** The Brandon Marshall Thread ** [Merged 3X]

Jets Babe

Word. I'll only give them a first if they promise to deliver Marshall with a busload of Ritalin to keep him in check.

He's also coming off hip surgery, had almost as many fumbles (4) as TD's (6), and dropped about 20 passes last year.

He's got big time talent, but he's a risk from a lot of angles.

I'd much rather lease Plax for a year. No draft picks and fewer dollars for similar talent.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's also coming off hip surgery, had almost as many fumbles (4) as TD's (6), and dropped about 20 passes last year.

He's got big time talent, but he's a risk from a lot of angles.

I'd much rather lease Plax for a year. No draft picks and fewer dollars for similar talent.

I'm with this.

An added bonus, though. If the Broncs DO get down and dirty and decide to trade Marshall, you would think it would have to absolutely destroy any leverage that the Browns had in any trade discussions with Braylon Edwards. If Tannebaum was a smart accountant, maybe he could use the Marshall disaster to his advantage to get a nice deal on Edwards, with Plaxico as the fallback option.

My source told me that the Jets are one of the teams that are interested in B.Marsh and have "inquired".

Seeing that this is the same source that told you we'd move up for Sanchez when things got close to the draft, I am fairly confident that this is a fact.

Keep us updated Erika. :cheers:

I'm telling you, it's my theory. Bellicheck grooms and trains coordinators to beef up their "rep". But behind closed doors he is hatching an evil, evil plan. He plans on sending his soldiers in as rogue agents, trained in the arts of destroying football teams from the inside. All will be laid to waste until only the Patriots stand. Victims: The Jets (Mangini) The Irish (Weiss) The Broncos (McDaniels) and the Browns x2 because they fired him!!! So they suffer more!!! (Mangini and Crennel)

Nice theory, Belichick and Kraft may be paying all these coaches to do this. Only one flaw: Mangini and Belichick hate each other. However, that may have been a smokescreen. OR, Mangini was on board with it at first, then turned against him and caught him cheating.

Either way, evil.

Seeing that this is the same source that told you we'd move up for Sanchez when things got close to the draft, I am fairly confident that this is a fact.

Keep us updated Erika. :cheers:

That, and the fact that Tannenbaum can never pass up the opportunity to piss draft picks away.

Okay so its pretty much a definite that the Broncos are going to deal away their two best young up and coming players in the same offseason.

Wowza :rl:

I'm starting to think that Vics conspiracy theory about BB sending his assistants off to ruin others teams is true. lol

I'm starting to think that Vics conspiracy theory about BB sending his assistants off to ruin others teams is true. lol

Lol, I might start believing it too, because the Bronco's will have traded away two things the Jets haven't had in many years- A true QB and a true #1 receiving threat.

conspiracat.jpg

Marshall is in the same boat as Leon.

Both are 2006 4th rounders entering the last year of their rookie deals.

If the Jets trade for Marshall they'll have a double Leon situation. Will they extend both although they could only be RFA in 2010 without a new CBA? Or will the Jets risk a double-holdout.

Make no mistake, Tanny would make a HUGE mistake in trading for Marshall and giving him an extension without giving one to Leon as well.

In essence, it has to be a package deal. Trade for Marshall + give both Marshall & Leon extensions.

If the Jets trade for Marshall they'll have a double Leon situation. Will they extend both although they could only be RFA in 2010 without a new CBA? Or will the Jets risk a double-holdout.

Make no mistake, Tanny would make a HUGE mistake in trading for Marshall and giving him an extension without giving one to Leon as well.

In essence, it has to be a package deal. Trade for Marshall + give both Marshall & Leon extensions.

Good call bro... I didn't even think of the implications that might cause with that situation.

Very good point.

Well, this means we know Marshall would fit in with Rex Ryan.

How is it that this has not been brought up yet?

f8lB-KRmhd4

Imagine what gameday would be like when we play the dolphags? Amazing. Thats what. lol

For some reason this clip always made me laugh.

Bring Marshall here!!!

How is it that this has not been brought up yet?

f8lB-KRmhd4

Imagine what gameday would be like when we play the dolphags? Amazing. Thats what. lol

For some reason this clip always made me laugh.

Bring Marshall here!!!

Kinda hypocritical...He's talking trash right now...and he also has insecurities. But whatever, we need a receiver and he's available...let's get him.

Although, unlike Leon, Marshall is a proven Top 5 young Wide Receiver. 206 catches in two years and he didn't even play in all 32 games. Think about that one. Leon Washington can be put to the back burner if we are available to get a guy like Marshall in house.

Although, unlike Leon, Marshall is a proven Top 5 young Wide Receiver. 206 catches in two years and he didn't even play in all 32 games. Think about that one. Leon Washington can be put to the back burner if we are available to get a guy like Marshall in house.

Sorry, 124, but you're missing a key component: the Jets locker room.

According to reports, there is already rumblings that the players are bothered that the FO seems willing to pay other team's players big money and not their own. They view Leon as a test case.

Leon is well liked, team MVP, and a good guy. Marshall is an excellent receiver, but he's a known Thug Turd.

Extending Marshall and not Leon could very well fracture the locker room.

According to reports, there is already rumblings that the players are bothered that the FO seems willing to pay other team's players big money and not their own. They view Leon as a test case.

Where is this? We heard these B.S. rumblings last year, while Mangini was the coach, but nothing since. We have paid Kerry Rhodes, we have paid Jerricho Cotchery and IN TIME we will pay Leon Washington. If you get the chance to get a Top 5 young player at his position, like WR, you do it. Leon should want not only whats best for him but what is best for the team. He will get his money one way or another, getting Marshall improves his chances of winning a ring. But in the end he will get his money whether it be with us or somebody else.

The only players not getting their money from the Jets are the 30+ year olds like Thomas Jones (2 years remaining-- you do NOT give someone a new contract until they have at least only 1 year remaining) and Pete Kendall.

Where is this? We heard these B.S. rumblings last year, while Mangini was the coach, but nothing since. We have paid Kerry Rhodes, we have paid Jerricho Cotchery and IN TIME we will pay Leon Washington. If you get the chance to get a Top 5 young player at his position, like WR, you do it. Leon should want not only whats best for him but what is best for the team. He will get his money one way or another, getting Marshall improves his chances of winning a ring. But in the end he will get his money whether it be with us or somebody else.

The only players not getting their money from the Jets are the 30+ year olds like Thomas Jones (2 years remaining-- you do NOT give someone a new contract until they have at least only 1 year remaining) and Pete Kendall.

I'm only making half a million a season! WAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Archived