PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

It took you long enough to even go back and bring up one post. I think by that point it almost became a moot point with the argument.

As far as the brother/sister thing I mentioned... I'm sure you would.. though I can't actually recall any games it's happened.(You usuallly recruit each other) I just see the defence of you and making your arguments for you as risky behavior.

Fwiw, though, Brettlejuice.. you did do a tiny bit of emo in the last game with me. You got a little over defensive when I called you out when your nickname was born. ;) I don't, however, think you are playing all that differently from that game. [/metagaming]

I am pretty sure I quoted at least five different posts.

Also yeah we recruit each other it is more fun then killing each other, but check out Alanna's Robin Hood game for a recent example. She killed me twice and in-between times I tried to get her lynched.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, but tbh that really didn't clear things up for me. It explained brett edit a bit more, not CTMs. Whatever, if there's something I'm missing that everyone else sees than fine.

CTM quoted the win condition Brett posted.

Also I don't take revealing a win condition to heart. I know as a mod I make everyone's win condition a little different. The wording is never the same so no one can use this is my win condition I must be town argument.

Yeah, but tbh that really didn't clear things up for me. It explained brett edit a bit more, not CTMs. Whatever, if there's something I'm missing that everyone else sees than fine.

Read and figure it out...

Hey guys I only have a second and am posting from my phone.

I wanted to apologize for my edit yesterday. Even when I wrote it, I messaged dpr about it. Then ctm sent me a message telling me to delete it, that I'll get modkilled for it, but I shouldn't ruin his game.

So I did... Ruining the work a mod puts into this is the last thing I want to do. Fortunately, DPR agreed with me so no harm no foul.

Yesterday was the last day of finals, so I was pretty mentally exhausted. I still stand by that post and everything it said.

I also want to thank ctm... He put himself out there as a potential modkill to protect the game. Very selfless.

I'll be back later, getting settled into home and ready to start work Monday!

Caught up... this one's for you CTM:

FOS:

Runin

Smashmouth

Lily

SMC

Runin's bullrush on Brett just seemed contrived, it had no substance, and I just don't feel that Brett has played scummy enough to lynch (plus his reveal might be legit :rolleyes:) - at least not on day one - therefore I have a hard time "buying" Runin's sure thing, especially when you consider his reluctance to go back and reinforce his accusations with examples. I followed my gut when I mixed it up with the 2 of them, and I'm hoping my gut is right here... In addition, I didn't like how his vote for Smash came in sync with Lily's either, for reasons you'll see below... oh, and if he says "ask any DMer" about his play style again I am going to puke... Vote Runin Maybe its your aggressive style, or maybe you just aren't good at being scum... either way, from what I have seen you might be the most informative candidate for a day one lynch.

Haven't liked Smash's play at all, for many of the reasons mentioned previously in this thread. To top it off, he came in with a VERY delayed OMGUS vote on BG which I hope did not go unnoticed by you all.

Lily. Her play was shady already... but then you see her bandwagon vote for Smashmouth in #968 only to unvote him just a moment later in #975. Not sure what was up with that, but I'm guessing it'll get spun into "I didn't like how fast it was going" when it was the 8th or 9th vote... to me, that smells like scum trying too hard to look like they are making a pro-town move.

SMC's where I've got my vote right now. I am still not comfortable with his excuse for lying, being to "teach me a lesson" or whatever. The "I'm smart, i28 is a dumb monkey" routine is bull****... and I've seen other members of the MafiaMensa :rolleyes: use it before to brush their scummy mistakes under the rug. I won't let it get overlooked... that said, my single vote on SMC isn't helping the momentum of the game. I did notice that SMC unvoted Smash quickly when he saw Hess, Lily and Runin drop 3 quick votes on him right after SMC moved his vote to Smash. So UNVOTE SMC. I need to see more of his play...

I'm surprised nobody else picked up on SMC's vote for Smash being followed with 3 quick ones from Hess, Lily and Runin.... then a bunch of unvotes. The quick unvotes are usually legit townies concerned with making a mistake, or scum trying to act the part.

Also... bad smells coming from:

Brett & CTM - I'm not sure what that whole editing debacle was about, but CTM the Pungent should know better than to edit a post. Especially when it was 1 of only about 6(?) rules. Brett my pushing back on Runin while he attacked you had nothing to do with how innocent I think you are, it more to do with me seeing an opportunity to spread him out... and see what he's all about. If you are town, you need to start playing with the town's interests in mind bro... cut back on the emo, cut back even further on the over-explanations of the emo.

Hess - Your retardation is amusing, but also feels forced. I don't know what to make of it yet... but I didn't like the bandwagon vote on Smash, mostly because of who else did it with you.

Crusher - Seriously fat man. You make a charge at me, I defend well because you had NOTHING... and then you pull a disappearing act? I'm not trying to be OMGUS with this, I'd like to think I would have noticed this if the 1 person you targeted was someone else too.

That's all I've got... CTM can eat my nuts cause I know he'll have some sort of ******* remark to make because I am considerate enough to contain all my observations in one post, while he just simply plays opportunist.

For the rest of you? I recommend that you all try grilled pizza. I had some of the best ever last night. SO good.

In summary for DPR:

Unvote SMC

VOTE RUNIN

Hess.. I'll explain my thinking after the game.. I think we should move on as I've inadvertantly drawn more attention to something I was hoping to make go away.

Why post a vote count, only to vote a different player and not have the vote count reflect your change of vote.

:donk:

And then 2 fails in a row? You had the 5 on Lily right the first time you tard. Gawd your brain is dumb. Why dont you leave this to someone who isnt a complete moron.

I question why I made you aware we were starting these games up again, you make everyone else dumb by your presence alone.

Great job Johnny C0ckran.. It was 1:30 and I was half in the bag. I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant and while the little #'s next to a name were wrong, the people voting them weren't. You want me to add it up for you now or did you finally figure it out?

Get over it I28, I was reluctant to case because I don't like it and I haven't saw it benefit the town once, in the games that I have played.

Basically you have Fos'ed the whole game. You re going to get mafia in one of them you can be sure of that, you didn't leave many un fos'ed.

So you are going to puke if I say this is how I play over at DM? That's my only explanation I have to give you. I don't play like most of you do over here and if that gets me voted, noticed, or nked it doesn't matter to me. I am not changing my play to fit some mold you have for a good and bad player.

Just because something is different then you are used to doesn't make it wrong. :P

Get over it I28, I was reluctant to case because I don't like it and I haven't saw it benefit the town once, in the games that I have played.

Basically you have Fos'ed the whole game. You re going to get mafia in one of them you can be sure of that, you didn't leave many un fos'ed.

So you are going to puke if I say this is how I play over at DM? That's my only explanation I have to give you. I don't play like most of you do over here and if that gets me voted, noticed, or nked it doesn't matter to me. I am not changing my play to fit some mold you have for a good and bad player.

Just because something is different then you are used to doesn't make it wrong. :P

lol at the "i'm just different deal with it schtick." You should understand that your "playstyle" is prone to being picked apart not because you play different, it's because you lack supporting reasoning. If you want to stick to it that's fine, but obviously people pointing out it's flaws are going to be a part of it.

I'm not voting Runin today because of our unwritten "don't D1 lynch the JN first-timers" rule. But that's it.

Didn't think of that last night... You're right though, people probably won't vote him off today. In that case:

unvote

Vote CTM

I'll go back to my original vote until I see better.

FOS:

Runin

Smashmouth

Lily

SMC

Runin's bullrush on Brett just seemed contrived, it had no substance, and I just don't feel that Brett has played scummy enough to lynch (plus his reveal might be legit :rolleyes:) - at least not on day one - therefore I have a hard time "buying" Runin's sure thing, especially when you consider his reluctance to go back and reinforce his accusations with examples. I followed my gut when I mixed it up with the 2 of them, and I'm hoping my gut is right here... In addition, I didn't like how his vote for Smash came in sync with Lily's either, for reasons you'll see below... oh, and if he says "ask any DMer" about his play style again I am going to puke... Vote Runin Maybe its your aggressive style, or maybe you just aren't good at being scum... either way, from what I have seen you might be the most informative candidate for a day one lynch.

Haven't liked Smash's play at all, for many of the reasons mentioned previously in this thread. To top it off, he came in with a VERY delayed OMGUS vote on BG which I hope did not go unnoticed by you all.

Lily. Her play was shady already... but then you see her bandwagon vote for Smashmouth in #968 only to unvote him just a moment later in #975. Not sure what was up with that, but I'm guessing it'll get spun into "I didn't like how fast it was going" when it was the 8th or 9th vote... to me, that smells like scum trying too hard to look like they are making a pro-town move.

SMC's where I've got my vote right now. I am still not comfortable with his excuse for lying, being to "teach me a lesson" or whatever. The "I'm smart, i28 is a dumb monkey" routine is bull****... and I've seen other members of the MafiaMensa :rolleyes: use it before to brush their scummy mistakes under the rug. I won't let it get overlooked... that said, my single vote on SMC isn't helping the momentum of the game. I did notice that SMC unvoted Smash quickly when he saw Hess, Lily and Runin drop 3 quick votes on him right after SMC moved his vote to Smash. So UNVOTE SMC. I need to see more of his play...

I'm surprised nobody else picked up on SMC's vote for Smash being followed with 3 quick ones from Hess, Lily and Runin.... then a bunch of unvotes. The quick unvotes are usually legit townies concerned with making a mistake, or scum trying to act the part.

Brett & CTM - I'm not sure what that whole editing debacle was about, but CTM the Pungent should know better than to edit a post. Especially when it was 1 of only about 6(?) rules. Brett my pushing back on Runin while he attacked you had nothing to do with how innocent I think you are, it more to do with me seeing an opportunity to spread him out... and see what he's all about. If you are town, you need to start playing with the town's interests in mind bro... cut back on the emo, cut back even further on the over-explanations of the emo.

Hess - Your retardation is amusing, but also feels forced. I don't know what to make of it yet... but I didn't like the bandwagon vote on Smash, mostly because of who else did it with you.

Crusher - Seriously fat man. You make a charge at me, I defend well because you had NOTHING... and then you pull a disappearing act? I'm not trying to be OMGUS with this, I'd like to think I would have noticed this if the 1 person you targeted was someone else too.

That's all I've got... CTM can eat my nuts cause I know he'll have some sort of ******* remark to make because I am considerate enough to contain all my observations in one post, while he just simply plays opportunist.

For the rest of you? I recommend that you all try grilled pizza. I had some of the best ever last night. SO good.

In summary for DPR:

Unvote SMC

VOTE RUNIN

CTM is right about one thing... I think that makes every single player in the game who has pinged your retarded scumdar.

I FOSed 4 people in my post, and indicated I don't love the play of 4-5(?). Do the math... I am looking for more than 1 scum player... so, I watch everyone...

Just an FYI... I post my FOS lists like this because when I first started playing I got lectured about being to focused on one suspect at a time, too myopic. Now, I do this... because I am a smart ass, and to prove the point that I do in fact keep my eyes on more than one doosher at a time.

"ask anyone over at DM" is the ONLY explanation you have given for ANYTHING from what I have seen.

No explanations for your votes. And you don't have the consideration to go back into the game and provide some sort of examples as grounds for your accusations, but WE are supposed to go hunt down DMer's an ask how you normally play? Get the heck out of here. No way in hell does anyone do that, you know it, we know it.... so stop saying it.

I'm not asking you to change your play, I'm just saying your play is scummy and is as good a reason as any to lynch you on day one as anything I've seen presented by you or anyone else.

I like my vote where it is.

lol at the "i'm just different deal with it schtick." You should understand that your "playstyle" is prone to being picked apart not because you play different, it's because you lack supporting reasoning. If you want to stick to it that's fine, but obviously people pointing out it's flaws are going to be a part of it.

This. Runin isnt really bothering me but the whole I play different act, should expect certain reactions.

This. Runin isnt really bothering me but the whole I play different act, should expect certain reactions.

I think his scummy tactics are getting buried under this lame conversation about "playing different" tbh.

Hell, I play "different" too... so do you... so does EVERYONE. Its bull**** if you ask me, conjuring analysis of "how" people play to deflect attention from "what" he is doing.

2 different things.

This. Lily has been playing the confused (blonde) card constantly, and I've never seen an innocent player use it.

Unvote: Smash

Vote: Lily

This post is interesting. I'm assuming they've played some games together over at DM, but Lily has a none game related excuse for a lot of different things and she also tends to use the "what we/I do at DM" line a lot. After 3 games or so, you can pick up a bit on what players like to do unless they are great at hidding tells.

If it werent for VicGod being hot with his instincts, I'd move my vote to her because honestly, its not fair to play a game where you have to take someones word for their excuses not game related (blonde, sleepy, meds, etc.) Not trying to be a dick Lily, just giving my opinion.

CTM is right about one thing... I think that makes every single player in the game who has pinged your retarded scumdar.

I think I'm the only one who hasn't. I'm partially insulted, and partially worried...I just rechecked my PM just to make sure ;) lol

I actually do like the case on runnin, and with no deadline looming I think I'm gonna take some time to look over him and a few others (now that it's not Smash/Brett or bust). Smash is still tops right now, don't get me wrong -- but maybe I can find something.

**Also, Lily...Lils, if I may...I say we make our own secret druggie club that no one else can be in. Except Hess...he's pretty much always drugged anyways :D

This post is interesting. I'm assuming they've played some games together over at DM, but Lily has a none game related excuse for a lot of different things and she also tends to use the "what we/I do at DM" line a lot. After 3 games or so, you can pick up a bit on what players like to do unless they are great at hidding tells.

If it werent for VicGod being hot with his instincts, I'd move my vote to her because honestly, its not fair to play a game where you have to take someones word for their excuses not game related (blonde, sleepy, meds, etc.) Not trying to be a dick Lily, just giving my opinion.

This observation conflicts with you saying you are "okay with Runin" as he has done pretty much the same thing... just saying.

UNVOTE

This is like the third you've call Vic "VicGod" for something he did two games ago. So because he was great scum you're now going to follow him around like a puppy dog? And you of all people? I don't know what it means but it stinks.

UNVOTE

This is like the third you've call Vic "VicGod" for something he did two games ago. So because he was great scum you're now going to follow him around like a puppy dog? And you of all people? I don't know what it means but it stinks.

People have actually been doing that for a while :P VicGod, the Chilean Thundercat...he's like a superstar on sportscenter, and we're the anchors. Keep making up new nicknames lol

People have actually been doing that for a while :P VicGod, the Chilean Thundercat...he's like a superstar on sportscenter, and we're the anchors. Keep making up new nicknames lol

Right. But to solely base your vote on the same player two games later from when you were scum teammates is a reach.

This observation conflicts with you saying you are "okay with Runin" as he has done pretty much the same thing... just saying.

Not really. He hasnt blamed his play on him being blonde, sleepy, new meds...etc. He's done the DM reference, but he's new here...not like Lily.

We have nothing to reference on him, so I get him explaining himself. Lily we've played with before and she is blaming her play on none game related issues.

UNVOTE

VicGod was mod last game. VicGod is still hot from Avatar domination. Give the ball to the player with the hot hands. If VicGod insticts tell him Smash, I'm following because day 1 is a crap shoot and I have more faith in someones gut that has been on fire than I do in you dbags and your silly cases.

T

Not really. He hasnt blamed his play on him being blonde, sleepy, new meds...etc. He's done the DM reference, but he's new here...not like Lily.

We have nothing to reference on him, so I get him explaining himself. Lily we've played with before and she is blaming her play on none game related issues.

Lily is new to me in this game, I passed on the last 2 games... so to me, they are both playing the same nonsense "ask DMers" card. Either way, I don't trust either of them right now...

VicGod was mod last game. VicGod is still hot from Avatar domination. Give the ball to the player with the hot hands. If VicGod insticts tell him Smash, I'm following because day 1 is a crap shoot and I have more faith in someones gut that has been on fire than I do in you dbags and your silly cases.

T

Yeah... kinds sounds like a bad excuse for piggybacking a convenient vote... but I know how you are about your man-crushes, so whatevs... speaking of which where is Crusher? He's due for a potentially game altering/ruining drunken tirade no?

Lily is new to me in this game, I passed on the last 2 games... so to me, they are both playing the same nonsense "ask DMers" card. Either way, I don't trust either of them right now...

Yeah... kinds sounds like a bad excuse for piggybacking a convenient vote... but I know how you are about your man-crushes, so whatevs... speaking of which where is Crusher? He's due for a potentially game altering/ruining drunken tirade no?

So your, "just saying", wasnt really "saying" anything ;-)

Piggyback the convenient vote? I was the 2nd person to vote him...lol

Friday night he is Father Crusher. Saturday night he is Dr. Crushlove. Be patient.

So your, "just saying", wasnt really "saying" anything ;-)

Piggyback the convenient vote? I was the 2nd person to vote him...lol

Friday night he is Father Crusher. Saturday night he is Dr. Crushlove. Be patient.

Sorry... a convenient way to piggyback a vote... anyway, like I said... you aren't really making my skin crawl.

Gotcha... so there is a Crush-disaster-a-brewing... awesome!

Sorry... a convenient way to piggyback a vote... anyway, like I said... you aren't really making my skin crawl.

Gotcha... so there is a Crush-disaster-a-brewing... awesome!

Well you are pointing out anything ground breaking here...I'm clearly riding on the back of the Chilean Tunder Cat. His instincts serve him well. I'm a gambling man and I like to ride the hot hand...and when I say hot...I mean Chilean Thunder Cat hot!

FOS:

Runin

Smashmouth

Lily

SMC

In summary for DPR:

Unvote SMC

VOTE RUNIN

Man you are so gay. I didn;t disappear, I went to happy hour and it lasted until really late. I have a family and on weekends I spend time with them. I've explain this in every game.

My attack on you is because your a gigantic retarded knuckle dragging primate of a bully and I'm not done with you. I'm just leaving you alone so you can scum hunt and I can tell if you are being your usually prick self or you are trying to change things up cause your scum. Im on you Magilla Gorilla. As of now you seem to be your typically normal overzalous self important testicle of a beast. So in short... **** you moneky boy

I haven;t liked SMC play this entire game. Early on he seem to be trying to influence the game in a confusing direction. He I will watch. He's been scum alot and because of that Im sorta metagaming him. So for now I watch

Brett. My vote on him was from the lazy statemnt he's made early on and though he has defnded well he is still my best. Yet I also know he has alot going on this weekend so I may be able to rrationalize his excuse.

I have to look more at the stuff on Smash. I realize he only had two post early but haven;t looked at the stuff after that. Didn;t like the speed of his train and will look the folkks their as well.

Vic though I love him. His early reaction was part of whats going on his his RL. BUT, never sleep on the Chliean Thundercat because he's an evil genius when he's scum.

Other than I have to read more before I can comment. Got a few minutes later today after my daughters tennis practice and baby Sal's golf lesson. God I h8t both of those sports but my kidsw enjoy them and I have a some Makers Mark in my flask so I''l cope.

Well you are pointing out anything ground breaking here...I'm clearly riding on the back of the Chilean Tunder Cat. His instincts serve him well. I'm a gambling man and I like to ride the hot hand...and when I say hot...I mean Chilean Thunder Cat hot!

I28 > Vic, your ignorance to this concerns me. FOS on Bup-z for doubting the brilliance that is I28.;

unvote and vote Danx

She seems way to against the Brett wagon. Also, Brett could be fake claiming, and if we lynch Danx and she is scum, then he is also most likely scum.

No DM doesn't have as convenient a search post functions as you all do over here, that's why I never case someone.

I didn't want to case Brett, because I remembered well enough his posts which I retold as how they came across to me. Also for the fact that I never case anyone, because it seems like it is more scummy then anything. It is usually a last ditch effort to get someone lynched or save yourself.

All I said was that nothing sticks out to me about Brett yet. I'm not vehemently claiming he's town, just saying I think the brouhaha over him has been a little exaggerated compared to the actual content of his posts. In fact, the only thing that mildly stands out to me is that I think Brett would know by now what's allowed to be said when talking about role PMs, and I don't know if he would really slip up like that. But I don't want to let the editing of posts influence me, so I'm trying not to take any of that into account.

I don't really know what to say about your claim that if I'm scum, Brett probably is too. :) I've seen many cases of townies being wrong about scum and scum buddying up to townies.

I can understand your point of view about not being used to casing people if you don't have search functions at DM. But here people tend to ask each other to prove their claims. In my opinion at least, I take people's cases more seriously when they use evidence to back up what they're saying. If you're going to tell me that Brett acted radical and crazy for example, and I can't remember him doing anything that outrageous, and I go back and look at his posts to find it yet still don't see it, I'm not going to simply take your word for it. Especially when 2/5 posts you eventually pulled up were joke posts.

Here I've quoted my own posts that you called "way too against the Brett wagon." I think it was yet another exaggeration from you. Hehe, but then again, maybe over here we're used to people acting much crazier than at DM, so maybe to you we all seem off the wall. :D

Just got back. I want to look back at specific people more carefully, but wanted to clarify something for RunIn first. These two posts by Brett that you used as examples of him acting crazy were clearly jokes. At least, I'm 99% sure he was in no way serious.

I'm going to look back at the rest of Brett's posts and see what everyone finds so scummy about him. He hasn't stood out to me, but I'll give him a look.

I've tried looking back at Brett's posts, and I really think the case on him is weaker than usual (even for a Day 1 lynch). Nothing stood out to me as much as it seems to have stood out to others ... I'm fine with him for the time being.

I understand that, Dan, and I had no idea that these new meds would make things worse instead of better for me. I should have realized that there would be an adjustment period, but I didn't. If you all want DPR to replace me, I'm okay with that. Otherwise, I'll do my best. I think sometimes other people have better ideas than I do, and I don't hesitate to do the best thing. But the problem here is what is the best thing in my opinion. That often doesn't agree with everyone else's opinion. However, backing off Smash until we do have a deadline does, and it is the best thing to do, so I did it. Hang me for it if you want to. It won't stop me from doing what I feel is best. As long as I'm in the game, I'll play the game.

I'm not voting for you because I want you gone from the game, I'm voting for you because your actions have seemed questionable to me. I hope you don't take it personally and ask to be replaced. I'm glad you have joined our group over here and hope you continue playing with us. :P

Archived