***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

That would be a steal. Seriously.

Two first round picks, one of which would almost certainly be used on a Top QB prospect anyways within the next two years never mind an already established franchise QB in Jay ******. You also have to consider that if we get ******, expectations become high for this team and if we meet them, that last 1st round pick will be a low one.

Wouldn't think twice about this, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone look at the link? It confirms what should already be obvious... this is a freakin' joke.

Unless of course you believe God told Kurt Warner not to wear gloves anymore, TO got into a fight with Trent Edwards at a Charity Ultimate Frisbee game, Darren Sproles got hurt on a kids slide and the Raiders signed a Lions reject to a $45 million contract.

As likely as the TO and Raiders ones may be, I still doubt their validity.

Although I have to say, I am excited to see the 24 / Ugly Betty crossover.

The Denver Broncos have the framework of a deal in place to trade disgruntled starting quarterback Jay Cutler to the 49ers, a source close to the team reports. The 49ers will reportedly send their first and third round pick in this year's draft (10th and 43rd overall), their second round pick in the 2010 draft, aging safety Mark Roman, and former first overall pick Alex Smith.

cutler_jay.gif

Denver's Jay Cutler (AP)

Talks accelerated after Bronco's CEO and team president announced the club was willing to trade Cutler after trying and failing to contact the young signal caller for 10 days. Sources report that the 49ers were the most aggressive in their offer to secure the young quarterback's services.

This is the end of a long saga for McDaniels, who seemed unable to repair a relationship with his new quarterback after news of a potential trade leaked. Cutler asked to be traded in early March amid rumors that new coach Josh McDaniels looked into trading Cutler for Matt Cassel, McDaniel's former starting quarterback in New England.

McDaniel's first attempt at repairing the relationship failed, with Cutler telling ESPN, "[McDaniels] admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it."

Recently, Cutler forfeited over $100,000 in bonus money by missing more than 10% of his team's offseason program driving the wedge further between himself and the organization. The move comes before Cutler was able to embarrass the Bronco's organization further by missing the April 17th-19th minicamp.

The deal is contingent Smith passing a physical. Smith's shoulder has been an issue since he separated his shoulder in 2007. A bone chip in his shoulder forced him to injured reserve for the duration of the 2008 season.

The move also reunites Smith with former head coach Mike Nolan, who is the defensive coordinator for the Broncos. Smith and Nolan often had a frosty relationship after Nolan made Smith the first overall pick in the 2005 draft.

The 49ers now have the starting quarterback they seemed to be grasping for since 2003. Their aggressive approach to signing Kurt Warner indicated that the 49ers would not let another offseason pass without securing a successful starting NFL quarterback.

Around the NFL

Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner will no longer be using his trademark gloves on the field this season. When asked why he merely responded with, "God told me not to wear them." No word from the team as to how this will affect his throwing motion.

In Buffalo, newly signed wide receiver Terrell Owens was seen getting into an altercation with Bills quarterback Trent Edwards during a charity Ultimate Frisbee tournament. Onlookers overheard Owens could yelling "Throw me the [expletive] frisbee! I'm open!" while getting really close to Edwards. Owens was later seen throwing popcorn in Edwards' face before storming out of the facility where the event was being held. Edwards and Owens could not be reached for comment.

Darren Sproles, the diminutive yet shifty running back for the San Diego Chargers, needed medical attention after being shot through a children's tube slide at acceerated speeds at a local San Diego park. "Man, you just pick up speed on that thing! I thought it was never going to end. I don't know how my kids do it." Sproles had minor scratches and bruises but should not miss any team workouts.

The Oakland Raiders have made another bold offseason signing with their acquisition of defensive end Amon Hobbs to a multi-year contract. While the details of the contract are not yet known, it is rumored to be a $45 million deal. This is a large amount for a player that was not able to secure a backup role last season with the Lions before being released. When ESPN analyst Tim Kurkjian was asked about his thoughts regarding the deal, he replied, "I am a baseball analyst." Oakland feels that Hobbs is a perfect fit for the starting role and could contribute immediately. Hobbs has 13 tackles and no sacks over his 8 year career.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, this seems reliable.:face:

Delete this thread.

I seriously cannot believe that some Jets fans, with the opportunity to get a franchise QB, would just pass on this golden opportunity. I really can't believe it. How much longer are you gonna wait? 20 ****in years?

Jay Cutler isn't the key to a Jets Super Bowl.

GOB the Broncos fan in 1983: F##K John Elway! I dont want a cry baby who wont even play for the team that *****ed him! Let him rot with the Colts!!!!

GOB the Giants fan in 2004: F##K Eli Manning! I dont want a cry baby who wont even play for the team that *****ed him! Let him rot with the Chargers!!!!

The Jets do not have a QB to give up to get Cutler- I do not see how the Jets could entice Denver to make a deal with them.

Does not matter... with the picks they would get they could go out and get almost any QB they want...

The Denver Broncos have the framework of a deal in place to trade disgruntled starting quarterback Jay Cutler to the 49ers, a source close to the team reports. The 49ers will reportedly send their first and third round pick in this year's draft (10th and 43rd overall), their second round pick in the 2010 draft, aging safety Mark Roman, and former first overall pick Alex Smith.

cutler_jay.gif

Denver's Jay Cutler (AP)

Talks accelerated after Bronco's CEO and team president announced the club was willing to trade Cutler after trying and failing to contact the young signal caller for 10 days. Sources report that the 49ers were the most aggressive in their offer to secure the young quarterback's services.

This is the end of a long saga for McDaniels, who seemed unable to repair a relationship with his new quarterback after news of a potential trade leaked. Cutler asked to be traded in early March amid rumors that new coach Josh McDaniels looked into trading Cutler for Matt Cassel, McDaniel's former starting quarterback in New England.

McDaniel's first attempt at repairing the relationship failed, with Cutler telling ESPN, "[McDaniels] admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it."

Recently, Cutler forfeited over $100,000 in bonus money by missing more than 10% of his team's offseason program driving the wedge further between himself and the organization. The move comes before Cutler was able to embarrass the Bronco's organization further by missing the April 17th-19th minicamp.

The deal is contingent Smith passing a physical. Smith's shoulder has been an issue since he separated his shoulder in 2007. A bone chip in his shoulder forced him to injured reserve for the duration of the 2008 season.

The move also reunites Smith with former head coach Mike Nolan, who is the defensive coordinator for the Broncos. Smith and Nolan often had a frosty relationship after Nolan made Smith the first overall pick in the 2005 draft.

The 49ers now have the starting quarterback they seemed to be grasping for since 2003. Their aggressive approach to signing Kurt Warner indicated that the 49ers would not let another offseason pass without securing a successful starting NFL quarterback.

Around the NFL

Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner will no longer be using his trademark gloves on the field this season. When asked why he merely responded with, "God told me not to wear them." No word from the team as to how this will affect his throwing motion.

In Buffalo, newly signed wide receiver Terrell Owens was seen getting into an altercation with Bills quarterback Trent Edwards during a charity Ultimate Frisbee tournament. Onlookers overheard Owens could yelling "Throw me the [expletive] frisbee! I'm open!" while getting really close to Edwards. Owens was later seen throwing popcorn in Edwards' face before storming out of the facility where the event was being held. Edwards and Owens could not be reached for comment.

Darren Sproles, the diminutive yet shifty running back for the San Diego Chargers, needed medical attention after being shot through a children's tube slide at acceerated speeds at a local San Diego park. "Man, you just pick up speed on that thing! I thought it was never going to end. I don't know how my kids do it." Sproles had minor scratches and bruises but should not miss any team workouts.

The Oakland Raiders have made another bold offseason signing with their acquisition of defensive end Amon Hobbs to a multi-year contract. While the details of the contract are not yet known, it is rumored to be a $45 million deal. This is a large amount for a player that was not able to secure a backup role last season with the Lions before being released. When ESPN analyst Tim Kurkjian was asked about his thoughts regarding the deal, he replied, "I am a baseball analyst." Oakland feels that Hobbs is a perfect fit for the starting role and could contribute immediately. Hobbs has 13 tackles and no sacks over his 8 year career.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, this seems reliable.:face:

Delete this thread.

Yeah, the "fine print" at the bottum of the page identifies it as a joke...(I had already called my daughter in SF though...)

2 x 1st and a 3rd? No thanks.

I don't don't doubt his skills, I doubt his heart.

BZ

Heart never won us anything... Vilma... Pennignton... etc

Give me the talent and skills... that is a CHEAP price for a 25 year old 4500 yard pro bowl QB...

happy with 8-8 the rest of your life huh

Considering on average 3 out of 4 QBs taken in the 1st round do not live up to their hype... 2 1st round picks and a 3rd is a bargain for a sure thing...

GOB the Giants fan in 2004: F##K Eli Manning! I dont want a cry baby who wont even play for the team that *****ed him! Let him rot with the Chargers!!!!

GOB the Packers fan in 1992: F##K Brett Favre! I dont want a POS drunk on my team!! Let him rot with the Falcons!!!! Lets stick with Majikowski, he's the guy we drafted!!

Lol even though the rest of the article kills the credibility of this rumor the trade does make some sense. Although they could probably get better since I don't consider Smith to have any value. Also, why would they move so quickly when so many other teams are lining up for him. They shouldn't be that desparate at this point.

GOB the Packers fan in 1992: F##K Brett Favre! I dont want a POS drunk on my team!! Let him rot with the Falcons!!!! Lets stick with Majikowski, he's the guy we drafted!!

Jets Fans To The World: Brett Favre is the missing link in the NY Jets Super Bowl Run.

i would even add more picks to close deal

then go after edwards!!!!

With what exactly?

If we're trading for Cutler and giving up the amount of picks in question, then we don't have enough value in draft pick to trade for Braylon Edwards. Unless you just don't want this team to have a draft over the next three years.

With what exactly?

If we're trading for Cutler and giving up the amount of picks in question, then we don't have enough value in draft pick to trade for Braylon Edwards. Unless you just don't want this team to have a draft over the next three years.

2 #'2 for edwards to get a stud and a #1 Wr it is well worth it

Archived