Pre End Of Season I'm Bored With Football Jets Draft

New York Mick

1st Round - Joe Haden, CB - Florida

We need to get a DB other then Revis that can cover and make a play and Haden is one of the best CB in college.

2nd Round - Golden Tate, WR - Notre Dame

Washington was the only playmaker on the team and I'm not sure how he'll play after such a badass injury and we also need a WR that can get firstdowns and Tate plays in a Pro Style Offense which should help his transition to the pro level. On top of being a playmaker he has good hands and runs good routes.

4th Round - Lamar Houston, DE/DT - Texas

We need depth on the dline and Houston is great at stopping the run.

6th Round - Brandon Banks, KR/PR/WR - Kanas State

He's small as hell for an NFL player but that might help him in the return game getting lost behind his blockers. He's fast as well as being quick as hell and he's one of the best return guys in college. God knows we could use a good KR/PR.

7th Round - Chris Hall, OL - Texas

He had knee trouble but I think it is healed. He's played all of the Oline positions so he could make a good back up.

1st Round - Joe Haden, CB - Florida

We need to get a DB other then Revis that can cover and make a play and Haden is one of the best CB in college.

2nd Round - Golden Tate, WR - Notre Dame

Washington was the only playmaker on the team and I'm not sure how he'll play after such a badass injury and we also need a WR that can get firstdowns and Tate plays in a Pro Style Offense which should help his transition to the pro level. On top of being a playmaker he has good hands and runs good routes.

4th Round - Lamar Houston, DE/DT - Texas

We need depth on the dline and Houston is great at stopping the run.

6th Round - Brandon Banks, KR/PR/WR - Kanas State

He's small as hell for an NFL player but that might help him in the return game getting lost behind his blockers. He's fast as well as being quick as hell and he's one of the best return guys in college. God knows we could use a good KR/PR.

7th Round - Chris Hall, OL - Texas

He had knee trouble but I think it is healed. He's played all of the Oline positions so he could make a good back up.

Call me crazy, but do we NEED another great CB. Yeah, it would be awesome to have 2 lockdown CB's but how many teams have had 2 shutdown CB's? Is it a need?

Am I missing something?

It would make it a hell of a lot harder to run on us as well as pass if we had two shutdown corners and I was taking who I thought would be the bpa around 10. The Jets might win enough games though to push us down around 15 to 20 and Haden will be long gone. In that case I'd go with Cody from Bama or maybe one of the WRs like Bryant. It's still real early so it's impossible to figure where players are going. FS could be another choice since Rhodes is tackling like Deon Sanders but not covering like him and E Smith is more of a run stopper. If we traded Rhodes for more picks and drafted another shutdown corner E Smith could be used more like Steve A****er in run support then pass coverage.

Anyway as I said it's just for fun, to early to really get into it.

It would make it a hell of a lot harder to run on us as well as pass if we had two shutdown corners and I was taking who I thought would be the bpa around 10. The Jets might win enough games though to push us down around 15 to 20 and Haden will be long gone. In that case I'd go with Cody from Bama or maybe one of the WRs like Bryant. It's still real early so it's impossible to figure where players are going. FS could be another choice since Rhodes is tackling like Deon Sanders but not covering like him and E Smith is more of a run stopper. If we traded Rhodes for more picks and drafted another shutdown corner E Smith could be used more like Steve A****er in run support then pass coverage.

Anyway as I said it's just for fun, to early to really get into it.

I know, I just feel like using an early pick on a CB is a waste. I think we should pick one up later in the draft.

Of course we could pick one up later in the draft but I don't want another Lowery trying to cover players I want another Revis.

revis is a rare player.....you could draft cb's for the next 10 years and never get another revis.

btw, i think we go d-line with our first pick. possibly with our second pick too.

revis is a rare player.....you could draft cb's for the next 10 years and never get another revis.

btw, i think we go d-line with our first pick. possibly with our second pick too.

Of course the draft is a crap shoot.

I hope we don't, I'd rather get a CB or FS and then get a playmaker for the O. The only DL I like will be gone by the time we pick I think. If Cody has a good game against Florida and in the Bowl and then does well at the combine he's going higher then 15 - 20. Jared Odrick is another player that might go to high for us to get in the 2nd and might be to risky to take in the 1st.

It's still early so alot of things are going to change.

I want us to go BAP on DT or DE in the first 2 rounds. 4th Round I want to go Oline or secondary, BAP again. 6th 7th go ST KR PR. I don't know if we are gonna keep Brad Smith and you never know what the deal is with Leon.

The other thing to consider is what are we doing with TJ. If we let him go is anyone comfortable with Shonne Greene and Leon coming back from his broken leg? I say we keep TJ but if we don't I think RB is a consideration with the 4th rd pick. If we do this I take a project Oline guy with the 6th or 7th.

With two elite CBs you can get by with less than elite safeties. You can also have the safeties focus on the run more. If Joe Haden is a sure thing(don't know myself) then get him, trade Kerry "the situation" Rhodes and you can get by with Eric Smith and Leonhard at safety and tell Smith to focus on the run which he's good at. So my point is I like the idea of drafting a potentially elite CB with a mid to late first round pick.

I think the real question you should ask is...is any first round cb we could draft this year any better than Lito Shepperd when healthy? I say no.

I think the real question you should ask is...is any first round cb we could draft this year any better than Lito Shepperd when healthy? I say no.

Are you joking? There is a good chance that some of the top guys are going to be better then him right away. I'd take my chances with CB Haden or safeties Berry or Mays. All of them have a good chance of being very good NFL DBs. Shepperd not so much anymore.

I thought he was definitely going back to school. No?

I heard, but the dude's been working with advisors since October and is still submitting paperwork for a grade. If the guy kills it against Stanford he'd be a fool to stay and I imagine everyone around him will say the same. Personally I think he's going to be awesome.

I heard, but the dude's been working with advisors since October and is still submitting paperwork for a grade. If the guy kills it against Stanford he'd be a fool to stay and I imagine everyone around him will say the same. Personally I think he's going to be awesome.

I can't ****ing believe Locker isn't going into the draft. The dumbass might be the 1st pick or at worst top 10, he just gave up 50 plus million dollars to take a chance on getting hurt or drop in ranking.

Are we sure about having a 4th round pick? There was some confusion regarding the conditional 4th for Sheppard.

I've heard two things. One was that it's conditional in that it's between a 2nd and a 4th. Also read that it's conditional between a 2nd-4th OR it could be nothing at all if the Jets cut him after this year.

Thing is the Jets have to make this decision about 2 months before the draft so they can't see if they get one they think can start immediately and then cut Sheppard.

I think they'll cut him. He was only going to get that mega-deal if he reverted back to pro bowl form. He's also missed like half the season. So given that, I'd say the Jets will have a huge hole at CB2 come draft day unless they plan on starting Lowery in 2010.

I can't ****ing believe Locker isn't going into the draft. The dumbass might be the 1st pick or at worst top 10, he just gave up 50 plus million dollars to take a chance on getting hurt or drop in ranking.

Sarkisian was relentless in getting him to return, it really wasn't that surprising. Feels he's still too raw and the pressure that gets put on highly drafted QB's to start immediately would ruin him. Have to say he has a damn good point (I agree when it comes to Locker), and his experience with NFL prospects at USC by now speaks for itself. He wasn't going to be the #1 overall regardless and maybe not even the first QB off the board...this gives him the chance to be...he'll be a top 2-3 overall prospect going into the '10 season.

Sarkisian was relentless in getting him to return, it really wasn't that surprising. Feels he's still too raw and the pressure that gets put on highly drafted QB's to start immediately would ruin him. Have to say he has a damn good point (I agree when it comes to Locker), and his experience with NFL prospects at USC by now speaks for itself. He wasn't going to be the #1 overall regardless and maybe not even the first QB off the board...this gives him the chance to be...he'll be a top 2-3 overall prospect going into the '10 season.

I think if he did good at the combine he'd move ahead of Clausen. Bradford's status depends on his shoulder.

The thing is that thats just a stupid amount of pressure on himself.

There's no point, and I'm glad he's staying.

Trust me I agree with you guys about that but if I was in a situation where I could make a ton of money and take a chance of not playing well or take a chance of getting hurt and not making any. I'm going for the money.

It will be a good thing if he does well next year and doesn't get hurt but if he plays bad or gets hurt bye bye millions.

In a sport like football I think you need to go for the money as soon as you can. He was one of the highest rated QBs in this draft.

I think if he did good at the combine he'd move ahead of Clausen. Bradford's status depends on his shoulder.

Depends, Washington, St. Louis, and Cleveland are high on Clausen right now, but he's got kind of a Cutler thing going for him and his dad is a nutjob. Very realistic possibility that he slides due to those factors. Teams will shy away from Bradford early because of the shoulder and the kid who'll probably benefit from both of their shortcomings is Mallet.

Depends, Washington, St. Louis, and Cleveland are high on Clausen right now, but he's got kind of a Cutler thing going for him and his dad is a nutjob. Very realistic possibility that he slides due to those factors. Teams will shy away from Bradford early because of the shoulder and the kid who'll probably benefit from both of their shortcomings is Mallet.

I can't wait to see the combine to see how a lot of these guys do in all of the positions, there should be a lot of movement on the ranking charts.

Locker would have gone over Clausen just based on pure physicality...

However, if he remains unscathed throughout the next season, coaches are going to see this kid isn't all about dollar signs...

That would move him up a teams board higher than a good combine ever could...

They already know he has the intangibles...

But he has a head on his shoulders as well...

I really hope this kid makes it through next year healthy...

I don't see Golden Tate dropping the the middle of the second round. He's a playmaker and a good one. I bet he goes mid to late round 1.

Exactly...

He's the same thing we were debating on with Percy Harvin last year...

If he smokes weed, he's a dead ringer for the early 20's :cheers:

I don't see Golden Tate dropping the the middle of the second round. He's a playmaker and a good one. I bet he goes mid to late round 1.

I agree, this was done early so I had him as a high 2nd. I think after the what he did at the end of the season (and guessing what he'll do at the combine) he'll go mid to late 1st. That's why in my new draft he might be my first pick.

WR and CB are two mysteries at this point. We can sign Edwards, which I think we will for not too much since he needs a fresh start and gives us a viable deep threat. At corner we have Shepard who we will most certainly cut but I predict we may then resign him.

That being said many of you seem to want to draft a corner or safety. Our pass defense is outstanding, and would only be better served by some D line depth. Unless a sure thing DE-DT falls to us I would just as soon wait to draft this in the second round or later. I can't see us keeping TJ and Leon. This is going to sound crazy but I think we should sign Leon and teach him to play slot receiver (our version of Wes Welker) He has a burst of speed and has shown he can catch, with some mentoring we may be able to use him in the return game, as a slot receiver and for one to five snaps a running back or seminole. I suggest we trade TJ for a third round selection, which is after all our lucky round, and draft CJ Spiller.

If we follow my blueprint, we will maintain our dominant run game, shore up the D and O lines with some newfound depth, and give Sanchez a big play option out of the slot. Everything will pretty much be the same so we can watch Sanchez develop, this defense further gel under Ryan's new system, and watch our team improve.

Don't get me wrong, Leon is a great back, but he will never be a number one and he wants too much money to be a number two. Besides, what are we going to do with stud back Greene then? He can be a great change of pace third back, a seminole threat, and our third receiver operating out of the slot and full of big play potential. What linebacker or number three corner could possibly hope to keep of with Washington? Our offense needs another dimension, and of course a better O coordinator.

Archived