Post Game Thoughts

jason423

Pretenders. There is no other way to describe this group of guys. They just lost to Dick Jauron, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and the awful Buffalo Bills at home. A team that had given up on the coach and the season just came into our building and took away any good memories we had about this season. There are no excuses for that. The Jets talk too much from the coach on down and for the third week in a row they got shut up.

Offense

I don

Sanchez and the Jets were never that good to begin with. I don't think the Jets should have losses to the Fins and Bills either though. The Saints game makes perfect sense, but the meltdown actually began even before that, in the Titans game. I said ball control was an issue, and everyone claimed he's a rookie so it's okay. No, it's only okay if you correct things, why are these things not worked on in practice? You can't just ignore faults when you win and pretend they didn't happen, you have to fix them because otherwise they will come back and hurt you. If you wait until after it becomes an obvious, recurring problem, then it becomes harder to correct and morale of course goes down.

Next week Asomugha will probably shut Edwards down. The Raiders typically are weak against the TE but Keller appears just as hopeless out there right now. Seymour will stuff the dancing bear routine. Next week is going to be a really rough game, and a very possible loss.

TJ running well also sucks, just like you mentioned it can be the worst thing. I wanted to see Greene out there, but no chance of that happening now.

Yup. Said it during the whole game, he runs a non-sensical, turnover prone offense and the guy is simply not good at what he does. This is going on 3 years now and I don't understand how all the fans and media see it while the FO doesn't. Tannenbaum has to fire him ASAP before he turns Sanchez into damaged goods.

I was thrilled last year when word broke that he was fired with Mangini only to find out a day or two later he never was let go. The guy sucks. Look at Penningtons turnovers before and after Schottenheimer. Chad is pretty much a 10x a year INT guy. with Schottenheimer he is a 16X a year INT guy. Favre before Scottenheimer with a bad offensive line is a 15x a year guy. With a great line like he has in Minnesota hell probably be around 10. He had 22 last year. I just dont understand what he does.

Yup. Said it during the whole game, he runs a non-sensical, turnover prone offense and the guy is simply not good at what he does. This is going on 3 years now and I don't understand how all the fans and media see it while the FO doesn't. Tannenbaum has to fire him ASAP before he turns Sanchez into damaged goods.

ala Jason Garrett...

Also it kind of makes you wonder about how much "marty ball" actually reigned in "Schotty Ball" back when San Diego was having their offensive success for which Schotty receives so much credit

Pretenders. There is no other way to describe this group of guys. They just lost to Dick Jauron, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and the awful Buffalo Bills at home. A team that had given up on the coach and the season just came into our building and took away any good memories we had about this season. There are no excuses for that. The Jets talk too much from the coach on down and for the third week in a row they got shut up.

Coaching

I don

I dont want to be the pat myself on the back, I'm glad I was right guy but....

everyone laughed at me when I said during the offseason that Rex needs to shut the **** up. That all this smack talk is going to come hurling back in his face when we **** all overselves like we've done the past few weeks and like we always do.

Rex because of his big fat mouth, is now fighting an uphill battle. He's ****ed if this team keeps playing at this level because he can believe and talk all he wants, but when your team doesnt perform and you lose to Dick Jaron and Ryan Fitzpatrick, you suck at what you do.

No, that's Chan's job.

I've been all over Rhodes, but fair is fair; the guy played well. And so did the defense. 16 points over 5 quarters isn't too shabby. Add in 300+ yards rushing the problem comes into focus-bad QB play, dumb coaching and poor special teams. In that winds-which should not be a surprise for any coach that plays it's home games in the Meadowlands-there are days field position is key. Penalties, Weatherbee and Jim Leonard's abysmal work on punts killed this team. How you decide on an OT kickoff to punch someone in the face in full view of the officials is simply amazingly stupid. It's ahrd to understand unless discipline is nonexistent. You aren't winning anything if that guy isn't cut today.

This game sucked for A to Z. The last INT was the worst; Sanchez could've run for the first down, and he practically threw it into P'zny's hands.

No, that's Chan's job.

You were the first person to respond and defend him when I was screaming to stfu.

I've been all over Rhodes, but fair is fair; the guy played well. And so did the defense. 16 points over 5 quarters isn't too shabby. Add in 300+ yards rushing the problem comes into focus-bad QB play, dumb coaching and poor special teams. In that winds-which should not be a surprise for any coach that plays it's home games in the Meadowlands-there are days field position is key. Penalties, Weatherbee and Jim Leonard's abysmal work on punts killed this team. How you decide on an OT kickoff to punch someone in the face in full view of the officials is simply amazingly stupid. It's ahrd to understand unless discipline is nonexistent. You aren't winning anything if that guy isn't cut today.

This game sucked for A to Z. The last INT was the worst; Sanchez could've run for the first down, and he practically threw it into P'zny's hands.

Kerry played well again, at least one of his haters will admit to what they saw.

And I agree 100%. If you are going to deactivate Clowney for tweeting, you cut Ihediboogaboo today. Its time to start backing up your talk with actions Rex and this is a perfect time to make an example.

I was thrilled last year when word broke that he was fired with Mangini only to find out a day or two later he never was let go. The guy sucks. Look at Penningtons turnovers before and after Schottenheimer. Chad is pretty much a 10x a year INT guy. with Schottenheimer he is a 16X a year INT guy. Favre before Scottenheimer with a bad offensive line is a 15x a year guy. With a great line like he has in Minnesota hell probably be around 10. He had 22 last year. I just dont understand what he does.

There are a lot of things wrong with this team, but Shott could be fired today and Callahan could take the reigns and we'd be better for it. I understand why we kept him - because management didn't want every aspect of the team to have new faces and lose continuity. What he brings to this team needs to be lost. Hopefully forever.

You were the first person to respond and defend him when I was screaming to stfu.

Kerry played well again, at least one of his haters will admit to what they saw.

And I agree 100%. If you are going to deactivate Clowney for tweeting, you cut Ihediboogaboo today. Its time to start backing up your talk with actions Rex and this is a perfect time to make an example.

HE should bench himself then. Seriously, last week with the timeouts and this week with Sanchez, desptite all the evidence to the contrary, he "believed in his guys" till the bitter end. He needs to process information and make decisions based on facts rather then faith.

Two miserably coached games by sexy rexy.

It's my job to be right? Cause I certainly don't bump old posts when I am..

If only there were some way that one could have seen these things coming. Perhaps a sort of quarterback career forecast, if you will, which could project a player's pro potential based on what he did in college as compared to the performance of other quarterback prospects with similar profiles. For Rhodes it's easier. 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. The 1 is that game against the Bills in 2006.

If only there were some way that one could have seen these things coming. Perhaps a sort of quarterback career forecast, if you will, which could project a player's pro potential based on what he did in college as compared to the performance of other quarterback prospects with similar profiles. For Rhodes it's easier. 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. The 1 is that game against the Bills in 2006.

lol

HE should bench himself then. Seriously, last week with the timeouts and this week with Sanchez, desptite all the evidence to the contrary, he "believed in his guys" till the bitter end. He needs to process information and make decisions based on facts rather then faith.

Two miserably coached games by sexy rexy.

I think that this is something he will learn. He wasn't anywhere near my top choice as coach, but I think he showed in those first few games that he at least has the potential to be a good coach. I think right now Rex is learning that being the head coach of an entire football team is much different than being the defensive coordinator of a team. Coming into this gig I dont think he did. When you listened to him talk I think he believed he was the head coach of the Ravens and I think he told his players that as well at least on the defensive side of the ball.

He's going to have to become more involved with the offense. I cant say I watch them on the sidelines all the time but I dont think I have once seen Sanchez come out and have Rex talk to him. Ive seen Shcottenheimer take that role almost exclusively. To me the playcalling indicates that there is no communication between coach and coordinator about what they plan on doing on 4th downs. 3rd and 4 and you make the decision its 4 down territory you have to run two times or at least run and then go playaction. When you have decided FG no matter where you are on the field you have to run to get better yardage. You also cant be calling run plays with no TOs and be forced to rush the special teams unit on the field. This is a guy calling plays and another guy deciding how to manage the game. They have to be on the same wavelength and I dont think they are.

Main thought: Sanchez is a game manager and lacks the arm strength to trully take over a game in dominant fashion. In order to find post season success, the Jets will require an excellent defense and running game. We overpaid with a 5th pick.

My feeling is Sanchez never had to throw in traffic, or against a real defense. He continues to throw deep because that's what he knows, wide open WRs downfield. He has nice touch and accuracy. Honestly, it's a lot like what we saw from Brett Ratliff.

The guy's never had to make real plays and put the ball in tight windows, and honestly, he plays for the New York Jets, which is in the Northeast, so all of this warm weather crap needs to be thrown out the window immediately. If he can't cut it in the cold, he doesn't belong in the NFL.

Right now, the guy is just not a good QB, and he honestly looks like, without a wide open WR, that he has no idea what he's doing. Not ready to sell, but nothing to be happy about from him right now.

Hey, you stole my sig.

If only there were some way that one could have seen these things coming. Perhaps a sort of quarterback career forecast, if you will, which could project a player's pro potential based on what he did in college as compared to the performance of other quarterback prospects with similar profiles.

I assume you're referring to Lewin...FWIW, he rated Sanchez as the best QB in the 2009 draft, though you probably knew that already.

Of course, he also said "if he has to play right away, there is a strong chance Sanchez will fail," which is, shall we say, less reassuring.

Iif Sanchez hadnt shown any flashes I'd be a lot more worried.

The problem is that he had a good first game. Everyone's expectations rose too high, and now, when averaged over 6 games, he's playing exactly like a rookie QB with 16 college starts was predicted to be playing.. like ****ing ****..

THis is the bed we choose to lay in with Sanchez, everyone should've lowered expectations accordingly when we started him.

Archived