WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went back and looked, this appears to be Lily's peak in the voting.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

DPR (3) -- Runin, Verbal, AVM

Lily (8) -- Smash, Nae, Sharrow, Pac, JVOR, Barm, Vicious, Hess

JiF (1) -- CTM

Pac (3) -- JiF, Lily, DPR

THOSE NOT VOTING: Slats, Dan, BG

From there, Sharrow was the first to unvote.

Pac was the first to unvote and vote DPR.

DPR then unvoted Pac and voted himself.

Then Vic and Hess both unvoted Lily and Voted DPR.

I know Dan has a busy day today fwiw. She won't be around until later this evening.

Reading Dan's posts around that time, seems she's really cautious. Almost too cautious. She hemmed and hawed thru that mess and never cast a vote. What's your take on her play so far this game?

I'm still limitedto three posts per game day, and the stingy mod won't give me rollover posts.

I still don't know who captured me.

I don't know if I'm unlynchable anymore or not. I asked the mod, but he wouldn't tell me.

I could not use my nightaction last night, and won't get it back until my captor dies and I am freed.

At this point, I'm guessing that Lily checked me for magic on N1, got her result, and in a very anti-town move, outed me. She probably got noticed by the mafia and recruited for it on N2.

Other than that, I only have my suspicions.

You need an acting coach..

Vote DPR

I don't think we should lynch DPR. First of all, he isn't original scum. Second of all, we don't know whether we can even lynch him. We should be looking for the scum team. Imo, if we kill those 4 and haven't won the game, then we can lynch him.

I don't think we should lynch DPR. First of all, he isn't original scum. Second of all, we don't know whether we can even lynch him. We should be looking for the scum team. Imo, if we kill those 4 and haven't won the game, then we can lynch him.

This is a great sentiment and all but why bother saying it if you're not voting or pressuring anyone. As Hess pointed out earlier all I remember you doing is stalling lynches by unvoting.. have you been on anyones case yet?

You need an acting coach..

Vote DPR

I'm ignoring him. I think everything he's said is a lie. I'm also concerned that he might be still unlynchable. I just wanted to vote him to get him to crap out a post.

unvote

To be perfectly honest, both BG and Dan X have felt a little scummy to me, and I'm interested in both of them. If BG's pulling Dan's name out of a hat and is right about her, I'll feel a lot better about him. I do think Dan should get a little heat.

vote: Dan X

The unvoting and hemming and hawing is how dan plays as town. I know for a fact she is a townie at heart and dislikes lying in general.

That said she hasn't rung true townie to me like she normally does as town. The bigger issue with me than the hawing is she hasn't been suspicious of me like she normally is in these games and really she's always talking about how she can read her doppleganger and it's not there.

If i had to pick alignment i'd lean suspicious and wouldn't mind if she was the lynch.

Went back and looked, this appears to be Lily's peak in the voting.

From there, Sharrow was the first to unvote.

Pac was the first to unvote and vote DPR.

DPR then unvoted Pac and voted himself.

Then Vic and Hess both unvoted Lily and Voted DPR.

Reading Dan's posts around that time, seems she's really cautious. Almost too cautious. She hemmed and hawed thru that mess and never cast a vote. What's your take on her play so far this game?

This is a great sentiment and all but why bother saying it if you're not voting or pressuring anyone. As Hess pointed out earlier all I remember you doing is stalling lynches by unvoting.. have you been on anyones case yet?

You can call it stalling all you want, but when a third of the game or whatever hasn't commented on recent events, then I'm not ready to lynch anyone when there's time.

Take the DPR lynch for example, maybe if we let the others come back and weigh in, one of them might have thought that maybe we wouldn't get any info if we lynch DPR if he can't be lynched and we would have lynched Lily a day earlier.

And on the scum side, I mean, the half the scum team in the Avatar game basically sat it out. Speedy lynches just help them do that if that's their strategy.

As for getting on people's cases, I was on Lily's case and she couldn't explain to me or CTM how her role was beneficial to the town. I just wanted to hear from the people who hadn't chimed in, DPR specifically, before we lynched her. She was dead to rights, there was no reason to "stall" her lynch, there wasn't even a vote on another player at the time.

I'm ignoring him. I think everything he's said is a lie. I'm also concerned that he might be still unlynchable. I just wanted to vote him to get him to crap out a post.

unvote

To be perfectly honest, both BG and Dan X have felt a little scummy to me, and I'm interested in both of them. If BG's pulling Dan's name out of a hat and is right about her, I'll feel a lot better about him. I do think Dan should get a little heat.

Was it you or someone else that used to always say lynch all liars? Under the scenario where DPR is unlynchable, I understand but I feel like the "I need to be set free!" bit is an attempt to keep himself alive. I'd like to hear from Dan, but I'm bothered by the sentiment to keep DPR around.

Tonights my first night back at work (wish me luck!), only working a short shift, 430-9, so I'll be back on later tonight

What's your take on the people who jumped from the Lily train to the DPR train?

I figure you're a good guy to ask being that you were the first one to do so.

I agree with this sentiment for the most part, although I wouldn't be entirely against lynching DPR earlier than having all remaining scum if we're given enough additional reason to do so. But barring that I'd agree with this at this point.

unvote

I felt real good about you before we found out Toto wasn't on the scum team. Now that post you made about him not being on the team on the first day has the opposite feeling.

Regarding Dan, I agree with you guys. I got a real bad feeling about her when she was asking me what to do before the DPR lynch. Nobody ever asks me what to do, for good reason, lol. It was just strange.

Was it you or someone else that used to always say lynch all liars? Under the scenario where DPR is unlynchable, I understand but I feel like the "I need to be set free!" bit is an attempt to keep himself alive. I'd like to hear from Dan, but I'm bothered by the sentiment to keep DPR around.

Tonights my first night back at work (wish me luck!), only working a short shift, 430-9, so I'll be back on later tonight

My only concern with lynching DPR is possibility that he still can't be lynched.

I think this captivity/three post crap is total, 100% BS, and as a result I'm leaning very heavily towards him having been found by that little bitch Dorothy.

I'd hate to have another day end in no lynch, and have them take another shot at night. If the town really wants to really go there, though, I won't stand in the way. I'll even lend a hand if it stalls out.

This is a good point. I got to imagine if we lynch who ever recruited him, that he's probably back to nuetral.

However, I think he is lying. He knows who recruited him, he has no post limitations and I guarantee he's lynchable.

Unvote DPR

At this point we need more participation from verbal

Vote: Verbal

Its my experience with you, when you focus on inactives, you are scum. Also, wasnt CTM's vote on you before switched to DPR?

My list is still Pac, Vic and JVOR in that order.

This is a good point. I got to imagine if we lynch who ever recruited him, that he's probably back to nuetral.

However, I think he is lying. He knows who recruited him, he has no post limitations and I guarantee he's lynchable.

Unvote DPR

Its my experience with you, when you focus on inactives, you are scum. Also, wasnt CTM's vote on you before switched to DPR?

OR I always do it.

Kinda like I did with Smash last game on day 1. When I was town.

Another ROCK SOLID case brought to you by JiF

FYI I'm giving a training session from 1-3 PST. Wont' be on much.

OR I always do it.

You are cracking me up today. Nice wifom. Did I make a case? Did I cast a vote? Just made on observation there buddy. Why so testy?

OR I always do it.

And LOL @ you dissing my cases when all you are doing is voting inactives.

Another ROCK SOLID case brought to you by Vic.

Unvote DPR

What exactly am I doing that's making you put me on that list?

What's your take on the people who jumped from the Lily train to the DPR train?

I figure you're a good guy to ask being that you were the first one to do so.

Between the stalling and playing it close to the vest Sharrow is a bit shady... He mentions going after Lily, (which is true), but I disagree with you that scum knew exactly who Lily was.. I just played that role 2 games ago and no one knew I existed. I believe scum thought Lily would flip town and guys like JiF and Sharrow were trying to look clean by delaying the inevitable. That being said I feel less confident about Sharrow than I do JiFag.

I think at this point DPR is probably scum.. he disappeared for a couple hours yesterday after he was lynched then came back with a preposterous story about being trapped in some time warp or some such nonsense.. I think he wants us to belive he's in that mirror thingy from Superman II where he's floating around with Zod... It sounds ridiculous.

I've gotten a town read on Vic all game which is a little worriesome considering I always do when he's scum. For the time being though I feel fine there.

Hess wasn't around much early but since he's been back he's been all over Lily and DPR.. I view him as a fellow townie but having been scum with him last game I know he's capable of just making it look that way...

Between the stalling and playing it close to the vest Sharrow is a bit shady... He mentions going after Lily, (which is true), but I disagree with you that scum knew exactly who Lily was.. I just played that role 2 games ago and no one knew I existed. I believe scum thought Lily would flip town and guys like JiF and Sharrow were trying to look clean by delaying the inevitable. That being said I feel less confident about Sharrow than I do JiFag.

Please tell me how I delayed the inevitable...by the time I got the computer this morning she was already at L-1. I made one post and she was hammered.

Also, you do realize I could spin this exact case back on you day 1 w/ I28. You knew he'd flip town and you didnt hammer and you are the most hammering sob this game has ever known.

A note on the post count thing: the internet thing is fixed at my house. I'm flying to Phoenix on Monday morning, but I should have no problem with internet access in the hotel, and plenty of spare time.

My post count usually starts slow, and ramps up as the game goes along, unless something ocurs in-game that makes me latch onto something. Aka, I like to lurk a little in the first day or two, but I won't post fluff. I'll contribute.

10 posts in the game total, 2 since he made that post even though he said he'd have a lot of free time. There's inactive, and then there's not playing. He hasn't really done anything other than get in a spat with DPR 2 days ago.

vote:Verbal

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 4

Sharrow (1) -- Hess

DPR (3) -- AVM, Pac, Runin

DanX (2) -- BG, Slats

Verbal (2) -- Vicious, Sharrow

With 14 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 8 to lynch.

This may be nothing, but I want to know if anybody else thinks there might be something up with this. Happened back on day 1, during the I28 vs JiF thing.

I wasn't going to play setup, but...

Why five?

This is the first game in a while that I actually have a working knowledge of the source material, and I was definitely thinking Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tinman, and Lion.

and in response to that -

Me, too. But I guess Toto is possible. Maybe.

If she knew who the scum team was, this could be her trying to signal to them. In retrospect, its was strange, imo not to think Toto was part of the scum team, but turns out he wasn't.

Please tell me how I delayed the inevitable...

This is how.... you've been at it for days...

Now it looks like Lily vs. DRP. Though I see the case against DPR, I'm not sure I'm buying it completely. Lily is tough for me because I hear those saying its not about her personality, but I cant get my mind off thats exactly what it is. IDK. DPR strikes me as someone who was just ready to lynch after a slow day 1. Cant blame him, because I'm the same way, but also dont want to discount some of the cases laid out.

Got a second to post here at lunch...

Dont like this push to Lily at all. A couple of reasons 1) this is awfully convenient (and I'd like to point how all of a sudden opportunistic Pac has returned). 2) why on earth as a scummate would Lily go out of her way to save DPR right now? If failed, then they are really crippled. 3) this is happening way too fast considering its really about 2 people presumably town 4) why not give it a night to find out if there is a cop and what they can learn about Lily 5) would scum take a shot at Lily at night?...my list of reason could go on.

We just lost the tracker...why risk losing what claims to be another role favoring the town. Just seems very early in the game to force the issue now. Personally, (and I know some find this type of play scummy, but whatever) I'd like to look else where from DPR and Lily. We can always come back to them and we really havent pressured enough people at this stage in the game. Lily had D1 heat, DPR started to get D1 heat and we are still focused on them again to the point where we now have a known town role and a claimed innocent, assuming Lily isnt lying.

I dont love the claim...not at all. But I dont like the idea of lynching Lily today to figure this out. It can wait.

Dont like the Lily train...here we are on day 3 and we are stuck on the same person since day 1. We gained nothing from the nonlynch of DPR. Do we know for certain that wwow found him, or did dorothy gain the magic blast by finding the gw in DPR?

In fact after spending the last 20 minutes re-reading your filthy posts I think you need to visit the grim reaper.

I wanted to hear from DPR before voting and his post today read like a poorly constructed scum plot to keep us afraid of voting for him.

If he was recruited by scum it stands to reason his powers could increase each day he's kept alive... If he was recruited by the WWoW and is telling the truth about being in purgatory, then he's of no use to her so we lose nothing by lynching him.

That said, if I had 2 votes you'd be getting 1.

This is how.... you've been at it for days...

In fact after spending the last 20 minutes re-reading your filthy posts I think you need to visit the grim reaper.

I wanted to hear from DPR before voting and his post today read like a poorly constructed scum plot to keep us afraid of voting for him.

If he was recruited by scum it stands to reason his powers could increase each day he's kept alive... If he was recruited by the WWoW and is telling the truth about being in purgatory, then he's of no use to her so we lose nothing by lynching him.

That said, if I had 2 votes you'd be getting 1.

What exactly is leading you to that conclusion?

The good witch was found, just the question as to who has found him. He is to big of an enigma in this game, and will cause way more confusion and chaos then what is necessary.

So DPR needs to be eliminated, for the way he was brought to the spotlight.

As far as scum go

I am thinking

JiF

Slats

I am leaning scum on

Dan

Hess

Verb

Everyone else I am getting a pretty much good town vibe from. I had Nae figured as a townie, but that doesn't do us much good now.

You figured Nae as a townie? Of course you did. Such a scummy thing to say. FOS = Runin

I'm going to refer to DPR as CENTER STAGE. Could you be more of an attention whore?

No. This is who he is. If he was as quiet as me, I'd have his face on a milk carton.

lol... ok, so she was a symp and revealing to signal to scum who the good witch was. Scum most likely knew of her existance, knew her role and would be the ones most anxious to lynch her for bonafides.. i reckon..

also, symps often turn up innocent hence the request to waste the cop investigation

no, see below

scum usually know there's a symp and in this case I'd imagine they new she was this "magic finder"..

now it's time to look through lily's posts and see who she defended.. Unfortunately, we may not have pressured scum yet..

Doesn't really matter at this point, but the scum usually do NOT know who the symp is.

Also:

Knock, knock, Verbal, where are you?

Here! I was initally intending to be online every evening this week in my hotel room, but I can't get access. So I said screw it, I'll just post at work. I'll be active for this week.

Ok, so here's my thoughts. I'm at a point where personally I want to go a completely different direction than stuck with the same group of people that keep getting looked at. There's way too many outliers out there not even getting looked at and I'm seriously willing to bet that it's where most of our scum are hanging out.

That said, I want to go back to an earlier suspicion I voiced and have been watching since. I have to be honest, I have not liked Dan's play at all. I called her out on it earlier and pointed out the similarity to her play in the Star Wars game. She actually even conceded to it and moved on and I've noticed she's clearly made an effort to really avoid some of the things I pointed out that she was doing (e.g., way too much justification of her not being around). That said, she's one person in this game I feel like is being WAAAY too careful, which always catches my eye and is something I knew she even admitted to doing herself last time she was scum. She's playing the "unsure" card very heavily and is avoiding getting herself too entangled in any definitive position on anyone.

I feel like she's just trying to make sure not to upset anyone and it's something I recognize easily because frankly, it's a move I've certainly used myself as scum before. Perhaps I should've done the same last game so I didn't get double vig-killed. :-P But for now, I think we've got scum hiding out and need to start trying to find them, and she's my best guess.

Vote: Dan X

Very interesting. I might be on board with that.

At this point we need more participation from verbal

Vote: Verbal

Yeah, yeah, it's coming. See below.

10 posts in the game total, 2 since he made that post even though he said he'd have a lot of free time. There's inactive, and then there's not playing. He hasn't really done anything other than get in a spat with DPR 2 days ago.

vote:Verbal

Make it 11. I'm playing, I've just been....well....inactive. Not anymore - like I said before, I pick it up in mid-game, which is where we are now. My activity will continue to ramp up.

What exactly is leading you to that conclusion?

I don't even know what he's saying. Like JiF's posts I skim and watch the two tickle torture each other. Blah Blah Blah Blah. In the Battle of Blah I'm sure one of them is scum and the other just a dummy. One playing the look how smart I am bc I knew all along and the other backpedalling from his dummy. Who knows. I like Sharrow's last two posts though. Almost enough to unvote.

I don't even know what he's saying. Like JiF's posts I skim and watch the two tickle torture each other. Blah Blah Blah Blah. In the Battle of Blah I'm sure one of them is scum and the other just a dummy. One playing the look how smart I am bc I knew all along and the other backpedalling from his dummy. Who knows. I like Sharrow's last two posts though. Almost enough to unvote.

BTW not this stupid one below. The two before it. Who cares if he thought an innocent was an innocent. Your FOS bonding is pretty ghey, Youz two.

I would like to second that part.

unvote

Archived