Tiger Woods

Maxman

bad news for the golf industry

http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/200912117801012/news/

12/11/2009 Tiger Woods taking hiatus from golf

By Tiger Woods

I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I want to do my best to try.

I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What's most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.

Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period.

Screw the golf world. Saving a marriage and being a good dad is FAR more important. I wish Elin the best of luck on her journey to trust and happiness.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what does Kobe endorse?

never see him on TV

McDs, Nike, Sprite

He was estimated to pull in 16 million in 2007. Last year's finals are believed to have boosted him by another 10 million.

Do you even have cable in VT?

Screw the golf world. Saving a marriage and being a good dad is FAR more important. I wish Elin the best of luck on her journey to trust and happiness.

Yeah, kinda helps when you are a billionaire to figure out what you can focus more on.

Sorry, but Elin is screwed emotionally. Tiger CLEARLY does not love his family more than himself. I've had girlfriends that I have cheated on and looking back every single time it has been because I was not 100% in to the relationship and loving who I was with and who they made me be. I could see Eldrick having a "mistress" perhaps (wouldn't condone it), a little bit of strange on the side, but this guy has a stream of women. Regardless of the background the trend is there. Depending on a timeline, if this guy has been banging more than 2 broads during the time he's been with his wife, then there is a MAJOR problem.

Eldrick has never had a chance to let loose. The wonder dad thrust clubs in his hands at 3yrs and has cultured this kid to do 1 thing: be good at golf. Did he teach him to be a good human being, man, father, husband? Who knows? I guess we just accepted that as Tiger was seen as being almost the uber-male. Perhaps he believed that and that was his downfall.

Thing is, I have ZERO respect for Eldrick. None. I have not been a fan. The way he carries himself on the course is abysmal. Throwing and breaking clubs after bad shots, cursing loud, sulking, all of which make him a horrendous role model. He is everything I try and teach the boys I coach not to be. be the best you can? Absolutely. But carry yourself with some class, dignity and respect for others. Eldrick has failed to do this on the golfcourse and it has finally caught up to him off it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see steroids come up in all of this.

Tiger isn't even his REAL name! And he used it in a voicemail to a slut, he refers to himself as Tiger, it is it his real name? The word Tiger envisions power, supremacy, strength. We're going to hear another MJ-esque story that a young child was thrust to be an adult without being a kid. His dad had clubs in his hand at 3 and was on tv at early ages. So many negative influences that thought otherwise.

Yeah, kinda helps when you are a billionaire to figure out what you can focus more on.

Sorry, but Elin is screwed emotionally. Tiger CLEARLY does not love his family more than himself. I've had girlfriends that I have cheated on and looking back every single time it has been because I was not 100% in to the relationship and loving who I was with and who they made me be. I could see Eldrick having a "mistress" perhaps (wouldn't condone it), a little bit of strange on the side, but this guy has a stream of women. Regardless of the background the trend is there. Depending on a timeline, if this guy has been banging more than 2 broads during the time he's been with his wife, then there is a MAJOR problem.

Eldrick has never had a chance to let loose. The wonder dad thrust clubs in his hands at 3yrs and has cultured this kid to do 1 thing: be good at golf. Did he teach him to be a good human being, man, father, husband? Who knows? I guess we just accepted that as Tiger was seen as being almost the uber-male. Perhaps he believed that and that was his downfall.

Thing is, I have ZERO respect for Eldrick. None. I have not been a fan. The way he carries himself on the course is abysmal. Throwing and breaking clubs after bad shots, cursing loud, sulking, all of which make him a horrendous role model. He is everything I try and teach the boys I coach not to be. be the best you can? Absolutely. But carry yourself with some class, dignity and respect for others. Eldrick has failed to do this on the golfcourse and it has finally caught up to him off it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see steroids come up in all of this.

Tiger isn't even his REAL name! And he used it in a voicemail to a slut, he refers to himself as Tiger, it is it his real name? The word Tiger envisions power, supremacy, strength. We're going to hear another MJ-esque story that a young child was thrust to be an adult without being a kid. His dad had clubs in his hand at 3 and was on tv at early ages. So many negative influences that thought otherwise.

Steroids for his Petey? or his golf swing?

Where has Nike been during all this? I predict Nike drops Tiger sooner than later.

They only way that Nike would drop Tiger woods is if he robbed a bank, recorded it, posted it on youtube and screamed "westside"!

Or he retired.

Nike cant drop Tiger, just like they couldnt drop Jordan when he had his cheating thing on his wife.

Nike knows that the media is in control of most of us. Soon it'll be okay to love tiger again and everyone will be back on it because honestly, he generates too much money for corporate businesses....like Nike.

They only way that Nike would drop Tiger woods is if he robbed a bank, recorded it, posted it on youtube and screamed "westside"!

Or he retired.

Nike cant drop Tiger, just like they couldnt drop Jordan when he had his cheating thing on his wife.

Nike knows that the media is in control of most of us. Soon it'll be okay to love tiger again and everyone will be back on it because honestly, he generates too much money for corporate businesses....like Nike.

TW plays with all Nike Products, Nike has no choice but to keep him

Accenture Gillette and others may drop him like a rock

BTW have to Admire Saint Elin, if i did that to my wife i would still be

lookin for my d1ck

Or he retired.

major props to Luce :D

:rl::rl:

Official: Tiger Woods' Wife Bought House in Sweden

Just a day after Tiger Woods announces hiatus from golf, his wife buys 6-bedroom house on Swedish island that's only accessible by boat.

Saturday , December 12, 2009

STOCKHOLM —

A Swedish residential official confirmed Saturday that Tiger Woods' wife bought a house on a small island off Stockholm.

Stenake Johansson, the chairman of the Residential Association on Faglaro island, told the Associated Press that Elin Nordegren became the owner of a six-bedroom house on Dec. 1. The island is only reachable by boat.

"Elin Nordegren has bought it, but I don't know how much Tiger has signed on to those papers," said Johansson, adding that his organization is still waiting for all the paperwork to come in.

Woods announced Friday he is taking an indefinite break from golf in an attempt to save his marriage following two weeks filled with allegations of extramarital affairs.

There have been unconfirmed reports the couple may be on their way to Sweden to try to escape the worst of the media frenzy.

Nordegren's father, radio talk show host Thomas Nordegren, said Saturday he doesn't know whether that is true.

"I have no comment to this. I don't know anything either," he said.

Faglaro is one of the thousands of islands that make up the Stockholm archipelago, and only reachable by boat. The quickest route is a 45-minute ferry from nearby Vaxholm — considered the main municipality of the archipelago — where Nordegren grew up.

The island has about 140 properties, mostly used as summer homes. Only two are used all year round, Johansson said.

"But the Faglaro mansion used to be an old farm. It is solid and big and can be used throughout the year," Johansson said of Nordegren's property, which is among the biggest on the island.

He said negotiations for the property likely started shortly after the house was put on the market in August — well before the recent reports about Woods' alleged extramarital affairs.

Johansson could not confirm the mansion's reported price of $2.2 million and said he didn't know whether Nordegren and Woods planned to move in.

Woods and his wife have been married for five years and have a 2-year-old daughter and a 10-month-old son.

Since turning professional in 1996, Woods has dominated the sport by winning 14 major tournaments and 70 PGA Tour events.

Archived