Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm never said YES with so much certainty in my life!!!!!!!

If that trade happens we go to the AFC championship!

If that trade happens, I will bump around late december, than call me idiot.

Your support bodes ill.

I'm never said YES with so much certainty in my life!!!!!!!

If that trade happens we go to the AFC championship!

If that trade happens, I will bump around late december, than call me idiot.

heck why wait, get one in now.

BUT for real JC for 3 picks. That's the move of our franchise! Our fourths have outplayed our 1st's except Revis and Mangold was a second in the first round, so he would stay.

what other firsts in the last ten years would we lose, well let's see.

every first and every other third for JC:

99- 1st to NE, 3rd-Loverne, David OT, remember him,great memories.lol

2000- 1st-Shaun Ellis(4 firsts that year) Ellis for JC, HELLLLLLL YES!

2001-1st- Santana Moss for JC, helll yeah 3rd- Kareem Mckenzie LOL

2002- 1st-Bryan Thomas hmmmm,close, no it isn't give me JC f%$K BT

2003-1st and 3rd- D-ROB hahahaha and 3rd- BJ Askew, nope,still want Kutler

2004- 1st-Vilma- I loved him, but Fatgini and the old 3-4, even so, franchise QB beats good LBer always.

2005-1st and 3rd- 1st went to OAK, but with 2 and 3 we got Nugent and Justin Miller.

FUNNY I STILL WANT JC< FOR ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!

2006- 1st-D'Brickashaw- don't even try to make this argument,please. I wish this was 3rd year it was Schegal.

2007- 1st and 3rd- Darrelle Revis-FINALLY an argument!!! but franchise QB beats shut down corner, hmmmm, I love revis, that one made me wince, I admit. so it took 7 years to even think about it. there was no 3rd that year but 2 was Harris(good draft)

2008- 1st- VERNON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so , in ten years, 10 firsts and 5 thirds, only one made it close!!!!!!!!!

YES,YUES,YES,YES,do it now!!!!!!!!Lets get that trophy

In 2010, the earliest. It'll be fun to see where his already poor QB skills have eroded to by then.

I'd do this trade, and hope that next year's #1 is in the 29-32 range.

I'd do it, but then we're immediately hoping that Mike Tannenbaum could find a way to draft a few starters with limited draft picks.

If I made that trade for Cutler, I'd RUN--not walk--to sign Marvin Harrison. He may like to shoot people in parking lots, but he'd be an otherwise good influence on the young receivers, and on Cutler.

OMG....please look at Peyton's first couple of years

You cannot be this obtuse...can't possibly

Im on your side of the argument, but in Peyton's 2nd year, they were 13-3... Kind of hurts your argument some.

Jay Cutler has played for a team without a defense. 11 orange pilons would be better. How do you expect the guy to win?

Look at the last 3 games.. Defense allowed 30, 30, 52. Teams don't win that way consistently.

In their losses, the Broncos allowed:

33 (KC), 24 (JAX), 41 (NE), 26 (MIA), 31 (OAK), 30 (CAR), 30 (BUF), 52 (SD)

That's a lot to overcome. Sure, the offense laid eggs sometimes too but the damned defense ranked 30th!

Im on your side of the argument, but in Peyton's 2nd year, they were 13-3... Kind of hurts your argument some.

Jay Cutler has played for a team without a defense. 11 orange pilons would be better. How do you expect the guy to win?

Look at the last 3 games.. Defense allowed 30, 30, 52. Teams don't win that way consistently.

In their losses, the Broncos allowed:

33 (KC), 24 (JAX), 41 (NE), 26 (MIA), 31 (OAK), 30 (CAR), 30 (BUF), 52 (SD)

That's a lot to overcome. Sure, the offense laid eggs sometimes too but the damned defense ranked 30th!

i thought 13-3 was 3rd season there is also a 6-10 season..maybe 4th season

peyton thru 43 Ints his 1st 2 years

jets even clobbered him 41-0 in playoff game

BZ is happy with same ole same ole crapola

the broncos have to get a QB in return they can tell their fans can play, or the #1 overall pick

that's why he's not coming to NY, the jets don't have enough ammo, and mangina aint going to help tanny

Below are the first 2 full years starting stats of Favre, Elway, and Jay Cutler. Cutler will never be a Manning-type of player (super efficient), which is why I compared him to 2 players who were considered "gun-slingers". Plus both Favre and Elway were considered to have maturity issueswhen they first entered the league.

Im fine if this doesnt happen and we take our shot with Clemens or Ratliff, but when you look at the numbers....it makes sense for us to send Clemens and 2 high picks to Denver for him.

The best stat is that his completion % is over 60% in the last 2 years. Positive TD to Int ratio in his two full years as a starter. Strong enough arm for NJ/NY winter wind, plus experience playing in the cold. He is 25 and has 3 more years of manageable salary.

You have to question his attitude throughout this whole process, but lets be serious, he is 25....people make mistakes when they are young.

At the end of the day, top flight QB's are extremely hard to come by, and as much as I hate trading multiple picks, I think this move has to be made.

Year Team G Comp Att Pct. Yds Y/G Y/A 300 Yd TD Int Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD 100 Yd Lost

2006 DEN 5 81 137 59.1 1001 200.2 7.3 0 9 5 12 18 3.6 1.5 0 0 2

2007 DEN 16 297 467 63.6 3497 218.6 7.5 2 20 14 44 205 12.8 4.7 1 0 4

2008 DEN 16 384 616 62.3 4526 282.9 7.3 8 25 18 57 200 12.5 3.5 2 0 2

Year Team G Comp Att Pct. Yds Y/G Y/A 300 Yd TD Int Rush Yds Y/G Avg TD 100 Yd Lost

1999 GB 16 342 596 57.4 4101 256.3 6.9 6 22 23 28 142 8.9 5.1 0 0 4

2000 GB 16 338 580 58.3 3812 238.3 6.6 2 20 16 26 113 7.1 4.3 0 0 5

Year Age Tm Pos G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk%

1983 23 DEN QB 11 10 4-6-0 123 259 47.5 1663 7 14 14 5.4 49 6.4 4.3 13.5 151.2 54.9 28 218 5.0 3.1 9.8

1984 24 DEN QB 15 14 12-2-0 214 380 56.3 2598 18 15 15 3.9 73 6.8 5.5 12.1 173.2 76.8 24 158 6.0 4.8 5.9

1985 25 DEN QB 16 16 11-5-0 327 605 54.0 3891 22 23 23 3.8 65 6.4 5.1 11.9 243.2 70.2 38 307 5.6 4.3 5.9

I am assuming logically that any deal the Broncos make involving Cutler will be predicated on their ability to get themselves a legit NFL starter to replace him.

The Lions have the ultimate carrot with the number one overall pick which the Broncos can use to select Stafford or Sanchez and replace Cutler with a hot shot rookie.

Other teams competing in this sweepstakes have more established QBs to be placeholders until the Broncos find a replacement for Cutler or higher first round picks than the Jets.

So unless the Jets get the Browns involved (which I don't think will work because the Broncos will probably want Quinn and I don't think Cleveland is willing to part with him) or nobody else is willing to part with two first-rounders I just don't see us having enough to win this sweepstakes.

Please convince me I am wrong.

I am assuming logically that any deal the Broncos make involving Cutler will be predicated on their ability to get themselves a legit NFL starter to replace him.

The Lions have the ultimate carrot with the number one overall pick which the Broncos can use to select Stafford or Sanchez and replace Cutler with a hot shot rookie.

Other teams competing in this sweepstakes have more established QBs to be placeholders until the Broncos find a replacement for Cutler or higher first round picks than the Jets.

So unless the Jets get the Browns involved (which I don't think will work because the Broncos will probably want Quinn and I don't think Cleveland is willing to part with him) or nobody else is willing to part with two first-rounders I just don't see us having enough to win this sweepstakes.

If a team has an "established" QB... chances are they are not looking to trade them...

Also why the heck would the Broncos want the #1 pick??? Way too expensive...

Also with the picks they could get from a team like the JETS they could then go out and acquire whatever QB they want...

Denver wants no part of #1 pick

pay stafford $80M no way jose

Since it's the all Jay Cun+ler board all the time I figured had to put that in there to get any views.

But really - any word on USC?

How did Rey run?

Sanchez drills?

What happened?

Did Cutler punch your mom in the face or something?

I think a lot will depend on the Browns. If they don't want Cutler we have a good chance as even if it's DA that gets traded, he's still better then most of the "established" guys you are talking about...

imo Buffalo is the team that should go get him.. Trent Edwards and a 1st makes a lot of sense for both teams..

Archived