Any Memeorial Day BBQ ideas?

JonEJet

Actually I went to a friends yesterday and he did a beef brisket marinaded in apple juice and crushed red peppers. Then cooked in a flat skillet on the grill. It was different and awesome. He also had beef ribs and hammered pulled pork. Very nice.

Smoked sausage (no homo) along with peppers and onions on the grill tonight. I have cooked every meal on the grill this weekend. Including -- yes I am going there -- pancakes this morning. True story. Shocking I know.

:-P

Smoked sausage (no homo) along with peppers and onions on the grill tonight. I have cooked every meal on the grill this weekend. Including -- yes I am going there -- pancakes this morning. True story. Shocking I know.

I call Bull****.... How the hell you keep the mix from falling through the bars on the grill?

Jerk Chicken!

ha!

I kind of like that jamaican jerk chicken stuff.

Today is a steak day. If I actually had a gas grill that's what I would do. Grill an awesome steak. Steam some pea pods, carrotts, mushrooms. Drink a frozen Margarita....

I'm hungry! :)

have you tried the pancake mix in the aerosol can yet Max? It's all organic too-not bad-a little airy but easy to do and not as messy

YUM!!!!

Over cooked? Tough piece of meat? What?

No easier way to ruin a steak than to put steak sauce on it. Bad bad bad. Not to mention it was cooked medium well-well and I like my steak rare-medium rare. Also , it was cooked on a GAS grill. Another no no. :(

No easier way to ruin a steak than to put steak sauce on it. Bad bad bad. Not to mention it was cooked medium well-well and I like my steak rare-medium rare. Also , it was cooked on a GAS grill. Another no no. :(

hank-hill.jpg

I think he would disagree --

I cook my steaks on my gas grill all the time -- they come out great.

PS I too just came back from a friends BBQ as well and the food was terrible. Charred chicken, pork & steak. All they had was meat, nothing else.

I proceeded to get 1/2 drunk on budwiesers.

PS I too just came back from a friends BBQ as well and the food was terrible. Charred chicken, pork & steak. All they had was meat, nothing else.

Its terrible when BBQ food sucks. I'm gonna tell my dad to do the grilling next year.

Why do folks insist on ruining chicken by this method? Chicken is a dense meat that needs slow cooking, not getting blasted by 1200 degree grill heat. Do yourself a favor: Coat chicken pieces with your favorite BBQ sauce, place in a roasting pan, and cook in a preheated 350 degree oven until its internal temperature is 160 degrees for breasts and 165 degrees for dark meat. Then, re-coat the chicken with sauce, and cook on the grill briefly to glaze it and give it that grilled taste.

Why do folks insist on ruining chicken by this method? Chicken is a dense meat that needs slow cooking, not getting blasted by 1200 degree grill heat. Do yourself a favor: Coat chicken pieces with your favorite BBQ sauce, place in a roasting pan, and cook in a preheated 350 degree oven until its internal temperature is 160 degrees for breasts and 165 degrees for dark meat. Then, re-coat the chicken with sauce, and cook on the grill briefly to glaze it and give it that grilled taste.

Dang borgo you cheffin?

Dang borgo you cheffin?

French trained, my friend. Talking about BBQ disasters always pi$$es me off. You've got folks with no cooking skills in charge of the grill, ruining food and the day. How many more times will people blast chicken on high heat and turn the outside to a charred mess, with blood red insides? Even if you cook it on low heat, chicken has lots of fat and is prone to cause flame ups. Also, while I'm at it, this is for all the dunces out there having BBQs: Don't put finished/cooked meat back on the same platter on which you brought out the raw product. This is how you turn a nice day into a field trip to your hospital's emergency room.

Archived