mock draft

bitonti

No bashing, it's quite good.

I don't think Cody is going to go that high unless he really steps up at the Senior Bowl and Combine and I think Dan Williams is going higher.

At least you don't have Tebow going to Jax at 10 like half the other mocks.

Bryant is a steal for the Ravens, dumb ass rule to keep him from playing this year.

I don't think Cody is going to go that high unless he really steps up at the Senior Bowl and Combine

just looking at the Chiefs, they have a big gaping hole at NT... and they took Tyson Jackson at 3 so anything is possible. I think mocks that have Cody slipping to late round 1 are not accurate.

benn v bryant is a tough call, i think benn will run faster... but there's alot to be determined.

Bit, I haven't seen Benn at all this year, but saw him a few times during the prior season. I know he's athletic and big, but is he a better receiver than Bryant in your eyes? I mean as far as running routes and making plays on the ball and whatnot.

Benn didn't have a very good year and unless he does well in the combine he's not going in the 1st round IMO.

I missed that in my first post I'd switch Benn with Golden Tate.

just looking at the Chiefs, they have a big gaping hole at NT... and they took Tyson Jackson at 3 so anything is possible. I think mocks that have Cody slipping to late round 1 are not accurate.

benn v bryant is a tough call, i think benn will run faster... but there's alot to be determined.

Cody's draft really depends on the Senior Bowl and Combine, if he does good at both he could easily go that high but if he doesn't I think he's going late first round.

I honestly don't think Bryant will go in the first round, he didn't have a good year and there are a few WR I'd take ahead of him.

first attempt of the year, bash away!

http://draftdaddy.com/MD/draft2010.htm

My two cents...

Detroit needs to protect their young franchise QB...my guess is they go with Okung.

JETS...I haven't seen enough of Benn. Are you sold on him? I like Damian Williams but he's off the board in your mock. Have seen some solid comments on Patrick Robinson the CB from FSU. Very attractive next to Revis next year.

The rest looks reasonable to me at this stage.

The USC WR will not go ahead of Bryant or Benn.

Cody aint a top 5 pick

unless we are talking about Larry Fitzgerald or Jerry Rice type of production, the Wide receivers are about 40 times. Damien Williams from USC will likely be the fastest WR, and hence go the highest.

Dez Bryant might not even break 4.6. I could have easily left him out of the round, that's how slow he might run. He's got linebacker or tight end speed. Demaryius Thomas out of Georgia Tech probably deserves to go round 1... and again it will come down to 40 time. This might not be fair but it's how the draft works.

Benn might not deserve to go round 1 either but I suspect he will run well. Tanny loves the Big 10 (Greene, Gholston, Mangold, Keller)... and Benn has been the king of the big 10 for a while.

as for Cody, even if we accept for the sake of argument he's not good, and he's not worth the pick... well teams make dumb picks all the time. Would you take Tyson Jackson at 3? Jason Smith at 2? I wouldn't. But that's the mindset of the chiefs and the rams.

I remember Vince Young going 3 absolutely blowing my mind, after that, there's no pick too stupid for these teams. Tim Tebow could go top 10 and it wouldn't really surprise me.

unless we are talking about Larry Fitzgerald or Jerry Rice type of production, the Wide receivers are about 40 times. Damien Williams from USC will likely be the fastest WR, and hence go the highest.

Dez Bryant might not even break 4.6. I could have easily left him out of the round, that's how slow he might run. He's got linebacker or tight end speed. Demaryius Thomas out of Georgia Tech probably deserves to go round 1... and again it will come down to 40 time. This might not be fair but it's how the draft works.

Benn might not deserve to go round 1 either but I suspect he will run well. Tanny loves the Big 10 (Greene, Gholston, Mangold, Keller)... and Benn has been the king of the big 10 for a while.

as for Cody, even if we accept for the sake of argument he's not good, and he's not worth the pick... well teams make dumb picks all the time. Would you take Tyson Jackson at 3? Jason Smith at 2? I wouldn't. But that's the mindset of the chiefs and the rams.

I remember Vince Young going 3 absolutely blowing my mind, after that, there's no pick too stupid for these teams. Tim Tebow could go top 10 and it wouldn't really surprise me.

Ha, good point.

I didnt realize you were trying to emulate this ****ty franchises.

Tyson Jackson and Cody back to back years. Woof.

I'd take Trent Williams over Benn and I honestly hope this organization would as well...

i can guarantee you that the Jets will not use a first round pick on a player for whom they don't have a starting job. The Jets FO want the BEST OL in the league to play together. they don't want to break up the band.

Then you probably ought to have us drafting a cornerback, no?

honestly that's the only other position i could see them drafting... but how do the Jets take a first round corner when Revis hasn't gotten his money yet. contractually the team has the most leeway at WR and RB.

honestly that's the only other position i could see them drafting... but how do the Jets take a first round corner when Revis hasn't gotten his money yet. contractually the team has the most leeway at WR and RB.

Lets say for arguments sake that we win this weekend and our slot gets lower, not such a bad thing when you think about the money you're putting into him. That having been said, does that make a pick like Golden Tate or Jordan Shipley more acceptable??

After seeing how the league has been changing and the passing game is used quite frequently as a defacto run game, I think those two would be a great fit in our system. Give someone whom Sanchez can get into a rhythm early by getting a few quick slants or bubble screens to.

My preference has been Golden Tate for a while ever since I found out that Tanny was looking to trade up to get Percy Harvin last year. Tate's the closest thing to Harvin that I've seen.

Lets say for arguments sake that we win this weekend and our slot gets lower, not such a bad thing when you think about the money you're putting into him. That having been said, does that make a pick like Golden Tate or Jordan Shipley more acceptable??

After seeing how the league has been changing and the passing game is used quite frequently as a defacto run game, I think those two would be a great fit in our system. Give someone whom Sanchez can get into a rhythm early by getting a few quick slants or bubble screens to.

My preference has been Golden Tate for a while ever since I found out that Tanny was looking to trade up to get Percy Harvin last year. Tate's the closest thing to Harvin that I've seen.

I hope the **** we get Golden Tate as far as drafting Shipley in the 1st I would say no. GMs are going to be looking for the next Welker type player so he might go in the mid to late 2nd depending on the combine.

I hope the **** we get Golden Tate as far as drafting Shipley in the 1st I would say no. GMs are going to be looking for the next Welker type player so he might go in the mid to late 2nd depending on the combine.

Trade back into the 2nd round and take either Arthur Jones or Jared Odrick we are very week at DE.

2nd pick in the 2nd round take Shipley even if you have to trade back up in the 2nd to get him he will be an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses with nickel backs, LB's and Safetys trying to cover him, can you imagine having Keller, and Shipley on the inside running free with at least 1 of them always drawing a mismatch.

Trade back into the 2nd round and take either Arthur Jones or Jared Odrick we are very week at DE.

2nd pick in the 2nd round take Shipley even if you have to trade back up in the 2nd to get him he will be an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses with nickel backs, LB's and Safetys trying to cover him, can you imagine having Keller, and Shipley on the inside running free with at least 1 of them always drawing a mismatch.

I'd rather get Tate with our first but if we don't I wouldn't mind Shipley with our second (hopefully he's more Welker and less Tim Dwight). I think Odrick is going to be gone before we pick in the second.

Well, right, but that will cease to be true when we resign Edwards and we no longer have either a starting spot or contract leeway for a first-round receiver. I don't really think Revis's deal is an impediment to another first-round corner. It's not like he's going to have a problem playing out the buyback years and in any case redoing his contract after four years basically frees up the cap to pay the draft pick anyway.

I think Haden is the only CB worth picking in the 1st round and he'll be gone. Warren and Robinson might get picked but I wouldn't want either of them.

Robinson is okay. The Jets are big on Dominique Franks. Closest thing to a Revis type might be Brandon Ghee from Wake.

It doesn't matter which WR we should choose because we won't be drafting one until the second round. Last year it was a bigger need and we passed to step up and get the franchise quaterback we really needed, however now we have Edwards and a defensive-minded coach and that equals defensive player. Taylor Mays makes a lot of sense and if we have to trade up a few spots I think Tanny will get it done

Pittsburgh Steelers - CB Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State

The Steelers may be targeting CBs, Cox is a strong man-to-man player with ball skils.

I'd be pleased with the pick. Usually when the Steelers are desparate at a position they are predictable and will jump on a player of need.

• 2 weeks later...

Benn might not deserve to go round 1 either but I suspect he will run well. Tanny loves the Big 10 (Greene, Gholston, Mangold, Keller---and Edwards, Leohnard and Moore)... and Benn has been the king of the big 10 for a while.

I like your draft. Two things that surprised me but then again...not really.

1 - Jets going WR. You make a good point about Edwards not being the long term fix but Tanny has been a guy that neglects that position pretty consistently. With Rex in his ear I expect a defender to be our first round selection, particularly someone in the secondary.

2 - The Chiefs. I agree that they need a big NT but with Haley in charge, I see them going offensive line or WR. Right now they only have Bowe at WR and nobody to protect their overpriced garbage behind center. They got ran all over last year but with only so many picks...i see them going offense.

Good draft though, i like the insights since i don't know most of the player yet.

Archived