Do you want Cutler?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Cutler?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dude gimme a break they said it on the wfan, maYBE ITS AN april fools joke i have no idea turn on your radio schmuck , it gets you that upset if someone says something on this site you dontbeleive?? haha

His panties bunch up easily... oh well...

Makes perfect sense. A defensive coach trades away one of the more important pieces on his defense to get an offensive player who is known to put his defense in bad situations by making boneheaded decisions. BRILLIANT!!

I'd do it. I like Harris but he's an ILB, and he's not that good.

I'm just looking at it from Ryan's perspective. No way is he going to take a piece from his defense in order to get an offensive player that is going to make things more difficult for said defense.

Ryan will not allow Tanny to give up a defensive starter. Its picks or bust.

Ryan works for Tannenbaum, not the other way around.

If the Jets are going to come up with the most attractive offer, it's probably gonna have to include a starter. Denver has defensive deficiencies, and the Jets have more talent on that side of the ball than on offense, anyway. Harris makes as much sense as anyone.

Chan, you were the biggest Cutler cheerleader around back in '06, you've got to have some way the Jets can realistically overcome these odds.

There's only 2 scenario's... 1 involves the Browns and the other Jeff Garcia./.

Maybe Mcdaniel would like to bring in the vet for a year or two and draft Sanchez..

I can't see this happening either and said so earlier in the day, big reason why I'm not too excited, we just don't have the ammo

I'm just looking at it from Ryan's perspective. No way is he going to take a piece from his defense in order to get an offensive player that is going to make things more difficult for said defense.

No, I disagree.

Defensive coach or not, Harris and Cutler simply aren't comparable in terms of value to a team. Harris is a decent player but most people just love him from his rookie season. Why? Well he was awful last season making him relatively unproven and he's injury prone.

As opposed to proven young stud of a franchise QB.

The Jets would rape the Broncos in that deal.

I am assuming logically that any deal the Broncos make involving Cutler will be predicated on their ability to get themselves a legit NFL starter to replace him.

The Lions have the ultimate carrot with the number one overall pick which the Broncos can use to select Stafford or Sanchez and replace Cutler with a hot shot rookie.

Other teams competing in this sweepstakes have more established QBs to be placeholders until the Broncos find a replacement for Cutler or higher first round picks than the Jets.

So unless the Jets get the Browns involved (which I don't think will work because the Broncos will probably want Quinn and I don't think Cleveland is willing to part with him) or nobody else is willing to part with two first-rounders I just don't see us having enough to win this sweepstakes.

Please convince me I am wrong.

we don't have the ammo, and some of the best deals are the ones you don't make ;)

this ****ing primma donna bitch wouldn't return the owners calls. who the **** is he to blow off bowlen ?

it's going to take a ricky williams / ditka like package to get him, and he'll never live up to the pricetag

be grateful the jets don't have a QB and 2#1's to give up for him

I am assuming logically that any deal the Broncos make involving Cutler will be predicated on their ability to get themselves a legit NFL starter to replace him.

The Lions have the ultimate carrot with the number one overall pick which the Broncos can use to select Stafford or Sanchez and replace Cutler with a hot shot rookie.

Other teams competing in this sweepstakes have more established QBs to be placeholders until the Broncos find a replacement for Cutler or higher first round picks than the Jets.

So unless the Jets get the Browns involved (which I don't think will work because the Broncos will probably want Quinn and I don't think Cleveland is willing to part with him) or nobody else is willing to part with two first-rounders I just don't see us having enough to win this sweepstakes.

Please convince me I am wrong.

They don't want the #1 pick... They'd have to pay the QB of their choice a fortune..

They signed Simms to a 2 yr, 6M contract which is quite high.. they may think he can do it. I don't agree, but 2/6M says maybe.

There's only 2 scenario's... 1 involves the Browns and the other Jeff Garcia./.

Maybe Mcdaniel would like to bring in the vet for a year or two and draft Sanchez..

I can't see this happening either and said so earlier in the day, big reason why I'm not too excited, we just don't have the ammo

This is the way I feel.

Jay Cutler to the Jets became a lot more realistic Tuesday night when Broncos owner Pat Bowlen announced he is now accepting trade offers for his unhappy Pro Bowl quarterback with the rocket arm. The Daily News reported on March 23 the Jets had already called the Broncos to let them know they wanted Cutler, 25, if Denver elected to trade him. A source with knowledge of the Jets' thinking said last week the Jets are very interested. A Jets spokesman said Tuesday night that the team would have no comment on Bowlen's announcement. But GM Mike Tannenbaum, who placed that recent call to the Broncos, is expected to be calling the Broncos again to make an offer. ... What can the Jets offer? They will have to start with their first-round pick (No. 17) and perhaps a third-round pick. Denver has been looking for defensive help for the last 10 years. The Jets have several appealing young defensive players. It's not likely they would give up Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis, but middle linebacker David Harris might be attractive to the Broncos. -- NY Daily News

DONE.

Jay Cutler to the Jets became a lot more realistic Tuesday night when Broncos owner Pat Bowlen announced he is now accepting trade offers for his unhappy Pro Bowl quarterback with the rocket arm. The Daily News reported on March 23 the Jets had already called the Broncos to let them know they wanted Cutler, 25, if Denver elected to trade him. A source with knowledge of the Jets' thinking said last week the Jets are very interested. A Jets spokesman said Tuesday night that the team would have no comment on Bowlen's announcement. But GM Mike Tannenbaum, who placed that recent call to the Broncos, is expected to be calling the Broncos again to make an offer. ... What can the Jets offer? They will have to start with their first-round pick (No. 17) and perhaps a third-round pick. Denver has been looking for defensive help for the last 10 years. The Jets have several appealing young defensive players. It's not likely they would give up Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis, but middle linebacker David Harris might be attractive to the Broncos. -- NY Daily News

I don't want to give up Harris, either. I honestly think Harris will be better than Revis.

Makes perfect sense. A defensive coach trades away one of the more important pieces on his defense to get an offensive player who is known to put his defense in bad situations by making boneheaded decisions. BRILLIANT!!

i agree...if they trade Harris for this **** head REX and Tanny should be fired....

(the broncos are going to FLEECE someone. I'm saying 4 pieces, a QB and 3 picks. Pray it's not us )

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/huddle_up/posts/60181-broncos-wont-lose-much-if-they-trade-cutler

Broncos won't lose much if they trade Cutler

Jay Cutler’s success in Denver has been blown way out of proportion, and new coach Josh McDaniels was right to have questions about the fourth-year quarterback.

Cutler earned a Pro Bowl berth in 2008 based on his 4,526 passing yards. But in more important metrics, namely wins (8-8) and TD-to-INT differential (25-to-18), Cutler came up short.

Many of Cutler’s biggest yardage games ended up in the loss column -- the Broncos were 3-4 when he threw for more than 300 yards. Denver’s turnstile defense upped the tempo of the game and gave Cutler plenty of opportunities to gain yards in between the 20s, even if those yards didn’t do much to help the Broncos win.

Cutler also benefited from a defensively challenged schedule last season. Thanks in large part to his porous AFC West competition, Cutler faced defenses that ranked in the NFL’s bottom 10 in a majority of his games. The highest-ranked defense he faced all year was No. 9 Tampa Bay. Cutler may think twice about wanting to leave Denver when he looks at the schedules of the teams interested in him.

Cutler also might find life tougher outside of Mike Shanahan’s offense. Shanahan’s offense regularly landed near the top spot in total yardage throughout his years in Denver. Cutler gained more passing yards than his predecessors, but that’s mainly because all the injuries to the Denver running backs over the last two seasons forced Shanahan to go to the air more than he would have liked. While Cutler did a decent job in that offense, Shanahan probably could have found a lot of quarterbacks capable of putting up big numbers.

McDaniels may be young, but he’s been around a fantastic quarterback his whole career and knows what it takes to succeed at that position. If he wasn’t sold on Cutler, that should make other teams around the NFL nervous. For all the highlight-worthy passes Cutler made, McDaniels had to wince at the mental mistakes and forced throws that burned the Broncos last season.

It’s probably not an accident that the teams reportedly interested in Cutler all have iffy track records when it comes to evaluating the position -- take, for example, the Bucs, 49ers, Jets,:bag: Lions and Redskins. Big arms or big stats have fooled all of those teams in the recent past. Now, as they try to put together the right offer to land Cutler, they’re lining up to make the same mistake again.

c'mon, that deal was to keep belicheats secrets out of the media ;)

Nah it was realistic... and I think Cutler will wind up netting the Broncos either 2 picks (1st and 2nd or 1st and 3rd) or a #1 and a QB...

Archived