Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

It's Official: Cutler on the Trading Block

March 31, 2009

Jay Cutler and the Broncos are going to divorce court, and the Jets are prepared to score on the rebound.

Citing irreconcilable differences, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen released a statement tonight that said: "Numerous efforts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by head coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful. A conversation with his agent earlier today communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos. We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded."

Game on, Mike Tannenbaum.

The Jets will be involved in the Cutler bidding. Colleague Gary Myers reported from the owners' meetings last week that the Jets were among to teams that had called the Broncos to inquire about Cutler's availability. At the time, the Jets -- and other teams -- were told he wasn't available.

But now he is, and you can bet Tannenbaum, who landed Brett Favre last August, was on the case as soon as he got wind of the Broncos' change of heart.

How much will the Jets' offer? A first- and second-round pick? This year's first-rounder, plus their 2010 first-rounder? Two premium picks, plus a player, perhaps LB David Harris?

Despite Rex Ryan's public support of his three young quarterbacks -- Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff and Erik Ainge -- the new coach is thought to be on board with the prospect of acquiring Cutler.

The Jets won't be able to give the Broncos a starting-caliber quarterback in return, but take a look at the other teams in the Cutler sweepstakes -- the Bucs, Lions and Bears. None of them have first-rate quarterbacks, either. If the Browns are interested, they could have an advantage because they could send Brady Quinn to the Broncos.

Stay tuned. It's going to get very interesting in these parts.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attention, New York Jets: Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen says he's ready to trade QB Jay Cutler

We're stunned but Bowlen has apparently tired of "McJaygate," the ugly rift between new coach Josh McDaniels and his 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback. Bowlen just released a statement to announce the Broncos will trade Cutler.

The Jets. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers are the six teams already identified by Yahoo!,com to be interested in Cutler. Several other clubs also could help drive up the price.

As of 10:50 Tuesday night, the Jets and Broncos had not talked about Cutler. A person familiar with the Jets' thinking said the team would discuss how to proceed during its meetings Wednesday.

The Jets are expected to be players in the bidding but would probably need to get a third team involved, like the Browns, who might have a QB Denver would be interested in (Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn).

Of course, Browns coach Eric Mangini might not like the idea of helping out his former Jets buddies. Besides, he's interested in landing the petulant QB himself.

The Jets would be nuts not to make a play for Cutler. What, you're convinced Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff is the answer? Color us skeptical.

If the Jets are lucky when all this ends, strong safety Kerry Rhodes might want to apologize to Cutler for recent unflattering comments he offered on the QB.

Hahaha, McDaniels ****ed up big time. What an idiot. Great start to his head coaching career. He better hope the FO can bail him out with a good trade or he's really going to look like an ass down the road.

If the Browns help the Jets out here, I'll never say AND TAKE BACK, everything bad I ever said and never will say again about Eric Mangini.

Hey, Mangini idolizes Belichick, maybe he does for us what NE did for Pioli in KC...we DID give him his big break-he owes Mike Tannenbaum-besides it could help us beat Belichick-which I'm SURE would still make EM smile for the shhitty way he got treated by the bitter bastid

I actually heard a Jets fan on NFL Radio today saying he would trade the entire Jets draft for Jay Cutler. :rl:

what would be the difference really if you were say the NE Patriots from a couple of drafts ago, when they had like 13 picks and ended up with only Merriweather by season's end on the roster-DRAFT PICKS not trades for WR's

I forgot to add the Redskins on that list too. They had a good deal IMO when the rumors first started. They love guys with attitudes, no way does Mangini help us (JETS) land him if it has to involve 3 teams.

Still no. if we win...sure. But really it's the principle of the thing here. Saying the ***** is a crapshoot is almost reserving yourself that we are going to bust whoever we pick. It's a way to justify giving up WAY too much. If we lose 1st round picks we lose Revis, Mangold, Keller, DBrick - hopefully we will look back and put Gholston in that grouping very soon. When you have a competent FO 1st rounders are not au***atic busts. They temd to be your core nucleus of players. Hopefully with a few 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders that surprised you. These are also the players that you get under rookie contracts on the cheap and when you hit on them it allows you to spend big dollars elsewhere. If you don't have them you have to go out and pay free agents huge contracts and you are fing yourself that way. There is more than a few reasons ***** picks are considered the life blood of any good team. It's not just cause there is a possible great player waiting for you, you also need to fill out a team with guys on rookie contracts at several key positions.

IMO - you're putting too much emphasis on the value of the picks and not enough on the overall picture. Now this assumes that the Jets feel that ****** is a franchise QB. QB is the most important position, and franchise QB's don't come around every day, so you are going to pay a premium.

From your post, it seems to me that you are talking about giving up 3 or more picks but my scenario is at worst 2 number 1's. The way I look at it is that the 2009 first round pick is for the franchise QB (and thus you're not missing out on any other player - ****** is our pick) and the next years pick is the premium you're paying to get a franchise QB. Of course that pick could be a great player, a bust, or anywhere in between.

Look at it another way: would you rather have Jay ****** or Gholston and Keller? Franchise QB's win you games, so you need to pay a premium. To me, the ***** is too much of a crapshoot, and in essence you are really only giving up one number 1 in this scenario (****** being the other pick). For a franchise QB, I do it.

he's a turnover prone primma donna who has never won anything shooting his way out of town because the coach hurt his feewings

he'll never make it in NY

he's not tough enough mentally and his style of play is all wrong for the current blueprint

it's the square peg in the round hole

turnover prone?

Please compare his numbers in first two full years with peytons .

He Led a team,in his second year(full year), with NO, and I mean,NO *******, his leading rusher had 300+ yards. His line was so bad he had to run 57 times for 200 yards of his own, so, immobile he is not(Peyton is). He put this garbage team with no ******* and no RB on his back and had them at 8-5 with numerous 300+ yard games and a 400 yard game.

Then at 8-5, his ******* let up 30,30, and a grand finale 52 points. GREAT HELP>

Jay ******, finished with 4,500 yards 25 TDs and only 18 INT's. I'd say that an extremely low amount considering the circumstances. 112 points to overcome to make the playoffs? It's air it out time. Farve would've had 18 in those 3 games alone.

over 60% comp, 4,500 yrds and 25 TD's against 18 INT's in his second year(again compare to Peyton's first 2, Eli's whole career,McNabb's whole career,and many others.

He's a franchise QB!!

What's the hold up???????

and, oh, Revis,Leon,Cotch,Keller, our Line and the rest of our ******* need not be in this conversation.

PICKS, One of our QB's(interesting to see who they want) and more picks......f**k picks! 8 years of 4,500 yards, 8 years of spreading the ******* like jelly.8 years of average backs looking great. DYNASTY!

I hope we give up all of our ***** picks for Jay ******. When you have the opportunity to get ass raped by an NFL team you do everything you can to do it. I want to start negotiations by saying we will give 2 1st round picks. Then we can say and anything else you guys want. OMG OMG OMG!!!

Wow a guy like ****** on the Jets!!!

Imagine.

He would go against what Rex is trying to establish with a run 1st *******. We can pass EVERY DOWN!!!! Rex is coming in here and establishing the Jets as a defensive powerhouse, something we have all been praying for for years, and we now have the chance to undermine that before it even gets off the ground. OMG OMG OMG!!! Cause when a diva who is disliked by his team and ignores his coaches and can't grasp that the good of the team is larger than himself comes available. You do whatever it takes to get him.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

He's a potential franchise QB who has not proven anything yet outside of that he has had a very good statistical year and could not elevate those around him when all they needed was 1 friggin win! OMG OMG OMG!!! Surely no other NFL QB has EVER had 1 great year in fantasy football on a losing team and then gone on to achieve mediocrity.

When a QB comes available. YOU GET HIM!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!! My nips are so hard right now. Please oh please oh please Tanny. Give Denver all the ammunition they need to make us look like even more of a pathetic joke of a franchise by unloading their problem on us for what might make the Hershel Walker deal look like a bargain!!!

OMG OMG OMG A QB!!! And one who doesn't fit the system and will undoubtedly undermine the *** HC at that!!!!

TANNY DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!

Thank You!

what would be the difference really if you were say the NE Patriots from a couple of *****s ago, when they had like 13 picks and ended up with only Merriweather by season's end on the roster-***** PICKS not trades for WR's

Well the main difference is we're talking about the Jets here and not the Patriots. Leave it to you to whine about threads getting hijacked and then do the same thing yourself. :rl:

I hope we give up all of our ***** picks for Jay ******. When you have the opportunity to get ass raped by an NFL team you do everything you can to do it. I want to start negotiations by saying we will give 2 1st round picks. Then we can say and anything else you guys want. OMG OMG OMG!!!

Wow a guy like ****** on the Jets!!!

Imagine.

He would go against what Rex is trying to establish with a run 1st *******. We can pass EVERY DOWN!!!! Rex is coming in here and establishing the Jets as a defensive powerhouse, something we have all been praying for for years, and we now have the chance to undermine that before it even gets off the ground. OMG OMG OMG!!! Cause when a diva who is disliked by his team and ignores his coaches and can't grasp that the good of the team is larger than himself comes available. You do whatever it takes to get him.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!

He's a potential franchise QB who has not proven anything yet outside of that he has had a very good statistical year and could not elevate those around him when all they needed was 1 friggin win! OMG OMG OMG!!! Surely no other NFL QB has EVER had 1 great year in fantasy football on a losing team and then gone on to achieve mediocrity.

When a QB comes available. YOU GET HIM!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!! My nips are so hard right now. Please oh please oh please Tanny. Give Denver all the ammunition they need to make us look like even more of a pathetic joke of a franchise by unloading their problem on us for what might make the Hershel Walker deal look like a bargain!!!

OMG OMG OMG A QB!!! And one who doesn't fit the system and will undoubtedly undermine the *** HC at that!!!!

TANNY DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!

I did not come to JN to read a book... that is all.

He had a pretty good season in '07 too. If he were a Jets QB people would have been ready to retire his number then. Each year he has averaged over 200 yards per game and has thrown considerably more TDs than INTs. Yep, sounds like nothing but a fantasy football dream.

Why doesn't he fit the system? Does the system say our QB has to be a ***** with a chicken arm?

Dude the kid is nothing like ***** other than the strong arm part. He would completely crumble under the NY Media the very first time they didn't kiss his a$$ which would happen sooner rather than later. As a Patriots fan, I want to see him land in NY because I know this is what would happen. On the other hand, there are a handful of you Jets fans who just don't deserve to be subjected to something like that yet again. :lol:

OMG ..you are trembling as you type Oke

Fear has set in PatsieLand.....Love it

Dude the kid is nothing like ***** other than the strong arm part. He would completely crumble under the NY Media the very first time they didn't kiss his a$$ which would happen sooner rather than later. As a Patriots fan, I want to see him land in NY because I know this is what would happen. On the other hand, there are a handful of you Jets fans who just don't deserve to be subjected to something like that yet again. :lol:

Nothing like ***** or nothing like *****? He sounds exactly like *****, only he's not 300 years old and he probably won't break down ten weeks into the season.

The Jets need to do whatever it takes to make this happen. We haven't had a franchise QB in a very long time and ****** has proven he is. He's young, talented, and productive. There's minimal risk compared to the potential upside. I'd start with 2 1st rounders and go from there. I probably wouldn't give up Revis (not sure if that's even workable with his contract anyway) but, off the top of my head, I'd be willing to deal pretty much anyone else.

He's a immature child but a damn good football player at the most important position on the field. I really don't care about his ********ity because there are many players that we know are jerks that are great and there are even more that we have no idea how nice a person they are that are great. Their job is to play football at a high level not to be good people. If he produces on the field it really has no affect on us whether or not he's a boyscout.

One thing I'm not buying right now is the fact that the Broncos have to get a good potential QB in return. I understand the logic but there's very few situations where a team has a QB they're willing to trade that has any value. The Browns are the only obvious one and everyone assumes they'll want to get involved. They might want to trade one of them but they really don't have to get involved in a Denver three way. They can do whatever they want and make their own deal when they see fit rather than be at the mercy of Denver. So I don't like how the media is constantly assuming the Browns are gonna do anything. I doubt he goes to the Jets but I think this deal is gonna come down to ***** picks and possibly a player (not a QB). I see the Broncos just *****ing one of the guys available.

Seriously people, do you want this whiny bitch on our team?

His temper tantrum over the course of the past 2 months is absolutely pathetic and indicative of anything but a consummate professional quarterback. The guy is a juvenile head case with a god complex and delusions of grandeur. He has done little in his career yet acts as if he's a seasoned 10 year Pro-Bowl veteran.

Sure, he had every reason to be initially upset after McDaniels' illustrious faux pas. I don't blame him for that. However, at the end of the day, this crap is as much a part of the game as the actual game itself is, get over it.

Maintaining a month long hissy fit, not calling back your coach and even moreso, the team owner, for over 10 days, says it all. This guy is a "me first" player who in my humble opinion, would disrupt what is budding into a nice team chemistry being implemented by ****.

Sure, he'd be happy coming to town initially. But what happens when things get rough? What happens when he gets yelled at by ****? Is he going to fold up his tent like he has in Denver? Is he going to cry home to Mama because he doesn't like what's going on?

The Jets have enough drama built into the very DNA of the franchise, they don't need to add more to the mix.....not at least, at the cost that ****** willd demand on the market.

Pass.

attachment.php?attachmentid=886&stc=1&d=1238591794

post-25-12804640021645_thumb.jpg

I just don't see us having the QB to get it done...

Dude, I am better than ******, I am totally available for trade and wouldnt mind Denver at all.

I hear the women are big out there but they have really pretty faces and great ********ities.

I think Detroit has the inside track here. They have the number one pick, which they don't really want. If the Broncos don't want to waste all the number one money then I could see us having a chance for him.

The #1 is a bad thing this year. I honestly can't find anyone who would want to pay a player 30M in just gauranteed money. I would not trade with the Lions if I was the Broncos. I honestly wouldn't.

Archived