***Official JN Jay Cutler Talk - All Jay, All Day*** [Merged 49X]

Aten

Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

Why would he?

Teams aren't gonna be lining up to sign him. You've got far more established QBs available via free agency now. Clemens would be a moron to demand his release.

The only team he has any value to right now is the Jets.

If they don't get ******, he is competing for the starting job which he will most likely win.

If they do get ******, he will be an enormous help in helping ****** learn the *******. Believe it or not, there have been plenty of guys who made damn nice careers of being backup QBs in this league. Gary Kubiak was Elway's backup and eventually his QB coach, now he's a HC.

If it's not going to happen for Clemens as a starter, he could do a lot worse than being a 10-year backup with the same team.

Don Strock made a living out of carrying the clipboard and wearing a baseball cap for the Dolphins for many years. He left the game with some cash in his pocket, no injuries and all his marbles intact.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does your little boy have a cannon?

Chances are he will have a cannon. I do, my brother does, my father does.:character0293::character0293:

However, chances are also he will be sub 6'0''. I am, my brother is, my father is. :-(

No way.

We can have Mike Vick for nothing.

In 2010, the earliest. It'll be fun to see where his already poor QB skills have eroded to by then.

I'd do this trade, and hope that next year's #1 is in the 29-32 range.

I don't think that will be enough

It will be picks and a player

I answered the hypothetical, but you're right. Denver would be foolish to give up a Pro Bowl QB for "just picks." They'll want either a serviceable QB or a young, high quality player at another position as part of the package.

Broncos have deal in place to send ****** to San Francisco

The Broncos will acquire three ***** picks and quarterback Alex Smith in the deal

By Matt Baubo - print article

Published: April 1, 2009

The Denver Broncos have the framework of a deal in place to trade disgruntled starting quarterback Jay ****** to the 49ers, a source close to the team reports. The 49ers will reportedly send their first and third round pick in this year's ***** (10th and 43rd overall), their second round pick in the 2010 *****, aging safety Mark Roman, and former first overall pick Alex Smith.

******_jay.gif

Denver's Jay ****** (AP)

Talks accelerated after Bronco's CEO and team president announced the club was willing to trade ****** after trying and failing to contact the young signal caller for 10 days. Sources report that the 49ers were the most aggressive in their offer to secure the young quarterback's services.

This is the end of a long saga for McDaniels, who seemed unable to repair a relationship with his *** quarterback after ***s of a potential trade leaked. ****** asked to be traded in early March amid rumors that *** coach Josh McDaniels looked into trading ****** for Matt Cassel, McDaniel's former starting quarterback in *** England.

McDaniel's first attempt at repairing the relationship failed, with ****** telling ****, "[McDaniels] admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it."

Recently, ****** forfeited over $100,000 in bonus money by missing more than 10% of his team's offseason program driving the wedge further between himself and the organization. The move comes before ****** was able to embarrass the Bronco's organization further by missing the April 17th-19th minicamp.

The deal is contingent Smith passing a physical. Smith's shoulder has been an issue since he separated his shoulder in 2007. A bone chip in his shoulder forced him to injured reserve for the duration of the 2008 season.

The move also reunites Smith with former head coach Mike Nolan, who is the defensive coordinator for the Broncos. Smith and Nolan often had a frosty relationship after Nolan made Smith the first overall pick in the 2005 *****.

The 49ers now have the starting quarterback they seemed to be grasping for since 2003. Their aggressive approach to signing Kurt Warner indicated that the 49ers would not let another offseason pass without securing a successful starting NFL quarterback.

I seriously cannot believe that some Jets fans, with the opportunity to get a franchise QB, would just pass on this golden opportunity. I really can't believe it. How much longer are you gonna wait? 20 ****in years?

I think I read the same thing last year, except the name was F a v r e and not C u t l e r.

This guy is a cancer. The Jets have been paying the price since the days of Ken O'Brien for relying on free agency to run their *******. As crazy as it sounds, the most "progress" this team had was under a *****ed QB, **********. While the results weren't always what we wanted, the fact of the matter is that we enjoyed more success (by Jets standards, which are low) during a *****ed QB's tenure than 9 out of 10 free agent signings. Vinny was about the only exception, and that exception lasted one year.

The astericks seriously need to go.

It wasn't funny to begin with, just annoying now. They make the forum unreadable more than anything else.

To me, the asterisk has always seemed to be a poorly thought out literary appliance, if one will. I am most happy to see that you hold our Mother Tongue in a serious light.

I think I read the same thing last year, except the name was F a v r e and not C u t l e r.

This guy is a cancer. The Jets have been paying the price since the days of Ken O'Brien for relying on free agency to run their *******. As crazy as it sounds, the most "progress" this team had was under a *****ed QB, **********. While the results weren't always what we wanted, the fact of the matter is that we enjoyed more success (by Jets standards, which are low) during a *****ed QB's tenure than 9 out of 10 free agent signings. Vinny was about the only exception, and that exception lasted one year.

Dude, Jay Cutla is not a free agent.

BTW, this trade does make sense for both teams. Former #1 pick who at least has talent if nothing else. With the GREAT pass protection that the Denver offensive line will provide, Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal and Tony Schefler to throw to I'd honestly be surprised if Smith didn't re-invent in Denver. McDaniels (On the field at least) is also meant to be very good with QB's and his system is very QB friendly.

This deal probably should go through.

the link is good replace the * with capital C rest common case and the link is there.

Yup.

Anyone interested in the rest of the article?

Around the NFL

Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner will no longer be using his trademark gloves on the field this season. When asked why he merely responded with, "God told me not to wear them." No word from the team as to how this will affect his throwing motion.

In Buffalo, ***ly signed wide receiver Terrell Owens was seen getting into an altercation with Bills quarterback Trent Edwards during a charity Ultimate Frisbee tournament. Onlookers overheard Owens could yelling "Throw me the [expletive] frisbee! I'm open!" while getting really close to Edwards. Owens was later seen throwing popcorn in Edwards' face before storming out of the facility where the event was being held. Edwards and Owens could not be reached for comment.

Darren Sproles, the diminutive yet shifty running back for the San Diego Chargers, needed medical attention after being shot through a children's tube slide at acceerated speeds at a local San Diego park. "Man, you just pick up speed on that thing! I thought it was never going to end. I don't know how my kids do it." Sproles had minor scratches and bruises but should not miss any team workouts.

The Oakland Raiders have made another bold offseason signing with their acquisition of defensive end Amon Hobbs to a multi-year contract. While the details of the contract are not yet known, it is rumored to be a $45 million deal. This is a large amount for a player that was not able to secure a backup role last season with the Lions before being released. When **** analyst Tim Kurkjian was asked about his thoughts regarding the deal, he replied, "I am a baseball analyst." Oakland feels that Hobbs is a perfect fit for the starting role and could contribute immediately. Hobbs has 13 tackles and no sacks over his 8 year career.

Vinny was not a franchise qb, neither was O'donnel nor boomer nor OBrien

nor ********** nor todd nor ****

We haven't seen one since Joe Willie

Archived