Joe Flacco is the Worst Postseason QB in the the SB Era

SMC

With at least 5 Postseason starts, no QB in the SB era has been worse overall:

vs. Dolphins: 9/23 - 135 yds - 0 TDs - 0 INTs - 59.1 QB Rating

vs. Titans: 11/22 - 161 yds - 1 TD - 0 INTs - 89.4 QB Rating

vs. Steelers: 13/30 - 141 yds - 0 TDs - 3 INTs - 18.2 QB Rating

vs. Patriots: 4/10 - 34 yds - 0 TDs - 1 INT - 10.0 QB Rating

vs. Colts: 20/35 - 189 yds - 0 TDs - 2 INTs - 48.4 QB Rating

I like Flacco and he had a good year (314/499 - 3,613 yds - 21 TDs - 12 INTs - 88.9 QB rating), so we can't chalk up his horrible postseason performance last year to just being a rookie.

He was quantumly better this year than last year, but was still atrocious in the postseason.

And we can't use the silly "he doesn't have receivers" argument because he has Derrick Mason and the All-world Todd Heap to throw to.

Some players can't perform in the big game and I wonder if Flacco is one of them.

I like Flacco and he had a good year (314/499 - 3,613 yds - 21 TDs - 12 INTs - 88.9 QB rating), so we can't chalk up his horrible postseason performance last year to just being a rookie.

He was quantumly better this year than last year, but was still atrocious in the postseason.

And we can't use the silly "he doesn't have receivers" argument because he has Derrick Mason and the All-world Todd Heap to throw to.

Some players can't perform in the big game and I wonder if Flacco is one of them.

Dude this may be lamest post i have seen all week, Flacco played with a f ucked up

hip, he has no WR's to mention, a very old D Mason is his best wideout.

Two years in league and 1 AFC championship game and 1 loss to a great Colt team

Watch the games and think before you post

The kid is legit.

Dude this may be lamest post i have seen all week, Flacco played with a f ucked up

hip, he has no WR's to mention, a very old D Mason is his best wideout.

Two years in league and 1 AFC championship game and 1 loss to a great Colt team

Watch the games and think before you post

The kid is legit.

Get a clue, donkeyboy. There's obviously been lamer posts. :D

In any event, the Mason excuse is lame in and of itself. What about Todd Heap?

Flacco has weapons and he's not the reason why the Ravens have gone to the AFC Championship Game or played against the Colts.

You need to watch the games, because if you thought Flacco helped the Ravens beat the Pats last week you're crazy. The Ravens had to overcome him in 4 of 5 postseason games.

It's just starting to come out now too how much pain he was in during that NE game. Dude couldn't even sit down on the flight home from the Oakland game. But yeah, pretty much every WR on that team aside from Mason ranges from average to bad. Heap's OK I guess, but nothing special really. What's been Baltimore's main problem this season is that their line has completely collapsed in several games. Notably yesterday and the Green Bay games. Ravens need to target WR and LT as their top priorities this offseason in the worst way and Harbaugh needs to get consistency out of this team.

Get a clue, donkeyboy. There's obviously been lamer posts. :D

In any event, the Mason excuse is lame in and of itself. What about Todd Heap?

Flacco has weapons and he's not the reason why the Ravens have gone to the AFC Championship Game or played against the Colts.

You need to watch the games, because if you thought Flacco helped the Ravens beat the Pats last week you're crazy. The Ravens had to overcome him in 4 of 5 postseason games.

Reallly a 36 year old possession WR in Mason and a beat up Heap as weapons

Yeah Kelly Washington is a stud too. Last week they did not need to throw, they

had a 24-0 lead before you could blink. He also was very hurt a fact lost in your

lame post.

Reallly a 36 year old possession WR in Mason and a beat up Heap as weapons. Yeah Kelly Washington is a stud too. Last week they did not need to throw, they had a 24-0 lead before you could blink. He also was very hurt a fact lost in your lame post.

Nothing but excuses for a consistent horrible postseason performer.

Yes, he was hurt, but he's not the 1st QB to be hurt in the postseason. He's just performed worse than most.

Plus, your "no weapons" argument doesn't take into account that Flacco had a GOOD REGULAR SEASON.

Did his weapons in the regular season just turn to total crap in the postseason?

Seriously. The guy had a good regular season then crapped the bed again in the postseason. Explain that.

Yes, he was hurt, but he's not the 1st QB to be hurt in the postseason. He's just performed worse than most.

Plus, your "no weapons" argument doesn't take into account that Flacco had a GOOD REGULAR SEASON.

Did his weapons in the regular season just turn to total crap in the postseason?

Seriously. The guy had a good regular season then crapped the bed again in the postseason. Explain that.

they were 9-7 not 11-5, they were the 6th seed, he got hurt in Oakland.

Christ after all the Sanchez bashing by Jets fans you attack Flacco, look in the

mirror or at least at the JN posters that mocked Mark all year.

they were 9-7 not 11-5, they were the 6th seed, he got hurt in Oakland.

Christ after all the Sanchez bashing by Jets fans you attack Flacco, look in the

mirror or at least at the JN posters that mocked Mark all year.

Again, Flacco was GOOD THIS YEAR. The point is not about him in the regular season, it's only about the postseason. That's it.

People bashed Sanchez for their own reasons.

I'm talking about what Flacco has done in 5 playoff games and they are not good. He had 1 decent game and 4 horrible games. That can't be ignored or dismissed away because of injury.

Tony Romo gets killed for not being able to play well in the big game, but Romo looks like a HOFer compared to Flacco's postseason performance.

So we're clear, I'm talking about Flacco being a GOOD REGULAR SEASON QB and a CRAPPY POSTSEASON QB.

Todd Heap is all-world?

He's still young, but if you were to ask me right now the knock on Flacco is going to be that he is not a "big situation" QB. Im not sure I have ever read about him having that game winning or saving type drive. Statistically he looks like he should be a keeper in the NFL, but I have not seen the same wow factor in him as Matt Ryan has shown during the same timeframe.

The guy is 3 and 2 on his career beating some solid teams. You could say a similar thing about Sanchez' postseason. Low passing yards, low attempts. He did what the team needed to win.

Hell, Peyton Manning just got to .500 for his career in the playoffs last night. I suppose he sucks too?

Lame thread.

Sort of helps the old numbers when you get to play Detroit, Denver, Cleveland (twice), Cinci (twice) and Oakland.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but the playoffs are a little bit harder on QB's and usually the rest of the team. The competition is a bit higher.

The guy is 3 and 2 on his career beating some solid teams. You could say a similar thing about Sanchez' postseason. Low passing yards, low attempts. He did what the team needed to win.

Hell, Peyton Manning just got to .500 for his career in the playoffs last night. I suppose he sucks too?

Lame thread.

Who gives a crap about Flacco? Is he starting for us today?

I'm worried about our own guy.Who, incidently had himself a fine first pre-season game as a rookie. What was his rating?

If there's one thing that doesn't bother me is Sanchez's heart, I think he's a gamer and he loves the big time. He just makes bad reads.

Flacco. don't care.

Todd Heap is all-world?

2 time Pro Bowler and All Pro 2nd team. That's pretty good.

Lame thread.

It's not about winning the game when the QB plays like utter crap and the team wins DESPITE him. Seriously.

Look at Flacco's numbers again. Remember the games. He was awful against the Fins and the Ravens won DESPITE him. Same in the Pats game. The Ravens weren't good enough to win DESPITE him against the Steelers.

And Matt Ryan has only 1 playoff game. He threw 2 ints and lost a fumble.

Why not pick on him a little bit.

Talk to me about Flacco sucking when he has a better team around him.

Matt Ryan played ONE GAME. This is FIVE games by Flacco with FOUR playoff stinkers.

Sorry guys but Flacco isnt the problem in Baltimore its the lack of decent WRs that corps has to be the worst in the league.

Their WRs suck. Anquan Boldin will probably be a Raven if he doesnt end up *crosses fingers* In Miami.

Vote this thread as one of lamest of the year

Nah, they're lamer.

We'll just have to wait until next year and see if the Ravens make the playoffs. If he craps the bed again we'll wait for your excuse for him.

Again, Flacco: GOOD in the regular season CRAP in the postseason.

Those are the facts. If the truth is lame, so be it.

I always said Flacco and Ryan get way overrated by Jets fans. Sanchez had an average rookie season that got blown up because he plays in the worst media market in the country with the worst most negative fans. Things are finally turning around a bit, mostly thanks to Rex' refusal to roll over and give into all the negative talk that plagued this franchise in the past.

Flacco doesn't use his WRs usually, even in the regular season. Mason is a fine WR and is probably better than anything on the Jets (Braylon drops too many, and Cotchery isn't exactly all world in speed, Mason can however get deep). The pain thing is just an excuse that can stall the argument, he wasn't in pain last year though.

I'd rather have Sanchez over Flacco, I've felt this way for awhile. Sanchez had his struggles in the middle of the season but his progress has been good and he's answered the questions, he should officially be out of bust running.

I always said Flacco and Ryan get way overrated by Jets fans. Sanchez had an average rookie season that got blown up because he plays in the worst media market in the country with the worst most negative fans. Things are finally turning around a bit, mostly thanks to Rex' refusal to roll over and give into all the negative talk that plagued this franchise in the past.

Flacco doesn't use his WRs usually, even in the regular season. Mason is a fine WR and is probably better than anything on the Jets (Braylon drops too many, and Cotchery isn't exactly all world in speed, Mason can however get deep). The pain thing is just an excuse that can stall the argument, he wasn't in pain last year though.

I'd rather have Sanchez over Flacco, I've felt this way for awhile. Sanchez had his struggles in the middle of the season but his progress has been good and he's answered the questions, he should officially be out of bust running.

Mason is near the top of list of drops, he is 36 and not even close to Cotchery who had 1 drop in 2008 and under 5 in 2009

Ravens WR's are pathetic and Heap has been beat up all year. Read the title

of thread again, it reeks of Lameness

Statistically, these are the 2 worse Postseason QBs:

Craig Morton (5-5) - 87 completions, 219 attempts, 1,188 yards, 9 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, and a 42.9 QB rating.

Joe Flacco (3-2) -57 completions, 120 attempts, 660 yards, 1 touchdown, 6 interceptions, and a 46.51 QB rating.

Considering that Morton played in a different era (1970s), Flacco's numbers are worse. Note, no other postseason QB with at least postseason starts come close to Flacco's or Morton's numbers.

Those are the facts.

Heap is a complete non-factor has been and Mason is 87 years old.

Flacco is a 2nd year QB.

The point of this thread is beyond premmature.

Premature? His 5 postseason starts are compared to other QBs with at least 5 postseason starts.

Right now, Flacco is the worst with at least 5 starts. It doesn't mean he'll be the worst when his career is over. But right now, he's the worse with only Craig Morton having an argument that he is the worst.

It took Peyton Manning something like 9 years to win the big one.

Just sayin'.

Winning the "big one" has absolutely NOTHING to do with this discussion.

This is purely about postseason performance by a QB, win or lose.

Statistically, these are the 2 worse Postseason QBs:

Craig Morton (5-5) - 87 completions, 219 attempts, 1,188 yards, 9 touchdowns, 15 interceptions, and a 42.9 QB rating.

Joe Flacco (3-2) -57 completions, 120 attempts, 660 yards, 1 touchdown, 6 interceptions, and a 46.51 QB rating.

Considering that Morton played in a different era (1970s), Flacco's numbers are worse. Note, no other postseason QB with at least postseason starts come close to Flacco's or Morton's numbers.

Those are the facts.

Fact Brady was a weakling his first year in league and could barely hold a clipboard.

Manning thru 28 ints his rookie year and lost a playoff game to a Herm led NY Jets 41-0

To call a 2nd year QB out, makes you look like an Idiot, that be the fact

The critics here really don't understand something. Just because Flacco sucks in the postseason doesn't mean he sucks at a QB.

Look at the following HOFers postseason numbers:

Fran Tarkenton (6-5) - 149 completions, 292 attempts, 1,803 yards, 11 touchdowns, 17 interceptions, and a 58.6 QB rating.

This is part of football. Donkeyboy thinks it's lame, but this is reality of the NFL. Some good QBs crap in the postseason.

Fact Brady was a weakling his first year in league and could barely hold a clipboard.

Manning thru 28 ints his rookie year and lost a playoff game to a Herm led NY Jets 41-0

To call a 2nd year QB out, makes you look like an Idiot, that be the fact

Actually, Donkeyboy, there's nothing idiotic about this point.

Flacco could be in the NFL 2 years or 12 years and it doesn't matter. It's simply 5 postseason games or more. That's it.

All are judged equally. If facts are idiotic to you, so be it.

Archived