WIZARD OF OZ Mafia Game Thread

SMC

vote DPR

I've been debating this in my head and I don't think he could be unlynchable the entire game. It makes one role too powerful in this game imo. In my game I just made Crusher be able to survive one lynch. I think he has some sort of restriction on it in terms of number of uses or he loses it if he got converted.

I think based on a few things i'm seeing DPR seems like he was converted to the dark side. He's flat out unhelpful to the town as he is.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vic you are all over the place. Still worried about the DPR situation more, honestly -- but you're more and more concerning.

Seriously though...the longer we go, the more difficult it's going to be for us to pull the trigger on him.

In looking back, I don't think this was mentioned ... what do people make of the fact that Lily didn't seem to blatantly signal a name to her teammates the second time? Even if she hadn't found anything, I might expect something subtle from her ... unless she had given up and didn't want anyone to have the information. She brought a very small amount of attention to a couple people but mainly because they addressed her first, so I don't think that means anything. This makes me wonder if she did, in fact, have access to the QT, in which case I'm back to being completely baffled by her behavior in outing DPR.

I thought the next one might address the couple votes on you. Like mine. :P

I feel a little better about you after these couple posts, but I think my biggest problem is that you seem to be somewhat disengaged from the game. Playing it very safe and conservative, not ruffling any feathers, happy to say that you had a town vibe on a dead townie, or on Sharrow.

Let me ask you straight up, who are your top candidates for scum right now?

Also meant to respond to that part ... it's not like I'm pulling CTM's name out of thin air because he's dead. I had outright said I wanted to wait for CTM to weigh in on DPR's reveal. This was two day phases ago.

Read back some but need to go to bed soon. I think lynching DPR makes a lot of sense right now because I just can't imagine him being perpetually able to avoid lynches while being so obviously scummy. The game just wouldn't be fair. Or else I have another big beef with SMC. :) JiF sticking up for Lily I could see if scum are trying to keep themselves spread out, and he seems overly confused. JVoR was his usual jumpy self early on in the game but has seemed much smoother since getting more recent attention. He is one I would like to keep watching for, and Hess is hardest for me to read of the four, but since he's become more active it may make sense to see what else he brings to the table.

Vic you are all over the place. Still worried about the DPR situation more, honestly -- but you're more and more concerning.

Seriously though...the longer we go, the more difficult it's going to be for us to pull the trigger on him.

I may be all over the place. But I'm not overly eager to please like some.

Is Smash trapped in that other dimension with DPR?

I've never seen him this inactive in a game.

Nope Im not in DPR's ( I wanna be recruited) Dimension.

Verbal I have noticed that about DPR as well he even admitted it in previous games. Certainly does not mean it happened.

Im going to Vote Bleedin on a gut feeling. He said a few things earlier that I questioned him on and I had made up my mind before He even answered.

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 4

JiF (1) -- Hess

DPR (6) -- AVM, Pac, Runin, Verbal, JiF, JVOR

DanX (2) -- BG, Slats

BG (1) - - Smash

With 14 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 8 to lynch.

While this does feel a little easy for the second day in a row, it seems pretty clear to me that DPR is scum, and the more I think about it, the more confident I feel that he can probably be lynched now. My guess is that he would lose that ability once converted but be helping the scum in some other way.

I'm going to vote DPR.

Well, well, well. In an effort to push the game a bit, the wonderful, wonderful mod has decided to send me some info.

I have indeed been captured by dorothy. But, I do not count toward the Mafia's numbers - so I don't help them win by being alive.

SMC did not give the names of all of the mafia, but he did give me one:

vote BG

When he dies, I get my night-action back, and that is very, very, very pro-town.

I still don't know if I am unlynchable, but it looks like we are going to find out.

Well, well, well. In an effort to push the game a bit, the wonderful, wonderful mod has decided to send me some info.

I have indeed been captured by dorothy. But, I do not count toward the Mafia's numbers - so I don't help them win by being alive.

vote BG

When he dies, I get my night-action back, and that is very, very, very pro-town.

I still don't know if I am unlynchable, but it looks like we are going to find out.

Oh you have got to be kidding me, right? **** this, I'm not even going to waste my time defending this, particularly in light of other information I have to share:

Hey everyone, I'm the cop. Dan X is scum, I found her last night. Given we have a number of scum left, I was trying to avoid revealing this early on if at all possible. Other than that, it appears I was very wrong, clearly DPR is scum too, because there ain't a snowballs chance in hell SMC said a damn thing like that to him. Now let's fry both of these ****ers. I'm guessing they figured me out when I went after Dan right out of the gate to start the day, so that's my fault. But I figure might as well reveal now since they seem to have figured out who I am. Maybe they were hoping I'd get strung up before I could come out and claim, or hoped you guys wouldn't believe me if he came up with this ridiculous story first, but who knows.

I'll let you guys decide how to proceed, but if you're worried about the legitimacy of my reveal I'd imagine going with Dan X first might make you all feel a little better, but after DPR's above post I'd be glad to kill him now too (assuming he can now be lynched). I'll leave that up to all of you.

And an FYI on my other investigations, although I won't reveal names at the time unless you guys decide I should.

Night one I was told my investigation failed. This either means there is a roleblocker (another reason I was trying to avoid revealing) who targeted me night one OR there is one other possibility that I'm actually leaning towards. I was told would receive one of two responses in terms of alignment for each player, which I immediately asked SMC what about the unaligned players, to which he essentially told me play and find out. When I got that night one result back of failed investigation, part of me wondered if I had investigated a third party player and that's why I got that result. Assuming I survive the night, I'll probably know for sure come tomorrow which it is (as I'd assume they'd roleblock me again if they have one).

Night two I got back an innocent result on my investigation.

Oh you have got to be kidding me, right? **** this, I'm not even going to waste my time defending this, particularly in light of other information I have to share:

Hey everyone, I'm the cop. Dan X is scum, I found her last night. Given we have a number of scum left, I was trying to avoid revealing this early on if at all possible. Other than that, it appears I was very wrong, clearly DPR is scum too, because there ain't a snowballs chance in hell SMC said a damn thing like that to him. Now let's fry both of these ****ers. I'm guessing they figured me out when I went after Dan right out of the gate to start the day, so that's my fault. But I figure might as well reveal now since they seem to have figured out who I am. Maybe they were hoping I'd get strung up before I could come out and claim, or hoped you guys wouldn't believe me if he came up with this ridiculous story first, but who knows.

I'll let you guys decide how to proceed, but if you're worried about the legitimacy of my reveal I'd imagine going with Dan X first might make you all feel a little better, but after DPR's above post I'd be glad to kill him now too (assuming he can now be lynched). I'll leave that up to all of you.

Perfect.. I didn't want to call her out yet but last nights posts reeked.

Hammer DPR then lets hyper lynch her tomorrow.

Did anyone not see these posts coming? meh

Did anyone not see these posts coming? meh

LOL. Actually the only post I saw coming was something to the effect of your own post. Anyhow. I still think there's a strong possibility you're unlynchable. The way you play is always very unorthodox. I still think you're unlynchable as you and the Wiz have different win conditions, if at all. Sort of like pawns BUT VERY IMPORTANT pawns in the game, so to speak.

UNVOTE

VOTE: DAN X

Perfect.. I didn't want to call her out yet but last nights posts reeked.

Hammer DPR then lets hyper lynch her tomorrow.

Why hammer who we basically know is a wildcard over what we should strongly consider scum? Makes no sense. Better shot of lynching Dan X and freeing DPR imo.

I know everyone can't get over DPR's scummy play even when town but let's not forget what we pretty much know his character to be. I say we deal with him later.

Obviously lets see if there is a counter and what Dan has to say but worst case scenerio you lynch BG tomorrow if lying.

And an FYI on my other investigations, although I won't reveal names at the time unless you guys decide I should.

Night one I was told my investigation failed. This either means there is a roleblocker (another reason I was trying to avoid revealing) who targeted me night one OR there is one other possibility that I'm actually leaning towards. I was told would receive one of two responses in terms of alignment for each player, which I immediately asked SMC what about the unaligned players, to which he essentially told me play and find out. When I got that night one result back of failed investigation, part of me wondered if I had investigated a third party player and that's why I got that result. Assuming I survive the night, I'll probably know for sure come tomorrow which it is (as I'd assume they'd roleblock me again if they have one).

Night two I got back an innocent result on my investigation.

I personally think the two wildcards would come back Ozite unless captured. I think that sick bastard DPR just wanted to be captured...bc, ya know, he;s a sick bastard and stuff...this is all based on you telling the truth here of course.

vote BG

ROFL. A legend in your own mind. Can I get the hammer on Dan tomorrow as well? It would be such sweet vindication.

Unvote

Vote:dpr

I personally think the two wildcards would come back Ozite unless captured. I think that sick bastard DPR just wanted to be captured...bc, ya know, he;s a sick bastard and stuff...this is all based on you telling the truth here of course.

Actually, the sickest thing is that I didn't - I was totally playing town, and Dorothy captured me anyway.

But here's the trick, a lot of the information I've given is very real. You'll just have to figure out which bits and pieces those are.

Admittedly, I did tell a small fib about only being able to post three times a day - but that was for a reason, and now that purpose has been served, so I can talk as much as I want. heh

Now I just get to sit back, sip martinis in the rathole, and see if ya'll figure out the puzzle in time.

Actually, the sickest thing is that I didn't - I was totally playing town, and Dorothy captured me anyway.

But here's the trick, a lot of the information I've given is very real. You'll just have to figure out which bits and pieces those are.

Admittedly, I did tell a small fib about only being able to post three times a day - but that was for a reason, and now that purpose has been served, so I can talk as much as I want. heh

Now I just get to sit back, sip martinis in the rathole, and see if ya'll figure out the puzzle in time.

You know, I am completely following what you're saying. I seriously feel like I have for most of this game. I also don't think you die here. This is just a strong hunch of course, nothing more. I do believe you were captured by Dorothy b/c of Lily, who did a nice job btw, just needs to cut down on the emo in the future as it doesn't really ever work here. I think you played much more town, now as you're captured by Scum, I just don't know if that means you're playing as scum...or on completely neutral terms all together. I'm leaning towards neutral.

The opening scene said they were neither Ozite nor Outcast (see quote below)... which is what made me immediately ask SMC that question. The fact that he wouldn't confirm the response is what made me think that there would be a different response and again, had me wondering if the failed result on day one was because I found the other third party player.

What makes matters worse is the overbearing Wizard and that prissy Good Witch of the North have arrived at the castle, and disguised themselves as well. They are neither Ozite nor Outcast and watch and wait.

OFFICIAL FINAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 4

DPR (8) -- AVM, Pac, Runin, Verbal, JiF, JVOR, DanX, Vicious

DanX (3) -- BG, Slats, Hess

BG (2) - - Smash, DPR

With 14 Ozites in the Castle, it takes 8 to lynch.

The Ozites decided to lynch DPR, did they make the right decision?

Gallows.jpg

I'm ok if you guys disagree, but the more I think about it I think I'm more in favor of going Dan today. Reasons being: (1) if we can "free" DPR (not sure it's true, but you never know), killing her first makes that possible, (2) if he is unlynchable, that's not a good thing for us and (3) if there is a mafia roleblocker, there's a one in four chance she's it. Either way I won't fight it too much, because once one goes today the other goes tomorrow.

The opening scene said they were neither Ozite nor Outcast (see quote below)... which is what made me immediately ask SMC that question. The fact that he wouldn't confirm the response is what made me think that there would be a different response and again, had me wondering if the failed result on day one was because I found the other third party player.

Yeah. I believe your reveal btw. I was saying Ozite as their from Oz but I understand and agree them as 3rd party. But I think the twist is that their win condition is different than other games. My hunch is it's not like they are you're typical Survivor types. I don't think trying to kill them per se helps town. Again, a strong hunch is all. I would rather lynch Dan right now. If true a good case on Sharrow is building at least in my mind as well as she defended him when she had no pressure and he had no pressure except a little from me.

And btw I don't HATE the idea of lynching DPR, my gut just tells me it's not the right decision right now. Especially if we are to believe you.

BG I think your full of crap. I could be wrong but why would you choose to reveal NOW ?? DPR was well on his way to a lynch dont you think ? He mentions your name and you go berserk ? Why didnt you just let DPR get lynched then reveal tomorrow if you had too.

If Im wrong hey it wont be the first time lol we've all been down that road.

BG I think your full of crap. I could be wrong but why would you choose to reveal NOW ?? DPR was well on his way to a lynch dont you think ? He mentions your name and you go berserk ? Why didnt you just let DPR get lynched then reveal tomorrow if you had too.

If Im wrong hey it wont be the first time lol we've all been down that road.

Another reason why we should have lynched Dan today.

Archived