Cimini At It Again

Afinogenov

Anonymous Jet is a jerk. Why don't the Jets get rid of that turd already? He's been on the roster for years and doesn't do anything but cause trouble.

This made me laugh harder than any post I've read in a while.

You know what I am sick of hearing about this offseason? Chemistry.. Outside of Holmes, these guys really haven't done anything wrong. Yes Braylon slapped around some dude at a nightclub, but it was a one time thing. Cromartie likes to get it on.. its not like he is shooting up clubs or anything. Holmes might be somewhat of a hassle but I do not think he is the reason the Steelers missed the playoffs last year. I saw report that Bart Scott already had Cromartie to his house. Rex, Bart Scott and Revis will not let these guys ruin this team. I am upset to see Leon go but the writing was on the wall. He never ran for over 600 yards and wanted a contract 5 to 6 million a year. Lets not forget he wasn't as good at returning kicks last year before he got hurt. As far as Faneca goes, see ya later. After seeing him get blown up by Randy Starks in that 2nd Dolphin game, I was done with him. Let Slauson or Turner start while Vlad gets ready. I think we have had a great offseason. Lets not forget with the money that the Jets will not be paying Faneca in 2011 and beyond, we can pay Mangold and Brick and Revis and Harris who all need to be locked up long term. The rest are moving parts in my opinion.

You know what I am sick of hearing about this offseason? Chemistry.. Outside of Holmes, these guys really haven't done anything wrong. Yes Braylon slapped around some dude at a nightclub, but it was a one time thing. Cromartie likes to get it on.. its not like he is shooting up clubs or anything. Holmes might be somewhat of a hassle but I do not think he is the reason the Steelers missed the playoffs last year. I saw report that Bart Scott already had Cromartie to his house. Rex, Bart Scott and Revis will not let these guys ruin this team. I am upset to see Leon go but the writing was on the wall. He never ran for over 600 yards and wanted a contract 5 to 6 million a year. Lets not forget he wasn't as good at returning kicks last year before he got hurt. As far as Faneca goes, see ya later. After seeing him get blown up by Randy Starks in that 2nd Dolphin game, I was done with him. Let Slauson or Turner start while Vlad gets ready. I think we have had a great offseason. Lets not forget with the money that the Jets will not be paying Faneca in 2011 and beyond, we can pay Mangold and Brick and Revis and Harris who all need to be locked up long term. The rest are moving parts in my opinion.
Good call!

Jones, Feely, Washington, Faneca

Ellis could be a cut to keep Ghoston.

You really must be sh*tting yourself, why else would you care so much?

Leon was gone most of last year, man that really slowed us down in the playoffs, and Feely, Feely? A Kicker?

You can't be serious, nobody is this dumb!

Leon was gone most of last year, man that really slowed us down in the playoffs, and Feely, Feely? A Kicker?

Feely stepped up big time and punted at Cinci.

Big locker room guy, BJ.

Yeah, you're right. Nick Folk is so much more clutch.

Nick Folk was allegedly hurt last year. Anybody here would have loved to have him on this team going into last year or the year before. He is a young kicker who was as good as anybody in the game for 2 of his 3 seasons. Definitely worth a look.

Feely stepped up big time and punted at Cinci.

Big locker room guy, BJ.

Practically every kicker in the NFL is the backup punter. This is not a big deal. Especially for the Jets, who will be so good that they won't even need to punt next year.

Let me know when you find something you're not bitching about, will ya. :P

Didn't bitch about picking Wilson, picking Vlad, picking the Terminator, trading Leon, trading Rhodes, releasing Lito, etc.

Only moves I've taken issue with are Feely, Faneca and trading up for McKnight.

:rl: Good one.

Didn't bitch about picking Wilson, picking Vlad, picking the Terminator, trading Leon, trading Rhodes, releasing Lito, etc.

Only moves I've taken issue with are Feely, Faneca and trading up for McKnight.

Well if you posted joy over these things I must have missed it.

I don't see the 3 you are taking issue with as reasons to panic either.

A healthy Folk should be a fine replacement for Feely, who I liked and will miss.

Faneca was a weak link, liability, locker room lawyer with an albatross of a contract.

The CS cut him because they feel the players that were playing behind him and/or Ducasse are going to be able to do a better job than Faneca who they obviously saw as getting even worse this year.

You grossly under rate McKnight and obviously the CS felt that they would rather use a pick to trade up and get him, then the 2 picks on 2 lesser players. It's not like they gave up an awful lot to jump up here.

All moves are risky and while you may see them as sketchy right now, they all have potential to makes us better and they may end up being seamless transitions to boot.

There were no guarantees that by keeping those guys we'd get any better, in fact they were showing signs of decline. Certainly no reason to stand pat and not try to improve.

Practically every kicker in the NFL is the backup punter. This is not a big deal. Especially for the Jets, who will be so good that they won't even need to punt next year.

Cmon now, admit it, Feely did an awesome job when the chips were down. Big Rex even gave him an "At a boy" post game. All kinds of things could have gone wrong and didnt.

I wish it were true about Kickers being good Punters as well.

The McKnight pick was completely underwhelming.

To think he will offer 1/10 of what Leon did is laughable.

He will be lucky to dress after he coughs up the ball in a crucial situation.

1/10 huh, so what's that mean? He snaps his leg coming out of an interview tomorrw? :rolleyes:

Cmon now, admit it, Feely did an awesome job when the chips were down. Big Rex even gave him an "At a boy" post game. All kinds of things could have gone wrong and didnt.

I wish it were true about Kickers being good Punters as well.

Zoltan was a nice pick.

I'm still waiting for the Jets to get a legit punter on the roster. It will make this defense 100X more potent than it already is.

Put Shane Lechler on the Jets and we are talking shutout city.

1/10 huh, so what's that mean? He snaps his leg coming out of an interview tomorrw? :rolleyes:

To think Joe McKnight can replace Leon Washington — regardless of injury — is patently stupid.

Leon was a lion, McKnight's a *****cat.

I understand the reasons behind trading Leon — injury, contract — but McKnight is not the answer. To expect he will be able to do half of what Leon did is, well, foolish.

I don't want to hear about the size of guys you check in the locker room gaytriot.

He really through for us in Indy too. :clown:

No Nummy, Feely is a locker room guy. Not gay.

2009 Feely was 11 of 14 @ 40 - 49 yards. 71%

2009 Folk was 6 of 13 @ 40 - 49 yards 46%

Archived