Quinn benched

afosomf

I was hoping it would be for Ratliff, that would be hilarious.

Browns coach Eric Mangini named Derek Anderson his starter for Sunday's game against the Bengals.

Mangini is trying to give his anemic offense a spark. Anderson replaced an ineffective Brady Quinn in an ugly Week 3 loss to the Ravens and threw three interceptions but did move the ball better than Quinn could. Anderson likes to go downfield more than Quinn and has a better rapport with Braylon Edwards.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/09/cleveland_browns_derek_anderso.html

What?

If Gholston is too soon to judge than so is Quinn.

Why is that most people think Quarterbacks have to be playing like Montana did in his prime in their first 10 games and if he doesn't do exactly that, he sucks? Yet anyone at any other position needs 3 or 4 years until you can label that player a bust. I just do not get the logic.

brady quinn has been overrated since Notre Dame. He's not a great QB by any means.

Are you kidding me?

Quinn's been victimized by the same thing Gholston was victimized by: Eric Mangini coaching.

I just hope the kid can catch on with a team with a competent QB coach when those morons in Cleveland cut him loose.

Quinn is in his third ****ing season. He's done nothing.

It's easy for 124 to **** all over Trent Edwards who's been in the league for the same amount of time as Quinn (Has played much more and has played much better).

Some of you guys are unbleivable. The guy's a ****ing bust. He's can't throw a pass further than 10 yards! Between him and Russell it's as bad a 1st round of QB's I've ever seen.

What?

If Gholston is too soon to judge than so is Quinn.

Why is that most people think Quarterbacks have to be playing like Montana did in his prime in their first 10 games and if he doesn't do exactly that, he sucks? Yet anyone at any other position needs 3 or 4 years until you can label that player a bust. I just do not get the logic.

Say's the guy that spent Ben's first four years labling him a bust. :bwahaharoll:

:Nuts:

Oh and Kleck, in a world where Matt Ryan is the next Chad Pennington, Brady Quinn is the next Ryan Leaf.

Yes, because Brady Quinn is yelling at reporters and has a generally ****ty attitude. :rolleyes:

Your overly emotional response to my daring to call Matt Ryan a good quarterback pretty much proves my theory about him being the second coming of Pennington. Pennington is the only other QB I've ever seen cause such emotional hysteria in people.

Yes, because Brady Quinn is yelling at reporters and has a generally ****ty attitude. :rolleyes:

Your overly emotional response to my daring to call Matt Ryan a good quarterback pretty much proves my theory about him being the second coming of Pennington. Pennington is the only other QB I've ever seen cause such emotional hysteria in people.

Matt Ryan has been ridiculously good since entering the league. He had one of the greatest rookie seasons in the history of the game and after one bad performance in his second season you call him Chad Pennington II, obviously as an insult.

Yet you defend Brady Quinn who will never play anywhere near the level Ryan played at last season. He's ****ing garbage.

What has Ryan done to make you think he can't be a good NFL QB?

I laugh when people say "oh, he's only played in 7 games."

Yeah, there's a reason for that.

Because he was playing behind Anderson who had a probowl year so he started. I'm not saying Quinn is going to be a good QB but I'm not going to judge him or anyone else on the team until they get a new coach or play for a new team.

Matt Ryan has been ridiculously good since entering the league. He had one of the greatest rookie seasons in the history of the game and after one bad performance in his second season you call him Chad Pennington II, obviously as an insult.

Yet you defend Brady Quinn who will never play anywhere near the level Ryan played at last season. He's ****ing garbage.

You can't judge an NFL quarterback with only 7 starts in a moronic offensive system.

I never said he can't be a good QB Mick.

I said he was a good QB.

I said he wouldn't be a great QB and people reacted like I raped their mothers in their living rooms.

Fair enough but comparing him to Chad is worse then raping someone mother, especially mine. She's short and fat, she looks like Cartmen's stunt double.

Because he was playing behind Anderson who had a probowl year so he started. I'm not saying Quinn is going to be a good QB but I'm not going to judge how he's playing or anyone else on the team until they get a new coach or play for a new team.

Okay, he couldn't start because of The Great Derek Anderson. That's a defense of him?

Quinn is awful throwing the ball downfield. He plays like a ****ing *****, everything is a checkdown.

Ask anyone who used to post on JI, very few people defended Chad Pennington like I did until 2006.

I think Chad was a very good QB. I think Chad could have been a great QB if not for the injuries. Sadly, Chad's career will always be a "what if?"

I think Ryan's ceiling is good to very good. I don't see GREATNESS in him.

He'll never be on the level of Manning, Brady, Montana, Elway.

You must hate Chad because I didn't mean it as an insult.

Archived