PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

The world is blue, your bodies standing out in shades of red, yellow and white as the Predator watches all of you through it's heat vision.

In the Predator world, missing a target is associated with disgrace. One of the Predators has missed, but another rises to finish the job.

Shutout is crouched on the hillside ahead, and was it human eyes searching for him, he would be all but invisible. But the eyes staring at him are not human, and his outline is as stark and clear as the moon in the night sky.

Knowing that Shutout will be looking for tri-lasers, this new Predator unslings a different weapon. It holds it up and presses a hidden button along it's side...

l_94e139495fde7839bcf885b891ed3784.gif

The Predator studies the tips of the blades as they glint in the afternoon light. Then it begins to stalk.

Moving through the trees, perfectly camoflaged, it begins to pick up speed. Almost soundlessly, it moves from limb to limb, tree to tree, and as it makes a great leap across open sky, it slings the bladestar at Shutout's head...

But Shutout's reflexes are razor sharp, and the second that the whisping sound fills the air, he hits the ground. Sparks fly as something ricochets off of the boulder behind him, and he looks in the direction that it came from...but there is only hazy sky.

Holy s**t..."

Adella holds up the ruined weapon, and even though it will never be used again, it still looks deadly. She looks at Shutout. Everyone looks at Shutout. A bead of sweat rolls down his forehead and falls onto the ground below.

A DIFFERENT PREDATOR HAS TRIED TO KILL SHUTOUT, AND MISSED.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I don't have time to comment more. JVoR and I are traveling today. Haha, I thought about having him read the thread to me while I'm driving, but I don't want his tone of voice to give anything away, so probably not. I might post again tonight, but if not, then tomorrow for sure.

Quick thoughts before I go ...

I'm conflicted about Smashmouth. Not having played much with him, he's an enigma to me.

I think RunIn's tendency to exaggerate what's happening is a little concerning, but I'm willing to cut him some slack for the first day since it's his first time playing with us. Not having had the resources to easily search posts at DM may be a legitimate excuse for his initial reluctance to use evidence.

I think I'd like to hear Lily's thoughts on more people. She says she takes notes on the game, so it would be nice to see what else she's been observing, aside from agreeing with RunIn about Brett.

I'm watching two other people very closely right now. I want to see what develops, though.

Current Vote Count:

Smash (5) - Vic, JiF, Brett, AVM, BG,

Brett (3) - CTM, Crush, Adella

Lily (5) - Dan, JVoR, Barm, Slats, Nae

Dan (1) - Runin

BG (1)- Smash

Runin (2) - Shutout, I28

CTM (1) - Pac

With 22 players, it takes 12 to lynch

The world is blue, your bodies standing out in shades of red, yellow and white as the Predator watches all of you through it's heat vision.

In the Predator world, missing a target is associated with disgrace. One of the Predators has missed, but another rises to finish the job.

Shutout is crouched on the hillside ahead, and was it human eyes searching for him, he would be all but invisible. But the eyes staring at him are not human, and his outline is as stark and clear as the moon in the night sky.

Knowing that Shutout will be looking for tri-lasers, this new Predator unslings a different weapon. It holds it up and presses a hidden button along it's side...

The Predator studies the tips of the blades as they glint in the afternoon light. Then it begins to stalk.

Moving through the trees, perfectly camoflaged, it begins to pick up speed. Almost soundlessly, it moves from limb to limb, tree to tree, and as it makes a great leap across open sky, it slings the bladestar at Shutout's head...

But Shutout's reflexes are razor sharp, and the second that the whisping sound fills the air, he hits the ground. Sparks fly as something ricochets off of the boulder behind him, and he looks in the direction that it came from...but there is only hazy sky.

Holy s**t..."

Adella holds up the ruined weapon, and even though it will never be used again, it still looks deadly. She looks at Shutout. Everyone looks at Shutout. A bead of sweat rolls down his forehead and falls onto the ground below.

WTF? 2 attacks in one day - and both on a guy who'll be the last to know. Maybe Predaturds know something about Shutout the rest of us don't. Thankfully their aim sucks.

This post is interesting. I'm assuming they've played some games together over at DM, but Lily has a none game related excuse for a lot of different things and she also tends to use the "what we/I do at DM" line a lot. After 3 games or so, you can pick up a bit on what players like to do unless they are great at hidding tells.

If it werent for VicGod being hot with his instincts, I'd move my vote to her because honestly, its not fair to play a game where you have to take someones word for their excuses not game related (blonde, sleepy, meds, etc.) Not trying to be a dick Lily, just giving my opinion.

You

I could swear I posted this earlier, but I can't find it.....

And Nae I will nk lily, vig kill Lily, sk her, or lead a lynch on her depending on what I think benefits myself, and what alignment I belong to.

This is sig-worthy, bro. And, yeah, it

I FOSed 4 people in my post, and indicated I don't love the play of 4-5(?). Do the math... I am looking for more than 1 scum player... so, I watch everyone...

Just an FYI... I post my FOS lists like this because when I first started playing I got lectured about being to focused on one suspect at a time, too myopic. Now, I do this... because I am a smart ass, and to prove the point that I do in fact keep my eyes on more than one doosher at a time.

"ask anyone over at DM" is the ONLY explanation you have given for ANYTHING from what I have seen.

No explanations for your votes. And you don't have the consideration to go back into the game and provide some sort of examples as grounds for your accusations, but WE are supposed to go hunt down DMer's an ask how you normally play? Get the heck out of here. No way in hell does anyone do that, you know it, we know it.... so stop saying it.

I'm not asking you to change your play, I'm just saying your play is scummy and is as good a reason as any to lynch you on day one as anything I've seen presented by you or anyone else.

I like my vote where it is.

So I didn't use reason when I said Dan x was trying to hard to stop the Brett train, and I found that scummy?

I didn't use reason when I switched to Smash so we could garner information and stop this long a** day?

I didn't use reason when I said I felt that Brett was playing off, and something about him didn't feel right with me?

There is a reason behind all of those votes. I pulled up quotes where Brett was talking set up when he said he didn't, those other posts, I don't know his humor, so naturally I couldn't pick up on it. The woe is me post that he said he didn't make I pulled it up.

I think I'd like to hear Lily's thoughts on more people. She says she takes notes on the game, so it would be nice to see what else she's been observing, aside from agreeing with RunIn about Brett.

I'm watching two other people very closely right now. I want to see what develops, though.

At this point, I have nothing on anyone that I can defend. I'm not falling into the trap my brother did. I HAVE played here before. ;-) If I can't support my case, I'm not bringing it. Besides, bringing a weak case against the right people here at JN will not sway the town any, but it will get you nked.

At this point, I'm watching who said what on Brett. That's all I'm going to say for the moment. I unvoted him because we had the threat of a deadline looming and he wasn't here to defend himself. I play weird, but I play fair.

And, Dan, I never thought that you were voting me because you wanted me gone. I had a whole long post typed up as to why I made that offer to be replaced, but you guys don't need to be my therapists, so I deleted it. Let's just say that my mental health issues interfere with my ability to play the game sometimes, and leave it at that. Rather than let them spoil it for all of you, I'd bow out. I made a mountain out of a molehill yesterday. Nothing anyone said was taken personally. You guys are all awesome. I was worried about MY problems affecting you not the other way around. No matter which side I am on, if my play is questionable because of my illness, that's not fair to those whose side I'm on. But I'm past the "beat myself up" portion of the program now, so let's move past this, okay? You guys just have to realize that you're playing with a crazy woman and I guess learn what's crazy and what's scummy. Only time will do that for you. I have hope. After all, you put up with Hess. (J/k Hess darling. You know I love ya!)

Question before I take off for a while, and I'd really like some thoughts put into this, if you would. I have no way of finding these answers on my own.

Who is typically most threatened by Shutout's playstyle, favorite scum choices, instincts, what have you?

If we can get some good answers to that, maybe we can find our scum that way.

Maybe not, but thinking in a different direction sometimes works out well.

WTF? 2 attacks in one day - and both on a guy who'll be the last to know. Maybe Predaturds know something about Shutout the rest of us don't. Thankfully their aim sucks.

I'm starting to wonder if shutout's as good as dead, and these posts about missing him are just flavor to ramp up the tension. Just seems out of balance that they'd have a second kill attempt - and that if they did have a second kill attempt, why would they spend it on a player they couldn't hit the first time?

Doesn't seem right.

Who is typically most threatened by Shutout's playstyle, favorite scum choices, instincts, what have you?

I don't remember shutout mixing it up with any one particular player. It's been previously mentioned, but he's a pretty common lynch candidate because of his low key style. He's really not a common early NK attempt.

Thanks, Slats. So, that is probably a dead end. Bummer.

Just so you all know, I talked things over with DPR, and I'm staying unless any of you feel otherwise. Sorry for the drama. I'm trying to deal with it, I promise.

So I didn't use reason when I said Dan x was trying to hard to stop the Brett train, and I found that scummy?

I didn't use reason when I switched to Smash so we could garner information and stop this long a** day?

I didn't use reason when I said I felt that Brett was playing off, and something about him didn't feel right with me?

There is a reason behind all of those votes. I pulled up quotes where Brett was talking set up when he said he didn't, those other posts, I don't know his humor, so naturally I couldn't pick up on it. The woe is me post that he said he didn't make I pulled it up.

Long story short, I never questioned your "reasoning," I questioned your intentions and your alignment... mostly because of your blunt refusal to elaborate on those intentions, and the in-game variables that were/are guiding them. At this point, it doesn't even matter because I don't want you trying to debate "reason" vs. "intention" as some form of deflection from the simple facts:

Brett claimed town.

You were trying to drive a lynch on him.

Not sure what else we need to see on day one to be honest.

Your moves within the game (almost all related to the battle with Brett) resonate more like tactful, yet unintentionally transparent, attempts to drive a lynch. Plain and simple, I felt like it was scummy.

Now, given that I don't find Brett's play nearly as scummy as yours, AND he claimed TOWN. I am inclined to point to you and say vote Runnin.

I like my vote where it is, until someone seems scummier I am not compelled to change it.

Man you are so gay. I didn;t disappear, I went to happy hour and it lasted until really late. I have a family and on weekends I spend time with them. I've explain this in every game.

My attack on you is because your a gigantic retarded knuckle dragging primate of a bully and I'm not done with you. I'm just leaving you alone so you can scum hunt and I can tell if you are being your usually prick self or you are trying to change things up cause your scum. Im on you Magilla Gorilla. As of now you seem to be your typically normal overzalous self important testicle of a beast. So in short... **** you moneky boy

I'm wondering if we'll see a pattern of Crusher coming out of the woodwork only when I call on him... followed by posts by DPR...

lockheed_f117_nighthawk.jpg

I thought lynching Shutout was a terrible idea. Not enough for me to vote SMC though. Tempting though.

Holy s**t..."

Compelling...

I'm starting to wonder if shutout's as good as dead, and these posts about missing him are just flavor to ramp up the tension. Just seems out of balance that they'd have a second kill attempt - and that if they did have a second kill attempt, why would they spend it on a player they couldn't hit the first time?

Doesn't seem right.

I agree with this.

btw. crusher and jif are funny are bringing the lulz, and pac is a degenerate dirtbag turdbrain

I'm really not sure what to make of this afternoon tbh... Crush, Sharrow, Dan, Lily posting in clusters, with one here and there from Pac, Runin and Slats... all surrounding a 2nd kill FAIL?

And Shutout? Dude... whose punchbowl did you piss in?

Can anyone chime in on abilities/roles that might allow multiple kill attempts in a day phase?

Great scene, DPR!

Or the Predators are not aligned.

I know DPR said it's a mafia set up, but he later clearly states that TWO DIFFERENT Predators took a shot at Shutout (1 tri-laser and the other disk blades).

Are these 2 Predators on the same team?

And I don't think it would be flavor with 2 different types of kill attempts. This is confusing to say the least.

Great scene, DPR!

Or the Predators are not aligned.

I know DPR said it's a mafia set up, but he later clearly states that TWO DIFFERENT Predators took a shot at Shutout (1 tri-laser and the other disk blades).

And I don't think it would be flavor with 2 different types of kill attempts. This is confusing to say the least.

The OP would indeed reflect that, but I won't be confirming anyone's innocence.

On the other hand, I will confirm that the Predators are all mafia.

The first and second movie had one Predator. The others have had groups of Predators - but for our purposes, this game will follow a mafia format above the movie plot lines. That's all I can really say.

I thought DPR has already answered this question for us... not sure if I read too much into his statements, or if you are intentionally trying to convolute the situation.

I thought DPR has already answered this question for us... not sure if I read too much into his statements, or if you are intentionally trying to convolute the situation.

What I mean by this is, isn't a standard mafia setup 2 teams? Why would the Predators NOT be aligned if the mod said there are 2 teams...?

What I mean by this is, isn't a standard mafia setup 2 teams? Why would the Predators NOT be aligned if the mod said there are 2 teams...?

It seems contradictory.

DPR (as you quoted) said it was a mafia set up with 1 team (it's not "two" teams, since only the mafia is considered a team. The town is not a team in itself).

But with a standard mafia, 2 members of that team can't kill. But here, it's a different Predator (according to DPR) doing the killing.

I'm wondering how can that be. Can 2 players on the same mafia team kill?

Perhaps Slats is correct about the flavor angle.

Why would a second team or lone Predator take a shot at a player that they know the first team already missed? If there was a second team/SK wouldn't they choose their own target? One they'd be more likely to kill?

We'll see where it goes, but I'm leaning flavor right now.

Why would a second team or lone Predator take a shot at a player that they know the first team already missed? If there was a second team/SK wouldn't they choose their own target? One they'd be more likely to kill?

We'll see where it goes, but I'm leaning flavor right now.

The flavor argument would explain it because the other options I discussed wouldn't fit as nicely.

I think it's just flavor. Afterall, if we had lynched someone already, wouldn't they'd have missed out on an attempt? I can't see them wasting kill attempts like that.

If not, then maybe they can only hunt one player until he is killed, and can't switch targets.

I'm not so sure about "flavor" guys... these posts seem pretty clear to me.

This does not mod confirm Shutout. This does mod confirm that Shutout was attacked by a single Predator.

MOD NOTE: To avoid unnecesary confusion, I will now bold a summary of actual events that took place in any scene. Anything not bolded can be taken as flavor.

For instance, the last scene would have ended:

A PREDATOR HAS TAKEN A SHOT AT SHUTOUT.

I will be very clear about any deaths.

Holy s**t..."

DPR clearly says anything NOT bolded can be taken as flavor meaning anything that IS bolded actually took place. IMO this was 2 separate attacks.

At this point I'm inclined to believe the Predaturds were given a specific target for a reason. Maybe Shutouts death is somehow beneficial to them.

It seems contradictory.

DPR (as you quoted) said it was a mafia set up with 1 team (it's not "two" teams, since only the mafia is considered a team. The town is not a team in itself).

But with a standard mafia, 2 members of that team can't kill. But here, it's a different Predator (according to DPR) doing the killing.

I'm wondering how can that be. Can 2 players on the same mafia team kill?

Perhaps Slats is correct about the flavor angle.

At first I thought it might be a rogue Predator playing the role of SK but then remembered DPR saying all Predators are mafia... I don't remember him saying they're all on the same team though. If there are 2 small Predator teams then they'd have to kill town AND the other Predators. That's actually pretty cool... unless your name is Shutout that is.

I FOSed 4 people in my post, and indicated I don't love the play of 4-5(?). Do the math... I am looking for more than 1 scum player... so, I watch everyone...

Just an FYI... I post my FOS lists like this because when I first started playing I got lectured about being to focused on one suspect at a time, too myopic. Now, I do this... because I am a smart ass, and to prove the point that I do in fact keep my eyes on more than one doosher at a time.

"ask anyone over at DM" is the ONLY explanation you have given for ANYTHING from what I have seen.

No explanations for your votes. And you don't have the consideration to go back into the game and provide some sort of examples as grounds for your accusations, but WE are supposed to go hunt down DMer's an ask how you normally play? Get the heck out of here. No way in hell does anyone do that, you know it, we know it.... so stop saying it.

I'm not asking you to change your play, I'm just saying your play is scummy and is as good a reason as any to lynch you on day one as anything I've seen presented by you or anyone else.

I like my vote where it is.

1. See where you said I didn't provide reason

2. I did post quotes read back and find out

Long story short, I never questioned your "reasoning," I questioned your intentions and your alignment... mostly because of your blunt refusal to elaborate on those intentions, and the in-game variables that were/are guiding them. At this point, it doesn't even matter because I don't want you trying to debate "reason" vs. "intention" as some form of deflection from the simple facts:

Brett claimed town.

You were trying to drive a lynch on him.

Not sure what else we need to see on day one to be honest.

Your moves within the game (almost all related to the battle with Brett) resonate more like tactful, yet unintentionally transparent, attempts to drive a lynch. Plain and simple, I felt like it was scummy.

Now, given that I don't find Brett's play nearly as scummy as yours, AND he claimed TOWN. I am inclined to point to you and say vote Runnin.

I like my vote where it is, until someone seems scummier I am not compelled to change it.

1. You did question my reasoning check the above quote

2. After he claimed I unvoted check the game thread, before you spread flse accusations about me

So after this little exchange between you and I, you have done basically the same thing you say about me. Yet it is ok for you, hypocritical if you ask me.

I would love to vote you now, but it would look to much like an omgus vote, and I don't want to keep switching my vote atm.

Wow.. only one page to read to catch up. Lily I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now with your bad week and unvote you.

Unvote Lily.

What's the deal with the attempts on Shutout? Do the predetors know something we don't about him? I didn't literally mean they take the slow ones.. (he was the last to know he had a death attempt the first time)

Btw DPR.. that picture is creepy. Those things are scary enough but now they have big sharp weapons to fling at people.

So after this little exchange between you and I, you have done basically the same thing you say about me. Yet it is ok for you, hypocritical if you ask me.

I would love to vote you now, but it would look to much like an omgus vote, and I don't want to keep switching my vote atm.

Insinuate false truths all you want.

Call me a hypocrite if you feel so inclined.

I think the people that are playing this game will look beyond the petty one-off accusations and look at what really matters... and I don't think they are going to buy what you are selling tbh.

I'm voting for you for these simple reasons:

1. Because your only real reinforcement for your pursuit of Brett was "ask someone from DM" and "I have a different style" and "I don't think making a case is pro-town."

2. Brett has claimed town. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

3. You have acknowledged and joked about me spreading around FOS, therefore I know you understand that I am a fingerpointer... YET you are freaking out about my vote being on you. Currently you have 2 votes, and you are combating me like you are at L1. The 1st vote on you being that of SHUTOUT... who has been attacked at least once, maybe twice, yet have you contested Shutout's vote on you? At some point some of the other players in this game are going to have to open their eyes to this...

4. Now you are flirting with the idea of an OMGUS vote on me? Rather counter productive for the town if you ask me, again... I just don't see how your play thus far has done anything good for the town. I think an experienced player like you would NOT be beating this dead horse over his 2nd vote if he were truly town, tbh. If you are town? You are playing like teh doodie.

I'm keeping my vote on you.

If you'd let me engage some other players in the game, I might discover a legit reason to move it... if you want to continue to monopolize my attention... well then, I rest my case.

lol, funny, cause the stealth post was in response to me being the only one you didn't throw suspicion on.

lol, funny, cause I FOS'ed 4 players and there are 22 in the game... I gonna guess that half the people playing have already voted for more people than I have FOS'ed.

I like it better when you post photos... much more witty than when you speak.

Archived