Just when you thought you couldn't like Rex anymore

s dubb

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What relevance does that have to do with my post, Mr Klecko?

The guy was being baited by a jackass in front of his kids. If that were you and some jackass Dolphins fan was baiting you that way in front of your kids, dude would be lucky to be walking out of the arena with all of his teeth.

This stuff happens, there just happened to be someone there who snapped a photo and posted it one the internet within minutes.

Rex is a winner. It's stuff like this that fires up his players and makes them want to run through a wall of flames for him. You've decided you don't like it. That's fine.

I just want to win and I believe we're gonna see Rex hoisting a Lombardi or two before he's done as Jets coach.

Just out of curiosity, if you get cut off in traffic and you flip the guy the finger, does whatever company you work for have a right to fine you and do people have a right to say that this is a poor way to represent the organization?

If the answer is no, then I fail to see how Ryan shooting the finger at drunken fans who were harrassing him all night is any different. And spare me the Bud Adams comparisons as Ryan was not at his job on NFL property. If he was, it would be a different story.

Just out of curiosity, if you get cut off in traffic and you flip the guy the finger, does whatever company you work for have a right to fine you and do people have a right to say that this is a poor way to represent the organization?

If the answer is no, then I fail to see how Ryan shooting the finger at drunken fans who were harrassing him all night is any different. And spare me the Bud Adams comparisons as Ryan was not at his job on NFL property. If he was, it would be a different story.

Thank you. I love how people moralize about stuff like this which we've all done at one time or another.

If you haven't flipped someone off, then you can make a comment about how wrong Ryan was, if you have, stop with the holier-than-thou routine.

Thank you. I love how people moralize about stuff like this which we've all done at one time or another.

If you haven't flipped someone off, then you can make a comment about how wrong Ryan was, if you have, stop with the holier-than-thou routine.

+ 1

Kinda wish he took it a step further and grabbed his crotch at the same time. Then we'd have a story. Just the middle finger is kinda weak. I'd expect more from Rex.

It was an MMA event, not Sesame Street on ice. If Rex took his kids there (which I haven't heard he did, probably something you've made up) then he should have refrained from displaying vulgar hand gestures. Nice way to raise your kids if your story is the truth.

So someone should expect to be cursed out by a drunken fool at an MMA event? Ryan's kids are teenagers I believe. He is in Miami for a family reunion. Not a big leap to think he took his teenage sons or other family members to the fights on Saturday night. Suggesting that someone should expect to be treated this way in public or that it is OK that one of your butt buddies did this to someone because of the nature of the event they were at is just plain dumb.

Yours is perhaps the most moronic response to this I have seen yet.

I an pretty sure, without needing to check, that my company would not approve of me indistiminately flipping off people who may be customers of our company.

If you ask the Jets, given their druthers, whether they want a face of their organization, getting in displays of rude glestures, I am confident they would declne that opportunity.

THAT is just one reason it is stupid.

So someone should expect to be cursed out by a drunken fool at an MMA event? Ryan's kids are teenagers I believe. He is in Miami for a family reunion. Not a big leap to think he took his teenage sons or other family members to the fights on Saturday night. Suggesting that someone should expect to be treated this way in public or that it is OK that one of your butt buddies did this to someone because of the nature of the event they were at is just plain dumb.

Yours is perhaps the most moronic response to this I have seen yet.

Oh, so you don't have any proof of his kids being there. Ok, just so we're all clear here, what you posted was a lie and your whole argument is pathetic.

What did you expect an arena full of Miami fans to do when your fat mouthed coach tells them he's gonna beat us twice next year (which is amusing, considering he's never beaten us as a head coach). Did you want hugs and kisses? Please, get some thicker skin lady.

And since when are Jets fans the "Social Police"?

Suggesting that someone should expect to be treated this way in public or that it is OK that one of your butt buddies did this to someone because of the nature of the event they were at is just plain dumb

I know you're not that big of a *****, quit feigning disgust.

Oh, so you don't have any proof of his kids being there. Ok, just so we're all clear here, what you posted was a lie and your whole argument is pathetic.

What did you expect an arena full of Miami fans to do when your fat mouthed coach tells them he's gonna beat us twice next year (which is amusing, considering he's never beaten us as a head coach). Did you want hugs and kisses? Please, get some thicker skin lady.

And since when are Jets fans the "Social Police"?

I know you're not that big of a *****, quit feigning disgust.

I would never go up to that fat, worthless, dumbass POS Tony Sparano in public and tell him to go f**k himself, no matter how much I might like to. You know why? My parents raised me better than that. If only I could say the same for the average Dolphins fan.

Congratulations, not only do the Dolphins have the gayest fanbase, they have now proven themselves to be the most classless as well.

You must be so proud.

Whats worse?

Coach backing his team, being a little nuts or illegal video of signals, pre-game walkthru videos, cheating on wife, Fed Ex'ing $25000 to a married mistress to 'shut her up' etc etc??

I guess its all in the eye of the beholder :D

Come'on. This is normal activity for Pats fans, so they dont see the error in BB ways.

But flipping the bird at some rival fans at a public event. That is despicable.

I would never go up to that fat, worthless, dumbass POS Tony Sparano in public and tell him to go f**k himself, no matter how much I might like to. You know why? My parents raised me better than that. If only I could say the same for the average Dolphins fan.

Congratulations, not only do the Dolphins have the gayest fanbase, they have now proven themselves to be the most classless as well.

You must be so proud.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, at every game the Jets played during the post season there were articles of Jets fans being tasered, arrested etc for bad behavior.

Again, why doesn't your stadium sell alcohol during night games? "Show us your ****", isn't that what your fan base shouts out to women, in front of kids, in Giants Stadium? Don't even try to sit there and tell me your fan base has more class than mine. Look at the draft every year in New York, you fans fill the place up and boo every pick, even your own teams picks. LOL.

Come'on. This is normal activity for Pats fans, so they dont see the error in BB ways.

But flipping the bird at some rival fans at a public event. That is despicable.

That's because they believe Belichick to be G-d. He is infallible in their eyes and one musn't question anything He does be He is the light and the way.

Meanwhile, back on Earth, at every game the Jets played during the post season there were articles of Jets fans being tasered, arrested etc for bad behavior.

Again, why doesn't your stadium sell alcohol during night games? "Show us your ****", isn't that what your fan base shouts out to women, in front of kids, in Giants Stadium? Don't even try to sit there and tell me your fan base has more class than mine. Look at the draft every year in New York, you fans fill the place up and boo every pick, even your own teams picks. LOL.

Actually, at the San Diego game a fan was wrongly arrested for cheering too loudly for his team to suit an obnoxious off-duty prick of a cop sitting in the stands. At the Colts game a Jets fan was roughed up and tasered by a cop for not moving fast enough.

Two stories of BS arrests of Jets fans by overzealous cops is hardly an indictment of a fanbase.

Yes, because all 80,000 in the stadium gathered every week at Gate D. :rolleyes:

I do not defend the actions of jackasses that give my team's fanbase a bad name. The Gate D thing was beyond over the top. The truly mind-boggling thing is that the Meadowlands allowed it to go on for as long as it did.

Jets fans being vociferous at the draft is simply fans being fans. Rooting for and against picks is an example of bad behavior how?

You are sitting there, defending the actions of a drunken fool who repeatedly told Rex Ryan to go f**k himself, presumably in front of other members of the Ryan family (seeing as Rex was in Miami for a family reunion assuming he had family with him is hardly a leap.) How do you possibly defend the actions of one of your own in this situation?

I an pretty sure, without needing to check, that my company would not approve of me indistiminately flipping off people who may be customers of our company.

If you ask the Jets, given their druthers, whether they want a face of their organization, getting in displays of rude glestures, I am confident they would declne that opportunity.

THAT is just one reason it is stupid.

Let's say you work for Pepsi (I don't know what your line of work is, but this is the best example I can think of). For whatever reason, you are somebody is well known as working for Pepsi (most of us do not work jobs where we will be instantly recognizable by people we have never met).

You're at an event with your family (Knicks game, broadway show, movie, picnic, whatever the occassion may be). Somebody who is a loyal Coke customer (but does not work for Coke), curses at you all night (with your family present), tells you your product sucks, and will not leave you or your family alone (security may be there, but it is not deterring this guy). And because this guy enjoys a product that competes with yours, he feels he has every right to harrass you in public (he looks at you as somebody who is not entitled to a private life). You show restraint by not punching the guy, but you give the guy the finger or even tell him to simply f*** off.

You're telling me that you think under those circumstances you have the right to be frowned upon (let lone threatened to be fined)? That is essentially what happened on Saturday night with Rex Ryan. If he had shot the bird on NFL grounds (i.e. when he was working) or if he did something illegal (like punching the guy), he should be fined and criticized (like any of us would be if we acted in a similar way at the workplace). But this was neither illegal nor at his work place.

The only thing that I think Ryan showed poor judgement on is that he appeared in such a public venue in South Florida (and I'm stretching on that one). Miami fans likely hate the Jets more than they actually like the Dolphins (as the Jets represent the transplanted New Yorkers they hate within their community). Ryan represents the Jets and I would advise him going forward to only go down there if its business related (and keep a lower profile).

Actually, at the San Diego game a fan was wrongly arrested for cheering too loudly for his team to suit an obnoxious off-duty prick of a cop sitting in the stands. At the Colts game a Jets fan was roughed up and tasered by a cop for not moving fast enough.

Two stories of BS arrests of Jets fans by overzealous cops is hardly an indictment of a fanbase.

Yes, because all 80,000 in the stadium gathered every week at Gate D. :rolleyes:

I do not defend the actions of jackasses that give my team's fanbase a bad name. The Gate D thing was beyond over the top. The truly mind-boggling thing is that the Meadowlands allowed it to go on for as long as it did.

Jets fans being vociferous at the draft is simply fans being fans. Rooting for and against picks is an example of bad behavior how?

You are sitting there, defending the actions of a drunken fool who repeatedly told Rex Ryan to go f**k himself, presumably in front of other members of the Ryan family (seeing as Rex was in Miami for a family reunion assuming he had family with him is hardly a leap.) How do you possibly defend the actions of one of your own in this situation?

Again, like I posted before. YOU are the only one reporting he took his family to an MMA event, so your argument is bull.

What would a New York crowd do if, say, Sparano was in New York told and told an arena full of sports fans that he was gonna beat them twice next year? Do you think he wouldn't be treated EXACTLY the same?

Again, if you're truly offended by this, then seriously, grow some thicker skin. Or better yet, maybe your coach could actually back up his bravado and big talk and BEAT US. Just once in Jet green, beat the Dolphins. Cause from what I've seen, he can't do it. All he knows how to do is flap his lips, cry and talk BS.

Again, like I posted before. YOU are the only one reporting he took his family to an MMA event, so your argument is bull.

What would a New York crowd do if, say, Sparano was in New York told and told an arena full of sports fans that he was gonna beat them twice next year? Do you think he wouldn't be treated EXACTLY the same?

Again, if you're truly offended by this, then seriously, grow some thicker skin. Or better yet, maybe your coach could actually back up his bravado and big talk and BEAT US. Just once in Jet green, beat the Dolphins. Cause from what I've seen, he can't do it. All he knows how to do is flap his lips, cry and talk BS.

Rex Ryan is in Miami for a family reunion. It ain't a huge leap to think he went to the MMA event with members of his family you ****ing jackass. :rolleyes:

And if some Jets fan drunkenly and repeatedly baited Sparano by telling him to go **** himself the Jets fan would be a moron who deserved whatever he got.

Why won't you recognize the FACT that the Dolphins fan who was baiting Rex was in the wrong? Is it simply because you've decided to be an obnoxious troll prick about this?

The last 12 years ('98 when the Jets changed their unifroms-present day)

Jets: 6 playoff apperances (5-6 record) -- 2 Division Championships, 2 AFC Championship Game apperances

Dolphins: 5 playoff apperances ***only ONE since 2001*** (3-5 record) -- 2 Division Championships, 0 AFC Championship Game apperances

Jets are 17-7 against Miami in this time frame.

Jets are 100-92 in this time frame.

Dolphins are 98-94 in this time frame.

Rex Ryan is in Miami for a family reunion. It ain't a huge leap to think he went to the MMA event with members of his family you ****ing jackass. :rolleyes:

And if some Jets fan drunkenly and repeatedly baited Sparano by telling him to go **** himself the Jets fan would be a moron who deserved whatever he got.

Why won't you recognize the FACT that the Dolphins fan who was baiting Rex was in the wrong? Is it simply because you've decided to be an obnoxious troll prick about this?

..because two wrongs don't make a right? :)

Rex is a "public" figure and the face of the NY Jets - he has to be above the fray. Unfortunately - or fortunately (depending on your perspective) he likes fray. I take it for what it is, really, just Rex being Rex. I find it childish. Thing is, if I were in the same situation, I would probably do the same thing. Good thing I am not a public figure. I can be anonymously childish all I want! Ha!

..because two wrongs don't make a right? :)

Rex is a "public" figure and the face of the NY Jets - he has to be above the fray. Unfortunately - or fortunately (depending on your perspective) he likes fray. I take it for what it is, really, just Rex being Rex. I find it childish. Thing is, if I were in the same situation, I would probably do the same thing. Good thing I am not a public figure. I can be anonymously childish all I want! Ha!

Whats worse for a public figure... illegal video of signals, pre-game walkthru videos, cheating on wife, Fed Ex'ing $25000 to a married mistress to 'shut her up' or a middle finger to rival fans?

Whats worse for a public figure... illegal video of signals, pre-game walkthru videos, cheating on wife, Fed Ex'ing $25000 to a married mistress to 'shut her up' or a middle finger to rival fans?

They are all bad for an organizations image.

BTW - you do know that the "illegal" taping was because it was on a forbidden part of the field, right? You do know that the walk-thru story was proven false, right? He did cheat on his wife though - that makes him a dooshie. Sending cash via fed-ex makes him stupid. So, one can conclude that although he may be a brillant football mind, he's also a stupid dooshie. I admit that.

Time for you to STFU.

Apparently it wasn't the Miami fans telling Ryan to F himself, it was RYAN telling the Miami fans to F themselves. Class act, especially if his kids were there.

David M. Hildenbrand, the Dolphin fan who took the picture

Archived