Lots of season tickets available

Jetsfan1015

I am on the Jets season ticket waitlist and I received an email from the Jets last night about me being able to purchase season tickets for this year. With the new stadium opening next year , I guess they decided not to offer people upgrades this year. So when I went online to see what was available for this year, to my surprise prime seats could be purchased. I ended up getting a mid-row sec 108 on the isle. But there were also mid-field tickets in the upper and lower level left as well as Mezz. Seems alot of people are giving up their tickets a year early and the Jets will blow through their waitlist members. Now obviously I realize this has no bearing on next year but it is a nice little treat for me to have good seats for one season.

I am on the Jets season ticket waitlist and I received an email from the Jets last night about me being able to purchase season tickets for this year. With the new stadium opening next year , I guess they decided not to offer people upgrades this year. So when I went online to see what was available for this year, to my surprise prime seats could be purchased. I ended up getting a mid-row sec 108 on the isle. But there were also mid-field tickets in the upper and lower level left as well as Mezz. Seems alot of people are giving up their tickets a year early and the Jets will blow through their waitlist members. Now obviously I realize this has no bearing on next year but it is a nice little treat for me to have good seats for one season.

I was in that section when we first moved over from Shea. It's right on the goal

line and great for watching goal line stands although difficult to see other end of

field. Gave those up about 5-6 years ago for closer seats.

I got the email too... not sure what Im gonna do... feel like buying seasons from the jets is like entering into an abusive relationship... money money money and then one day you wake up wondering why are you going to spend 12 hours (travel, traffic, tailgate) to watch the 5-10 Jets play the 4-11 bills. for the amount of many tickets plus PSLs will cost me i could watch the game from the poker table at the bellagio every week.

Wow.

I just checked My Jets Account (because although I have season tickets, they've never been in my name.. we buy them from one of my fathers clients every year since I was 7), and it had my old email as my email. So I went and checked it and low and behold, email from the Jets at 11:03 this morning offering me season tickets.

My waiting list number was 7,300-something.

I'm not going to purchase any seeing as I've already sent them the $1,800 check and its been paid. Too bad I didn't get this email in March or I would've jumped on the chance to have my own seats for 1 year, even if that meant leaving Section 124.

Wow.

I just checked My Jets Account (because although I have season tickets, they've never been in my name.. we buy them from one of my fathers clients every year since I was 7), and it had my old email as my email. So I went and checked it and low and behold, email from the Jets at 11:03 this morning offering me season tickets.

My waiting list number was 7,300-something.

I'm not going to purchase any seeing as I've already sent them the $1,800 check and its been paid. Too bad I didn't get this email in March or I would've jumped on the chance to have my own seats for 1 year, even if that meant leaving Section 124.

served

I have to admit that I am surprised that fans are not at least enjoying the last year in this stadium then giving them up

That surprises me as well. The Jets didn't raise prices for 2009 right? Why not enjoy one last season before giving up the season tix?

That surprises me as well. The Jets didn't raise prices for 2009 right? Why not enjoy one last season before giving up the season tix?

either fans were pissed off with the Jets over the PSL's and told them to go f@ck themselves or they just werent big fans to begin with.

Or Jets fans are really stupid and thought that we would be in the new stadium this year and didnt realize there was one year left.

I did it, much thanks to my older brother who laid out the money. I got the Section 308 row 30. 1710$.

My only question is what happens next year with PSL's. I'm upperdeck now, but when all the people with PSL seats want to move up to the cheapies do I get bounced out?

I did it, much thanks to my older brother who laid out the money. I got the Section 308 row 30. 1710$.

My only question is what happens next year with PSL's. I'm upperdeck now, but when all the people with PSL seats want to move up to the cheapies do I get bounced out?

Yes.

You will be a 1 year season ticket holder unless there are PSL seats available and you wish to purchase them.

BTW, Row 30? I think that is either the last or second to last row. But who cares, being the stadium is better than watching it on a TV.

Yes.

You will be a 1 year season ticket holder unless there are PSL seats available and you wish to purchase them.

BTW, Row 30? I think that is either the last or second to last row. But who cares, being the stadium is better than watching it on a TV.

I fully intend on being blacked out for most of the game. I love tailgating.

And now you will get to tailgate for at least 10 home games (if you go to the 2 Preseason games that is).

I'll probably go, something tells me those tickets don't have much resell value. Plus It'll be like the preseason for me also. Go over a few tailgating techniques, see what works best.

I'll probably go, something tells me those tickets don't have much resell value. Plus It'll be like the preseason for me also. Go over a few tailgating techniques, see what works best.

Factor in the heat of August vs. the temperatures in October, November & December as well. ;)

But you're right, Preseason tickets are pretty much worthless. You have to pay for them but you either then are going to use them yourself or basically get ready to hand them off for Free to a friend. My policy is if you buy 4 regular season games from me, like Lewis52 did, you get to go to the Preseason games for free.

Last year the friend I brought to both Preseason games bought the beer and that was his way in.

I was #300-something on the waitlist, so I got a call last week or the week before. It was actually a funny conversation. It went something like this:

Agent: "Your spot on the waiting list has come up, so we'd like to offer you the opportunity to buy season tickets to the Jets for the upcoming 2009 season"

Me: "Thanks for the call, but I bought a single season ticket from my friend at the end of May so I'll already be going. I'll probably just defer my seats until next year."

Agent: "That's certainly an option, but the good thing about buying a ticket now is that all season ticket holders will have the option of purchasing season tickets in the new stadium. If you remain on the wait list, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to purchase tickets."

Me: "That's fine by me. By the time you get to my spot as a 2009 season ticket holder, the only thing left will be PSL seats, and I can't afford them anyway."

Agent: "Well, if you stay on the waiting list, it's probably going to go away since the waiting list was made for the old stadium and there probably won't be one for the new stadium."

Me: "Oh well, that still won't make me suddenly have the money to shell out on PSL seats. I'll take my chances with what's available when you get to the wait list people for 2010 tickets."

That was pretty much it. I just couldn't imagine spending the money THIS year even though I'll already be going, just for the chance to have the option of buying a $30k PSL which will probably be what's left over by the time they get to me.

Factor in the heat of August vs. the temperatures in October, November & December as well. ;)

But you're right, Preseason tickets are pretty much worthless. You have to pay for them but you either then are going to use them yourself or basically get ready to hand them off for Free to a friend. My policy is if you buy 4 regular season games from me, like Lewis52 did, you get to go to the Preseason games for free.

Last year the friend I brought to both Preseason games bought the beer and that was his way in.

The August heat is laughable after melting down in Tampa all summer. It will be a welcomed experience.

It will be my first full season so I'll probably go to the preseason games.

I'm fine with getting bumped from my seats as long as it doesn't cost me my spot on the list. Am I gonna have to sign up for the list agian if I turn down the PSL seats? Or do they place me on the backburner?

They might just start an entire new list for the new stadium, according to KSJets' post on the recent page from what the guy from the Jets told him.

I would buy the season tickets but tell them to keep the PSL's.

Then you'll only get tickets for this season.

They moved all of us (1746-Me) from the waiting list to the Season ticket list c/o Ticketmaster because many of the long term season ticket holders in prime seats have rejected them for the NON-PSL seats in the upper deck.

You have to remember that if you accept these seats, you will be billed for an almost similar section in December of this year (Along with a PSL bill).

I was right about the PSL issues (the empty lower deck & the 1st in, 1st to get upper deck seats 1st senarios over a year ago). I do not believe I am wrong this time either.

Archived