Sheldon Brown to Cleveland?

The Troll

In the wake of the report from Clark Judge of CBSSports.com that the Eagles will soon ship cornerback Sheldon Brown and linebacker Chris Gocong to Cleveland, the Philadelphia Daily News reports that the trade is indeed in the works.

The delay arises from the efforts to sign Brown to a new contract.

Brown currently is signed through 2012, at salaries of $2.5 million, $3.5 million, and $4.25 million per year. Given that it took months for Josh Cribbs to get a new deal from the Browns with three years remaining on his old one, it's possible that this trade will go through in July.

Of 2011.

Maybe should have waited on Cromartie. I'd have given up our 1st for Brown.

For the long term, Cromartie probably is the right choice.

But RIGHT NOW, Sheldon Brown is a top five corner. He's much better than the over-rated interception machine that played on the other side of him.

The deal is done. Brown and Chris Gocong to Cleveland for LB Alex Hall (WHO?), a 4, and a 5. The Eagles are setting themselves up nicely for 4th place.

Maybe should have waited on Cromartie. I'd have given up our 1st for Brown.

Thank the Lord you don't run the Jets then.

A 1st rounder for a 31 yr old CB is ridiculous, especially since he was just traded for a mid rounder in a package deal.

But RIGHT NOW, Sheldon Brown is a top five corner. He's much better than the over-rated interception machine that played on the other side of him.

The deal is done. Brown and Chris Gocong to Cleveland for LB Alex Hall (WHO?), a 4, and a 5. The Eagles are setting themselves up nicely for 4th place.

don't worry Troll, after this season Cromartie will be the #2 cornerback in the league!

Thank the Lord you don't run the Jets then.

A 1st rounder for a 31 yr old CB is ridiculous, especially since he was just traded for a mid rounder in a package deal.

I'd have went that far, but I wouldn't have had to.

I'd have given them a 4 and a 5. Eagles got Roethlisbergered on this deal.

Putting a top five corner next to Revis, I'd deal a first for that, regardless of age. Having two corners like that makes this a Super Bowl team THIS YEAR. Yes, I would trade a 1st rounder for a Super Bowl.

I'd have went that far, but I wouldn't have had to.

I'd have given them a 4 and a 5. Eagles got Roethlisbergered on this deal.

Putting a top five corner next to Revis, I'd deal a first for that, regardless of age. Having two corners like that makes this a Super Bowl team THIS YEAR. Yes, I would trade a 1st rounder for a Super Bowl.

Not really man. Not really. Dude, we still lack a consistent pass rushing linebacker. Id rather get a top 15 linebacker who can get to the QB rather than a top 5 CB. Cromartie is an athletic beast at 25 years old. Let revis and rex ryan groom him up and he will again be one of the cb's in the league.

I don't know why this is supposed to be such a terrible trade for the Eagles. Brown had very little trade value because he shut it down until he gets a new deal and isn't the player he was three years ago anyway. Gocong just sucks. Very real chance the Eagles come out of this with the best player of the three and draft picks to boot.

Either that, or they maybe have something in the works to send McNabb to Oakland for Asomugha.

That's arguable.

Revis

Asomugha

DRC

Jonathan Joseph

Leon Hall

Woodson

McGee

Robinson

Bailey

Winfield

Jenkins

Talib

I'm not sure where I fit Brown into that list, which is not necessarily in order, but I don't think top 5.

That's arguable.

Revis

Asomugha

DRC

Jonathan Joseph

Leon Hall

Woodson

McGee

Robinson

Bailey

Winfield

Jenkins

Talib

I'm not sure where I fit Brown into that list, which is not necessarily in order, but I don't think top 5.

Don't forget about Brandon Flowers, either. Or Courtland Finnegan, who is better than Revis according to 124.

Winfield and Dunta shouldn't even be in the discussion. Can't really put Woodson there either, as I have never seen Sheldon Brown get raped like Mr. Heisman was in the playoffs.

Bailey is still quietly excellent. Jenkins needs to do it for another year. McGee is coming off of a down year. Hall and Joseph are both ****ing great. It's definitely debatable with those two and Sheldon.

DRC gave up the second most TDs last year, though he led the league in targets. Not exactly sure what to make of him.

I thought Talib was good, but when I looked as his numbers, he didn't really stand out like I thought he would.

My top five:

1. Revis

2. Nnamdi

3. Leon Hall

4. Bailey

5. Brown

Don't forget about Brandon Flowers, either. Or Courtland Finnegan, who is better than Revis according to 124.

Winfield and Dunta shouldn't even be in the discussion. Can't really put Woodson there either, as I have never seen Sheldon Brown get raped like Mr. Heisman was in the playoffs.

Bailey is still quietly excellent. Jenkins needs to do it for another year. McGee is coming off of a down year. Hall and Joseph are both ****ing great. It's definitely debatable with those two and Sheldon.

DRC gave up the second most TDs last year, though he led the league in targets. Not exactly sure what to make of him.

I thought Talib was good, but when I looked as his numbers, he didn't really stand out like I thought he would.

My top five:

1. Revis

2. Nnamdi

3. Leon Hall

4. Bailey

5. Brown

I don't understand how you can't put the Def MVP in there if we're talking about a "right now" type situation. We all know #24 should have won he award but take nothing away from Woodson, he did have a phenomenal year.

Archived