Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

what did he need to say to Bowlen?

He already told him he couldn't work for the weasle

Bowlen is trying to save the coach he picked....

Would you have taken Elway or Eli?

If wittle Jay Jay's feelings were hurt by McDaniels then he wouldn't last 24 hours with Rex Ryan. For christ sake man. Yes, he's got a rocket arm but it's being controlled by a 3 year old's brain. I took douchey's side when this first happened kind of understanding why he would feel slighted but he took this about 3,000 levels too far. What did he need to say to Bowlen? How about. "Thank you Mr. Bowlen for paying me all of this money during my stay here." Dude is an immature douchebag.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If wittle Jay Jay's feelings were hurt by McDaniels then he wouldn't last 24 hours with Rex Ryan. For christ sake man. Yes, he's got a rocket arm but it's being controlled by a 3 year old's brain. I took douchey's side when this first happened kind of understanding why he would feel slighted but he took this about 3,000 levels too far. What did he need to say to Bowlen? How about. "Thank you Mr. Bowlen for paying me all of this money during my stay here." Dude is an immature douchebag.

there is no time for sentiment in big business

i'm sure bowlen made a bunch of coin off of JC

You know Cutler is a quarterback, right?

Of course.

Two things. One, no there isn't.

Yes, there is. If you look at the last 30 or so SB champions, with few exceptions, the 3 common attributes were:

1. A top 10 defense in points AND overall

2. A QB who had a probowl caliber year the year the team wins the SB

3. Offense that scores 23 or more points

If you look at the history, it is the rarity when a franchise QB wins a SB without an elite defense. The opposite is not the case. Elite defenses have won more SBs without franchise QBs than franchise QBs have won SBs without elite defenses.

Two, it's a false comparison because Cutler goes a lot further toward having an elite quarterback than Harris does toward having an elite defense.

It's not a false comparison if the Jets defense RIGHT NOW is elite. I believe it is. I don't believe Cutler is elite right now. Thus, the Jets defense, with Harris is already an elite unit, but we have to wait for Cutler to become elite.

Interchangeable ILBs...quarterback. Pharmacist...doctor.

LOL. The reason goes to the above. The Jets defense is elite IMO and that unit is stripped of a starter in the hopes of getting a QB who may or may not become elite in the future.

You're complaining about 1/3/Harris for Cutler? Seriously.

I believe it's overspending because I don't believe any other team is giving up a starter. We've gone over this before. The Broncos are not negotiating from a position of strength.

When Bowlen went public yesterday that was like blood in the water for a bunch of sharks rather than the start of a Sotheby auction.

Of course.

Yes, there is. If you look at the last 30 or so SB champions, with few exceptions, the 3 common attributes were:

1. A top 10 defense in points AND overall

2. A QB who had a probowl caliber year the year the team wins the SB

3. Offense that scores 23 or more points

If you look at the history, it is the rarity when a franchise QB wins a SB without an elite defense. The opposite is not the case. Elite defenses have won more SBs without franchise QBs than franchise QBs have won SBs without elite defenses.

It's not a false comparison if the Jets defense RIGHT NOW is elite. I believe it is. I don't believe Cutler is elite right now. Thus, the Jets defense, with Harris is already an elite unit, but we have to wait for Cutler to become elite.

LOL. The reason goes to the above. The Jets defense is elite IMO and that unit is stripped of a starter in the hopes of getting a QB who may or may not become elite in the future.

I believe it's overspending because I don't believe any other team is giving up a starter. We've gone over this before. The Broncos are not negotiating from a position of strength.

When Bowlen went public yesterday that was like blood in the water for a bunch of sharks rather than the start of a Sotheby auction.

how many elite D's won a SB with a crappy QB?

we have idiots for a fanbase

Coming from a buffoon such as you, that's a compliment. :D

That said, let's be clear here: Jay Cutler IS NOT A FRANCHISE QB.

He is a young QB whom you HOPE becomes a franchise QB.

Coming from a buffoon such as you, that's a compliment. :D

That said, let's be clear here: Jay Cutler IS NOT A FRANCHISE QB.

He is a young QB whom you HOPE becomes a franchise QB.

How is Revis a "franchise" Cb and Cutler isn't a "franchise" QB?

Nobody knows whats gonna happen. And the Jets especially never show their hand so you dont know what theyre gonna do. Nobody thought we could land Favre but we did at the last second. On Espn, they were saying that either McDaniels or the owner, whomever it is, is growing really fond of Sanchez. If we make the right trade, perhaps they could use some of the picks we give up to trade up in the draft to get him. Who knows.

Holy homer batman..

How is it that the Jets defense is "Elite" but Cutler isn't...

1 has a track record of elite play, the other sucked ass last year and has had a coaching change and new ILB as it's significant changes..

Holy homer batman..

How is it that the Jets defense is "Elite" but Cutler isn't...

1 has a track record of elite play, the other sucked ass last year and has had a coaching change and new ILB as it's significant changes..

Elite play? I may have missed something, but when has Cutler been elite?

All of these Jets/Denver trade scenarios are absurd, unless Denver thinks there will be a QB at #17 that they really want and think he can start as a rookie. Highly unlikely. The only way the Jets get Cutler is if a third team is involved that has an experienced QB to offer that Denver wants. Also kind of low on the probability scale.

I would love to see Cutler as a Jet, and Mr. T is good, I just don't see it happening.

I am looking forward to the Jets drafting Darius Hayward-Bay, Clemens and Ratliff battling it out and enjoying our violent defense with Revis and Harris still in green and white. By the way, for those of you who admit Harris was great as a rookie and now somehow believe he is over the hill at 25 or was some kind of flash in the pan, just watch him this year. I strongly suspect he was not 100% all of last year. He simply was not the same player.

So Is McDaniels, who got caught with his greasy little mitt in the cookie jar, trying to go all Herschel Walker on Cutler. Cutler is 25, man. He's a kid. Did he flip out in an immature fashion? Yeah. Just like Elway did, and Steve Young did at one point in their careers.

And, you have to admit, McDaniels looks like an outright buffoon here. He's had the job for twenty minutes and the franchise is already in Red Alert mode. He's trying to use Belichickian philosophy out there and, like all of his fellow Beli-protegee's, has fallen on his face.

All of these Jets/Denver trade scenarios are absurd, unless Denver thinks there will be a QB at #17 that they really want and think he can start as a rookie. Highly unlikely. The only way the Jets get Cutler is if a third team is involved that has an experienced QB to offer that Denver wants. Also kind of low on the probability scale.

I would love to see Cutler as a Jet, and Mr. T is good, I just don't see it happening.

I am looking forward to the Jets drafting Darius Hayward-Bay, Clemens and Ratliff battling it out and enjoying our violent defense with Revis and Harris still in green and white. By the way, for those of you who admit Harris was great as a rookie and now somehow believe he is over the hill at 25 or was some kind of flash in the pan, just watch him this year. I strongly suggest he was not 100% all of last year. He simply was not the same player.

broncos would be better off

signing Leftwich and drafting 2 #1's for D and draft a qb in 2010

answer the question

Do your own research.

But if you're talking about "non franchise QB" (or at least a QB who was not performing at a franchise QB level) who've won with an elite defense, there's:

2007 Giants

2005 Steelers

2002 Bucs

2000 Ravens

1991 Redskins

1990 Giants

1987 Redskins

1985 Bears

1982 Redskins

1980 Raiders

I am looking forward to the Jets drafting Darius Hayward-Bay, Clemens and Ratliff battling it out and enjoying our violent defense with Revis and Harris still in green and white. By the way, for those of you who admit Harris was great as a rookie and now somehow believe he is over the hill at 25 or was some kind of flash in the pan, just watch him this year. I strongly suspect he was not 100% all of last year. He simply was not the same player.

I disagree. I think McDaniels' true desire is to find a young QB he can mold. That's what he does, and I think he believed that Cutler was too far along in terms of ability and ego to try and tear down to build back up again. McDaniels doesn't need a starting QB right away, he needs a prospect that he can build.

Do your own research.

But if you're talking about "non franchise QB" (or at least a QB who was not performing at a franchise QB level) who've won with an elite defense, there's:

2007 Giants

2005 Steelers

2002 Bucs

2000 Ravens

1991 Redskins

1990 Giants

1987 Redskins

1985 Bears

1982 Redskins

1980 Raiders

pound salt, many of those Qb's were above avg

i think you have lost it

I dont know why everyone is so concerned with trading for Cutler when we can get Vick without giving anything up.

Agreed, and we know Vick can handle criticism, you know being in jail and all.

pound salt, many of those Qb's were above avg

i think you have lost it

I never said crappy QB, so stop arguing points that you made up on your own.

An "above avg" QB is a far cry from franchise QB. My point was simply franchise QB vs. elite defense.

Elite play? I may have missed something, but when has Cutler been elite?

For good chunks of the last season... His overall numbers are above average/near elite when you consider how bad their defense was..

I never said crappy QB, so stop arguing points that you made up on your own.

An "above avg" QB is a far cry from franchise QB. My point was simply franchise QB vs. elite defense.

OMG

and we do not have one of those

the only SB winnah with a crappy QB was Dilfer

Cutler is a Franchise QB and when he wins his SB....we will use search feature

What 5 would you take over Cutler?

Philip Rivers and ? That's the only definitive one a this point..

Top 5 based on "now" rather than what they may be. We're not talking projection or ceiling, but right now. The reason being that RIGHT NOW, without any projection or account for ceiling Revis is a Top 5 CB.

Here's my list of QB who are better than Cutler right now (in no particular order):

Peyton

Brady

Palmer

Brees

Rivers

McNabb

Big Ben

Romo

Cutler's close, but he's not there yet. Revis, on the other hand, is.

Top 5 based on "now" rather than what they may be. We're not talking projection or ceiling, but right now. The reason being that RIGHT NOW, without any projection or account for ceiling Revis is a Top 5 CB.

Here's my list of QB who are better than Cutler right now (in no particular order):

Peyton

Brady

Palmer

Brees

Rivers

McNabb

Big Ben

Romo

Cutler's close, but he's not there yet. Revis, on the other hand, is.

you are out of your phucking mind

If you think Cutler RIGHT NOW is better than McNabb, Romo, and Palmer then you're smoking crack.

romo blows and is the most overrated QB in history of NFL

Palmer has done squat in how many years?

Mcnabb got to dance once and choked his arse off?

I would take JC over Brees as well

Heard it on Sirius NFL Radio.... they are saying Snyder is really high on Cutler and looking to get it done. In addition they are speculating that Shanahan is the coach there next year. For the Broncos gets Cutler out of the AFC

They have said that a lot (Shanny to Washington) but I can't figure that out. Why would Shanny want to coach for a team that Synder owns? Just doesn't seem like a good marriage.

Archived