$& him...he's done with me

I was done before we ever made the stupid deal. But yeah, F* him!

Dear Brett,

Now that you are going to really retire after choking last season, I wanted to thank you for a couple of things. You had a pretty crappy performance towards the end, but here are a few things you did that us jets fans can be happy about:

- You drove Chad Pennington out of town.

- Your ****ty performance at the end of the year to not get us in the playoffs got Mangini fired.

- Your public praising of Dustin Keller opened up the NFL's eyes to one of the future great tight ends.

- The younger QB's benefited from you.

So thanks, Brett Favre.

Sincerely,

Jets Fans.

He also provided home hope at QB where there was none last year and by sucking during December he saved us a second round pick! :)

BZ

Archived