PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

I agree about Runnin but you and Lily had some peculiar moves around that time as well. I believe the 3 of you voted Smash within minutes of each other with you and Lily unvoting very quickly citing the "this is going too fast" reason. Felt a little contrived.

I can't speak for Lily. But for me, I don't see how that would work from a practical standpoint. You've been scum with a QT thread. For what you're saying to work would mean for us to go to the QT thread to decide what to do, then go to the in-game thread to vote, then go back to the QT thread, say "crap, he's close to lynch!" then go back to the game thread and unvote.

I don't see how that could be coordinated scum. Now, if it was uncoordinated scum (meaning we didn't communicate and independently decided to vote & unvote) then it could work, but the same could be true if both of us are innocent, or only one of us is.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I unvoted Brett because he claimed vanilla townie and stated his win condition. So therefore I always like to err on the side of caution and I unvoted and gave him a second chance or a better shot at one without my vote.

I then voted Smash to put him at L-1 and give him the same courtesy of either revealing or getting lynched. Also I had it set-up if he would have been hammered and flipped town then I would have went after the person who slipped in the quick hammer.

I was wondering that myself and I think Barm mentioned DPR has done that setup before.. the mafia not being able to talk off thread and having their own times they could attempt to kill. If so they are obviously still working together in that two of them attacked Shutout. Maybe to make up for them being able to do more than one attempt at a daykill they only get a percentage of being successful... either that or Shutout has magical powers. :P

That sounds awesome.

I unvoted Brett because he claimed vanilla townie and stated his win condition. So therefore I always like to err on the side of caution and I unvoted and gave him a second chance or a better shot at one without my vote.

I then voted Smash to put him at L-1 and give him the same courtesy of either revealing or getting lynched. Also I had it set-up if he would have been hammered and flipped town then I would have went after the person who slipped in the quick hammer.

BTW this makes zero sense to me. I've rarely seen the first day hammer on a townie be scum. I was pretty sure Shutout and AVM were town last game for the same thing. I think AVM hammered but the votes were close together.

Fair enough CTM. I always like to joke but please remember you guys were the ones that made me out to be this crazy. I always try to play with a lot of flavor to what my characters are b/c for it's fun. Last game I was a big, black, angry dead dude. The avatar game I was the goofy kid. Star Wars Han Solo. Also, this game I really don't have a better read what the scum are. Yeah I'm crazy but you've known me for a while and I would hope you know me to be a little more thoughtful as a poster in general. When I defended Lily I thought it was for good reason and it appeared she thought I was attacking at the time so I explained. Runin is new so I was making sure we didn't get into another Avatar situation with the noobs and emo etc. I like making sure people feel comfortable. Truth. And contrary to what some think, I personally like discussing game set ups in the beginning as I think it's useful to go back to reread later in the game. And I thought DPR said don't quote his posts, checked and it was just PMs and I cleared it as my bad. I was on the road a lot last week and did a lot of posting via blackberry a lot of it sitting in traffic, hence my ideas for Pat Benetar and Jouney, lol.

fwiw.. i don't actually think you are crazy and certainly not stupid.. That being said, I do think it'd be interesting to pressure you..

BTW this makes zero sense to me. I've rarely seen the first day hammer on a townie be scum. I was pretty sure Shutout and AVM were town last game for the same thing. I think AVM hammered but the votes were close together.

This is a good point. I've only been scum once, but I do know in that game I wasn't going near hammering someone. Additionally, as Hess says, anytime I've seen a case started under the reasoning of "so and so hammered our doc (or whatever)" and a strong case built from there...not once have we gotten scum. In fact, it's usually one of two people pushing -- a town power role that after he/she gets the innocent lynched, gets in deep his/herself...or scum.

Just my two cents.

I said your actions were hypocritical, not you in general.

I'm bored, so you get my retorts tonight. I did make a case I posted five our six quotes, so please quite saying that I didn't.

There is a difference between freaking out and answering faulty accusations with the truth.

I don't see how your random FOs's are protown tbh, and imo if you are scum they are ways of saying I FOS'ed player x and they flipped mafia I must be town. That way you can fein innocence.

I'm pretty much done repeating myself and I don't think we can further this along anymore.

Oh and Shutout's vote just like your's is of little concern to me, it takes 13 to lynch so two doesn't really bother me.

Some damn good posting right their. Personally I think your being racially profiled Runinout. We have had this JN on Dm violence in the past. Pity some of us just can;t evolve. No diesrespect to brother I 28, but you ever seen his offspring? Little freakin monkeys, no joke.

History of violence is as follows.. DPR was a scummy Mc Scumstein his first game and was dead within two days. Lily was roasted as an innocent and Nae was a power roll that was thrown on the spicket and cooked., ThenDPR was a power role that got smoked but to be fair, he was just getting use to the sight. So i28 attack on you is just an example of how fart we have to go as a sight for teh madfia goodness. Sorta of a barometer for our slow yet steady evolution.

Can't we all just get along. Im against lynching Newbie's day 1, except Brett he aint no ****ing Newbie.

Im not ready to vote cause Ive been focusing my energy to expose I28 this game. Better sniff for what The Crusher is cooking. Hmmmmm. Do I smell roasting monkey? Oh yes, I think you do...

unvote

LOL. Sharrow, who were you unvoting for. Your vote wasn't on DPR's last list:

Current Vote Count:

Smash (5) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG,

Brett (1) - Adella

Lily (4) - Dan, JVoR, Barm, Slats

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (2) - Shutout, I28

CTM (1) - Pac

Hess (1) - CTM

Here's the thing though, I was even taken back a bit by brett. He got awfully aggressive and defensive to what I thought was minimal pressure at the time. I noticed it, and starting double thinking my stance on him for a bit during the exchange. For as great as he is at end game, is as bad as he is teh day 1 suck. Sorry brett but QFT. As far as jn noobs, Barm and Adella I have bigger issues with. To me, nothing was weirder than the exchange going on between Lily and Adella when **** was hitting the fan. It reminded me of like a Sex in the City scene during an earthquake or something.

Hess, you are scaring me a bit here. After last game, to find you stating my thoughts is a bit surreal. I don

Some damn good posting right their. Personally I think your being racially profiled Runinout. We have had this JN on Dm violence in the past. Pity some of us just can;t evolve. No diesrespect to brother I 28, but you ever seen his offspring? Little freakin monkeys, no joke.

History of violence is as follows.. DPR was a scummy Mc Scumstein his first game and was dead within two days. Lily was roasted as an innocent and Nae was a power roll that was thrown on the spicket and cooked., ThenDPR was a power role that got smoked but to be fair, he was just getting use to the sight. So i28 attack on you is just an example of how fart we have to go as a sight for teh madfia goodness. Sorta of a barometer for our slow yet steady evolution.

Can't we all just get along. Im against lynching Newbie's day 1, except Brett he aint no ****ing Newbie.

Im not ready to vote cause Ive been focusing my energy to expose I28 this game. Better sniff for what The Crusher is cooking. Hmmmmm. Do I smell roasting monkey? Oh yes, I think you do...

Crusher, you totally crack me up. Have I told you lately how much I love you? :love0040:

Ooops! Forgot this one...

This is a good point. I've only been scum once, but I do know in that game I wasn't going near hammering someone. Additionally, as Hess says, anytime I've seen a case started under the reasoning of "so and so hammered our doc (or whatever)" and a strong case built from there...not once have we gotten scum. In fact, it's usually one of two people pushing -- a town power role that after he/she gets the innocent lynched, gets in deep his/herself...or scum.

Just my two cents.

I agree, except towards endgame, when scum get ballsy. I have a LOT more experience being scum than town and I would never hammer d1.

Ooops! Forgot this one...

I agree, except towards endgame, when scum get ballsy. I have a LOT more experience being scum than town and I would never hammer d1.

as scum, I mean.

I still don't like Lily's play this game to this point. She voted and unvoted Brett very quickly BOTH times and the way she went about it was very anti-townlike in my opinion. Her other vote was Smash, the other lead vote getter. Every vote she has made so far have all been bandwagon votes and her unvotes seem contrived. She has not gone after anyone else but those 2 people.

Her responses or lack thereof to pressure strike me as odd as well. Instead of responding she's generally ignoring responding to posts where people are suspecting her. I haven't followed her town play that much so i'm playing it by ear but she's raising a lot of flags in my book.

The reasons I am a tiny bit conflicted are because I don't think she'd use an illness to garner sympathy to avoid a lynch and she seemed to want to get replaced. Based on play I think she's scummy, however.

If Lily is not an option right now i wouldn't exactly fall on my sword to protect Smash because he's done some very questionable things this game. However, given my chance to pick he'd probably be in the middle of my list in terms of suspects. He has clearly been disinterested/disengaged and not helpful like Smash is usually like as a townie. I just like having multiple reasons when I vote to lynch and so far he just has strike one.

Just doing a quick weekend check-in. This whole I28/Runin thing is giving me a headache. When things blowup to this kind of extent I always start to get worried it's another of those massive town vs town battles that can see both lynched, but nobody else seems to be getting sucked into it too much, so that's probably a good thing. The Hess case is certainly an interesting one although not something I had caught myself. Hess is always a bit of a weird one in these games and I guess the question is if this is natural play or if its forced. I'm not quite sold at this point, but it bears watching and it's interesting to see a new case come up this late into the day.

As far as the hammering discussion, around here FAR more often than not you will not see scum hammer, unless the potential reward is great. For example, if they think they are taking out a strong power role or like in the Thing game, Pac hammered me because he knew he couldn't convert me once I had revealed my role, it was near end game and he was essentially a successful conversion and lynch away from a victory, so it was worth it for him.

I still don't like Lily's play this game to this point. She voted and unvoted Brett very quickly BOTH times and the way she went about it was very anti-townlike in my opinion. Her other vote was Smash, the other lead vote getter. Every vote she has made so far have all been bandwagon votes and her unvotes seem contrived. She has not gone after anyone else but those 2 people.

Her responses or lack thereof to pressure strike me as odd as well. Instead of responding she's generally ignoring responding to posts where people are suspecting her. I haven't followed her town play that much so i'm playing it by ear but she's raising a lot of flags in my book.

The reasons I am a tiny bit conflicted are because I don't think she'd use an illness to garner sympathy to avoid a lynch and she seemed to want to get replaced. Based on play I think she's scummy, however.

I absolutely would not use my illness that way. That's lower than low. To me that is just like saying my child is in the hospital when they aren't. This is a game. Winning or losing doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I only wanted to be replaced if that's what you all thought was best. DPR and I talked that through, like I said, and I'm here and I intend to stay here, if I get a choice. (Meaning if I'm not killed.)

I haven't responded to anything much because I haven't seen very much. Mostly people are saying they feel I'm scummy. Tell me what you'd like addressed and I'd be happy to.

Oh, and my vote is probably going back on Brett, depending on how he holds up under pressure when he's back with us, just so you know. I get a really bad feeling about him, to be honest, and he connects with some other people, the way I'm seeing this right now. I don't have anything solid or I would present it. Feelings aren't enough to make a case, imo. Like I said before, unless I have enough to cause the rest of the town to see what I'm seeing, if I'm right, I'm only setting myself up to be nked.

I try to hide this crap - the embarrassment factor - but the last few days are a bit blurry to me. If I missed something I should have responded to, please ask again. I'm lucid now. And if it's all right with y'all, I'll keep the reasons why they are blurry to myself. DPR knows, and that's enough.

You've got to be kidding me.

I should have known you'd opt not to read and to instead opt to hop on any opportunity you can to pursue your contrived agenda against me. :yawn:

Good job buddy... that should be good for the game. :rolleyes:

Hammered for little reason, I meant to add.

Current Vote Count:

Brett (1) - Adella

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (2) - Shutout, I28

CTM (1) - Pac

Hess (1) - CTM

With 22 players, it does actually take 12 to lynch.

* I will go ahead and call a deadline for Monday night, 6 pm EST. The Predators are gettig anxious to kill, and I'm worried that if we make them wait much longer, we'll be dealing with, er, performance anxiety.

B]Current Vote Count:

Brett (1) - Adella

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (2) - Shutout, I28

CTM (1) - Pac

Hess (1) - CTM

With 22 players, it does actually take 12 to lynch.

* I will go ahead and call a deadline for Monday night, 6 pm EST. The Predators are gettig anxious to kill, and I'm worried that if we make them wait much longer, we'll be dealing with, er, performance anxiety.

Just looked at the player list and those who aren't voting yet are:

SMC, Lily, Crusher, Sharrow, Hess, Nae.

With a deadline for tomorrow you guys should probably vote somewhere.

I try to hide this crap - the embarrassment factor - but the last few days are a bit blurry to me. If I missed something I should have responded to, please ask again. I'm lucid now. And if it's all right with y'all, I'll keep the reasons why they are blurry to myself. DPR knows, and that's enough.

I think it's safe to say that other people had a worse weekend...

drunk.jpg

seeing as there's now a deadline, I'll vote smash.. He's to busy playing video games and lily is contributing, so it's not a hard choice frankly..

unvote vote smashmouth

Since for whatever reason you seem to be immune to votes today I may be following you shortly... If people want to give runnin the newbie pass my only other choice right now would be Smash. I'd like to see where the non voters wind up.

seeing as there's now a deadline, I'll vote smash.. He's to busy playing video games and lily is contributing, so it's not a hard choice frankly..

unvote vote smashmouth

I agree. We should be looking at RuninOut and Lily tomorrow.

Vote: Smashmouth

Current Vote Count:

Smash (8) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG, CTM, Nae, SMC

Brett (1) - Adella

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (2) - Shutout, I28

CTM (1) - Pac

NOT VOTING: LILY, CRUSHER, SHARROW, HESS

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch.

I'm here and I'm here tomorrow too. The deadline isn't until than freaks. I'm not rushing another vote.

Hey Rainman... Unless you think a new case is going to catch fire between now and tomorrow at 6 it looks like a 2 horse race.

Now that I've seen a couple of the non voters choice I'll follow suit and

unvote

vote Smash

I believe that puts him at L2.

Archived