Favre To Retire: MERGED 11X

afosomf

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poor example. WFAN - baseball fag talk all the time.

I have been watching ESPN all day. Constant Favre talk.

Yup

WFAN is obsessed with baseball... very bad example... every other station is all over Favre... all 17 ESPN networks are all over it...

This great news on a number of levels. I was all for bringing Favre into the mix last year, but this is a new system and a new regime, this is Rex Ryan's team now and he no longer has to deal with the drama and ego that is Brett Favre, there is no more larger than life figure on the team and Rex doesn't have to wait another season of .500 ball to instill a new quarterback, to go with HIS guy. He can do it now and not wait another year to rebuild that position.

Second, I like the idea of a one year stop gap, somewhat, but why do that? I like Byron Leftwich over Garcia, remember Leftwich was good in Jax but got thrown to the wolves, got hurt, Garrard stepped in and they didnt want to pay Leftwich franchise money after coming back from injury and Garrad was cheaper.

However, we have 3 quarterbacks on the roster, all of whom could be a diamond in the rough. Clemens has a big arm we all know this, but he is dumb, but at the same time we only saw him with a lousy o-line, when he had no time to deliver. He is small though only listed at 6'1 meaning about 6 feet even. Ratliff has the size 6'4 235 and the arm, he just doesnt have the body of work, is he smart enough to read and react to audible. Aigne was a 4 year starter in college at Tennessee, thats a big deal, he is a smart kid, but does he have the arm to make it in the meadowlands?

Unless we are going to trade for the QB of the future (i.e. Derrick Anderson or Brady Quinn of the Browns) or draft the QB of the future (Mark Sanchez) then I dont see the reason to get a Vet to start or backup, just let the kids do it and see what you have, they are all under 25, and even if you suck, you get a pass this year in the Media cause Favre retired on you leaving you to scramble, and if you suck bad enough your consolation prize could be the next HUGE QB, Colt McCoy. Let the kids duke it out, spend your 17 million on either Suggs, Lewis, Scott, or Nhamdi Asoumaughu (probably get 2 if you wanted), build a D and let Rex build a rapport with the QB that will lead us the next 10 years.

I think WFAN is very caller driven. The hosts don't set the agenda the fans do. So to say that Wfan is a baseball station 12 months a yearis really saying that New York is a baseball town 12 months a year.

Fat Mike was marveling before how the first 5 phone calls he took were Arod calls when one of the best Qb's of all time just left the Jets......the fans set the agenda.

And ESPNradio is like reading USA TODAY.........good if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere but its not the Daily News or the Post! very watered down

I think WFAN is very caller driven. The hosts don't set the agenda the fans do. So to say that Wfan is a baseball station 12 months a yearis really saying that New York is a baseball town 12 months a year.

Fat Mike was marveling before how the first 5 phone calls he took were Arod calls when one of the best Qb's of all time just left the Jets......the fans set the agenda.

And ESPNradio is like reading USA TODAY.........good if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere but its not the Daily News or the Post! very watered down

Why would a football fan call in when its mostly baseball fans calling in? Your crazy if you think Favre isnt the hottest story in NY right now... and your crazy if you think Favre wanted to take the backseat to anybody...

Everyone can thank AROD for not letting this decision drag on forever. Favre is a media savvy guy and he knew his story would get buried by the Aroid debacle. If not for Aroid, we would have been twisting in the wind for a few more months.

Thank you AFraud.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It was a terrible, terrible desicion to ever bring him in.

Reality is, this was a 8 win team last year without Favre and a 9 win team with him.

Don't tell me the Chad would have won that Pats/Titans/Cardinals game (they came back you remember).

BZ

Why would a football fan call in when its mostly baseball fans calling in? Your crazy if you think Favre isnt the hottest story in NY right now... and your crazy if you think Favre wanted to take the backseat to anybody...

Do you think that someone who calls WFAN and sits on hold for 1 hour to get on is concerned about whether the calls before and after him are football calls??

If you are a savvy person and don't think that the timing of his announcement wasn't broken down by a team of advisors and agents to best maximize his "goodwill" from the NY fans and to protect his "HOF legacy" then you are the crazy one.

Favre had a BAD year both on the field and off.....if you don't think he is looking to slink outta here with as lil fanfare as possible then i have a bridge in BK to sell ya.

If he had won the SB he would be lookin for fanfare, he is trying to bury this story do that we remember Packers "HOF" Favre not Jets "Diva" Favre.

If Favre was the only story he would be getting bashed by every talking head and caller in town....now he gets to sit in Arods shadow and split the hate. Its called manipulation....why do you think people get fired on a friday afternoon????

Reality is, this was a 8 win team last year without Favre and a 9 win team with him.

Don't tell me the Chad would have won that Pats/Titans/Cardinals game (they came back you remember).

BZ

TOTALLY agree. NO WAY in hell Chads wins any of those games. Even the 1st Miami game might have been in question IMO.

TOTALLY agree. NO WAY in hell Chads wins any of those games. Even the 1st Miami game might have been in question IMO.

Agreed. If Chad had been at the helm, he would have been sacked for a loss on that last play, probably fumbled the ball and it would have gone the other way for 6.

It was a good year to be a Jets Fan. Lots of attention and hope sprung eternal.

No reality is back like a bitch.

BZ

Her mouth area looks a little off, but yes indeedy she's hot.:)

Though I would give years off my life to see you two together, I--respectfully--disagree on the hotness level of that chick. Those are some of the worst fake boobs I've ever seen. It looks like the doctor put them too high and spread apart. Once I know they are fake, it's a real turnoff for me.

Minnesota was approached and laughed out loud - it's documented so you're real wrong about it.

No one was going to trade for Chad after the Jets traded for Favre and the entire league knew that Chad had to be cut. If Favre hadn't been brought in, a deal with a team like Minnesota definitely could've been reached.

Archived