***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

I think a lot will depend on the Browns. If they don't want Cutler we have a good chance as even if it's DA that gets traded, he's still better then most of the "established" guys you are talking about...

imo Buffalo is the team that should go get him.. Trent Edwards and a 1st makes a lot of sense for both teams..

I think the Eagles might go for him... they have the picks and can dump Mcnabb...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If a team has an "established" QB... chances are they are not looking to trade them...

Also why the heck would the Broncos want the #1 pick??? Way too expensive...

Also with the picks they could get from a team like the JETS they could then go out and acquire whatever QB they want...

The Bears come to mind. They have Orton, he sucks but he's got ****loads more experience than anyone on our roster and can be used as a game manager type. I don't think the Bears would have any issue parting with Orton if they could get Cutler.

Think about it from the Broncos perspective:

Two firsts and Orton for Cutler or two firsts and Clemens or Ratliff for Cutler.

The Broncos would want the number one pick so they could select the QB of their choice and instantly add a new face of the franchise to sell to the fans. That's a no-brainer. If the Lions want Cutler, nobody else has a shot. (Not to mention that Calvin Johnson's agent is also Buss Cook, Cutler's agent.)

And no, they couldn't go out and get any QB they wanted with the 17th overall pick on 2009 and the who knows what overall pick in 2010.

to be 100% honest i want Cutler but i tend to agree with you. im trying not to get my hopes up. so im not disapointed when either CLemens or Ratliff starts the season for us.

but i heard today on WFAN that the Lions were very impressed with Stafford. and might just keep the pick.

the other thing i heard on Francessa's show was that the Redskins were in good position and would like to deal Campbell, Cooley, and there 13th?? pick for cutler and a wide receiver. That would give the Broncos back to back picks in the first round.

so there are other teams that are in better shape than us to make this happen. but i do think that Tanny can make something work.

(sorry that i didnt convince you that you were wrong cause i kinda feel the same way you do.)

I think the Eagles might go for him... they have the picks and can dump Mcnabb...

Oh crap...I am thinking like Ecrub. Please shoot me.

I was thinking the same thing.

Denver gets a proven vet in McNabb who is not too old.. The Eagles get the heir apparent to McNabb.

No way Josh "I pissed off Jay Cutler so bad he won't talk to me much less play for me" McDaniel would want any part of McNabb.

He needs to bring in a young QB, not an older QB closer to the end of his career than the beginning.

to be 100% honest i want Cutler but i tend to agree with you. im trying not to get my hopes up. so im not disapointed when either CLemens or Ratliff starts the season for us.

but i heard today on WFAN that the Lions were very impressed with Stafford. and might just keep the pick.

the other thing i heard on Francessa's show was that the Redskins were in good position and would like to deal Campbell, Cooley, and there 13th?? pick for cutler and a wide receiver. That would give the Broncos back to back picks in the first round.

so there are other teams that are in better shape than us to make this happen. but i do think that Tanny can make something work.

(sorry that i didnt convince you that you were wrong cause i kinda feel the same way you do.)

I don't think Campbell, Cooley and the number 13 are going to be enough to get Cutler AND a receiver.

No way Josh "I pissed off Jay Cutler so bad he won't talk to me much less play for me" McDaniel would want any part of McNabb.

He needs to bring in a young QB, not an older QB closer to the end of his career than the beginning.

He is not the GM... they will bring in who they think is best... with Josh's input of course... but still Josh does nto call the shots.

Jay Cutler to the Jets became a lot more realistic Tuesday night when Broncos owner Pat Bowlen announced he is now accepting trade offers for his unhappy Pro Bowl quarterback with the rocket arm. The Daily News reported on March 23 the Jets had already called the Broncos to let them know they wanted Cutler, 25, if Denver elected to trade him. A source with knowledge of the Jets' thinking said last week the Jets are very interested. A Jets spokesman said Tuesday night that the team would have no comment on Bowlen's announcement. But GM Mike Tannenbaum, who placed that recent call to the Broncos, is expected to be calling the Broncos again to make an offer. ... What can the Jets offer? They will have to start with their first-round pick (No. 17) and perhaps a third-round pick. Denver has been looking for defensive help for the last 10 years. The Jets have several appealing young defensive players. It's not likely they would give up Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis, but middle linebacker David Harris might be attractive to the Broncos. -- NY Daily News

I think a lot will depend on the Browns. If they don't want Cutler we have a good chance as even if it's DA that gets traded, he's still better then most of the "established" guys you are talking about...

imo Buffalo is the team that should go get him.. Trent Edwards and a 1st makes a lot of sense for both teams..

Chan, you were the biggest Cutler cheerleader around back in '06, you've got to have some way the Jets can realistically overcome these odds.

Jay Cutler to the Jets became a lot more realistic Tuesday night when Broncos owner Pat Bowlen announced he is now accepting trade offers for his unhappy Pro Bowl quarterback with the rocket arm. The Daily News reported on March 23 the Jets had already called the Broncos to let them know they wanted Cutler, 25, if Denver elected to trade him. A source with knowledge of the Jets' thinking said last week the Jets are very interested. A Jets spokesman said Tuesday night that the team would have no comment on Bowlen's announcement. But GM Mike Tannenbaum, who placed that recent call to the Broncos, is expected to be calling the Broncos again to make an offer. ... What can the Jets offer? They will have to start with their first-round pick (No. 17) and perhaps a third-round pick. Denver has been looking for defensive help for the last 10 years. The Jets have several appealing young defensive players. It's not likely they would give up Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis, but middle linebacker David Harris might be attractive to the Broncos. -- NY Daily News

Ryan will not allow Tanny to give up a defensive starter. Its picks or bust.

Ryan will not allow Tanny to give up a defensive starter. Its picks or bust.

You wouldn't do this? I'm glad we'll be giving up the 3rd, because quite frankly, we suck at picking in the 3rd round. I rather give up a 3rd than a 4th.

I'll do this trade in a heartbeat.

You wouldn't do this? I'm glad we'll be giving up the 3rd, because quite frankly, we suck at picking in the 3rd round. I rather give up a 3rd than a 4th.

The idea behind this trade is to fix the QB problem period. Not fix the QB problem and create another hole somewhere in the lineup.

The defense next year is locked down, no ifs - ands - or buts, with the exception of drafting somebody in the first (for Ryan to show his stuff) or to add depth through the draft. I do think Ryan's looking for Cutler but won't create any holes or setbacks in his D.

Klecko's right, its draft picks or bust. If two firsts and a 3rd can't please Denver then you gotta pass

Really? Who would they get?

I'm not saying I don't like David Harris. I still think he had a bad season next year. I tink a 1st and a 3rd and Harris is good enough.

I'd bring back Eric Barton if he's still available. I don't care, Cutler is a franchise QB.

I don't believe this one bit. Jerry Jones said he wouldn't trade Romo for anybody.

I didn't even check and I don't believe you. BAN THIS FOOL!

DOnt ban him... it was actually on the radio you fool...

Seeing as a) this is being "reported" by Steve Somers, and B) there's no corroboration of it anywhere else, and c) Somers isn't exactly the "scoop" type of sports reporter...

...I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is an April Fool's joke.

Archived